Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

AP911:

Well PAG are the ones producing the cars so they get to sell them for whatever they deem appropriate.

and whoever buys the car from them can do with it what he wants. drive it, burn it down and make a youtube video or sell it. last thing on earth i would do is let someone interfere with what i do with my property. 

pmarkow:
    AP911:

Well PAG are the ones producing the cars so they get to sell them for whatever they deem appropriate.

and whoever buys the car from them can do with it what he wants. drive it, burn it down and make a youtube video or sell it. last thing on earth i would do is let someone interfere with what i do with my property

SmileySmileySmiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Arrived at my local Porsche dealer at the right time this morning (leaking a/c condenser on my Boxster GTS to sort out) - just after I arrived a transporter arrived and delivered these two for lucky customers Smiley Smiley :-

F3C8282D-F3A5-43FA-AB71-DD0D2065BD8F.jpeg
    91E0FAFE-AF4B-4D7E-A9D3-7DD1349F8A53.jpeg

I have a “letter of interest” lodged with them for a 718 GT4 although my confidence is not high that I will actually be offered a slot Smiley
    --

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / VW Golf GTI 5dr DSG Tornado Red

dreamcar:

I have a “letter of interest” lodged with them for a 718 GT4 although my confidence is not high that I will actually be offered a slot Smiley

For the turbo or the NA one? Smiley

I doubt there will ever be a Boxster like your GTS again. It is a keeper IMHO Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Well based on what happened with the guy being stripped off his allocation, Porsche is doing something. If it were his property then Porsche would be stealling from him but an allocation is not a property. He could atleast buy it first before flipping it but there is that risk of loosing money, so why do to others what you don’t want to happen to you heart

I know people have different ethics so you do whatever makes you happy. 

pmarkow:
    Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:
    Carlos from Spain:
    The farmer:

I met a guy here in Sweden on a track day last week. He tried to flip his .2 GT3 RS allocation, but Porsche heard abuot it and annulled his allocation. He was mad, but I just loved it....kisssmiley

Fantastic! LOL  pound.gif

funny though how you guys approve of PAG earning millions and millions on GT cars and disapprove about someone trying to earn some minor sum on selling his car to someone who pays happily over list. interesting idea of capitalism you have....here is my more honest take: i buy what i want for my money and sell what i want to someone who agrees to pay what i want. 

There is nothing funny about it, PAG is the ones who developed the car, built it and sells it, they can sell if for whatever people are wanting to pay for it, no problem with that, there is your capitalism 101. The flipper just a useless parasite that contributes nothing to the process. And the only reason the buyer is paying over list price is because the parasite got in the middle of a car he didnt even want and artificially inflated the price for nothing, and against the makers intent too, he was trying to sell an "allocation", and got owned. Now THAT was funny...

then you should crusade against the zillions of intermediate dealers and wheelers that populate the globe and always buy from source only. what you pay for are connections that intermediaries have and for work they do for procuring the merchandise. same as with flippers of GT cars. btw, have you ever bought an artwork? :::))))) there is a lot of very similar experience but no one deems it unethical.

The flippers did nothing to help the buyer procure the car, he just got in front of the buyer in the dealer's list and pushed the buyer out of the allocation. And then reselling it to that buyer for over list price and without the options he wanted. Another story procuring classic hard to find cars for example that the buyer could not get by simply walking into the dealership and placing an order. That is the difference, the difference between a parasite and someone who is charging for a service, whatever it may be. 

If you bought the car and to your surprise you don't like it and you sell it, and make a profit because they command higher than list price on the second hand market then good for you, nothing wrong with that. If you buy the car, really drive and use it for 6-12months and then sell it to get another car and get more than what you paid for it new, good for you, nothing wrong with that. But if you scheme to get on the list in front of real buyers (like Dave for example) with the purpose of not using it but selling for a profit it to one of those buyers that didnt get it because you did, then that is a flipper. A parasite of the system.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

bluelines:
    dreamcar:

I doubt there will ever be a Boxster like your GTS again. It is a keeper IMHO Smiley

The NA one clearly! Smiley Largely academic as the chances of getting one are remote methinks. To actually get one, or any GT Porsche it seems to matter not who you know or what you know - it’s what you know about who you know. Smiley

My Porsche dealer leant me an almost brand new 718 Boxster S, and it yet again highlights what a special car our GTS is Smiley

--

dreamcar:

Arrived at my local Porsche dealer at the right time this morning (leaking a/c condenser on my Boxster GTS to sort out) - just after I arrived a transporter arrived and delivered these two for lucky customers Smiley Smiley :-

--

Good luck with your LOI, buddy.

Fyi , I turned down 2 flipped GT3's, both had 40k overs on them. AND, the part ex price offered for my Gen1 on these flipped cars was 5k lower than the price I agreed when I was lucky to land a brand new Gen2 allocation. Smiley. OPC's differ greatly.

The group I secured my Gen1 with a few year back didn't want to give me a Gen2 slot, just the offer of the 2 flipped ones. Every time I called them, it was like, ""funny you should call at this time, we have a Gen2 coming back in at 170k"", what a coincidence Smiley. One salesman also told me, ( when trying to sell me a flipped one ) " I can categorically tell you you will not land a allocation, they are finished, no more for the UK ". I thought, jeeps, this dude thinks i am an alien Smiley .. What he didn't realise is the fact that I do have chest hair Smiley Smiley.. So wisdom was on my side Smiley.

Anyway, I had my interest put at my more local OPC that looked after my Gen1 and 6 week after being offered the flipped ones, BINGO, they called me with a Gen2 slot Smiley Smiley. So glad I am with the OPC I am with, so much more relaxed Smiley.

Good luck Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:
    dreamcar:

--

Fyi , I turned down 2 flipped GT3's, both had 40k overs on them. AND, the part ex price offered for my Gen1 on these flipped cars was 5k lower than the price I agreed when I was lucky to land a brand new Gen2 allocation. Smiley. OPC's differ greatly.

The group I secured my Gen1 with a few year back didn't want to give me a Gen2 slot, just the offer of the 2 flipped ones. Every time I called them, it was like, ""funny you should call at this time, we have a Gen2 coming back in at 170k"", what a coincidence Smiley. One salesman also told me, ( when trying to sell me a flipped one ) " I can categorically tell you you will not land a allocation, they are finished, no more for the UK ". I thought, jeeps, this dude thinks i am an alien Smiley .. What he didn't realise is the fact that I do have chest hair Smiley Smiley.. So wisdom was on my side Smiley.

Anyway, I had my interest put at my more local OPC that looked after my Gen1 and 6 week after being offered the flipped ones, BINGO, they called me with a Gen2 slot Smiley Smiley. So glad I am with the OPC I am with, so much more relaxed Smiley.

Good luck Smiley..

Thanks  throt Smiley

I have chest hair but very little head hair, don’t know if that will affect my chances one way or the other....Smiley

We didn’t buy our Boxster from there having had a falling-out with a dealership from the same group some years ago. I do get  our car serviced there for what that is worth and have been asked several times if I would like to part with it. Let’s see what happens, if anything, very happy with our Boxster anyway. Smiley

Talking to the dealer principal there he told me that he does everything he can to prevent “flippers” - any that caught will never get a GT car allocation from them -  or Porsche - again. 
    --

dreamcar:
    bluelines:
    dreamcar:

The NA one clearly! Smiley Largely academic as the chances of getting one are remote methinks. To actually get one, or any GT Porsche it seems to matter not who you know or what you know - it’s what you know about who you know. Smiley

My Porsche dealer leant me an almost brand new 718 Boxster S, and it yet again highlights what a special car our GTS is Smiley

--

SmileySmileySmileyI couldn't have put it better myself.

They are just creating an illusion that these cars are scarce. Even if only 30% of them are flipped or with ADM, there would be many who would panic and pay.

throt:
    dreamcar:

--

Good luck Smiley..

wanna name and shame the dealership so we don't patronize them Smiley

If Porsche just wants to make as much money as possible, why not just make people bid for them? Top 3000 bids get the cars, end of story. That way everyone gets the car for what they're willing to pay.

noone1:

If Porsche just wants to make as much money as possible, why not just make people bid for them? Top 3000 bids get the cars, end of story. That way everyone gets the car for what they're willing to pay.

I have been saying that forever. Dutch auction for batches of 3 months... Done, game over and max profit for Porsche...

SciFrog:
    noone1:

I have been saying that forever. Dutch auction for batches of 3 months... Done, game over and max profit for Porsche...

this won't work as dealers are involved and they must have pricing freedom

or, dealers can be agents of Porsche AG .. but that would mess up franchise and tax arrangements

At the end of the day Porsche does whatever they want not the dealers. 

“Dealers must have pricing freedom”: what do you mean? This is not compatible with Porsche trying to control the flippers... Of course the dealers should NOT have pricing freedom...

Italo:
    throt:
    dreamcar:

--

Good luck Smiley..

wanna name and shame the dealership so we don't patronize them Smiley

No,, I will not allow myself SmileySmiley.

He really dropped the ball though when using ""categorically"". They are just so confident to do as they want. Its the consumers though, they are the ones setting the bar and its business and the end of day / max profits.

I just come up trumps, keeping it cool and waiting Smiley.

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

sfo:
    SciFrog:
    noone1:

this won't work as dealers are involved and they must have pricing freedom

or, dealers can be agents of Porsche AG .. but that would mess up franchise and tax arrangements

Since when have dealers have pricing freedom? Porsche sets the price they sell cars to dealers for.

Well in the US, the dealers would pay invoice and they could sell it for MSRP (recommended pricing), discounted, or over. That's the freedom they have.They would then gain bonuses based on the number of cars they sold, that's one of the reasons you can get discounted prices at the end of the month or end of the year.

throt:
    II just come up trumps, keeping it cool and waiting Smiley.

How’s that working for you with the Gt2RS Smiley  ? Just kidding.

in the EU, and the US, manufacturers cannot set the prices at which dealers sell the product .. otherwise it would be resale price maintenance, and there would no price competition in the channel

hence "Recommended" Retail Price and "Suggested" Retail Price

sfo:

in the EU, and the US, manufacturers cannot set the prices at which dealers sell the product .. otherwise it would be resale price maintenance, and there would no price competition in the channel

Exactly. I guess the other way to do it is the Tesla way, sell directly to the customers. 

Even in the UAE, Tesla is one of only three international companies that operate by selling directly to customers. The other two are Cartier and Apple.

They don't have to set the price, they take customer bids and then leave it up to dealers to decide if they really want to try and sell it for more than their highest customer bids. Being that they already have all their bids, do they really want to pay top dollar and then try to find people to pay even more than top dollar?

Create a portal to let customers see where they stack up to prevent dealers from pulling one over on their customers.

The other possibility is to just pump out a huge volume of cars to destroy flipping potential. Then all customers get a car at a good price.

sfo:

Ferrari and Tesla are two that come to mind that do not fit your assertion.

sfo:

If I get allocated a GT4 I will only pay recommended retail price - not some silly speculative mark up. If that means I don’t get a car then so be it.

--

SciFrog:
    sfo:

Ferrari and Tesla are two that come to mind that do not fit your assertion.

Tesla sells direct. So that's different.

Ferrari still do the dealer model, they don't really have stuff in writing cause that's against the law, but they 'strongly' firmly' 'discourage' dealers from selling at a price higher than MSRP for new cars. All dealers falls inline.

--

Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:
    Carlos from Spain:
    pmarkow:
    Carlos from Spain:
    The farmer:

I met a guy here in Sweden on a track day last week. He tried to flip his .2 GT3 RS allocation, but Porsche heard abuot it and annulled his allocation. He was mad, but I just loved it....kisssmiley

Fantastic! LOL  pound.gif

funny though how you guys approve of PAG earning millions and millions on GT cars and disapprove about someone trying to earn some minor sum on selling his car to someone who pays happily over list. interesting idea of capitalism you have....here is my more honest take: i buy what i want for my money and sell what i want to someone who agrees to pay what i want. 

There is nothing funny about it, PAG is the ones who developed the car, built it and sells it, they can sell if for whatever people are wanting to pay for it, no problem with that, there is your capitalism 101. The flipper just a useless parasite that contributes nothing to the process. And the only reason the buyer is paying over list price is because the parasite got in the middle of a car he didnt even want and artificially inflated the price for nothing, and against the makers intent too, he was trying to sell an "allocation", and got owned. Now THAT was funny...

then you should crusade against the zillions of intermediate dealers and wheelers that populate the globe and always buy from source only. what you pay for are connections that intermediaries have and for work they do for procuring the merchandise. same as with flippers of GT cars. btw, have you ever bought an artwork? :::))))) there is a lot of very similar experience but no one deems it unethical.

The flippers did nothing to help the buyer procure the car, he just got in front of the buyer in the dealer's list and pushed the buyer out of the allocation. And then reselling it to that buyer for over list price and without the options he wanted. Another story procuring classic hard to find cars for example that the buyer could not get by simply walking into the dealership and placing an order. That is the difference, the difference between a parasite and someone who is charging for a service, whatever it may be. 

If you bought the car and to your surprise you don't like it and you sell it, and make a profit because they command higher than list price on the second hand market then good for you, nothing wrong with that. If you buy the car, really drive and use it for 6-12months and then sell it to get another car and get more than what you paid for it new, good for you, nothing wrong with that. But if you scheme to get on the list in front of real buyers (like Dave for example) with the purpose of not using it but selling for a profit it to one of those buyers that didnt get it because you did, then that is a flipper. A parasite of the system.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

+ 1 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

sfo:

That's not entirely correct. While its true that manufacturers cannot tell dealers what they must sell the product for, many major manufacturers tell dealers/vendors they are not allowed to discount their products. If they do, the manufacturer will not sell the dealer the product.Smiley

--

Where the willingness is great, the difficulties cannot be great.

crayphile:
    throt:
    II just come up trumps, keeping it cool and waiting Smiley.

How’s that working for you with the Gt2RS Smiley  ? Just kidding.

I let you know. But am i worthy?, doubt it Smiley..

My manliness may well seal the deal though, I keep you posted..Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Beautiful in this color combo !

26c7922b64224a7cb12c31eafa7f2bb2.jpg

s18_0902_fine.jpg

s18_0914_fine.jpg

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688672 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408745 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255544 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234804 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65401 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857609 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773443 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM