Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Cargraphic Loud Exhuast is ***LOUD***

I think the design is modular and they can change one part. I have their email on this somewhere, I ll try to dig it out.

I would do the medium, it sounds really good.

Quote:
    TT Surgeon said:
    I would do the medium, it sounds really good.

Thanks TT Surgeon

Quote:
    GT said:
    I think the design is modular and they can change one part. I have their email on this somewhere, I ll try to dig it out.

Nice one...

n

edz61 - if your concern is the neighbors, I don't think the CGloud will be too loud for them. It seemed to me the only time that all hell breaks loose is when the rev's go up - way up. I doub't if you'd be toodling' into your cul-de-sac at 4500rpm!

Can and I are still trying to get a listen to the Tubi before we decide what to do: CG, Tubi or AWE. I have a good friend, however, that is still trying to convince me that Miltek is the way to go :>)

Dick

Quote:
    dkreidel said:
    edz61 - if your concern is the neighbors, I don't think the CGloud will be too loud for them. It seemed to me the only time that all hell breaks loose is when the rev's go up - way up. I doub't if you'd be toodling' into your cul-de-sac at 4500rpm!

Can and I are still trying to get a listen to the Tubi before we decide what to do: CG, Tubi or AWE. I have a good friend, however, that is still trying to convince me that Miltek is the way to go :>)

Dick

Milltek is the quietest of them all. It & FS quiet 3. Plus there's been some CEL w/ the Milltek.

The CG, AWE or Tubi would be a better choice imo. The AWE & CG sound deeper & the Tubi sounds more exotic, more race-car-ish. Depends what floats your boat. For me I knew the Tubi was a winner within 3 gear changes. In terms of looks, construction & fitment the Tubi wins hands down that's why it's probably more $.

Ed- I agree w/ the guys if you thought the Tubi was too loud for you then I wouldnt go CG Loud, I'd go mid level. But dkreidel is right,,, you can keep all of them pretty tame by keeping the revs down low.

Quote:
    dkreidel said:

Dick

Thanks Dick. BTW Milltek was my 1st choice at a very attractive price of $3500. I talked to them and they are out of stock for 2 weeks roughly. I love the sound and the H.P. increase. Let me caution you that they have no dealers or distributors in the West Coast if you have any warranty issues you will have to deal with it. It's a British product.

I know a mechanic near John Wayne airport that works on all high end cars, lambos, ferraris and p-cars who can do the installation for you.

I will have to go with CG as that's all stuttgart perf. has in stock and I love the sound

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    dkreidel said:

Dick

Milltek is the quietest of them all. It & FS quiet 3. Plus there's been some CEL w/ the Milltek.

The CG, AWE or Tubi would be a better choice imo. The AWE & CG sound deeper & the Tubi sounds more exotic, more race-car-ish. Depends what floats your boat. For me I knew the Tubi was a winner within 3 gear changes. In terms of looks, construction & fitment the Tubi wins hands down that's why it's probably more $.

Ed- I agree w/ the guys if you thought the Tubi was too loud for you then I wouldnt go CG Loud, I'd go mid level. But dkreidel is right,,, you can keep all of them pretty tame by keeping the revs down low.

Stradale: Thanks bud I think I will go medium

Ed,

Someone at 6speedonline is going to be at the Cars & Coffee thing this weekend (Sat 2/9) with an AWE system. I am trying to hook up so I could listen to his or Bill's ("TurboBill").

If your car is still at Stuggart by Wednesday afternoon, I'll drive by and have a listen. If not, any possibility of bringing your beauty to Cars & Coffee? Pretty PRETTY please?

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Ed,

Someone at 6speedonline is going to be at the Cars & Coffee thing this weekend with an AWE system. I am trying to hook up so I could listen to his or Bill's ("TurboBill").

If your car is still at Stuggart by Wednesday afternoon, I'll drive by and have a listen. If not, any possibility of bringing your beauty there? Pretty PRETTY please?

Can: I will me more than happy too, I just don't know when the car will be ready, it might not be until sat as they have a back log and my car is just sitting there. Nevertheless I will accommodate in any way you wish
    I just talked to Greg and the car should be ready before the end of the week I will let you know and you can decide if you are going to swing by their shop. BTW I will go for the medium. If I do the ECU tuning later because of the RPM changes the car will get louder, specially if I do headers at some point. So I caved in medium it will be

Ed, thanks!! I'll keep in touch.
    Read this thread's last few posts for something kinda funny and some interesting info. (I was quizzing one of the guru's at AWE about the design of his system.)
    http://69.13.120.185/forums/showthread.php?t=116521&page=2
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    First person that allows Cannga to hear their 997TT A.W.E. Tuning exhaust gets a free set of pedal covers. $200 value.

Cannga, this might help motivate someone!
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dick, you might want to tell Overboost there is a prize for letting us hear the AWE! (I don't have his email yet.)

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Ed,

Someone at 6speedonline is going to be at the Cars & Coffee thing this weekend with an AWE system. I am trying to hook up so I could listen to his or Bill's ("TurboBill").

If your car is still at Stuggart by Wednesday afternoon, I'll drive by and have a listen. If not, any possibility of bringing your beauty there? Pretty PRETTY please?

Can: I will me more than happy too, I just don't know when the car will be ready, it might not be until sat as they have a back log and my car is just sitting there. Nevertheless I will accommodate in any way you wish
    I just talked to Greg and the car should be ready before the end of the week I will let you know and you can decide if you are going to swing by their shop. BTW I will go for the medium. If I do the ECU tuning later because of the RPM changes the car will get louder, specially if I do headers at some point. So I caved in medium it will be

Ed,
    Are you still going ahead with a plenum / plenum + exhaust dyno?

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Read this thread's last few posts for something kinda funny and some interesting info. (I was quizzing one of the guru's at AWE about the design of his system.)
    >>>>>>>>>>>
    First person that allows Cannga to hear their 997TT A.W.E. Tuning exhaust gets a free set of pedal covers. $200 value.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That means the 1st person allows Cannga to listen to CG will get $400...

Hey man, I love AWE, Milltek and CG. No offense but Tubi is gr8 on Ferraris but I did not like it on the TT, it sounds like it's mad at you. AWE is well worth the money and so is the Milltek. CG is a bit over priced but oh well I already bought one

I'm not sure how the square mufflers & square straps would be vs round. The Tubi is flat where it needs to be where it meets the bracket other than that area I don't see the benefit of square mufflers other than ease to manufacture. The Tubi comes with round straps like in my pic below which if I had to guess would allow you to tighten it more than a square strap on a square muffler. AFAIK AWE is the only one making square mufflers. But I really, really like AWE's attention to the enthusiast. That offer Mike made is priceless! From what you have said it seems like you might be most happy (low rumple preferance) with the AWE. Hopefully someone will get those pedals so you can hear before buying.

If you look closely you can see the OEM mounting brakets. They only require the muffler to be flat in a certain area. If anything if I had to guess I'd think having mufflers shaped round on the ends like the Tubi would allow more secure straping.

VS.
    Just my opinion but in terms of fitment wouldnt you rather have a fully welded system that one that is clamped together?

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    >>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That means the 1st person allows Cannga to listen to CG will get $400...

Hey man, I love AWE, Milltek and CG. No offense but Tubi is gr8 on Ferraris but I did not like it on the TT, it sounds like it's mad at you. AWE is well worth the money and so is the Milltek. CG is a bit over priced but oh well I already bought one

RE" Tubi
    "it sounds like it's mad at you."

Exactly! To me that's part of the reason I loved the way it sounds, sounds angry! LoL!

Gregg, very good points. Weld obviously is better than clamp and true, Tubi is incredibly well made. However, although in theory Tubi *might* be better as far as design and construction (I wish Mike would visit rennteam), in practice, as far as users are conncerned, there is no difference, so far as I could read. They both last, neither leaks. They both have some horsepower gain. Tubi is lighter but that is not the goal for me. It's the sound that bothers me about stock.

The defining differential therefore, for me at least but probably for all trying to decide, comes down to the sound. Low rumbling of AWE vs. high pitched Tubi.

When I sat at the Long Beach GP, I heard both the high pitched GT3RS and the Corvette's. I had a clear preference for the low frequency rumbling of the Corvette. It sounds so "evil," so powerful. Perhaps my view is distorted by my audiophile background. In audio circles, low freq = power, and a strident sound is a kiss of death. What I need to find out is the Tubi's "angry" sound will become tiring or too harsh to my ears, or I will fall in love with it. And if AWE comes anywhere close to the Corvette's V8 sound.

But I most definitely will keep an open mind. Dick and I are trying very hard to find Tubi in LA. Amazingly enough, no one who posts on these boards have Tubi in Southern Cal.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Gregg, very good points. Weld obviously is better than clamp and true, Tubi is incredibly well made. However, although in theory Tubi *might* be better as far as design and construction (I wish Mike would visit rennteam), in practice, as far as users are conncerned, there is no difference, so far as I could read. They both last, neither leaks. They both have some horsepower gain. Tubi is lighter but that is not the goal for me. It's the sound that bothers me about stock.

The defining differential therefore, for me at least but probably for all trying to decide, comes down to the sound. Low rumbling of AWE vs. high pitched Tubi.

When I sat at the Long Beach GP, I heard both the high pitched GT3RS and the Corvette's. I had a clear preference for the low frequency rumbling of the Corvette. It sounds so "evil," so powerful. Perhaps my view is distorted by my audiophile background. In audio circles, low freq = power, and a strident sound is a kiss of death. What I need to find out is the Tubi's "angry" sound will become tiring or too harsh to my ears, or I will fall in love with it. And if AWE comes anywhere close to the Corvette's V8 sound.

But I most definitely will keep an open mind. Dick and I are trying very hard to find Tubi in LA. Amazingly enough, no one who posts on these boards have Tubi in Southern Cal.

I only adressed the square vs. round because you pointed to it regarding the posts on 6-speed where you asked Mike at AWE about it. I only posted my guesses which wouldnt be as valuable as Mike's comments from experience........... You should really give Alex at Sharkwerks a call. Before purchasing the Tubi I discussed all the exhausts with him including AWE, Tubi, Fabspeed, CG, Milltek etc. before hearing the Tubi. He's installed all of them & doesnt have an allegiance to any one, he sells them all. Spoke about quality, sound etc. I can tell you he feels the Tubi has by far the best fitment of all systems. He also prefers the sound of the Tubi. I don't want to share the negatives he mentioned to me regarding the other systems because I dont think that would be fair. I didnt tell him I would be posting his comments.

I really like the way my F430 sounds & liked the way my Stradale sounded even better, talk about "angry sounding". To my ears there was no better sounding car, maybe a CGT but anyway my point is the CGT, Stradale the Tubi reminds me more of that beautiful complex sound vs the Corvette. And IMO the Turbo sounds more exotic, sounds more GT3, GT3 RSR-ish with the Tubi vs the deeper sound of a V8. It's just my personal preferance but I completely get what you're saying & can appreciate your taste!

From what you decribe as your sound preferance I would venture a guess that you will ultimately pick the AWE & you'll be very happy. Like music everyone has different likes, dislikes. You cant go wrong with CG, AWE....

When I spoke w/ Champion they were able to hook me up with someone who had a Turbo w/ a Tubi so I would call them & see if they can help you with that. If you do ask for Victor, I'm going to visit Champion while I'm in Boca Florida vacationing in 2 weeks so if I can be of any help let me know. Maybe I will be able to get some sound clips when I'm down there.

Gregg,

Dick is calling Champion I think. If I ever have a chance to listen, I'm sure a detailed analysis will be forthcoming. I spent hours listening to the sound of cables , these exhausts are nothing!

All these video clips btw have no reference standard so it's impossible to rate relative loudness. It's about time somebody hook up a couple of tube mikes in figure 8 pattern.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Gregg,

Dick is calling Champion I think. If I ever have a chance to listen, I'm sure a detailed analysis will be forthcoming. I spent hours listening to the sound of cables , these exhausts are nothing!

All these video clips btw have no reference standard so it's impossible to rate relative loudness. It's about time somebody hook up a couple of tube mikes in figure 8 pattern.

Are you a videophile too? Are you familiar w/ HDMI cables? HDMI cables for a blu-ray player for a 1080p TV?

Is the sky blue? I have a JVC DILA front projector and a 50 plasma. While the Dila system uses analog cables that cost the same as our exhaust (I was once very VERY crazy about audio. About your level with cars now. This is a compliment! ) the 1080i plasma system uses run-of-the-mills cheap HDMI cables. They work fine, including ones that I got off ebay that are around 15 feet long.

I helped my brother setting up his 1080p. No particular problem with the cheap cables that we used. Are you having some problem?

This page has some high end HDMI cables. I don't know whether how much "better" they are though and have no direct experience. Audioquest and Kimber Kable are well known high end companies. Mosnter Cable you already know about.
    http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/HDMI-Cable-Digital-Audio-Video-Cables

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Are you a videophile too? Are you familiar w/ HDMI cables? HDMI cables for a blu-ray player for a 1080p TV?

Stradale: No dyno any more, just the exhaust + Plenum

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    VS.
    Just my opinion but in terms of fitment wouldnt you rather have a fully welded system that one that is clamped together?

I agree clamps are no good to me at least, more prone to becoming lose and vibration

Gents: The CG exhaust medium sound will be installed on my car, I made up my mind and I hope I don't regret it. I tend to agree with "GT", under hard acceleration they are all loud and while cruising around I would rather having a quiet system.

You can't go wrong with either system, you'll be happy with the "medium" version. I like the fact that you'd be able to switch it to "loud" mode.

Thanks atomic and just out of curiousity how can you change to the loud mode later?

GT mentioned earlier in this thread that it was possible. You'd have to ask him.

Stradale,

Unless you want to spend big bucks, I would higly recommend these guys for your HDMI 1080P cables:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10243

They are "approved" by the wackos at AVS Forum, and I have personally bought many cables from them.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Gregg,

edz61, good luck on your exhaust choice. I hope all goes well. Are you going to Irvine Cars and Coffee this Saturday?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688601 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408718 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255524 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234792 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65396 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857586 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773395 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM