Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Official: New Porsche Carrera T

KMM:

What was the problem with the e-carts? Rain short-circuiting the electricals? indecision

Rain and and e-carts are not the best combination...Smiley

After the race they stopped the whole race weekend - a PR-Deasaster for them including Porsche as a Sponsor.

One of the new carts cought fire and the fire brigade was helpless reminded on the TESLA fires - these things burn for days.

https://www.dekm.de/2018/05/12/abbruch-des-rennwochenendes-in-wackersdorf/

Blueflame

blueflame:

It seems that in Sport+, the turbos get some sort of "preload", because you always see at least 0.1 bar pressure, that is different from the other driving mods.

Blueflame

Thanks blueflame, good to know Smiley Though I guess the 0.1 should read 1.0 in reality ? Smiley Sounds like Sport+ will be the default setting then - can't wait Smiley

--

Daily Driver 991 Carrera T (June 2018), Canyon Carver 981 Spyder, Track Machine 997 GT3

Porsche-Jeck:
    blueflame:

It seems that in Sport+, the turbos get some sort of "preload", because you always see at least 0.1 bar pressure, that is different from the other driving mods.

Blueflame

Thanks blueflame, good to know Smiley Though I guess the 0.1 should read 1.0 in reality ? Smiley Sounds like Sport+ will be the default setting then - can't wait Smiley

Max boost seems to be 0.8 bar and in Sport+ it starts with 0.1 bar.

The only odd thing is, that you can´t have the PSE with backfire in Sport+, just PSE "on" but without backfire Smiley

Blueflame

blueflame:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    blueflame:

Blueflame

The only odd thing is, that you can´t have the PSE with backfire in Sport+, just PSE "on" but without backfire Smiley

Blueflame

Interesting, my (Carrera GTS Cab) max boost pressure is 1.2 bar. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:

Interesting, my (Carrera GTS Cab) max boost pressure is 1.2 bar. 

Could it be the reason, I just reached in the "run in phase" 6.000rpm? Smiley

Blueflame

KMM:

BTW Carlos, my transmission will go to 7th gear even in Sport Mode on backroads, when driving briskly.

Really? hmm.gifI don't remember seeing 7th in Sport mode, always 6th... will try to provoke 7th on Sport and pay attention...

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

blueflame:
    Porsche-Jeck:
    blueflame:

Blueflame

Blueflame

Thanks for clarifying Blueflame - my misunderstanding (I was referring to the max boost only). Actually Porsche says 0.9 bar max boost for Carrera and 1.1 bar for Carrera S - together with smaller turbos (49 mm vs. 51 mm - tiny little things Smiley) plus tweaked DME this makes for the power difference Carrera vs. CarreraS (after all the engine is the same 3.0 L mill) Smiley

--

Daily Driver 991 Carrera T (June 2018), Canyon Carver 981 Spyder, Track Machine 997 GT3

blueflame:

Blueflame

Yes, also it seems that you can't overrule this via the Individual setting (hence it's not really that individual Smiley )

Though I am not unhappy with loosing the backfire in Sport+. While I like the enhanced responsiveness of the engine and sharpened driving dynamics the backfire may be a bit too much for me while using the car as a DD. When driving the GTS Cab and GTS Targa I felt that the "farts" sound a bit more artificial than in the NA 981 Spyder Smiley

Settings.jpg

--

Not a fan of "backfiring" at all...but it depends on the car make and model and how it sounds.

If the "farts" sound as if someone is hitting your undercarriage from beneath, they sound like crap (best example was my  former 991.1 Turbo S).

90% of modern cars have horrible sounding "farts", sorry to say that. They sound artificial (mostly dull and dampened). Only those with a higher pitch "fart" sound are OK but even there, I'm not sure I like these "farts". I prefer a better exhaust sound over any "farting". Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

I don't get why Porsche added these pops on the overrun in Sport mode. They sound so bad mail

Thankfully they are not present in Sport Plus mode, due to the anti-lag features. Which again confirms the pops are truly only there for show... 

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:

I don't get why Porsche added these pops on the overrun in Sport mode. They sound so bad mail

Thankfully they are not present in Sport Plus mode, due to the anti-lag features. Which again confirms the pops are truly only there for show... 

My son (and basically everyone I know at or around his age) seems to love these "pops"/farts, so I guess there is a reason behind it...yes, pure show.

--

7th in Sport mode is "possible" only when you drive like you had all the time in the world available, in other words, a verrrrrry light right foot is required ...Smiley

Miami and Lava in the rain without sunshine ...please ignore the flat tyre of the RS....indecision

Blueflame

2B91D32B-7956-4204-83BE-A4C289236AFD.jpeg

Yesterday I had to drive a friends 991.1 GT3 RS on the Autobahn with high revs - his car has still a oil consumption problem and we try to get a new engine. During the run of total 276 Km it used 0.9 liter of oil...

Way too much - now our OPC deals  again with Porsche for a new engine. They always said, at around 10.000Km it would be ok.

The highspeed-run in the RS was very challenging and it was very relaxing to come back to my T...😂

You really can feel the downforce of the RS on the Autobahn - very stable car. On backroads or in the mountains, I would prefer the weaker T - more fun at slower speeds.

Blueflame

BTW -the Lava car is another RS...Smiley

48C0E2B9-BC80-439A-BEE8-D8A7816495B4.jpeg

blueflame:

On backroads or in the mountains, I would prefer the weaker T - more fun at slower speeds.

Thanks for your impressions blueflame - good to read: exactly what I am looking for with the T Smiley

--

And now some real world data...991 Carrera T with full tank and PCM.

It´s the lightest 991.2 you can buy...

Blueflame

2614B084-C459-4AA4-8BD2-5EC63499FA6A.jpeg
    E769EB48-B754-4F93-8206-59103EF48C7C.jpeg
    E270E135-502E-4871-AF31-9E9F107E9703.jpeg

blueflame:

It´s the lightest 991.2 you can buy...

Blueflame

Do you include GT cars?

GT3 manual is supposed to be 1417kg.

I will put it on a scale as well very soon and see the result.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

blueflame:

Wow, that's excellent Smiley That means a T with 918 style buckets (10 kg minus? ) and sans PCM (5 kg minus?) may come close to 1,400 kg DIN-weight (another 5 kg minus for 90% tank instead of 100 kg) Smiley I wonder how the factory default spec may look like: Porsche claims 1,425 kg DIN weight (which includes 90% tank).

blueflame, can you also look up what your registration docs say about the weight of your car ? Thanks Smiley

And yes, factory numbers for the GT3 are few kg less (also not sure which default spec is used for the GT3 hence we have to wait for real world data also). Anyway it seems Porsche is not cheating with the weight numbers Smiley

--

That's interesting info, thanks for sharing!

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porsche-Jeck:
    blueflame:

Wow, that's excellent Smiley That means a T with 918 style buckets (10 kg minus? ) and sans PCM (5 kg minus?) may come close to 1,400 kg DIN-weight (another 5 kg minus for 90% tank instead of 100 kg) Smiley I wonder how the factory default spec may look like: Porsche claims 1,425 kg DIN weight (which includes 90% tank).

blueflame, can you also look up what your registration docs say about the weight of your car ? Thanks Smiley

And yes, factory numbers for the GT3 are few kg less (also not sure which default spec is used for the GT3 hence we have to wait for real world data also). Anyway it seems Porsche is not cheating with the weight numbers Smiley

--

My spec (Manual, PCCB, no RAS, no rear seats...) should be the lightest possible, when I take the PCM out after our alpine tour in June.

The folding buckets are a little bit lighter than the 918-buckets, according to my infos.Smiley

And I don‘t think, that there is a real life stock GT3 with full tank,, which is lighter than my T. The DIN-weight of the GT3 and RS is also with PCM delete and without cage.

Next step is a drive to the Grossglockner on thursday...to see the first time max rpm in the mountains.

Blueflame

here is the T manual spec data:

Poids à vide (DIN) 1 425 kg

here is the GT3 manual data

Poids à vide (DIN) 1 413 kg  

lightest possible spec for both.

if you spec the GT3 as you spec your T, it will be lighter.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

here is the T manual spec data:

Poids à vide (DIN) 1 425 kg

here is the GT3 manual data

Poids à vide (DIN) 1 413 kg  

lightest possible spec for both.

if you spec the GT3 as you spec your T, it will be lighter.

Correct Smiley - as you said "if you spec"...and I said I don´t think, that there ist one with zero options, PCCB and no cage...Smiley

My friends 991.2 GT3 Clubsport with full leather, Bose, lift, cage and full tank was around 1.495 Kg.

I´m really looking forward to the real world weight-data of your car...btw. a wonderfull car.SmileySmiley

Blueflame

let see how the scale goes, if it is too heavy, I will remove leather and stitching smiley

is your friend has the manual or the pdk?

anything above 1450kg will be a drama for me. angry

I have the cage, the lift and the steel rotors. 33kg extra tolerance is I hope enough...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

let see how the scale goes, if it is too heavy, I will remove leather and stitching smiley

I have the cage, the lift and the steel rotors. 33kg extra tolerance is I hope enough...

He has a manual but heavy on options...and let´s hope the germany fuel is heavier than in the UAE...Smiley

An don´t forget to take out the floor mats - they are not stock...Smiley

An easy weight saving would be the lithium battery of the "Rennlist group buy" but the delivery costs to the EU are out of this world - may be somebody as an alternative lithium battery on offer, which does not affect the warranty of Porsche.

Their own motorsport battery was around 3.000 EUR, but I think they stopped to sell it after 991.1 GT3 and 981 Spyder.

Here is a new old stock:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Porsche-13-2-V-40-AH-528-Wh-LITHIUM-STARTER-AUTOBATTERIE/142677303887?hash=item21383ae24f:g:0l8...

Blueflame

blueflame:

And I don‘t think, that there is a real life stock GT3 with full tank,, which is lighter than my T. The DIN-weight of the GT3 and RS is also with PCM delete and without cage.

Not sure on the bucket seat options (looked it up when I specced the 981 Spyder and I seem to recall that the 918-buckets were somewhat lighter, but can't find the source anymore).

I agree with your logic regarding GT3 real life weight: I'd guess that only the track warriors would opt for PCM delete but then those probably would opt for the Clubsport package adding the cage.

Talking about PCM delete: why would you take it out of your car ? Sounds like a bet in the context of a weight loosing competitionSmiley

Amongst the german 981 Spyder owners there was such kind of competition going on (I didn't participate) and some of them really did strange things as dismounting the hold open levers for the trunk in order to loose some grams Smiley

Have fun at the Großglockner  Smiley

--

the-missile:

Just don't scratch off the wonderful PTS colour (Gulf Blue?) to loose some extra kilos Smiley Beautiful car regardless of what the scales say Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    the-missile:

Just don't scratch off the wonderful PTS colour (Gulf Blue?) to loose some extra kilos Smiley Beautiful car regardless of what the scales say Smiley

color is Meissen blue...Smiley thanks for the comment Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Ahhh, Meissen Blau - very nice traditional colour Smiley

Now you only have to get one of these for celebrating the next podium at a trackday Smiley

Drive in style - celebrate in style Smiley

weinbecher.jpg

--

blueflame:
    the-missile:

He has a manual but heavy on options...and let´s hope the germany fuel is heavier than in the UAE...Smiley

An easy weight saving would be the lithium battery of the "Rennlist group buy" but the delivery costs to the EU are out of this world - may be somebody as an alternative lithium battery on offer, which does not affect the warranty of Porsche.

Their own motorsport battery was around 3.000 EUR, but I think they stopped to sell it after 991.1 GT3 and 981 Spyder.

Here is a new old stock:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Original-Porsche-13-2-V-40-AH-528-Wh-LITHIUM-STARTER-AUTOBATTERIE/142677303887?hash=item21383ae24f:g:0l8...

Blueflame

Mine's a manual with 918-buckets, PCCB and 35kg taken out of the exhaust. I think I stand a fair chance of being the lightest. Cage will add something though. Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E  / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (sold) / 2011 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Performance / 2014 BMW-Alpina D3 biturbo Touring / 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 Clubsport

Porker:
    blueflame:
    the-missile:

Here is a new old stock:

Blueflame

Mine's a manual with 918-buckets, PCCB and 35kg taken out of the exhaust. I think I stand a fair chance of being the lightest. Cage will add something though. Smiley

...and the pizza you'll have... Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688716 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408777 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255555 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234815 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65403 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857649 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773495 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM