Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Cargraphic Loud Exhuast is ***LOUD***

Quote:
    AK997TT said:
    edz61, good luck on your exhaust choice. I hope all goes well. Are you going to Irvine Cars and Coffee this Saturday?

AK997TT, thanks pal. If the car is ready most probably I will be there and if not next Sat for sure. I am getting the medium sound CG exhaust, someone has a video on 6 speed on line, a gray 997TT with medium sound and i think it's perfect for me. I am also getting the plenum. Do you have any mods on yours? Hopefully we will meet at Car & Coffee soon. I will keep you posted as far the perf. after the mods are done.

We just installed a Cargraphic export version loud exhaust along with the sport cats, headers, sport filter and changed the ECU with Cargraphic's for a customer...
    I will have the video clips today in my hand and will post the link of youtube...
    All i can say is, i see all 32 teeth of the owner at all times... He did own Porsches b4 and installed osme different brand of exhausts but, this CG is completely different... I have been working on high end cars for quite sometime, Tubi is nice, but cant get compared with CG...There was a post by RC about Cargraphic and their partnerson exhaust system and others... That explains everything very well....

edz81, let me know when you go to C&C. I would like to check out your car when you get the exhaust done. The only mods I have made so far are the Bilstein PSS10's and the IDP plenum. I'm still undecided about the exhaust. The CG is on my short list but I still want to check out a few of the others. The GMG exhaust also has my interest.

Quote:
    AK997TT said:
    edz81, let me know when you go to C&C. I would like to check out your car when you get the exhaust done. The only mods I have made so far are the Bilstein PSS10's and the IDP plenum. I'm still undecided about the exhaust. The CG is on my short list but I still want to check out a few of the others. The GMG exhaust also has my interest.

10-4 I will let you know. I live in South OC you I will be more than happy to show you the car anytime on any weekend.
    BTW the GMG exhaust is very very loud

Who are you calling wacko, Mister?

Quote:
    TurboBill said:
    Stradale,

Unless you want to spend big bucks, I would higly recommend these guys for your HDMI 1080P cables:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10243

They are "approved" by the wackos at AVS Forum, and I have personally bought many cables from them.

Someone with AWE is going to be at this weekend's C&C. I hope your car will be done in time and you could make it there, Ed. That would be wonderful.

My mind is still open to Cargraphic believe it or not.

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    AK997TT said:

10-4 I will let you know. I live in South OC you I will be more than happy to show you the car anytime on any weekend.
    BTW the GMG exhaust is very very loud

And with this post we are back to square one, Cargraphic, AWE, & Tubi. There is a system for everyone.

I've been looking unsuccessfully for RC's "review" of the Cargraphic exhaust. Does anyone have the URL please?

Quote:
    milanodriver said:
    We just installed a Cargraphic export version loud exhaust along with the sport cats, headers, sport filter and changed the ECU with Cargraphic's for a customer...
    I will have the video clips today in my hand and will post the link of youtube...
    All i can say is, i see all 32 teeth of the owner at all times... He did own Porsches b4 and installed osme different brand of exhausts but, this CG is completely different... I have been working on high end cars for quite sometime, Tubi is nice, but cant get compared with CG...There was a post by RC about Cargraphic and their partnerson exhaust system and others... That explains everything very well....

Here is the link http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Number=287132 trust me, i am not saying all these just because i sell them... U r in US and i am in Istanbul, but u ll gonna have a huge smile on your face all the time u drive the car...As i said, i ll have vids in 1-2 days... Big thnx to RC as well... Hope he reads these :-)

Thank you. Some VERY interesting info.

>>>>>
    The 997 Turbo Sport Exhaust by Cargraphic is apparently a product made and developed by the same manufacturer who did and does the Cup exhaust systems of the 996/997. RS-Tuning was also strongly involved in the development, especially since they will release their first power upgrade kit soon.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    The Cargraphic exhaust, as RC says is made by Phoenix a UK based company who are owned by Cargraphic - A prototype of this exhaust was used on a stock 997tt by UK company Tech 9 Motorsport at a recent vmax event where people run their cars along a ~1.4mile runway for fun and cross a timing beam to see how fast they can do.
    The 997tt with exhaust did 189mph !!
    RS Tuning have since tested the system on their engine dyno - what sets RS apart from others is as RC says, the main man is a complete petrol head if you turn up there you will see his head buried inside the back of a 20 year old carrera or designing some new intake system or a new cup car, he is unbelievably thorough, on an engine he recently built for me he had made and tested 3 different camshafts before he was happy with th ecomplete torque curve ! - He works to the early hours in the morning testing components to the limit on his engine dyno - this needs a special mention, it is from the company Borghi & Saveri -this company makes expensive engine braking systems, as used by Ferrari Formula 1 !!!
    >>>>>>>>

Quote:
    milanodriver said:
    Here is the link http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Number=287132 trust me, i am not saying all these just because i sell them... U r in US and i am in Istanbul, but u ll gonna have a huge smile on your face all the time u drive the car...As i said, i ll have vids in 1-2 days... Big thnx to RC as well... Hope he reads these :-)

here is the email I had exchanged with CG re the CG stage 1 that I ordered and how I could potentially upgrade to the medium or loud version.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN CARGRAPHIC PRODUCTS

IF YOU WANT THE EXTRA POWER AND TORQUE BUT THE NEAR TO OE SOUND THE CARP97TET IS THE EXHAUST YOU SHOULD GO WITH THERE IS NO DRONE OR RESONANCE THE RESPONSE IS AT LOW REVS AS STANDARD AND ALREADY INCREASING FROM 2100 RPM ONWARDS (SEE POWER AND TORQUE SHEET ON WEBSITE) THE SYSTEM IS BUILD WITH SEPARATE UNITS ; KATS ARE INTERCHANGEABLE TO THE SILENCER BOXES SO IF THE TET-VERSION IS TOO QUIET YOU CAN CHANGE TO TETR OR EVEN TETS ALL THREE VERSIONS HAVE THE SAME POWER AND TORQUE GAINS

Best Regards

FYI - Parr in the UK have just announced they are having a special offer on their Stage 2 544bhp kit from Cargraphic (RS-Tuning)...

If you order the CG exhaust then you get half price ECU tuning, making the powerkit MUCH cheaper.

If you had the stage 2 and the ECU tuning would that void the warranty here in the UK Alex?

brad

Can,

Ironically, it was RC's review of the CG exhaust that convinced me to go with that system.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Is the sky blue? I have a JVC DILA front projector and a 50 plasma. While the Dila system uses analog cables that cost the same as our exhaust (I was once very VERY crazy about audio. About your level with cars now. This is a compliment! ) the 1080i plasma system uses run-of-the-mills cheap HDMI cables. They work fine, including ones that I got off ebay that are around 15 feet long.

I helped my brother setting up his 1080p. No particular problem with the cheap cables that we used. Are you having some problem?

This page has some high end HDMI cables. I don't know whether how much "better" they are though and have no direct experience. Audioquest and Kimber Kable are well known high end companies. Mosnter Cable you already know about.
    http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/HDMI-Cable-Digital-Audio-Video-Cables

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Are you a videophile too? Are you familiar w/ HDMI cables? HDMI cables for a blu-ray player for a 1080p TV?

No, no problem but when I bought cables for my 1080p (73" Mitsu DLP) I bought 2 Monster M1000 HDTV HDMI Cables (one for blu-ray) & the other for Hi-Def Cable. When I mentioned this to a friend of mine he said I wasted my money because a quality HDMI cable doesnt add anything. He said the HDMI signal is either on or off as long as it's transmitting you cant change the quality of the signal w/ a better cable. I've got a 50" & a 55" in the house too but they're 1080i. This is the cable I bought:
    http://www.monstercable.com/productDisplay.asp?pin=3847

Quote:
    br d said:
    If you had the stage 2 and the ECU tuning would that void the warranty here in the UK Alex?

brad

Well this isn't from Parr but another tuning company:

Quote:

We have never had any warranty issues with our ecu programmes with any of our customer's main dealers. Likewise we have never had any issues with tuned exhaust systems. Porsche specifically released a memo saying they would honour the warranty on Porsche Turbos fitted with aftermarket exhaust systems provided any failure was not a direct result of the exhaust fitment. This was released in 2002 following the number of sports exhaust fitted to the 996 turbo after the standard car was deemed to be too quiet by a large number of owners. The only way a dealer can see if the ecu has been tuned is if the car is returned to Porsche Cars Great Britain - a 'normal' dealerdoes not have the programming software to compare the ecu files. It has never been an issue, and I don't expect it to be in future.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

Ironically, it was RC's review of the CG exhaust that convinced me to go with that system.

BTW, to complete the picture RC did complain about his CG exhaust having some resonance up until 3000 km...

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...true#Post357383

...as did LAT and a few others.

Quote:
    milanodriver said:

That was over 2 yrs ago when the Cargraphic was the only exhaust available. It's a good sounding exhaust but I think Tubi is a better quality system & sounds better. Just my own personal preferance. And the CG Loud is too loud (IMO) for an everyday car & I really like it loud.

i have the Cargraphic loud,and i love it!

yes it sounds loud,but i changed the exhaust becouse the stock one is not loud..so..

GT Purley Porsche review of 2 Cargraphic Turbos:

http://www.parr-uk.co.uk/parr-media/036-GT-0208.pdf

Thanks for all the great info. The shopping is more fun than the acquisition.
    Didn't RC say though that the resonance went away? And AAHT also experiences no resonance? Strange how the results varied.
    I also saw a couple of posts on 6speedonline that owners complained about Tubi having a drone/resonance at something like 2500-3000 rpm or so (PM'ed owner but haven't got an answer) and got some info is this drone is worse with auto transmission.

Quote:
    Alex_ said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

BTW, to complete the picture RC did complain about his CG exhaust having some resonance up until 3000 km...

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Didn't RC say though that the resonance went away? And AAHT also experiences no resonance? Strange how the results varied.
    I also saw a couple of posts on 6speedonline that owners complained about Tubi having a drone/resonance at something like 2500-3000 rpm or so (PM'ed owner but haven't got an answer) and got some info is this drone is worse with auto transmission.

Quote:
    Alex_ said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

Can, RC does not have the loud version but the medium I think, that could explain the difference in droning and resonnance, it is a different exhaust. Mine was installed by the CG dealer and did not have any drone from day one.
    Also I think it was Atomic who had some resonnance issues which were due to incorrect installation and that was fixed easily if I remember correctly, right Jason?

Quote:
    AAHTT said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:

Quote:
    Alex_ said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

Can, RC does not have the loud version but the medium I think, that could explain the difference in droning and resonnance, it is a different exhaust. Mine was installed by the CG dealer and did not have any drone from day one.
    Also I think it was Atomic who had some resonnance issues which were due to incorrect installation and that was fixed easily if I remember correctly, right Jason?

Yup, he has the TUV version or quiet version.

Good or bad I just talked to the shop, they are out of the CG medium sound exhaust. They order 10 sports "loud" vs. 1 medium sound, every time they place an order, that means more people want the loud one. So I don't want to wait and told them to go ahead an install the LOUD version. I guess everything happens for a reason May god help my neighbors out

Quote:
    AAHTT said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:

Quote:
    Alex_ said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

That's correct. I did have slight resonance because my mufflers were not aligned perfectly straight but once they did fix that, I had no more resonance issues throughout the rev range.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:
    Is the sky blue? I have a JVC DILA front projector and a 50 plasma. While the Dila system uses analog cables that cost the same as our exhaust (I was once very VERY crazy about audio. About your level with cars now. This is a compliment! ) the 1080i plasma system uses run-of-the-mills cheap HDMI cables. They work fine, including ones that I got off ebay that are around 15 feet long.

I helped my brother setting up his 1080p. No particular problem with the cheap cables that we used. Are you having some problem?

This page has some high end HDMI cables. I don't know whether how much "better" they are though and have no direct experience. Audioquest and Kimber Kable are well known high end companies. Mosnter Cable you already know about.
    http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/HDMI-Cable-Digital-Audio-Video-Cables

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Are you a videophile too? Are you familiar w/ HDMI cables? HDMI cables for a blu-ray player for a 1080p TV?

No, no problem but when I bought cables for my 1080p (73" Mitsu DLP) I bought 2 Monster M1000 HDTV HDMI Cables (one for blu-ray) & the other for Hi-Def Cable. When I mentioned this to a friend of mine he said I wasted my money because a quality HDMI cable doesnt add anything. He said the HDMI signal is either on or off as long as it's transmitting you cant change the quality of the signal w/ a better cable. I've got a 50" & a 55" in the house too but they're 1080i. This is the cable I bought:
    http://www.monstercable.com/productDisplay.asp?pin=3847

Same in here and i am COMPLETELY happy as my customer is... The installation was real easy no problem at all... Believe me who ever goes Cargraphic route will even go to a supermarket 100 meters close...

Quote:
    AAHTT said:
    Quote:
    cannga said:

Quote:
    Alex_ said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Can,

Tubi is a nice exhaust, but there are way better systems out there... I know this is a 997 TT forum but have u listened F 360 Modena passing by on track with Kreissieg, search for it... Then, F430 stock exhaust is good, can't get any louder but CAN get better, look for UK company Larini Systems... U ll see the difference day and night...As RC mentioned and again thnx to him, Cargraphic for 997 TT is the way to go... Installing headers, sport cats, exhaust, sport air filter and an ECU gets you to 544PS, thats somewhat the other brands get you to as well... But look what torque you get 800Nm... To get EVEN CLOSE to this torque, all other systems work on turbo upgrading...

"Tubi is a nice exhaust, but there are way better systems out there..."

Way better at what??? Making a particular sound that YOU like better or is there a real difference? If there is a real difference let us know specifically what those differences are. If you make these kind of statements with no support, no one will take you seriously.

My CG still has resonance at 2.5k rpm sadly and this is my only complain.. Jason any chance you could send me a picture of how yours is installed so that I can show it to my mechanic please..?

Quote:
    GT said:
    My CG still has resonance at 2.5k rpm sadly and this is my only complain.. Jason any chance you could send me a picture of how yours is installed so that I can show it to my mechanic please..?

Sure, here you go...

Previously it was slightly crooked like this:

Written by RC and i am depending on this statement as well as the smile/happiness of people worked, with mentioned brands ... This is a fact for me I take this as a support for my words... I have nothing against Tubi or any other brand... "I still stand to my words. The Cargraphic exhaust has been developped for the 9979 Turbo together with RS-Tuning, the manufacturer of the exhaust is the same company which manufactures the limited production exhaust systems for the Cup cars. So in my opinion, judging by the 996 Turbo version of their exhaust, this is the best aftermarket exhaust you can get for the 997 Turbo. They even make a 21 HP power and 20 Nm torque gain claim but I would be careful with these claims since the increase may occur only at a certain rev range. I would be happy if their exhaust doesn't actually reduce power, something which sometimes happens with lots of aftermarket systems for turbo charged cars due to the changed backpressure.
    "
    Guess RC clearly explains it very well at this link...http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Number=287132
    For 360 Kreissieg, even Tubi owners with that car say, wowwww, again.... Better in terms of experience around me...
    Here is the link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAELrHXUeY

And below is what a friend of mine in US who used about 6 different systems in his F360 quotes.... "As for the 360 system, it's (Larini Stystems) richer & beefier then the Tubi....but unlike the Tubi it opens-up and sounds great with an escalating pitch/tone as the rpm's soar. It does peak with an F1-shrill, BUT it's not overly loud and obnoxious as the XXXX.(Another brand, dont wanna get into another argument :-) There's a reason I chose it, I feel it's the best of all worlds."
    Thas all i want to share about this issue... Have nothing more to say...Once more, all written depending on customer /user experience... Thats is the most important support for me...Thnx again....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753096 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430712 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258591 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255456 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79503 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868311 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801863 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM