Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

bluelines:

Your post almost made me cry, RC. So sad. surprise

Not sure if this is meant ironically, I hope not because it always makes me more sad than you can imagine. I don't complain, I have a nice life, my kids are well, my wife too, we all are healthy but I love cars and I wish I could do more car stuff but unfortunately... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

BjoernB:

bluelines and I go to McLaren events just to have free appetizers and drinks

Smiley Smiley This is why my wife always wants to join me when we are invited to car events/presentations...the food. Smiley

The biggest problem for me, maybe I didn't make myself understood too well, is time. Time is money. I cannot afford to stay away from my business, just during vacations. I could basically spend my whole time doing cars stuff all week long but I cannot afford it (time, money...). Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

That blue GT2RS is just wow! angelkiss

What color do you thin it is?

RC:
    BjoernB:

Smiley Smiley This is why my wife always wants to join me when we are invited to car events/presentations...the food. Smiley

The biggest problem for me, maybe I didn't make myself understood too well, is time. Time is money. I cannot afford to stay away from my business, just during vacations. I could basically spend my whole time doing cars stuff all week long but I cannot afford it (time, money...). Smiley

I think that is probably true of 99.n% of the population..

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

+1

looks like cobalt blue. 

I saw a GT3 in that color at Paul Richard last week and I was surprised by how good it looked. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

My first Porsche was Cobalt blue with Terracotta interior. 

DaveGordon:
    RC:
    BjoernB:

Bluelines is different. He prefers to work less and choose cheap hotels and eat free at presentation cocktails smiley

--

Gnil:
    DaveGordon:
    RC:
    BjoernB:

Bluelines is different. He prefers to work less and choose cheap hotels and eat free at presentation cocktails smiley

Smiley 

--

RC:
    Gnil:
    DaveGordon:
    RC:
    BjoernB:

Smiley 

He is so happy Smiley

--

kiss

“Some people are so poor, so poor, so absolutely poor that all they have is money” - Gaur Gopal Das

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Who knows Vic Elford? indecision

Back to GT2 RS: I had the chance to have few laps in a GT2 RS with Lars Kern at the wheel. The car is amazing. I drove to the track with my .2 GT3 which afterwards felt like a 356. The torque and acceleration of the GT2 RS are (at least for me) outrageous and was more emotionally hit by the GT2 than from the 991 Cup car (which I also had few laps in). The sound: you need to hear it in real , it is like a subwoofer has been hidden in the car, very unusual and menacing with a  deep tone, wonderful, different from any other Porsche , actually reminds me a bit the GT1 . Nothing to do with the 991 Turbo.  Now I am seriously in love with the GT2 RS.  Lars Kern is a great guy not only skilled but a genuine human being. All in all a memorable day.

IMG_1972.jpg

m4ever:

Back to GT2 RS: I had the chance to have few laps in a GT2 RS with Lars Kern at the wheel. The car is amazing.

Smiley

Must have been a special experience! Would love to do a few laps in that car Smiley I guess my GTS will feel like a Porsche diesel tractor afterwards Smiley

--

m4ever:

Who knows Vic Elford? indecision

Back to GT2 RS: I had the chance to have few laps in a GT2 RS with Lars Kern at the wheel. The car is amazing. I drove to the track with my .2 GT3 which afterwards felt like a 356. The torque and acceleration of the GT2 RS are (at least for me) outrageous and was more emotionally hit by the GT2 than from the 991 Cup car (which I also had few laps in). The sound: you need to hear it in real , it is like a subwoofer has been hidden in the car, very unusual and menacing with a  deep tone, wonderful, different from any other Porsche , actually reminds me a bit the GT1 . Nothing to do with the 991 Turbo.  Now I am seriously in love with the GT2 RS.  Lars Kern is a great guy not only skilled but a genuine human being. All in all a memorable day.

You are so lucky to have had this privilege.

Vic Elford is British and he won the Monte Carlo Rally, yes? Smiley

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

m4ever:

Who's is Lars Kern SmileySmiley

Last week I was at Paul Richard, doing some laps in my car . It was the Swiss Porsche cup race week end and there were 3 GT2 RS  doing laps . As you say, the sound is incredible , like a deep menacing V8 when they passed full speed on the straight . Also, each time it came up in my rear mirror, I could only move aside and see the rocket fly by.

I also had the chance to do a few laps in a Cup car as passenger . The engine was not impressive at all, not more then in my Gt3 , did not feel any pull.... but what was impressive is the grip,  speed and acceleration possibilities in curves and all the mechanical sounds 

--

Before anyone asks: Paul Ricard was an  French eccentric Pastis magnate. Nothing to do with Porsche at all.

Spyderidol:

Before anyone asks: Paul Ricard was an French eccentric Pastis magnate. Nothing to do with Porsche at all.

Not that I want to delve in the details, but ownership of the Paul Ricard circuit was transferred to Bernie Ecclestone's ex-wife Slavica upon their divorce and their daughter Tamara is an avid Porsche fan. Hence I think "nothing to do with Porsche at all" is a bit too strong statement Smiley

--

You are right! I stand corrected!devil

Gnil:
    m4ever:

Who's is Lars Kern SmileySmiley

Last week I was at Paul Richard, doing some laps in my car . It was the Swiss Porsche cup race week end and there were 3 GT2 RS  doing laps . As you say, the sound is incredible , like a deep menacing V8 when they passed full speed on the straight . Also, each time it came up in my rear mirror, I could only move aside and see the rocket fly by.

I also had the chance to do a few laps in a Cup car as passenger . The engine was not impressive at all, not more then in my Gt3 , did not feel any pull.... but what was impressive is the grip,  speed and acceleration possibilities in curves and all the mechanical sounds 

You have never been in a Cup car?

The best sound of the Cup car is from the outside. The downshift bark is sooooo sexy. but then again every sound made by a Cup car is sexy, the gearbox whine, the revs, etc. Even the start up.

--

Whoopsy:

The best sound of the Cup car is from the outside. The downshift bark is sooooo sexy. but then again every sound made by a Cup car is sexy, the gearbox whine, the revs, etc. Even the start up.

Been in one a few times, but never in a driving one before this week end , even though my brother is on his 3rd or 4th . I have often been at the Swiss Cup races, but  always with my car  and usually my bro did not have an extra seat for me to join in a few laps .  This time he did . A few times also he offered that I come to test the car ( on other events ) but I never managed to go . 

As you say, everything is an event . It was pretty impressive . I did not trough up though . Smiley

--

Whoopsy:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that not that many people have smiley

I was also lucky enough to go for a ride.. amazing bit of kit.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:
    Whoopsy:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that not that many people have smiley

I was also lucky enough to go for a ride.. amazing bit of kit.

I had a passenger ride in a Mezger GT3 Cup... love the engine, gearbox and brakes!

nberry:

I don't begrudge anyone from immersing themselves in Porsche's past but to find fault with those who don't give a rats ass about the past is just wrong. I get tired of people telling me unless you drive a MT Porsche you're not a driver. I have owned MT Porsche's and Ferrari's. Compared to today's Porsche's and Ferrari's, those cars are a piece of shit. People pay unbelievable sums of money for them only to store them and bring them to car shows. Museum pieces, nothing more.

LOL!

So in other words, Porsche managed to build pos cars for the past 40+ years until mid 90s, they started offering slushboxes  Smiley

You seem to forget how many control units are now being installed in modern cars, you either try to avoid this part or you just have no clue about it Smiley

Does it also apply on today's turn signals Smiley Or do you expect them to integrate a mind reading tech and let it operate on its own while you enjoy cutting lanes / overtaking with both hands on the wheels at full throttle Smiley

I don't recall you ever owned a manual Porsche (best in the business) Smiley but a Ferrari too ? I remember never going near a Ferrari back in the day because of the very unpleasant F1 system, not sure how you managed to live with such a retard jerky box vs manual and never bad-mouthed the F1 system Smiley

nberry:
    I tracked cars for many years and after awhile it becomes boring. Same track doing the same thing, round and round,  burning fuel, tearing up tires and wearing down brakes. For what? So you go around a second or two faster? mail

Hey Nick,

I wonder if you get bored with sex too?  Same woman doing the same thing, in and out, in and out...For what?  We are not going to produce more babies. Smiley

As for track day, I like to go 3-5 times per year.  Like RC, time is a factor, hard to take off from work.

Not that expensive in North America, each track day around US $300 to 400, got 20 minutes sessions x 7 per day.

Hotel around $100 to $200 per night.  Usually don't pick something fancy as only needs a bed for 7 hours and a bathroom.

I like spirited country roads driving as well, but it is never comparable to track days which you can do full on acceleration, hard braking, fast turns, catching and passing each other in high speed.Smiley

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:Not that expensive in North America, each track day around US $300 to 400, got 20 minutes sessions x 7 per day.

We're lucky in Denver - cost is less than $100 for open-track (usually not enough cars to even require run groups - just open pit lane).  Close enough to town, that hotel is unecessary...

If it helps you to focus your fast driving where it's legal, the savings in tickets and insurance is worth it alone Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Grant:
    Targa Tim:Not that expensive in North America, each track day around US $300 to 400, got 20 minutes sessions x 7 per day.

We're lucky in Denver - cost is less than $100 for open-track (usually not enough cars to even require run groups - just open pit lane).  Close enough to town, that hotel is unecessary...

If it helps you to focus your fast driving where it's legal, the savings in tickets and insurance is worth it alone Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

That sounds perfect. Not bad at all. Except for wear and tear on the car.  I sometimes spend hours on my F1 simulator and enjoy shaving hundreds of a second or merely being super consistent.  If it was not for the simulator showing me how difficult it is to concentrate for an entire race without mistakes watching F1 racing would be impossibly boring to watch. 

BiTurbo:
    nberry:

I don't begrudge anyone from immersing themselves in Porsche's past but to find fault with those who don't give a rats ass about the past is just wrong. I get tired of people telling me unless you drive a MT Porsche you're not a driver. I have owned MT Porsche's and Ferrari's. Compared to today's Porsche's and Ferrari's, those cars are a piece of shit. People pay unbelievable sums of money for them only to store them and bring them to car shows. Museum pieces, nothing more.

LOL!

So in other words, Porsche managed to build pos cars for the past 40+ years until mid 90s, they started offering slushboxes  Smiley

You seem to forget how many control units are now being installed in modern cars, you either try to avoid this part or you just have no clue about it Smiley

Does it also apply on today's turn signals Smiley Or do you expect them to integrate a mind reading tech and let it operate on its own while you enjoy cutting lanes / overtaking with both hands on the wheels at full throttle Smiley

I don't recall you ever owned a manual Porsche (best in the business) Smiley but a Ferrari too ? I remember never going near a Ferrari back in the day because of the very unpleasant F1 system, not sure how you managed to live with such a retard jerky box vs manual and never bad-mouthed the F1 system Smiley

I rode with Nick. Turn signal in full use!  I get his point, although my old manual turbo is quite analog it is not really a POS and I’m certain Nick was just exaggerating a bit to make a point. 

Targa Tim:
    nberry:
    I tracked cars for many years and after awhile it becomes boring. Same track doing the same thing, round and round,  burning fuel, tearing up tires and wearing down brakes. For what? So you go around a second or two faster? mail

Hey Nick,

I wonder if you get bored with sex too?  Same woman doing the same thing, in and out, in and out...For what?  We are not going to produce more babies. Smiley

As for track day, I like to go 3-5 times per year.  Like RC, time is a factor, hard to take off from work.

Not that expensive in North America, each track day around US $300 to 400, got 20 minutes sessions x 7 per day.

Hotel around $100 to $200 per night.  Usually don't pick something fancy as only needs a bed for 7 hours and a bathroom.

I like spirited country roads driving as well, but it is never comparable to track days which you can do full on acceleration, hard braking, fast turns, catching and passing each other in high speed.Smiley

It is easier fo me to get bored having sex with the same woman than driving my same old car.  I think we are hardwired to seek strange pussy. Not so much with cars. 

Leawood911:
    Targa Tim:
    nberry:

Hey Nick,

It is easier fo me to get bored having sex with the same woman than driving my same old car.  I think we are hardwired to seek strange pussy. Not so much with cars. 

SmileySmiley

Tim, Mike is right. I was  trying to make a point.

There is a difference between racing and tracking a car. 99% of owners track their cars. Very few race. Going round and round with the hope of improving a time doesn't generate any emotional appeal to me. Its like a golf score. Shooting 85 instead of 90 doesn't mean a damn thing to me. It won't change my life one way another.

The closest track for me is a couple of hours away in heavy traffic (LA area). The fee for the course is not an issue. But spending anywhere between $600-$1000 for one day of track insurance with a $15,000 deductible and a maximum limit is an issue. Factor in the wear and tear on the car and I question whether it is worth it.

Give me an open road with a few twists and turns with beautiful scenery, fresh air (as opposed to a track air), free of helmet in a modern Porsche and I will be in nirvana .Smiley

BTW, sex isn't about in and out. There is a monkey temple in Katmandu which depicts various sexual approaches and read Richard Burtons Kama Sutra which explores all the intricacies of sex. Believe me a lot better than going around in circles.Smiley

--

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.

BTW, my google is broken...  who was Pedro Rodriguez?smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689257 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409060 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255682 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234933 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65489 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857866 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773861 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM