Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Cargraphic Loud Exhuast is ***LOUD***

Irvine Cars and Coffee is probably the most awesome assembly of high end cars that you will find anywhere in one place. The meet occurs every Saturday morning from 0630 til about 0830. You are likely to see anything that has ever been made. F cars, Lambos, Porsche, vintage race cars, muscle cars, etc. There are probably 200-500 cars there every Saturday morning. It is amazing what you might see and find there. I have seen cars there that people only talk about. I highly recommend it.

It used to be at Crystal Cove but they had to move it. http://carsandcoffee.info/forum/index.php

Thanks guys, I will check it out

Quote:
    AK997TT said:
    It used to be at Crystal Cove but they had to move it. http://carsandcoffee.info/forum/index.php

Pretty cool site, I had no idea. Thanks for the posting.

Quote:
    dkreidel said:
    I would guess the sound pressure level in my TT with windows open was 100-105dbA as Anthony went by at full boil. Frighteningly loud, even when I knew he was coming along side me.

FYI Tubi is supposed to be around 96dB.

You do know the cargraphic exhaust come in 3 loudness variants?! Most guys over here go for the middle one. It's meant to sound great from all reports. I am still waiting for my local CG garage to get a 997TT in for me to listen to though.

Edz, thanks! But what makes you think I'm under 30? I'm 33...I think there are a few other owners out there that are under 30.

Are you guys more concerned about how loud these exhaust systems are from the outside or the interior or perhaps both?

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Edz, thanks! But what makes you think I'm under 30? I'm 33...I think there are a few other owners out there that are under 30.

32 is the youngest I know of (me)

Quote:
    Alex_ said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:

32 is the youngest I know of (me)

Give me a year and I'll beat all of you .

Atomic80 I just watched your video, your cargraphic exhaust system is just beautiful ! the sound is so deep, I love it !

Atomic, you are very young but you even look younger. I love the sound of your car but I have not decided between medium and loud and I need to decide my tomorrow a.m. as the surgery on my car will begin.

EDZ61 - I didn't mean to head you in a different direction, but I was really shocked by the sound of Anthony's car yesterday. He did allow that he went by me at 7,300RPM, but I was doing about 85MPH with the windows down and sunroof open so the ambient noise level in my car wasn't exactly low. I think you'd be happy with the sound levels inside the car, especially below 4,000 RPM. My only caution is the the CG is really loud to the rest of the world when the car is wound up. I like loud exhausts: many of my Triumph bikes have open exhausts, and my airplanes have short, straight exhaust systems w/o mufflers.

I'd hate to have you get the medium and then find there isn't enough glorious noise for you! By the way, I'm 57 years old and that may have some bearing on my preferences

Dick

Quote:
    dkreidel said:
    EDZ61 - I didn't mean to head you in a different direction, but I was really shocked by the sound of Anthony's car yesterday. He did allow that he went by me at 7,300RPM, but I was doing about 85MPH with the windows down and sunroof open so the ambient noise level in my car wasn't exactly low. I think you'd be happy with the sound levels inside the car, especially below 4,000 RPM. My only caution is the the CG is really loud to the rest of the world when the car is wound up. I like loud exhausts: many of my Triumph bikes have open exhausts, and my airplanes have short, straight exhaust systems w/o mufflers.

I'd hate to have you get the medium and then find there isn't enough glorious noise for you! By the way, I'm 57 years old and that may have some bearing on my preferences

Dick

Thanks my friend, I appreciate your opinion and respect it as well. I guess if I am driving like a bad a$$ out of hell I should be somewhere safe and away from the general public, at least that is the idea But like you I am afraid of getting a medium sound and be unhappy. The TT is a weekend/occasional driver for me so it should be okay. Additionally if the sound is awsome it's okay if it's loud under full throttle. The TT is so quiet no one even notices the car but with CG loud exhuast you get the kind of attention that the Ferrari's and Lambo's sound get

As for your age, you are just beginning to live my friend. BTW between you and me men don't age women do

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    As for your age, you are just beginning to live my friend. BTW between you and me men don't age women do

Like a certain comedian said: "Men age like fine wine. Women age like milk."

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

Like a certain comedian said: "Men age like fine wine. Women age like milk."

Amen to that and that's why we have to drink fresh milk only :!

Ed, between the cost of mods conversation and the fresh milk comment, you better pray your wife never reads this board

Quote:
    TurboBill said:
    Ed, between the cost of mods conversation and the fresh milk comment, you better pray your wife never reads this board

Bill, thanks bud I pray every day and so far God has been on my side I will be tossed if my wife finds out about either one BTW, was that your car pic on the Coffee and Cars forum from yesterday get together? What kind of wheels do you have?

Ed, no, i did not attend. It's about 1.5 hours from my house, but I would like to go eventually.

My wheels are PES/Champion GP7's.

I've heard the cg loud/tuv sound/tubi and all three variations of the fabspeed. The cg loud is by far the loudest, by a wide margin. The tuv sound version sounds very good as does the tubi. The latest variant of the fs quiet sounds fine to me, the regular generation 3 is pretty loud, almost as much as cg. If noise is a potantial concern at all , I wouldn't buy any system with loud in the name.

I have cargraphic stage 1 quiet (I think I have the only one they ve ever made..). I am happy overall with the exhaust and it made a very noticeable difference when I switched (+ 50hp with exhaust+ ICs on the dyno). But consider this; I took the car on the track at bedford and they stopped me after 4-5 laps because my car under throttle was setting off every noise sensor on the track. Overall I would say that on the inside the noise level is acceptable, only problem is some resonance at 2.5k rpms. On the outside though, all hell breaks loose when I floor it.
    I don't see why anybody would get a louder version than that. I ve also heard the cg version 2 and it was too loud for my taste. If anything I might try later on switch to a more quiet exhaust. I am planning to try to listen to the sportec exhaust with the electronic flaps.

Hi all, I have the 'medium' here in the UK. Franky if I did it all again I would go fo the loud.

Here is a youtube clip of me on a airfied curcit.

Video

From the external footage of my car from you get a good feel of the sound when the car is under load as it goes up the straight.

Hope it helps

Nick

Quote:
    TurboBill said:
    Ed, no, i did not attend. It's about 1.5 hours from my house, but I would like to go eventually.

My wheels are PES/Champion GP7's.

Nice wheels, they are lighter than the OEM's?

I have 30 min to change my mind, before the shop opens up and proceed with installation of the loud CG exhaust

Get medium! (If not quiet). If you want more noise in the future (I really doubt it) you can change the relevant part to make it louder (according to cargraphic). Fyi the quiet version I have was recorded at 100db+ at bedford from 50-100 yards distance.

Quote:
    GT said:
    Get medium! (If not quiet). If you want more noise in the future (I really doubt it) you can change the relevant part to make it louder (according to cargraphic). Fyi the quiet version I have was recorded at 100db+ at bedford from 50-100 yards distance.

Thanks GT, I think I will go for the medium, the loud scares me and perhaps my neighbors too

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    I have 30 min to change my mind, before the shop opens up and proceed with installation of the loud CG exhaust

ed, before you do this ask greg at rss how many louds he has sold since late 2006 compared to the 2 other versions and how many customers did not like them or asked to switch to quieter exhausts. When I got mine he was selling many more louds than quiet/medium but now you would have a better idea.
    The price is the same so he wouldn't care which one you bought. Let us know and good luck.

Quote:
    AAHTT said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

ed, before you do this ask greg at rss how many louds he has sold since late 2006 compared to the 2 other versions and how many customers did not like them or asked to switch to quieter exhausts. When I got mine he was selling many more louds than quiet/medium but now you would have a better idea.
    The price is the same so he wouldn't care which one you bought. Let us know and good luck.

Thanks Anthony, I just talked to the shop, they will do either one as they have them both in stock. Nevertheless they still think I should go for loud. Since they have a back log they will not start working on my car until tomorrow. For the time being LOUD is scheduled to be installed tomorrow unless someone convinces me otherwise by the end of the day today. Again this is not a daily driver but I am trying to be cordial to my neighbors too as I live on a quiet cul-de-sac and I have to be concern about cold starts. So I will open the garage door partially and then start the car and then pull out gently and drive away slowly

Quote:
    edz61 said:
    Quote:
    AAHTT said:
    Quote:
    edz61 said:

Thanks Anthony, I just talked to the shop, they will do either one as they have them both in stock. Nevertheless they still think I should go for loud. Since they have a back log they will not start working on my car until tomorrow. For the time being LOUD is scheduled to be installed tomorrow unless someone convinces me otherwise by the end of the day today. Again this is not a daily driver but I am trying to be cordial to my neighbors too as I live on a quiet cul-de-sac and I have to be concern about cold starts. So I will open the garage door partially and then start the car and then pull out gently and drive away slowly

you have pm

As I mention, imo get medium then you can always make it louder in the future (relatively easy). However consider that the main difference will be while you are cruising since at WOT they will all be very very loud from the outside. Personally I think its pointless to have excess noise when driving slowly.

Thanks GT, certianly appreciate your input.

Quote:
    GT said:
    As I mention, imo get medium then you can always make it louder in the future (relatively easy). However consider that the main difference will be while you are cruising since at WOT they will all be very very loud from the outside. Personally I think its pointless to have excess noise when driving slowly.

Hi, how can they be made louder?

cheers

nick

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691065 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410186 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256236 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235422 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65750 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4746 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858827 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775134 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM