Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Decision time!!

Times come to get a new car

I'm looking at a few cars right now. I'm not buying new (even though I'd love to) as I cant wait long for my car. I'm only gonna be living here for about another 1 1/2 - 2 years before I move over to either NY or LA...probably LA.

1) Maserati Gransport...Silver, with black interior.
    The cheapest of the lot ...Will also probably lose most of its value over the next year or two though...
    Even though its a bit dated its still a good drive. Wish it came in manual though...The interior pic is a press one not my own(obviously)...it does look quite nice in person though. Even though its a bit 1980's lol...

2) Maserati Gransport MC Victory...this is basically purely for irs looks. The small changes make a nice difference to the cars sporty appearance. Hopefully it will hold onto its value better than the standard car as its limited. Problem with this baby is the seats (bucket) which makes entry/exit to the rear harder... The front lip is carbon too, so replacements will be pricey ...

3) Maserati GranTurismo
    Woooow what a gorgeous car ... Awesome interior too. Its such a cooool car but its not that fun compared to the other two ...
    I HATE HATE HATE the automatic gearbox too. I'm sure this gearbox can read your mind. When driving fast changing with the paddles, its like it senses when your about to change up a gear and then does it automatically just before you do (before redline)...Result? Instead of going from 2nd to 3d you end up in 4th. ...It happened to me about three times when I had another chance to drive the car. Its extremely irritating. I'm still keeping my mind open about this one so its still an option... This is the car but I'd probably spray it another colour...

I love this colour on the Scud...
    but the closest thing in Maserati's books is Argento Luna, which has less blue.... Still, it shouldnt be too much of a problem as its basically the same company, right ...

4) Not sure if this is even an option but a GranTurismo-S is a nice car too... I LOOVE the sound. I'd get one just for that V8 song...Problem is waiting for one....

Just want you guys opinions, which I do value .

Re: Decision time!!

...btw option 5..."and just"...
    Not that its an option in any case

The GT3 is the one you will lose less money from, especially if you buy one of these already on the market car with a thousand or two kms on it.
    Example? I collegue of mine bought a 996GT3RS in 2004 and now he has sold it for another car.
    Price drop over4 years? 15000eur.
    Pretty impressive on a car like that (maybe on the standard GT3 you lose more but not so much unless you put on the car something like 30K+/year

just get Gt3

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    just get Gt3

just get a gt3, or if you are planning in moving in a short period of time,,,, get a 2nd hand 996 mk2 at a very good price, and then once you decide to move, you wont loose that much when selling it ... Then all you need is the pse, it will sound even louder in the 6 series

Why the maserati GS???

I really like the style of the car, and has a good engine, with that f1 transmission, BUT, STILL !!! I wouldn't buy it, specially if you are going to move in about 2 years......the maserati will depreciate even more vs a 911, they have A LOT of mechanical problems, I've heard and read a lot of issues, ....and probably the most important (in my opinion though), the fuel consumption vs the 911....I'm sure the gransport will suck fuel like a b!tch , V8 and Italian !!!

I think, and from my opinion, I would rather start searching for a good second hand 996, I'm sure there's a lot of owners out there selling them, willing to hear some good offers, but if you do so, install PSE

So I would choose option number 6 : 996mk2

You guys suck...
    I know the GT3 is the logical choice (and most fun) but I really dont wanna support Porsche (asif I will make a difference). I know I'm being foolish but its the way I am...

Alex, I had a MKII GT3 for a while awesome car ...

Reason for the Gransport? Well I always had a soft spot for Maserati's and it is a good sportscar.. I sure had fun in it
    I'm aware though of reliability issues ... Thats one of the reasons I'm kinda thinking about a GranTurismo S...

The reliability of Ferrari made cars (yes maserati is made by F) is a mess and price drop is the second problem.
    The car is very nice and looks good but....

Quote:
    BC911 said:
    You guys suck...
    I know the GT3 is the logical choice (and most fun) but I really dont wanna support Porsche (asif I will make a difference). I know I'm being foolish but its the way I am...

Alex, I had a MKII GT3 for a while awesome car ...

Reason for the Gransport? Well I always had a soft spot for Maserati's and it is a good sportscar.. I sure had fun in it
    I'm aware though of reliability issues ... Thats one of the reasons I'm kinda thinking about a GranTurismo S...

I voted GT3 but I am not the one who put it down as an option - perhaps you should take the logical choice off the list and maybe add Masertai Quatroporte or Ghibli or something that looses a lot of money, is unreliable but looks quite nice

lol

Its not just about looks ...
    I'd say a Gransport is almost as good as a Carrera S for fun

Another one for GT3! If you want to go for looks, why not an Aston? I was at the launch of the DBS tonight, and they look quite nice. But the Veyron in the workshop at the back distracted me and I spent more time in the workshop...

gt3 fo sho

Quote:
    BC911 said:
    You guys suck...

LoL, you asked for it - here's just another sucker (GT3 all the way )
    No, seriously: it depends on what you want - a sporty GT (Maserati) or a pure sportscar with a dual use character (street/track)
    If you don't want to "support" PAG (for whatever reason) get a used 996 GT3 MKII - the original buyer of the new car gave the "support" in terms of $$$

My vote's in for a GT3.

Get a GT3 or an Aston V8 if you want more of a GT.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    Get a GT3 or an Aston V8 if you want more of a GT.

+1

Have you driven the 997 GT3? The difference is night and day compared to the 996! See my breakfast run photo's and video if you're not convinced. Definately that over the Maserati.

Quote:
    silvershadow said:
    The reliability of Ferrari made cars (yes maserati is made by F) is a mess and price drop is the second problem.

Have you owned a Ferrari lately? They are very reliable.

For those recommending the GT3, can you honestly say it is a daily driver car?

Quote:
    nberry said:

It is much more of a daily drive than a Ferrari.
    Maintenance costs are cheaper and 30K km a year won't kill it.

Quote:
    Discover said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

He is buying a Maserati. Big difference.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Discover said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

He is buying a Maserati. Big difference.

Same same..

Get whatever but not an Maserati.

looks like no maserati fans here! hehehe... listen, the GT is old news... the Grandtourismo is "heavy"... the 997 GT3 would be the most fun of all... in fact it is the only porsche i would buy...

what the GT3 is THE daily driver + most fun car out there period. I vote GT3 you won't regret..

After everyone said "take the GT3" -
    i can imagine myself a new thread saying he bought a Maserati

Car, especially this kind of car, is something you buy from passion not logic.

Congrats and have fun with what-ever you get!

Gt3 is a daily driver??? come on guys, it has the hardest clutch in the market, plus its a very harsh drive ,its very low and unconfortable. a 430 is much mire suited to daily use IMO

Hahaha I was going to reply to Nick and say that GT3 is not a daily driver for the soft Ferrari owners. But I won't insult you in the same way Dmitry because unlike most Ferrari owners, you are more than just a Starbucks poser!

Porsche-Jeck: Yeah I realized that lol ...Just want a fun car! I had a MKII btw...dont wanna go back to the same thing.

SciFrog & Moogle: No Vantage! Only Aston I'd be interested in is a DBS. Veeery expensive though. Would be a huge stretch.

Mike: Yeah, but only to cruise in for about 10min . I didnt even get to go over about 6000rpm . Its still an awesome and engaging car even way under its limits. The way I feel about Porsche now I doubt it though.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    silvershadow said:

Have you owned a Ferrari lately? They are very reliable.

Hey nick...
    I was about to say newer Ferrari's/Maseratis are said to be huge improvements over the older cars with regard to reliability...

Disagree on your other thought though... A GT3 can easily be a daily driver car... All sportscars have their compromises when it comes to usability, some more, some less.

...almost 70 votes and not one for a Gransport...wow...
    Are here even any Maserati owners on this board???

Go for a GT3 my friend !!!! fully agree with the poll!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688998 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408922 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255623 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234882 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65461 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857746 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773706 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM