Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Tubi vs Cargraphic Loud?

As my 997tt is on her way, I started thinking about mods I'm going to do once i get her. First of all, I want to start with a good exhaust system and need experiences&opinions. I want her to sound same way as stock on idle, but want a really "perfect" sound when I do the full throttle. I have been doing some research for a while, and I finally have 2 choices left, tubi or cargraphic loud. I guess the cargraphic is louder than tubi. I listened only videoclips so far, because I don't have a chance to listen them in person where I live now. Of course better fit and car's health are important facts too.

So, which of them and why?

Thanks in advance

Re: Tubi vs Cargraphic Loud?

I can't help you too much, but have listened to both (inside and outside the car) and have just ordered, but not yet installed the Tubi. I prefer the slightly higher pitch of the Tubi, and if there is any resonance induced by the aftermarket exhaust it should be easier to attenuate withe the Tubi. Both are excellent systems, you can't go wrong with either system.

I think it's a blonde or brunette kind of decision.

Good luck,

Dick

If you want a really good sound get the Tubi, if you want sound and power get the Cargraphic.

Dick, so which one "sounds" like the blonde?

Quote:
    dkreidel said:
    I can't help you too much, but have listened to both (inside and outside the car) and have just ordered, but not yet installed the Tubi. I prefer the slightly higher pitch of the Tubi, and if there is any resonance induced by the aftermarket exhaust it should be easier to attenuate withe the Tubi. Both are excellent systems, you can't go wrong with either system.

I think it's a blonde or brunette kind of decision.

Good luck,

Dick

Quote:
    cannga said:

Hi Can!
    The Tubi of course! The Tubi exhaust won't arrive until Monday, so it will be next week before I get it installed. I put the TT up on a lift today to see how involved the installation looks - I think it should go fairly easy providing I don't shear any studs in the turbos. If so, I'm prepared with a right angle aircraft pneumatic drill and the proper easy-outs - but that kind of problem always adds a few hours, a few beers and a lot of blue language.

I'm going to get a dyno run on Wednesday with the car bone stock, and then do another pull after the Tubi installation to see what the real story is on HP and torque. After the Tubi comes the chip, and another dyno run. I'm hoping for about 550 HP with the exhaust and chip.

Dick

Alex, probably doesn't make much difference anyway, but does Cargraphic quote higher horsepower/torque gain than Tubi? I don't see any numbers quoted on Champion Motorsports site for Tubi. Thanks.

Quote:
    Alex_ said:
    If you want a really good sound get the Tubi, if you want sound and power get the Cargraphic.

Ah, of course, the one with the higher pitch. And wow, didn't know you planned to mod the ecu! We are all sinking deeper and deeper into "this," aren't we?

Sound like you have access to some racing group's shop! Have fun with the exhaust installation. Do you plan to take the bumper off?

Re. dyno, I am sure you've read Ed's recent thread in which issues re. dyno in awd cars were discussed?

Quote:
    dkreidel said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:

Hi Can!
    The Tubi of course! The Tubi exhaust won't arrive until Monday, so it will be next week before I get it installed. I put the TT up on a lift today to see how involved the installation looks - I think it should go fairly easy providing I don't shear any studs in the turbos. If so, I'm prepared with a right angle aircraft pneumatic drill and the proper easy-outs - but that kind of problem always adds a few hours, a few beers and a lot of blue language.

I'm going to get a dyno run on Wednesday with the car bone stock, and then do another pull after the Tubi installation to see what the real story is on HP and torque. After the Tubi comes the chip, and another dyno run. I'm hoping for about 550 HP with the exhaust and chip.

Dick

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Alex, probably doesn't make much difference anyway, but does Cargraphic quote higher horsepower/torque gain than Tubi? I don't see any numbers quoted on Champion Motorsports site for Tubi. Thanks.

Quote:
    Alex_ said:

Been told by Tubi to expect between 8-28bhp gains. Been told by Cargraphic to expect at least 25bhp and 30Nm torque. The CG power jump is much more consistent.

thanks to you all Alex, I guess you have listened both systems in person and you say Tubi sounds little better doesn't it? I'm also going to do ECU soon, so I think sound should be the 1st factor on my decision.

Tubi is higher pitched, Cargraphic lower. Tubi sounds like a race car, CG more Porsche-like.

I haven't heard the CG loud version, only the middle one - which I am supposed to be having fitted this week.

Tubi does sound good though - so either way I think you would be happy. I would say that the CG Loud is probably louder than the Tubi. When I went out in a 997TT with the Tubi it sounded nice but I was expecting more noise - especially in the cabin. Suppose that's a good thing though.

Quote:
    whiteturbolover said:
    thanks to you all Alex, I guess you have listened both systems in person and you say Tubi sounds little better doesn't it? I'm also going to do ECU soon, so I think sound should be the 1st factor on my decision.

If you are going to do ECU also, then I strongly suggest you consider the CG powerkit which is Air-filter + Exhaust + ECU.

Cargraphic (RS-Tuning) powerkit is TUV approved and RS-Tuning is one of THE top dogs in the world of Porsche tuning. Lot of threads here recently about me talking about the powerkit.

Quote:
    cannga said:

Quote:
    Alex_ said:

They both provide the same HP.

btw: just got back from Champion Motorports & Champion Porsche - Awesome! Tubi is defintely the way to go.

My Tubi has arrived, but I need to find a day when I can do the dyno pull; install the Tubi and then get another dyno pull the same day. It may be next week but I'll have some real data - not claims - to share with you. My car is bone stock right now, and the Tubi will be the first performance upgrade.

Dick

dkreidel, looking forward to your report. Hope to see you at C&C again real soon!

My delaer is quoting me 5 hrs to install the Tubi exhust. Does it sound reasonable? Wonder how many hr your dealer charged you guys?

Thanks

I'm going to do it myself as soon as I return from Taipei next week. I'll let you know how long a "TT Exhaust Virgin", but competent wrench takes to complete the install.

I think I can do it in 3 - 3.5 hours

Dick

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    My delaer is quoting me 5 hrs to install the Tubi exhust. Does it sound reasonable? Wonder how many hr your dealer charged you guys?

Thanks

That's how long it took my dealership to do the install. 5 hours. But really, for these kinds of jobs if you're going to do it yourself, why rush it? Take your time and do it right.

I think I can do it in 3 - 3.5 hours

Dick

Dick, You'r the man !!!!Please Post pictures showing the step by step procedure. It probably be a popular thread

I will indeed take good pix and document the installation. This isn't rocket science, it's removing and replacing a bolt-on muffler system. I've ordered a couple of specialized tools (like an O2 socket and flare nut crowfoot) that may make this easier. I'm also inclined to leave the four O2 sensors on the stock exhaust and simply unplug the 4 electrical connectors...and then drop the whole mess down. This should make the O2 sensor R&R much easier than doing it in situ.

Dick

Dick,

I *can't* wait to hear the "elusive" Tubi!!

Quote:
    dkreidel said:
    I will indeed take good pix and document the installation. This isn't rocket science, it's removing and replacing a bolt-on muffler system. I've ordered a couple of specialized tools (like an O2 socket and flare nut crowfoot) that may make this easier. I'm also inclined to leave the four O2 sensors on the stock exhaust and simply unplug the 4 electrical connectors...and then drop the whole mess down. This should make the O2 sensor R&R much easier than doing it in situ.

Dick

I will be doing my exhaust and plenum myself next month. What is special about the 02 socket?

Yes leave the O2 sensors & wires on when you drop it down, then you can use a regular 22mm wrench, no special tool needed. It's a 3-4 hour job maybe slightly longer if you need more exposure ( removing bumper, intercoolers etc.).

Doug - thanks for the confirmation leaving the sensors on the exhaust is the right way to approach the job

Dick

Dick, one more thing. Make sure you secure all the wires in the factory mounting points when you run the wires back up. Enjoy the Tubis!

The CG Kit 1 is just an exhaust and air-filter.

> CG Powerkits <

Although if I was more interested in sound and price over power, I would actually go with a Tubi exhaust and a BMC air filter (Tubi is about Pounds2500 fitted, whereas the CG exhaust is about Pounds3300 here in the UK).

how much hp difference is there with tubi and cg loud exhaust system?

No, not much but look at how much smoother the powerband seems to be.

What I am trying to work out is if in the exhaust graph both lines are using non-Sport mode (620Nm torque standard). Because then in the Powerkit graph which has 620Nm going to 800Nm - whether if I then put it in Sport will it give 860Nm?!! I know the re-map sits on top of the OEM mapping so Sport should still give a +60Nm overboost.

Or do you think they got 620Nm in Sport mode ie. less than it should be? Perhaps these are power measurements taken at the wheel and not on an engine dyno?!

They say the OEM clutch is designed to work with the 800Nm (544bhp) powerkit but surely 860Nm is going to over stress it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782093 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442905 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263519 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261951 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86015 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6033 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881695 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819838 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM