Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder (2018)

sfo:

Isn't legroom poor in Huracan/R8 Spyder? there's little space between the back of front seats and rear firewall?

Legroom felt OK to me (I am not very tall, so... Smiley) but now that you mention it, yes...I think there was no space between the back of the front seats and the rear firewall (there is tons of space there for at least two plane trolleys in my R8).

I noticed that with cars like the Huracan, it is always the same for drivers: Either they love it or they hate it. A friend wanted to check out the Huracan after I bothered him so much about my R8 and he actually likes how the car sounds, he doesn't like Audi though but after his first Huracan test-drive, he ordered a 720S Spider. Smiley Smiley It just didn't feel right for him (he has a "bit" of a beer belly Smiley Smiley). The seating position and how the interior "felt", not his thing. I loved it.

There you go, huge differences in perception and personal preferences.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply !

Hmm...should I go for it or not?  indecision

2018-06-07_16-59-07.jpg 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Definitely Yes.

tony2006:

Definitely Yes.

Smiley Tempting, I know but not easy right now (financially). I really want to buy the car (lease is insanely expensive, not worth it, would cost me almost 60k extra over four years) but the money is invested and this is only a weekend toy car, so not sure I will do it. Still...like I said...tempting. Thank god I still have my R8, otherwise I would have ordered it today. Smiley Wife loves it too, she would pay her "share" (seriously, she wants to drive it too) but like I said, not easy now. Hmm...still thinking. 

--

Make it happen. Your best argument in favor is that your wife wants it too. 

Happy wife = Happy life !

P.S. Mine is sooo not into cars laugh

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Gauss:

Money is the issue here, not that I don't want it. Wife wants it only because she thinks she looks good in it. Smiley Smiley

Mine neither but the Huracan Performante Spyder is the first car she actually wants to share 50/50. Smiley I am pretty sure she would barely drive it (I know her...) and the offer is tempting but financially, it doesn't make sense right now. Maybe later...

I could lease it (lease approval is already through) but this would mean to throw almost 56k into the trash over the next four years because I would very likely buy the car after the four years lease anyway. Doesn't make sense, my wife gets that too.

Like I said, tempting (the circumstances like offer and wife approval/sharing cost are great but the financials don't add up, so... Smiley). 

Not sure what to do but I am usually always sticking to my financial plans, always (not a risk guy)...so I think I am going to pass. Unfortunately.

Still...tempting. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    Gauss:

Money is the issue here, not that I don't want it. Wife wants it only because she thinks she looks good in it. Smiley Smiley

Mine neither but the Huracan Performante Spyder is the first car she actually wants to share 50/50. Smiley I am pretty sure she would barely drive it (I know her...) and the offer is tempting but financially, it doesn't make sense right now. Maybe later...

I could lease it (lease approval is already through) but this would mean to throw almost 56k into the trash over the next four years because I would very likely buy the car after the four years lease anyway. Doesn't make sense, my wife gets that too.

Like I said, tempting (the circumstances like offer and wife approval/sharing cost are great but the financials don't add up, so... Smiley). 

Not sure what to do but I am usually always sticking to my financial plans, always (not a risk guy)...so I think I am going to pass. Unfortunately.

Still...tempting. Smiley Smiley

You’ll risk to disappoint your wife indecision

--

2018 White 911 GT3

Go big or go home - you love this V10, then take the proper one smiley

You can praise the Audi as much as you can but Lambo (and I don’t fancy them) is a league above. 

The lease must be expansive but if you can afford it then it is just a one time life experience...

the way you speak about this car is clear.  

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

If money is remotely an issue then don't do it. It's not worth it. Don't be car poor.

Your R8 ticks all the boxes. Trust me there will be new models in the future that will have you salivating. Also, in a year or two, you'll probably pick one up for a lot less money.

--

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.

nberry:

If money is remotely an issue then don't do it. It's not worth it. Don't be car poor.

Your R8 ticks all the boxes. Trust me there will be new models in the future that will have you salivating. Also, in a year or two, you'll probably pick one up for a lot less money.

true Smiley

Agreed. I would also try to buy (not lease) a used one in a couple of years. Not only you will be over the “latest gadget” syndrome that you are famous for but you will save significant money. Line up that purchase with the end of your cheap R8 lease.

Enmanuel:
    nberry:

true Smiley

+1

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Very sensible post Nick kiss

Talking about sensible posts. Where is noone? 

--

Good question, was he banned?

RC:

3... 2... 1.... Smiley

Seriously now, I would first think if its going to really make you happy compared to the R8 or if its just your heart  speaking on a craving and novelty that will go away quick and then onto the next. Because if you go that route, you will never be satisfied after the novelty wears off no matter what you buy and you won't really be happy. Analyze it coldly and pragmatically and if you still reach the conclusion that it is worth it then go for it Smiley

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

SciFrog:

...you will be over the “latest gadget” syndrome that you are famous for

Smiley

--

SciFrog:

I sure hope not.

--

bluelines:
    SciFrog:

I sure hope not.

he is probably taking a break, we are in the exam session period for high school entrance Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:
    bluelines:
    SciFrog:

I sure hope not.

he is probably taking a break, we are in the exam session period for high school entrance Smiley

Smiley

--

nberry:

Exactly my thought. This is why I had a long talk with my wife and we both decided to let it go. For now. Smiley

I know but it doesn't tick my wife's boxes. She would have paid half (lease or money). Smiley

We just postponed it for now...

--

Carlos from Spain:
    RC:

3... 2... 1.... Smiley

Seriously now, I would first think if its going to really make you happy compared to the R8 or if its just your heart  speaking on a craving and novelty that will go away quick and then onto the next. Because if you go that route, you will never be satisfied after the novelty wears off no matter what you buy and you won't really be happy. Analyze it coldly and pragmatically and if you still reach the conclusion that it is worth it then go for it Smiley

Smiley If I had the money, I would do it instantly. Without a second thought. The Performante is for me basically the only step up over my R8.

I really shouldn't complain, I have a wonderful family car/daily driver (E63S) and a fantastic sportscar (R8), so I think I need to cool down and focus on how to make more money. Smiley Smiley

--

What is the lease rate for such car? 3,000€ a month?

what is the price tag? 250k? Could be possibly a financing option if it is a car you plan to keep forever...

but smileyat the rate you change your car...better to wait a bit kiss

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

What is the lease rate for such car? 3,000€ a month?

what is the price tag? 250k? Could be possibly a financing option if it is a car you plan to keep forever...

but smileyat the rate you change your car...better to wait a bit kiss

3700 a month... (48 months, 36 months would be 4000). Car calculated would be 305k EUR.

Lease isn't worth it and buying is out of the question right now.

Case closed. I always loved the Huracan Performante, so this is no new love but my wife loves it too, so new situation. We decided though to wait, I won't take a financial risk for a car, ANY car.

--

Thank you for your detailed driving report, Christian, I enjoyed this very much. kiss

May I ask you some more questions:

1. Did you experience a weight penalty of the Spyder versus the Coupé, which is about 120 kg heavier? I guess your R8 should be lighter as well?
    2. Did you drive the car with the top closed and how was outside visibility and cabin space, especially as there seems to be no space behind the seats? Whoopsy once said that his Huracán Spyder feels more cramped inside than his 918.
    3. Have you driven the Perfomante Coupé and if so how does the Spyder compare to Coupé over all?

Thanks. wink

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

Thank you for your detailed driving report, Christian, I enjoyed this very much. kiss

My pleasure. Smiley

May I ask you some more questions:

Did you experience a weight penalty of the Spyder versus the Coupé, which is about 120 kg heavier? I guess your R8 should be lighter as well?

Not really to be honest (vs Coupe). Compared to my R8 however, it is difficult to tell because the Dynamic Steering in the R8 works "lighter" than in the Huracan. From an agility point of view (drove a lot on country roads), the Spyder felt very very nimble but also very very stiff(!). Not sure if this was related to the seats (Spyder had Magnetic Ride, same as R8) but the ride was definitely not on the comfortable side (had Sport mode on all the time though). I liked it though, it "fits" the car.

Did you drive the car with the top closed and how was outside visibility and cabin space, especially as there seems to be no space behind the seats? Whoopsy once said that his Huracán Spyder feels more cramped inside than his 918.

Most of the time, I drove the car with the top open. When I closed the top, indeed, the interior room felt a bit more cramped but I didn't really have the feeling that it was worse than in my R8 Coupe. I am not that sensitive to this kind of stuff though, I actually like a "cozy" interior. 

Have you driven the Perfomante Coupé and if so how does the Spyder compare to Coupé over all?

Thanks. wink

Yes, I've driven the Coupe twice in the past, once even for a longer period of time. The Spyder is more fun in my opinion, the sound is more direct (and more loud of course with the top open) and I am surprised that the massive rear wing bothered me less on the Spyder than I thought. I was there when my buddy's Spyder was delivered from the factory to the dealer (I think I posted some photos on Rennteam) and I really hated that wing. Driving the car though, seeing how people react and "interacting" with the car for many hours, I realized that Lamborghini did well.

I don't have a clue how effective ALA is on the Spyder but the drive feel was similar to the Coupe, just with the difference that I had the top open and enjoyed the sound much more.

Oh, I also loved those crackle/mechanical noises I heard from the engine while driving, such a "raw" experience. My R8 feels more "damped", it is difficult to explain but compared to my E63S for example, the R8 is like a Caterham compared to a VW Golf. Smiley You get the point.

In my opinion, the Huracan Performante Spyder is the most emotional sportscar currently available on the market, letting aside cars like the Atom or whatever. 

You really need to drive it to make your own conclusion because not everyone likes the Huracan. I am surprised how biased people sometimes are when they hear the name Lamborghini. Also, I still don't understand what people mean by "cramped" when it comes to the Huracan. It is no 911 for sure but it provides a very special super sportscar feel not many other sportscars provide nowadays. Last time I sat in a AMG GT S, I had (almost) the feeling I am sitting in a E63. Smiley

Do not get a Huracan Performante blindly because like I said, the opinions vary strongly.

Btw: The Huracan Performante gets a particulate filter in autumn, power stays the same. I just hope that the sound and performance don't suffer.

An Audi tuner I talked to told me that the Performante is that loud because the exhaust is basically completely "open", whatever this means. He is surprised as well that Lamborghini got a TÜV approval for that, he suspects that it (EU certification) happened in Luxembourg, which apparently is less strict when it comes to noise emissions testing.

--

RC:

An Audi tuner I talked to told me that the Performante is that loud because the exhaust is basically completely "open", whatever this means. He is surprised as well that Lamborghini got a TÜV approval for that, he suspects that it (EU certification) happened in Luxembourg, which apparently is less strict when it comes to noise emissions testing.

each country has its own homologation bud even if we tend to unify all this mess as one territory.Smiley

so Luxembourg will not allow other countries to be louder by their own homologation.

France has a different one as well, best example is me and my buddy shipped cars not so long ago and I had to modify more parts than him to be compliant to homologation in respective countries. he shipped to Germany, and me to France.

Another buddy shipped to switzerland and it was even more easy  Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

sell R8, buy Performante?

sfo:

sell R8, buy Performante?

slowly, he is on his way Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

RC, have you tried the 570 spider?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806281 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449450 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267022 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7171 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887133 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835845 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM