Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Pics from this mornings run

Had a small run with some friends this morning. We had a 997 TT, 997 GT3 and an E92 M3. Rained a bit in the beginning but luckily it lightened up a little later. The new E92 M3 sounds really good! Very high pitched. The GT3 also sounded amazing! I'll upload a few videos a little later as well.

For now here are the photo's.

Re: Pics from this mornings run

M3 looks very nice in that colour.

Love the new M3! The colour combo of the paint and wheels is perfect. Thanks for posting.

Niiiice. Geez... that's a _perfect_ combination of cars!! (no F-car to steal the show (kidding)). I gotta get out more with my friends. WOW!

Lambo exhaust tip is a riot (good). Funny how Lambo and F. can get away with anything yet I criticize the cr*p outta Porsche for the fake quads.

Yes, M3 looks good in that (darkest color). I plan to trade my E46 and get that color in a year or so . My problem remains that the fabulous rear end near the exhaust is not hidden _enough_ by the dark color ("Sparkling Graphite?").

Am I hijacking this thread? Don't mean to.

Cool and nice pics.

awesome pics as always mike! Man if I had that LP and the Turbo I'd be one happy little boy.... hahaha

Amazing.
    How did the Turbo stand with the Lambo ?

My good friend who is a BMW dealer is getting his first batch of M3s next month... he offered me one of the delivery models but I am hesitant since only the manual ones not DCT are available for a few months... wonder if I should wait.

Quote:
    Discover said:
    Amazing.
    How did the Turbo stand with the Lambo ?

You're welcome. The turbo did quite well till around 170kmh and then the Lambo starts pulling away.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    My good friend who is a BMW dealer is getting his first batch of M3s next month... he offered me one of the delivery models but I am hesitant since only the manual ones not DCT are available for a few months... wonder if I should wait.

We started getting our new M3's over since January. So you can get them quite easily here now. I'd rather wait for DCT Moogle, maybe it will be as good as all the hype has been about it

Lovely pics and what cars!!!!

very cool pics Mike, thanks for posting.

lovely pics Mike S.

We JUST got a white M3 at our dealer, will go check it out finally!!!

Cool pics Mike.. Thx for posting!

Thanks guys, here are some videos.

997 GT3 doing flybys at speed
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgRM7ayi0eg

my LP640 accelerating away.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-ND7x1QsAM

Quote:
    Mike S said:

OMG lovely sound from that yellow beast, but there's no substitude for that porsche sound

many thanks for posting

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Had a small run with some friends this morning. We had a 997 TT, 997 GT3 and an E92 M3. Rained a bit in the beginning but luckily it lightened up a little later. The new E92 M3 sounds really good! Very high pitched. The GT3 also sounded amazing! I'll upload a few videos a little later as well.

For now here are the photo's.

Wonderful pics!!!

Thanks for sharing, Kenny

DAMN your lambo sounds horny! You have to make a few more vids for us Mike - please! I have never like yellow - but now, after seeing you lovely motor - wow! By the way, how is the driving position in a RHD? In particular the foot well? Guessing it's a lot narrower than a LHD car.... Here in Japan they only offer RHD because nobody buys the RHD because of the offset pedals...I ordered a Gallardo last year but was told a month after signing the paperwork that a RHD car would take an extra 12 months on the 6 month waiting list AND an extra GBP 15,000 - as expected I cancelled the order.

Quote:
    racerx said:
    Cool and nice pics.

This color is Space Grey. It looks great in person too. Sparkling Graphite has far too much purple in it for me. My Space Grey M3 will be here tomorrow.

Quote:
    Mike S said:

The shifts on the Lambo are absolutely sick, what a machine!

Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:
    DAMN your lambo sounds horny! You have to make a few more vids for us Mike - please! I have never like yellow - but now, after seeing you lovely motor - wow! By the way, how is the driving position in a RHD? In particular the foot well? Guessing it's a lot narrower than a LHD car.... Here in Japan they only offer RHD because nobody buys the RHD because of the offset pedals...I ordered a Gallardo last year but was told a month after signing the paperwork that a RHD car would take an extra 12 months on the 6 month waiting list AND an extra GBP 15,000 - as expected I cancelled the order.

Hi there, I'll make a couple more videos in the near future I don't find the that the offset for the pedals is cramped at all. Maybe in the 6speed version it could possible be? I have the Egear so I only have 2 pedals, for that I find it perfect.

Quote:
    JoeRockhead said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:

The shifts on the Lambo are absolutely sick, what a machine!

Thanks Joe ;

The GT3 does it for me !! great pictures, thank you

Quote:
    Markdsv said:

+1!!!

Mike, lovely pics!!!!, I really like them !!!, who was the photographer???

LP640 sounds so so good, and love that blip sound when changing into gears, amazing

:O very nice cars

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Markdsv said:

+1!!!

Mike, lovely pics!!!!, I really like them !!!, who was the photographer???

LP640 sounds so so good, and love that blip sound when changing into gears, amazing

Hi Alex,

I took the photo's myself I've been practicing a lot lately. Glad it's paying off!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:

Hi there, I'll make a couple more videos in the near future I don't find the that the offset for the pedals is cramped at all. Maybe in the 6speed version it could possible be? I have the Egear so I only have 2 pedals, for that I find it perfect.

Hey Mike,

For some reason I just "assume" everybody buys a six speed

I have driven a lefty 6 speed and even that was narrow, the rhd must be hard to drive comfortably. The egear of course makes it a lot easier.

Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:

Hey Mike,

For some reason I just "assume" everybody buys a six speed

I have driven a lefty 6 speed and even that was narrow, the rhd must be hard to drive comfortably. The egear of course makes it a lot easier.

I choose to have Egear or F1 as its not on every car you get to have this option. You can have 6speed in almost anything else I must look next time I'm in Europe regarding the spacing of the footwell in a LHD car as opposed to a RHD version. Didn't think there would be that big a difference.

Thanks for sharing man!!! Amazing!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763168 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435743 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260718 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257710 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81000 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5323 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872634 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808101 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM