Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Audi R8-Xmas special...

any chance for high-res pictures?

I'll take one....... Colour of choice = blonde

Go here for high resolution pictures:

http://www.promotor.ro/galerie/350027/hobby/pictorial/claudia-neghin-i-audi-r8

I've been trying to figure out how to save the video so if anyone have any suggestions, that'd be great!

I made a quick capture .flv but it's 11MB...

Kreso, is that your car? lol

Now you need to visit Romania for sure )

And Romania it's NOT a slavic country.
    It's a latin one. By alphabet, by language and by culture.

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    And Romania it's NOT a slavic country.
    It's a latin one. By alphabet, by language and by culture.

True, but the women are proof that the country had been, at one time, overrun with Slavs .

Sorry Crash, romans were here first.
    Back to the history books for you

Atomic80: here, I uploaded the file to megaupload.com
    If you install the megaupload toolbar you should be able to download the file fast and free.

It's a .flv file (Flash video I believe) so you need a Flash player.

Here is the link: Claudia Neghina and Audi R8

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Sorry Crash, romans were here first.
    Back to the history books for you

Thanks for the "history lesson", but the Slavs pretty much overran the whole of the Balkan peninsula in the 6th and 7th centuries (just ask the residents of Constantinople about 626 A.D. ). Also, there were hardly any Romans in Dacia, aside from the occasional retired soldier or civil service retiree. Your chicks are hot thanks to warmongering Slavs .

Sorry Crash, but you are wrong.

Romanian people were born as a mix of Romans and "Daci" (romanian word for the tribes were living around Carpatian mountains). Romania back then was called Dacia (that's how the car we built around '74, clone of a Renault, got it's name from).

In 101 and 102 we had two wars with Romans and we of course lost

See wikipedia and other history sources about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia

Also we were chrishians a long time ago, historical digs confirm this.

More than that arheological sites found artefacts from communites that were around here (including Transilvania) 2.000 years before Christ.

Dacia, in ancient geography was the land of the Dacians. It was named by the ancient Hellenes (Greeks) "Getae". Dacia was a large district of South Eastern Europe, bounded on the north by the Carpathians, on the south by the Danube, on the west by the Tisia or Tisa, on the east by the Tyras or Nistru, now in eastern Moldova. It thus corresponds in the main to modern Romania and Moldova, as well as parts of Hungary, Bulgaria and Ukraine. The capital of Dacia was Sarmizegetusa. The inhabitants of this district are generally considered as belonging to the Thracian nations.

Trajan turned his attention to Dacia, an area north of Macedon and Greece and east of the Danube that had been on the Roman agenda since before the days of Caesar[2][3] when they had beaten a Roman army at the Battle of Histria.[4] In 85, the Dacians had swarmed over the Danube and pillaged Moesia[5][6] and initially defeated an army the Emperor Domitian sent against them,[7] but the Romans were victorious in the Battle of Tapae in 88 AD and a truce was drawn up.[7]

Emperor Trajan recommenced hostilities against Dacia and, following an uncertain number of battles,[8] defeated the Dacian general Decebalus in the Second Battle of Tapae in 101 AD.[9] With Trajan's troops pressing towards the Dacian capital Sarmizegethusa, Decebalus once more sought terms.[10] Decebalus rebuilt his power over the following years and attacked Roman garrisons again in 105 AD. In response Trajan again marched into Dacia,[11] besieging the Dacian capital in the Siege of Sarmizethusa, and razing it to the ground.[12] With Dacia quelled, Trajan subsequently invaded the Parthian empire to the east, his conquests taking the Roman Empire to its greatest extent. Rome's borders in the east were indirectly governed through a system of client states for some time, leading to less direct campaigning than in the west in this period.[13]

From AD85 to AD89, the Dacians (under Decebalus) were engaged in two wars with the Romans.

[edit] Prehistory
    Main article: Prehistoric Romania
    The territory of Romania has been inhabited by different groups of people since prehistory. One of the fossils found - a male, adult jawbone - has been dated to be between 34,000 and 36,000 years old which would make it one of the oldest fossils found to date of modern humans in Europe.[1] A skull found in Peştera cu Oase in 2004/5 bears features of both modern humans and Neanderthals. According to a paper by Erik Trinkaus and others, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences in January, 2007, this finding suggests that the two groups interbred thousands of years ago. Radiocarbon dating indicates that the skull is between 35,000 and 40,000 years old, making it the oldest modern human fossil ever found in Europe.

Dacia
    Main articles: Dacia and Roman Dacia
    The territory of today's Romania was inhabited since at least 513 BC by the Getae or Dacians, a Thracian tribe. Under the leadership of Burebista (70-44 BC) the Dacians became a powerful state which threatened even the regional interests of the Romans. Julius Caesar intended to start a campaign against the Dacians, but was assassinated in 44 BC. A few months later, Burebista shared the same fate, assassinated by his own noblemen. His powerful state was divided in four and did not become unified again until 95, under the reign of the Dacian king Decebalus. The Dacian state sustained a series of conflicts with the expanding Roman Empire, and was finally conquered in AD 106 by the Roman emperor Trajan, who defeated Decebalus. Faced by successive invasions of the Goths and Carpi, the Roman administration withdrew in 271.

I apologize for the burst, I have nothing against Crash, but I know my history since I am a Romanian.

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Sorry Crash, but you are wrong.

Romanian people were born as a mix of Romans and "Daci" (romanian word for the tribes were living around Carpatian mountains). Romania back then was called Dacia (that's how the car we built around '74, clone of a Renault, got it's name from).

In 101 and 102 we had two wars with Romans and we of course lost

See wikipedia and other history sources about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacia

Also we were chrishians a long time ago, historical digs confirm this.

More than that arheological sites found artefacts from communites that were around here (including Transilvania) 2.000 years before Christ.

Pentium, my very first post was meant as a joke, but nonetheless, I had this very subject as part of the closing exam in high school. Sure, there were Roman settlers everywhere, but proportionally speaking a very small number. After the fall of the West, Slavic migration reached the old imperial boundaries during the 6th century, which led to tensions with the indigenous populations, including the Byzantine Empire. Many populations were slavicized, although Romania itself is quite an interesting phenomenon, as the newcomers actually became the assimilatees, as opposed to being the assimilators. Have no doubts, many modern Romanians have slavic roots, even if my previous posts were meant as a joke.

And a small correction, Wikipedia is not always accurate. The final campaign under Trajan was fought in 105, when the sovereignty of the territory was finally lost, thanks to the outstanding stupidity of the Dacian ruler.

And one more thing: I love the Rennteam community and at least around here I want people to get the correct informations about my country. I am pretty fed up with all the sh!t I see people talk about my country. We have many problems yes, but there are also many other good things that are not proper communicated through media ("good" doesn't sell as "bad" does). Russian women are more beautiful than ours but as you may see, we are very close

Romans maried a lot of our women That's how we were born

Crash, our language and our culture IS latin based. Please check the info.

Because Romania was conquered many times, we had a period of time when we even substituted the letters with ciliric ones BUT the grammar and the words remained the same, latin based. Basically it was a "change-font" type of action.

Yes, you are correct the population got mixed with slavic people but I was talking about the roots and, again, we wouldn't be here if Romanian girls weren't beatiful around 105. Their beauty was well known even back then.
    So maybe slavic people ADDED more beauty but the beauty was there.

We are a Latin island, surrounded by different cultures, mostly slavic based. But our roots, language, alphabet and culture IS Latin based.

Wikipedia was just an example. There are many other sources around. This is off topic so I rather stop here.

Whoa, you sure went into a frenzy. I couldn't have writtens so much in such a short time span even if there were a new 911 as a prize . Just relax. Most people know nothing about other people's countries, and that goes especially for my country. However, I DO know that part of your country's history and I'm not sure what is supposed to be so wrong with it.

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Crash, our language and our culture IS latin based. Please check the info.

Because Romania was conquered many times, we had a period of time when we even substituted the letters with cilirc ones BUT the grammar and the words remained the same, latin based. Basically it was a "change-font" type of action.

Yes, you are correct the population got mixed with slavic people but I was talking about the roots and, again, we wouldn't be here if Romanian girls weren't beatiful around 105. Their beauty was well known even back then.
    So maybe slavic people ADDED more beauty but the beauty was there.

We are a Latin island, surrounded by different cultures, mostly slavic based. But our roots, language, alphabet and culture IS Latin based.

Wikipedia was just an example. There are many other sources around. This is off topic so I rather stop here.

I never claimed that your language wasn't Latin-based, because it is. One only has to listen to you speak for 30 seconds. I'm not sure what everything else has to do with what I've said, but I see no problem with you posting some not-so-well-known facts about your country, off-topic or not.

Crash: thumbs up man. You are right I am over-reacting. But that's because I care about Rennteam members AND my country. And it hurts sometime. That's all. I need to go now. Take care man.

PS Please remember that we are a Latin based country (culture, language, etc.). That's all (Bucharest was known before WWI and WWII as Little Paris not Small Moscow - lol)

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Crash: thumbs up man. You are right I am over-reacting. But that's because I care about Rennteam members AND my country. And it hurts sometime. That's all. I need to go now. Take care man.

PS Please remember that we are a Latin based country (culture, language, etc.). That's all (Bucharest was known before WWI and WWII as Little Paris not Small Moscow - lol)

Imagining 'Small Moscow', said by a drunken, deep-voiced Russian, pretty much cracks me up .

And to top it off, Audi USA is offering 6% financing on the R8!!!

what a fica

Must impregnate ....

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    Atomic80: here, I uploaded the file to megaupload.com
    If you install the megaupload toolbar you should be able to download the file fast and free.

It's a .flv file (Flash video I believe) so you need a Flash player.

Here is the link: Claudia Neghina and Audi R8

How did you do that? Thanks so much for the FLV!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781511 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442722 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263429 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261801 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85912 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5964 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881556 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819342 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM