Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Facelift timeline

+30 hp and +15 ft lbs torque. That's what I wanted to hear. You ought to be able to feel that allright.

What's the deal with the new PASM -20mm? Not for the cab? :-(

Can't wait to see Aqua Blue.

So who's going to be brave enough to get the first gen PDK? Not me.

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Also new colors:
    Cream white (maybe similar to Caffe latte?)

I think we already that colour in some of the spy pics a couple of pages before.

Great pdf-file BTW, thanks for posting.

Quote:
    U Boat Commander said:
    +30 hp and +15 ft lbs torque. That's what I wanted to hear. You ought to be able to feel that allright.

What's the deal with the new PASM -20mm? Not for the cab? :-(

Can't wait to see Aqua Blue.

So who's going to be brave enough to get the first gen PDK? Not me.

We're getting PDK for sure, may be not the very first FL units, but probably 3months after lauching date for EU...

Cream white is in my top of the list !!!!! add black coloured rims, and its done !

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Who can answer these questions:

- What is Drive off assist ?
    - What is different with the '' Optimised manual gearbox '' ?
    - What color is Aqua Blue Metallic ? any pics ?

Drive off assist came from the Manual Cayenne. Basically it makes hill starts easier, as it applies the brake on a hill when you push the clutch and brake peddles. Works well , and useful on a Manual Cayenne as you did not have the hand brake... Can't see the point on a 911 ?

Also i like the plays video DVDs part !!! i guess with the TV option you can turn your new 911 into a cinema !!!! But why would you want to do that ?

Anyway great find that doc. I have started to spec mine already !!!!!

Thanks for posting - after 82 pages this thread finally is commencing to make some sense

I received that document from my sales guy at a Dallas dealership. I believe he got it from a German friend. I am skeptical, but the form is clearly a Porsche doc if anyone has ever seen them. It is almost too good to be true. Where will they go next?

Maybe it's better to delete the info about your source. Though no name has been mentioned, someone could try to track the communication string You even may want to consider to change your profile (USA instead of the State) -just in case you want to protect your source

We are now investigating your credentials. Dallas sales guy will be fired today.

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Thanks for leaking that document!

Did anyone notice that: LSD standard on C4 models?
    (optional on C2)
    Sports suspension with LSD now available in the US!

Also new colors:
    Aqua blue metallic
    Cream white (maybe similar to Caffe latte?)
    Nordic gold now a special color.

New PCM with touchscreen, Bluetooth, iPod input, TV, XM radio, black finish (bye bye Vulcan Grey)
    Third-party sat nav in Japan and China

And last but not least, NEW KEY!

I read PASM -20mm + mechanical limited-slip rear differential

Be careful

And thanks a lot

change your profile info, and do not write any of your sources whatsoever !!!, like this you can keep us posted for the future !!!!

Funny. He works for me. No need to be careful when you are. Be thankful you aren't a fish, cause the filet knife would be on your back

Our warnings seem to have come too late ...unless gab is someone who likes to show sarcasm rather than enthusiasm in his first post on Rennteam

Enzo has edited his post (quote) - but there are still some posts above with the original version....

QUAHOG is a nice country

I'm searching for the pdf that you guys are talking about. Was it deleted? If anyone downloaded it, can you email it to me? Thanks.

Re: Some more interesting pictures

Quote:
    Orient Express said:
    Headlight page. Dynamic cornering lights. Notice #24 is called an "additional headlight".

Taillight page

No picture of the PDK, except for this... and no mention of Tiptronic at all.

Great infos!

OMG, is it THE post of the year?

The facelift seems very promising, on a performance as much as on a confort-feature point of view.

I am particularly curious to hear about the C4S equipped with PASM/LSD/PTM.

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    OMG, is it THE post of the year?

I was asking this myself, if its not the best, its probably one of the bests !!!!

thanks again !

Fantastic info Thanks VERY much but, OMG, never ever give away who gave you this info or where he/she is located etc. Or else we may never receive this kind of info next time round

I don't think RC will be happy that such secret info in breach of the embargo has been leaked here

PAG/PCNA are going to b*llock someone bigtime for this

Easy,

your opinion is correct one IF PAG is NOT responsible for this info leak...

Haha, I know what you mean, Kreso - Guerilla marketing has become quite popular these days Maybe PAG's marketing department is more innovative than the R&D department Though I have some doubts... And the press will be pi..d off as they'll sell "old news"

Funny, they produce the FL 997 C2S since 21. of April

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Easy,

your opinion is correct one IF PAG is NOT responsible for this info leak...

You're right KresoF1. It is an assumption on my part that this is not a leak from PAG itself.

But I have to say that it seems very unlikely to me that this is a leak from PAG. Why? Well, I would think PAG would leak a few bits of info as a kind of teaser just to excite people's interest levels. But revealing ALL the facelift info leaves no element of surprise when the launch is announced.

It will be like opening a bottle of Coca Cola and it's completely flat the moment you pour it into the glass!

I would expect this kind of bluff and double bluff from a political party or government information minister, not from a car manufacturer! But hey, times are changing so maybe the marketing dept are indeed playing games like Porsche-Jeck said. But, I still doubt it

Anyway, I'm just really glad we have the info... now we can just sit back and enjoy the launch knowing what to expect... it's like reading the libretto before going to the opera!

Missed the pdf everyone has been talking about. Any chance of reposting or sending to me ?

Quote:
    Greg_P said:
    Missed the pdf everyone has been talking about. Any chance of reposting or sending to me ?

http://www.rennteam.com/download.php?Number=437909

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    Haha, I know what you mean, Kreso - Guerilla marketing has become quite popular these days Maybe PAG's marketing department is more innovative than the R&D department Though I have some doubts... And the press will be pi..d off as they'll sell "old news"

This raises an interesting and general debate about how the "traditional" medias (newspapers, radio, television,etc.) should evolve in face of the new media (internet):
    - do they stick to the embargo to avoid any backfire from PAG in the future, at the risk of being (like here) overtaken in term of information spreading by the net?
    - or do they refer to this embargo breach to justify the publication of the news? Besides, could sticking with the embargo risk to look outdated at the age the technological revolution, which allows a quasi-instantaneous spread of information, being true or false?

Interestingly, I think that if this breach had come from a publication, its competitors would choose to publish it as well...

Yes, it's a kind of dilemma for the traditional media
    And it's even more complicated because if they would use leaked infos from the net they can't know whether the info is authentic or fake

BTW today is the 25th anniversary of the publication of Hitler's diaries I loved the film about this crazy stunt

Quote:
    Porsche-Jeck said:
    BTW today is the 25th anniversary of the publication of Hitler's diaries I loved the film about this crazy stunt

SCHTONK!

Quote:
    The Groom said:
    Did anyone notice that: LSD standard on C4 models?
    (optional on C2)
    Sports suspension with LSD now available in the US!

Yes, but the original sport suspension was without PASM.

Quote:
    Rossi said:

SCHTONK!

Hahaha

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM