Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 997 GT2 or Scuderia

Quote:
    Lancerlot said:
    Quote:
    alexis said:
    someone know 0-200 kmh times for both cars? I know only 10,5-11 s for the scud ...
    beside the accell times.. the scud is a real jewel compared to the gt2... to much money for a turbo - 4 WD and rear seats!!! imho, of course..

997 GT2 0-200 kph - 11.2.
    BTW there are no rear seats.
    Regards.

Alexis was referring to the GT2 as being a turbo MINUS 4WD and rear seats.

But the GT2 would not be the right car at any price for anyone who thinks it is just a turbo minus 4WD and rear seats.

scuderia without the blink of an eye...

I had the same dilemma deciding between 997 turbo cab and 430 spider. Even tho turbo is more sensible and practical(?), I definitely would have regretted it EVERYTIME I saw a spider. Now I am VERY happy with my decision. If you can afford either one, F is always will give you more to live(drive) for IMO.

Great feedback everybody. Thanks for all your comments. Maybe in the interests of fairness I should now post the same question over on the Porsche Board!!!!!!
    Regards.

There is only one option: take the "men-car" ;-) the S C U D E R I A !!!!!!!!!!

Im a Porsche guy, but I find the GT2 visually to be a let down/disappointment. The GT2 does not make any sense, Im surprised that Porsche still thinks it has a winner in that car when any joe blow can go out and buy a "lesser" car ie the Turbo, save $50K and use that money to mod it beyond the GT2's capabilities.
    You can't do that as easily to a NA car and that's why the Scud and the RS is the more valuable car.
    I would go for the scud as well.
    Further the GT2 sounds horrible.

Hi, i am waiting for a scuderia at the end of the month and for a gt2 at semptember. Both are great cars, depents wat u want. Without driving any of the two cars yet i believe that the gt2 will be easier to drive every day and a good drift car. Scuderia want be easy to drive every day but when u come against a GT2 if know well to drive ferraris the GT2 will have no chance next to the scuderia in corners and turns, only in the straight might be faster.

Saying that a GT2 doesn't stand a chance against the Scud in the turns is quite an assumption.

Quote:
    alexarkentis said:
    Without driving any of the two cars yet i believe that the gt2 will be easier to drive every day and a good drift car. Scuderia want be easy to drive every day but when u come against a GT2 if know well to drive ferraris the GT2 will have no chance next to the scuderia in corners and turns, only in the straight might be faster.

Good drift car Pretty much every review has stated that the scuderia IS an easy car to live with everyday. I woudn't be so sure about it being faster through the turns than the GT2 either. I look forward to hearing your reviews of the two cars and of course pics!

Quote:
    alexarkentis said:
    Hi, i am waiting for a scuderia at the end of the month and for a gt2 at semptember. Both are great cars, depents wat u want. Without driving any of the two cars yet i believe that the gt2 will be easier to drive every day and a good drift car. Scuderia want be easy to drive every day but when u come against a GT2 if know well to drive ferraris the GT2 will have no chance next to the scuderia in corners and turns, only in the straight might be faster.

I think you are wrong. I think the GT2 will offer superior performance in all categories (track, straight line). The Scuderia will offer more thrill for the money. Both are nice. Both could be kept as complementary cars.

Monica Bellucci anytime! I wouldn't even put Claudia Schiffer in the same sentence as her.

Must be nice to be in europe, where are no outrageous waiting lists for Ferraris

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Quote:
    reginos said:
    Monica Bellucci or Claudia Schiffer?

Now that would be a choice many men would love to be making

Definitely Monica Bellucci.....no hesitation, no second thoughts.

Same as going with the Scud.

Bellucci - no doubt at all!

If it will be used often - the GT2.
    If it will be once in awhile weekend car - the Scud.

If you'll do many miles on the Scud maintaining costs and decrease in value (due to high miles) will be harsh.

well ive been in both and honestly even though the porsche might be more driver friendly for an everyday car, the ferrari is a ferrari. u can feel it as you hop out of one car and sit inthe other (which i did) the GT2 is everything you need ina car, but th ferrari just feels like u want it to feel inside a sports car, it makes you feels like theres no limits and that u are 12 again. if u really want to enyoy the car for what it is get the scud !!

Quote:
    Enmanuel said:
    well ive been in both and honestly even though the porsche might be more driver friendly for an everyday car, the ferrari is a ferrari. u can feel it as you hop out of one car and sit inthe other (which i did) the GT2 is everything you need ina car, but th ferrari just feels like u want it to feel inside a sports car, it makes you feels like theres no limits and that u are 12 again. if u really want to enyoy the car for what it is get the scud !!

That's true. A Ferrari simply feels so different

Kill the sound via a silencer and you'll change your mind about the scuderia

I've settled down with the German widowmaker successor and I love it! becasue I am an old fashion guy that loves manual gearbox when it comes to high performance cars

The car was somewhat quiet when I left the showroom, 2nd day it started to unleash a deep growl (2nd gear@2,500rpm) while coming back home , 88km on the odometer for now

Quote:
    BiTurbo said:
    Kill the sound via a silencer and you'll change your mind about the scuderia

I've settled down with the German widowmaker successor and I love it! becasue I am an old fashion guy that loves manual gearbox when it comes to high performance cars

The car was somewhat quiet when I left the showroom, 2nd day it started to unleash a deep growl (2nd [Email]gear@2[/Email],500rpm) while coming back home , 88km on the odometer for now

No need to convince me... I have a GT2 on order as well

Congrats in advance!

I'd include this 911 in the "Top Ten Cars Worth Waiting For"

Quote:
    BiTurbo said:
    Congrats in advance!

I'd include this 911 in the "Top Ten Cars Worth Waiting For"

Congrats to you You have a huge advantage over me: you already own the GT2 Enjoy it

P.S.: If you could post some driving impressions (after you have done some mileage on the car) I would be extremely interested in reading them

Thanks

Two things I've noticed in the GT2:

- While shifting gears at low-rpm the power is there, it feels like it wants to generate even more power and take off, it doesn't cut off like my Supra under 3k rpm, perhaps it has something to do with my upgraded single-plate push type clutch.

- The PCCB brakes are superb compared to most of the cars I've owned upto this date (Evo VIII, Supra, Skyline GT-R, 997 Carrera...) you don't need a good strong right leg to apply the brakes to come to a complete stop , unlike the clutch which felt a little bit stiff but I got used to it in no time

3 shots of the car for now using my Nokia cellphone, I'll try to snap some more pics with my Nikon whenever I'm free (which is impossible?)

Color is Meteor Grey Metallic(Meteorgraumetallic?) and I've decided to go with Adaptive Sport Seats because of the wifey (I can upgrade to bucket seats later on, it's no big deal )

If I had to describe this car I'd use 3 words: Precision, Phenonmenal and Agility.

Quote:
    BiTurbo said:
    Thanks

Two things I've noticed in the GT2:

- While shifting gears at low-rpm the power is there, it feels like it wants to generate even more power and take off, it doesn't cut off like my Supra under 3k rpm, perhaps it has something to do with my upgraded single-plate push type clutch.

- The PCCB brakes are superb compared to most of the cars I've owned upto this date (Evo VIII, Supra, Skyline GT-R, 997 Carrera...) you don't need a good strong right leg to apply the brakes to come to a complete stop , unlike the clutch which felt a little bit stiff but I got used to it in no time

3 shots of the car for now using my Nokia cellphone, I'll try to snap some more pics with my Nikon whenever I'm free (which is impossible?)

Color is Meteor Grey Metallic(Meteorgraumetallic?) and I've decided to go with Adaptive Sport Seats because of the wifey (I can upgrade to bucket seats later on, it's no big deal )

If I had to describe this car I'd use 3 words: Precision, Phenonmenal and Agility.

Congrats BT, you certainly have a good taste in cars!

I see you went with the Adaptive Seats, instead of the buckets. How so?

Quote:
    Crash said:

Thanks Crash

I did mention above why I went with Adaptive Seats instead of the buckets, a partner can be a PITA sometimes

Quote:
    BiTurbo said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

Thanks Crash

I did mention above why I went with Adaptive Seats instead of the buckets, a partner can be a PITA sometimes

Must've missed it . Personally, I would've gone with the adaptives either way, but I think I'm in a minority here .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Must've missed it . Personally, I would've gone with the adaptives either way, but I think I'm in a minority here .

I agree more and more. Just thought about the "seat question" again this afternoon. The adaptive seats are probably the much wiser choice for those using the car for long-distance travels...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

I agree more and more. Just thought about the "seat question" again this afternoon. The adaptive seats are probably the much wiser choice for those using the car for long-distance travels...

Exactly. If the car is a weekend toy, fine, but if one intends to use it frequently, then the ASS are a smart choice and might also be the only choice if you have a large frame.

Nice pics.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762898 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435609 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260638 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257658 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80974 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872512 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807923 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM