Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

*** Rennteam Nurburgring Meeting ***

MODS, any chance we can Sticky this?

Okay, I know this may be perceived as in the wrong section of the forum, but it gets the most visitors and I wanted this thread to have the most impact and provide the best chance of being noticed (sorry RC ) and of course get a better weighted/realistic view of any pending Ring Meeting we organise.

I have been in touch with Klaus Tschersich at the Ring who advises me that there is no way between March and November in 2008 that we can book the Ring solely for a Rennteam day, period.

On this basis I would guess that most of the Rennteam community would like to still experience the Green Hell (if they have not already done so) even if it was on a public/tourist day, and what better than a day where we can all meet, put names to faces.

I'm sure most would want the best chance of a dry day so if everyone is happy for me to do this and at least start to collate some information with a view to setting a date then please select your preferred selection in the poll below.

To gauge interest, which I know there is a lot, can we first decide on a month? For me personally, May/June is better as it gives a chance to book another date later in the year, perhaps August/September and of course upp the odds on the weather. (famous last words)

The following link gives you an idea of what dates are available during any particular month, however, it's usual for the dates to be confirmed as late as March so any dates shown are fairly provisional at this stage. http://www.nuerburgring.de/events.286.0.html

I'm guessing that a weekend is the better time as this gives a few of us options if taking too much time off from work could cause problems. Hey, we could even meet the night before and have a crack at Michael Schumacher's Karting to get everyone in the mood. Check it out here ..http://www.ms-kartcenter.de/en/home/

Anyway, what month would you prefer?

Re: *** Rennteam Nurburgring Meeting ***

Sorry everyone. Cocked up on the start time and the edit function doesn't seem to let you change it....

Weekends are extremely busy at the Ring. I am very familiar with the track and still find the chaotic traffic somewhat dangerous. And the track is often closed to remove the remains of squashed bikers and upside down GT3s.

Learning the track (even when empty) is a major challenge in itself. In the midst of the weekend mayhem it may be a little daunting for Ring virgins.

Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings are relatively quiet (if there is no holiday).

Thanks AUM, good points. It's going to be difficult to have a good turn out if we don't include part of the weekend at least, so perhaps Friday/Saturday. Not ideal from what your saying but if we try to make it more difficult than it is then those that do not live locally or within a couple of hours drive at least are going to find it particularly inconvenient and may not even bother. It's a long way to come from the UK for an evenings drive.

I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on this, if only to gauge peoples perceptions.

C'mon everyone, more votes it seems to be working now.

If you meet at the weekends make it at as early as possible, at the opening time. Mornings are quieter.

I work at the weekends and have weekdays off, so I always do midweek Ringing.

MS Karts looks like fun!

Also you may want to check this thread on Ring Insurance
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat...0&fpart=all

I live only 2 hours away from the Ring, any day is fine with me

But I think the best way for this to work would be if we focused more on a "Rennteam get-together meeting" where everybody gets to know each other, rather than make it a "drive the Nordschleife" event.

Quote:
    AUM said:
    If you meet at the weekends make it at as early as possible, at the opening time. Mornings are quieter.

Mornings are quieter, but occasionally also a bit slippery because of the moist.

Quote:
    AUM said:

I work at the weekends and have weekdays off, so I always do midweek Ringing.

MS Karts looks like fun!

Yes, you are right. I noticed last time we were there if you arrive early you miss the queing and the track is fairly quiet. Weekend working, not nice. No wonder you wanted mid week. I didn't get insurance last time, but that wasn't from want of trying. It's worth looking into if it would settle the nerves certainly.

Quote:
    Gauss said:
    I live only 2 hours away from the Ring, any day is fine with me

But I think the best way for this to work would be if we focused more on a "Rennteam get-together meeting" where everybody gets to know each other, rather than make it a "drive the Nordschleife" event.

Not a bad idea at all and of course I'm open to suggestions. What better way of "getting to know each other" by having a session on the MS Karting track the day before an early visit to the Ring, then something to eat at one of the two retaurants on site where all the excuses can come out as to why you were not up to scratch. Hey, if anyone can get me Walter's and Sabine's mobile numbers I'll ring and invite them. You never know they may even enjoy the entire Rennteam community chasing them round the track, or if Sabine's doing the running, anywhere really, not just the track.

Quote:
    Gauss said:

Mornings are quieter, but occasionally also a bit slippery because of the moist.

Duly Noted.

Weekend working, not nice.

+++ I like working two days and having five days off

Not sure how many Rennteamers attend Porsche Days at Spa-Francorchamps but just as a note it's usually held in May. So if we want max participation/de-conflict...

The 'Ring is only 45 mins from me so as soon as we figure the date/dates out I'll take work leave!

Quote:
    harryo2b said:
    Not sure how many Rennteamers attend Porsche Days at Spa-Francorchamps but just as a note it's usually held in May. So if we want max participation/de-conflict...

The 'Ring is only 45 mins from me so as soon as we figure the date/dates out I'll take work leave!

That's the spirit, commitment with no quibbles. Spa would be good as a bolt on goodie, perhaps instead of the MS Karting? (if the timing is right of course).

Over 300 views and only 21 votes. C'mon guys and Gals, I'm getting the feeling that your just not bothered! Can't be true....can it?

Bump....keeping the dream alive...

Ok Rich I'm in for May ideally but subject to fun police approval will go any time except April.

As to why only 21 people are interested I can't tell you, could be because they have heard a rumor that I will be taking the CSL.

Adrian

Quote:
    ResB said:
    Over 300 views and only 21 votes. C'mon guys and Gals, I'm getting the feeling that your just not bothered! Can't be true....can it?

I'd love to go, but it would cost me $10K to ship my car over and back.

Just come over and Hire one.

[edit]

32 votes so far and May looking like the month!

Best of luck with organising the trip.

Unfortunately I shall be in Portugal for most of May.

Quote:
    John H said:
    Best of luck with organising the trip.

Unfortunately I shall be in Portugal for most of May.

That's a shame John to be honest. Mind you at the rate were going, nearly 500 views and only 32 votes (14 of which have opted for May) it doesn't look good. However, on reflection 14 Rennteam Members meeting will still be good fun I'm sure. I'm leaving the poll to run until the end of Jan I think... Enough time for you to tell "er in doors", you've canceled the holiday and rescheduled it for June.

Quote:
    adymcd said:

As to why only 21 people are interested I can't tell you, could be because they have heard a rumor that I will be taking the CSL.

Adrian

I, yes, it could be that.

What i can tell from my experience with these uge organisation or meeting is to:
    Put down dates like it's been done, Then looking which date had the more success and then saying to the craud. On The....Rennteam will meet there.

Then people will make their decisions and those who really want to come and are dying for a great organisation and idea like this, will come and the others one will regrets when they will read the feedback from the people that went.

By trying to collect all members, even it would be cool, will be impossible.

That's what i use to do with my Lotus club.
    Anyway what ever will come out i'm in, unless I've got a GT Masters race.

Quote:
    Cram said:

Anything planned for 2008? ...like Flüelapass & Stelvio?

Would be nice to meet everyone from across the pond! Let me know, I'll be there.

Quote:
    Cram said:
    What i can tell from my experience with these uge organisation or meeting is to:
    Put down dates like it's been done, Then looking which date had the more success and then saying to the craud. On The....Rennteam will meet there.

Then people will make their decisions and those who really want to come and are dying for a great organisation and idea like this, will come and the others one will regrets when they will read the feedback from the people that went.

Cram, you're right of course and to be honest this is the next stage. This thread was again to gauge the interest as for a specific month. Actual dates will follow.

Current thinking is

May 10th - evening meeting at the Ring
    May 11th - All day jolly at the Ring
    May 12th - Perhaps a meeting at Spa as there is an "Open Pit lane" on this particular day. But the Ring is open also.

and congrat for the challenge. Anyway if help has been needed, i would pleased to help.

Quote:
    Gauss said:
    Quote:
    Cram said:

Anything planned for 2008? ...like Flüelapass & Stelvio?

I hope we will se us on 13. September on the top of the Stelvio Pass

cu

Blueflame

Hey blueflame,
    Count me in!

Quote:
    ResB said:
    Quote:
    Cram said:

Cram, you're right of course and to be honest this is the next stage. This thread was again to gauge the interest as for a specific month. Actual dates will follow.

Current thinking is

May 10th - evening meeting at the Ring
    May 11th - All day jolly at the Ring
    May 12th - Perhaps a meeting at Spa as there is an "Open Pit lane" on this particular day. But the Ring is open also.

I take it that you read ny email last night then?

Yup, Thanks for that Ady.

Rich

Do you ever get the feeling that there is only me and you that are up for this?

Adrian

M3 CSL = GT3 killer

+++ Any evidence/details for this?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690221 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409575 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255892 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235132 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65618 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858300 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774514 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM