Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Gallardo LP550(?) in Geneva

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Guys,
    NO pics till 04th March. Sorry...
    If somebody else post them on some other we site I will post link here.

What I can give you is:

5.2L V10 FSI(yes, DI engine) High Reving
    550ps(hp)
    530Nm
    These numbers could be changed(up!)...
    Acceleration? Scud level...
    Top Speed? 3XXkm/h, very fast...
    Manual and e-gear, both improved...
    New suspension...
    New standard and optional Ceramic brakes...
    In EU around 6% more expensive...

Kreso, will it match the GT2 in performance?

Impossible... with 550hp and AWD

Just be happy if it matches the 430 scud performance...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Guys,

What I can give you is:

550ps(hp)
    530Nm
    New suspension...

You're very likely correct.

So, still thinking of getting a GT2 or have some very recent events changed your mind?

in my oppinion,

3.8sec to 100km/h
    12.0sec to 200km/h. (i expect 12.5sec at most)
    325km/h v-max would be pretty good.(expect 320km/h at most)

04 Gallardo top speed was 309km/h(factory), and +20hp 2006 ones had 315km/h which means a gain 6/kmh. For 30 hp and a new engine, new setups, i expect around +10km/h max speed

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Guys,

What I can give you is:

550ps(hp)
    530Nm
    New suspension...

So, still thinking of getting a GT2 or have some very recent events changed your mind?

Based on what I know to date the GT2 should be exactly what I was looking for from Porsche over the last 2-3 years Still waiting for the test drive and final confirmation of the build slot, though (I asked them for a test drive of a car on regular tires, not winter tires)...

P.S.: I am doing a lot of mileage in my cars. Having more than one helps distributing the kms more evenly...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Guys,

What I can give you is:

550ps(hp)
    530Nm
    New suspension...

Based on what I know to date the GT2 should be exactly what I was looking for from Porsche over the last 2-3 years Still waiting for the test drive and final confirmation of the build slot, though (I asked them for a test drive of a car on regular tires, not winter tires)...

P.S.: I am doing a lot of mileage in my cars. Having more than one helps distributing the kms more evenly...

I'm glad you're finding the GT2 to be everything you've been looking for . I am really interested to know how a car with MPSC will handle its daily-driver duties .

The MPSC tires are only suitable for the months of summer for sure. Fall and winter need winter tires - which do exist for the GT2 and which are - based on OAB's comments - quite OK to drive...

I was just thinking recently - while travelling (fast ) on a cold but dry A3 between Cologne and Frankfurt - that a GT2 would be just perfect to drive in most situations A limousine is a limousine. Sure limousines can be fun to drive. However, a car like a GT2 with its refined handling and enormous power, superior brakes etc... You know

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    The MPSC tires are only suitable for the months of summer for sure. Fall and winter need winter tires - which do exist for the GT2 and which are - based on OAB's comments - quite OK to drive...

I was just thinking recently - while travelling (fast ) on a cold but dry A3 between Cologne and Frankfurt - that a GT2 would be just perfect to drive in most situations A limousine is a limousine. Sure limousines can be fun to drive. However, a car like a GT2 with its refined handling and enormous power, superior brakes etc... You know

Yes, I do . Funny enough, that stretch of the A3 is among my favorite stretches. Just drove through there last month and those corners offer some real fun .

Are you thinking of taking adaptive seats or the race buckets? If using the car as a daily driver, that might be quite an important point.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Yes, I do . Funny enough, that stretch of the A3 is among my favorite stretches. Just drove through there last month and those corners offer some real fun .

Are you thinking of taking adaptive seats or the race buckets? If using the car as a daily driver, that might be quite an important point.

Good question... I hope that the test drive will provide some additional input re. this subject. You point out correctly that seats without any adjustment features might be a bit inconvenient if used in long-distance rides.

Will the front look like Concept S in the attachment?

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Good question... I hope that the test drive will provide some additional input re. this subject. You point out correctly that seats without any adjustment features might be a bit inconvenient if used in long-distance rides.

Definitely. It will hurt comfort so, at least if it were me, I would go for the ASS. You could always swap in the sport buckets later, but there's no going back from the unadjustables.

So ... I just saw the car on 7 high resolution pictures (5 exterior and 2 interior). Pictures are not digital to make the press embargo easier.

I can tell you this: the car is frikkin' awesome!!! :icon_super:

Let me try to 'describe' it for you guys:
    FRONT:
    Lights: mix between LP640 and Gallardo with LED technology like the R8
    Bumper: Think LP640, simply gorgeous!

REAR:
    Lights: Longer and more narrow, size of the R8 but with LED's like the LP640
    Grill below lights: full length of the bumper (more like the Concept S car but not quite)
    Exhaust: think Nissan GTR -> bombastic (4 huge endtips)
    Cool diffusor

Racy rims

Interior:
    Another font is used for the instruments en the switches on the console have a much nicer finish, nothing really special though.

That's it. Worthless without pictures but I did my very best describing it. When you actually see the first pics everything will become very clear

Quote:
    Rami said:
    So ... I just saw the car on 7 high resolution pictures (5 exterior and 2 interior). Pictures are not digital to make the press embargo easier.

FRONT:

REAR:
    Grill below lights: full length of the bumper (more like the Concept S car but not quite)
    Cool diffusor

Racy rims

Interior:
    Another font is used for the instruments en the switches on the console have a much nicer finish, nothing really special though.

That's it. Worthless without pictures but I did my very best describing it. When you actually see the first pics everything will become very clear

I can roughly imagine what the car looks like (at least I think I can ) and I like it .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    I can roughly imagine what the car looks like (at least I think I can ) and I like it .

Fcuk man you will ... you REALLY will!

Quote:
    Rami said:

FRONT:

REAR:
    Cool diffusor

Racy rims

Interior:

So when are you getting yours Rami ? You've got your spider for a long time now like 6 months or so time for a new one.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    Rami said:

FRONT:

REAR:
    Cool diffusor

Racy rims

Interior:

So when are you getting yours Rami ? You've got your spider for a long time now like 6 months or so time for a new one.

While I understand that your comment is meant as a joke ( ) your comment still highlights the key Lambo problem: too many facelifts, upgrades and "limited" editions. No wonder these cars face horrible depreciation figures I don't understand what is going on there...

Also: they are flooding the market with Lambo cars. Want to have a SL? No problem, just pick a color - car will be available in few weeks... At least at my dealer.

Interesting... Since, at my Lambo dealer waiting period for LP550 is for good costumers 6months(read first cars July 2008), for first time Lambo buyers around 10-12months...

Regarding editions(NOT facelift! This is the first facelift for Gallardo) I agree with you. Too many of them...

I probably saw the same pics as Rami and IMHO new Gallardo will polarize opinions. If you like Murci LP640 you will love Gallardo LP550. On the other hand if you like original Gallardo or Audi R8 you may find new LP550 little bit too much...

Another problem is that almost the same engine(5.2L V10 FSI high reving) will go also into the new R8 V10(presentation Paris 2008) with just 30hp less(520hp). That R8 V10 will cost Euro 50K less then Gallardo LP550...

THis car is sounding really good. But the price of the R8 does concern me though. The Audi will be a really good buy...

thanks for the description rami! i have a feeling i will love the lp550! mmm.... you got me thinking there, play with the 430 this summer and order a 550

where you have seen the photo ??

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

LOL ... nono ... I'm not giving up my LP640 Roadster for it

Quote:
    dhayek said:
    thanks for the description rami! i have a feeling i will love the lp550! mmm.... you got me thinking there, play with the 430 this summer and order a 550

NP dhayek!
    I'm sure it will turn you right back to the Dark Side man!

is it this right?

http://quattroruote.it/edicola/marzo08/index.cfm

YES.

looks GOOD!

How about this one?

Looks fantastic

Yes, this is test mule of LP560/4. You can clearly see new brakes...
    Stefan, what is your comment since power is 560hp and car is as fast as 997 GT2? Also, Lambo claims more then 12s faster on the Ring then current Gallardo SL...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Yes, this is test mule of LP560/4. You can clearly see new brakes...
    Stefan, what is your comment since power is 560hp and car is as fast as 997 GT2? Also, Lambo claims more then 12s faster on the Ring then current Gallardo SL...

I think it's a great evolution of a very good car. Though I was never a real fan of the Gallardo, nor of Lamborghini, I have to say this one looks quite tempting.

But you know what I will say next: this new Gallardo will force Ferrari to work even harder on the F430 successor, just as they had to do with the F430 after Lamborghini presented the Gallardo (I'm absolutely sure we would have NEVER seen a F430 with 490hp or a turbo with 480hp if not Lamborghini had set the pace with their 500hp Gallardo). So I'm eagerly awaiting the next midengined Ferrari.

It's completely lifted off the Scud. Especially the lip in the middle.

But, I like a lot.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782186 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442926 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263526 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261972 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86029 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6038 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881713 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819913 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM