Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 911 GT2 RS (2017)

Mcracing1:

What are the huge dereciation on the 720s or the 675lt dont see any cheap of them.

675LT has held up very well. Too early for the 720S but it will certainly depreciate significantly more than a GT Porsche or equivalent  Ferrari.

nberry:
    SciFrog:

It is pretty clear that for the road with occasional track visit the 720S is the car to have. It also looks and better and more importantly YOU CAN ACTUALLY BUY ONE if you want. If I cared for these kind of cars, I would totally get the 720S and forget the rest (Porsche, Ferrari which you cannot buy either, Lambo...). It was also mentioned that the 720S was tuned to be more fun on the street with smaller tires. Kudos to McLaren. It even looks way better than the GT3 cars with the wings... Can;t wait to see a 720S Roadster or what a 720LT could do on the track.

If your willing to ignore huge depreciation, lack of service delearships and over the top joker face styling. Otherwise I agree. kiss

Residuals on the 720S have been good thus far. Any normal model $350-400K car is going to depreciate massively as t -> infinity. Those $600K Avenatdor SVs will be $200-300K underwater in 5 years. Such is how depreciation works as you go higher in price. A Chiron will be probably $500-700K under MSRP within a few years.

570S and 675LT has had pretty normal residuals as well so long as you didn't spec them with $100K of worthless CF. The 570S is 2 years old now and you can get a nice one for $150-160K. That's about $50-60K in depreciation based on a nice spec. That's pretty normal for 2 years.

Whoopsy:

GT2RS ran the ring time bone stock other than cranking up the rear wing to maximum downforce. The tires are also production Michelins, but handpicked the 4 best tires from the batch. No other adjustments, not even suspension settings.

Concerning the tyre, it was the special cup 2 R used on the nordschleife record time, as well in Hockenheim.

Sportauto and Autobild sportcars comfirmed that in there article that the record lap was done on the cup2 R.

I think the tyre is not yet to buy for public

Mcracing1:
    Whoopsy:

GT2RS ran the ring time bone stock other than cranking up the rear wing to maximum downforce. The tires are also production Michelins, but handpicked the 4 best tires from the batch. No other adjustments, not even suspension settings.

Concerning the tyre, it was the special cup 2 R used on the nordschleife record time, as well in Hockenheim.

Sportauto and Autobild sportcars comfirmed that in there article that the record lap was done on the cup2 R.

That's incorrect as I have stated before. 

The Ring record is done on normal retail Cup2 N2. But they hand picked the best 4 tires out of the batch. With the rear wing cranked to maximum downforce as allowed with the shipping wing mount.

I believe I have better source than either magazines, which only base their information on speculation. Mine came from Porsche and Michelin direct. 

--

720S is an amazing machine, one gets better than P1 performance in a car that cost 1/4 of the price.

In my mind even better than the GT2RS when compared with the 918. 

--

One last thing, Mcracing1, suspiciously, seems like you are like one of those McLaren employees that likes to do social engineering on forums, like that Mycroft/Lieven guy. Are you him?

You have 8 posts, all of them about McLaren and pro-McLaren. you are new here and you talked about nothing else but blowing McLaren's horn. 

Called me a skeptic. until proven otherwise.

--

Completly wrong having a 675lt and a 720s but also incoming gt2 rs so all fin

but really impressed by the mc so far and tracking them often

I for my part believe what is written in Sportauto and Sportcars regarding the tyre, there sources cant be that bad.

But are you willing to bet on it? smiley

Say if the magazines sources are wrong you buy me an extra GT2RS? If My sources are wrong then I buy you one? wink Or, if you prefer, just a gentleman's bet on a forum?

Before you answer, full disclosure, I personally know of oh 8 people that was part of the team at the Ring that day they ran the laps. 

I cannot say anything about it until a few days ago when I get the go ahead.indecision

As for tracking a McLaren, I have my own track, I see cars on track all the time, think I know how they perform over a day. We can leave it at that. cool

BUT, at this point in my life, I do miss my old McLaren, it was the original new platform car, it has its charms, and my wife love the sound it makes the best, even over anything in the garage right now. But I also misses my Speciale, and my old CLS55. I don't normally miss a car I have sold, those are few and far between, over 60+ cars.

I was one of the first to buy a McLaren, and I believe the 720S is a GREAT GREAT car, but for my purpose it is too fast and powerful for the street and not good enough for the track. BTW, if you read enough in here, you would know I don't just blindly worship Porsche, far from it, I trash them whenever they do wrong too. As one of the few selected VIP for them, I don't need to kiss their asses, they knew it too hence they are quite frank with me at times, but I do have a leash but it's is quite long for me to play with.

As you can see, this forum is quite liberal and free, members only at times have problems with blind Tesla worshipers and McLaren fanboys, but even then, we still acknowledge either company's accomplishments. But we just don't blindly drink their koolaids that's all.

--

Wow isnt that going not a bit far betting an Gt2 Rs...

I dont have my own racetrack so i have less than you, is this going to be a dxxx messurmemt contest..

nice for you having those sources and sportauto and the german press is publishing nonsense

What means normal tyres, is the cup2 R not an normal tyre is still a street tyre... 

anyway the support i got from mclaren and from my dealer on tracking my cars (events, transport, support etc) is far better than i expierienced  with porsche and not to mention with ferrari. I guess i am probably now were with my buying historie at my porsche dealers, but so i am nowere with the mcs, no hyper car, just 2 mclarens, but treated very well and fair. I think that made my a strong believer in that brand.

No, Mclaren provide great support, I see that when they do a track day, the dealer pull out all the stops. And I can see the customer service the dealer provides to customers, top notch for sure. The problem is not with the dealers, but the product and the factory at times.

Normal tires as in the normal shipping Cup2 N2s, not the stickier AMG/Corvette compound which I believe they used at Hockenehim. They are experimenting.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O44rq83VTKs

blush

Whoopsy:
    Mcracing1:
    Whoopsy:

That's incorrect as I have stated before. 

The Ring record is done on normal retail Cup2 N2. But they hand picked the best 4 tires out of the batch. With the rear wing cranked to maximum downforce as allowed with the shipping wing mount.

I believe I have better source than either magazines, which only base their information on speculation. Mine came from Porsche and Michelin direct. 

The question is if this source (Porsche / Michelin) is more reliable - or less. I would rather expect the latter, they have an interest in spreading less disconcerting news, unfortunately Smiley

What tires did Lamborghini use for the Huracan and SV ring times? Tires that customers could go out and buy?

Forgot to mention (not sure if this has been mentioned before): The Cup 2 R from the GT2 RS is also available for the new 991.2 GT3 RS.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Update on my GT2 says it’s stuck with exclusive right now. Initial information from the dealer sayed it was completely finished, but that was obviously wrong. Well, no worries, would not drive it right now if I got it, to much gravel on the streets. Took out the GT3 yeasterday and after 10 minutes a got a stone in to the front right 5hat damaged both the disc and the rim. Still drivable, but never the less annoying mail Glad it wade the the GT2 with magnesium rims.....

So, if someone is visiting the exclusive deoartment, please look out for the pink GT2 and take some pictures.....

The farmer:

Too much gravel on the streets.

Sometimes one wish one had a particulate filter.  Smiley

The farmer:

Update on my GT2 says it’s stuck with exclusive right now. Initial information from the dealer sayed it was completely finished, but that was obviously wrong. Well, no worries, would not drive it right now if I got it, to much gravel on the streets. Took out the GT3 yeasterday and after 10 minutes a got a stone in to the front right 5hat damaged both the disc and the rim. Still drivable, but never the less annoying mail Glad it wade the the GT2 with magnesium rims.....

So, if someone is visiting the exclusive deoartment, please look out for the pink GT2 and take some pictures.....

I hope it won't last that long. My last Boxster stood for two or three weeks in the exclusive department because the lid of the roof mechanism was painted in the wrong colour (PTS).

Itsme:
    The farmer:

I hope it won't last that long. My last Boxster stood for two or three weeks in the exclusive department because the lid of the roof mechanism was painted in the wrong colour (PTS).

2 months delay on mine...

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

Don't remember if you already mentioned it: Do you know why?

The farmer:

No you car was finished alright, but I had intercepted you car and paid for a few 'enhancement' as a gift to you through Exclusive. Smiley

--

Kobalt:
    the-missile:

Don't remember if you already mentioned it: Do you know why?

as soon as they have to do manual handling on order...it is a disasterSmiley

wrong part supplied...and again

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:

No you car was finished alright, but I had intercepted you car and paid for a few 'enhancement' as a gift to you through Exclusive

Nick, I will make sure I will let you know when I order my next Porsche Smiley 

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Whoopsy:
    The farmer:

No you car was finished alright, but I had intercepted you car and paid for a few 'enhancement' as a gift to you through Exclusive. Smiley

Thanks buddy!👍 Love my black cars....Smiley And as you know Nick, I’ve arranged a BIG surprise for you to share the king size bed with when you arrive the 17th...... Hope your Spanish is up to date, but other wise I’ll guess it will be just fine with you moaning in the universal language. Ohhhh, Ahhhh, Oooooutch.... SmileySmileySmiley

A king size bed with a Spanish beauty. Your hospitality is 5 stars, buddy. Can I come wink indecision..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

I’m sure Mr Escobar can handle both of you, but are you sure....? 

The farmer:

Smiley,,,

Mr Escobar can sling his hook, buddy. Whoopy and Escobar can have their king size Smiley Smiley...

Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

throt:
    The farmer:

Smiley,,,

Mr Escobar can sling his hook, buddy. Whoopy and Escobar can have their king size Smiley Smiley...

Smiley...

Thought so....kiss

Targa Tim:
    Whoopsy:

No you car was finished alright, but I had intercepted you car and paid for a few 'enhancement' as a gift to you through Exclusive

Nick, I will make sure I will let you know when I order my next Porsche Smiley 

But do you really want me to decorate your car?Smiley

--

The farmer:
    Whoopsy:
    The farmer:

Thanks buddy!👍 Love my black cars....Smiley And as you know Nick, I’ve arranged a BIG surprise for you to share the king size bed with when you arrive the 17th...... Hope your Spanish is up to date, but other wise I’ll guess it will be just fine with you moaning in the universal language. Ohhhh, Ahhhh, Oooooutch.... SmileySmileySmiley

Btw, I also took liberty in modifying your room reservation, you are now booked into my bath tub. Us 3 are sharing one room now.Smiley

At least you will be in a smoking room.

--

SmileyWhoopsy:
    The farmer:
    Whoopsy:
    The farmer:

Btw, I also took liberty in modifying your room reservation, you are now booked into my bath tub. Us 3 are sharing one room now.Smiley

At least you will be in a smoking room.

SmileySmileySmiley  See you soon buddySmiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691145 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410231 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256266 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235425 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65757 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858865 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775177 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM