Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Facelift timeline

I like the new mirrors. They remind me to a bit to the design of the mirrors of the 993.

Greetings

Quote:
    Phoenix_911 said:
    I like the new mirrors. They remind me to a bit to the design of the mirrors of the 993.

Greetings

you are right.

now I am feeling better with that.

hopefully to see some GT3 spy pics soon.

i love the rear, everything flows and it just feels like a nice suttle evolution.. but the front im not too sure yet.. why would they make it look like a heavy TT look. with the higher boxster like corner openings....

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    i love the rear, everything flows and it just feels like a nice suttle evolution.. but the front im not too sure yet.. why would they make it look like a heavy TT look. with the higher boxster like corner openings....

Exactly my feelings.

Hi,

its all speculation at the moment on the planned face lift intro date.

I have to submit a final spec for a 997 TT next month for a May delivery. Just looking for advice on wether to put that on hold for a possible facelifted turbo in Sept.

I am personally thinking about delaying delivery, but always nice to hear some thoughts and ideas.

Rgds.

Quote:
    khaosai said:
    Hi,

its all speculation at the moment on the planned face lift intro date.

I have to submit a final spec for a 997 TT next month for a May delivery. Just looking for advice on wether to put that on hold for a possible facelifted turbo in Sept.

I am personally thinking about delaying delivery, but always nice to hear some thoughts and ideas.

Rgds.

tough one as it is really not clear yet when what will happen....

Please more new pics... we need it!

Quote:
    berfes said:
    Please more new pics... we need it!

we need the car itself I'll say

I have just returned from Germany when I was travelling behind a facelifted C2S. It did look very nice in dark blue with the yellow ceramic brakes. There was no disguise on the car at all - I haven't read all of this thread, so apologies if this is old news, but I was surprised to see one.

Quote:
    Ed J said:
    I have just returned from Germany when I was travelling behind a facelifted C2S. It did look very nice in dark blue with the yellow ceramic brakes. There was no disguise on the car at all - I haven't read all of this thread, so apologies if this is old news, but I was surprised to see one.

So if you say this very car you were following had no camouflage at all, can you tell us about the lower part of the new shaped rear lights? What hides behind the black part that we can see in all pics or was it still there?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ed J said:

So if you say this very car you were following had no camouflage at all, can you tell us about the lower part of the new shaped rear lights? What hides behind the black part that we can see in all pics or was it still there?

I did not see the facelifted car in flesh.
    But after looking at so many pictures and quite high-quality pictures, I came to the conclusion that the final car will in fact have this blacked-out area in the rear light.
    I first thought that this is the common camouflage, but the recent pics do not exhibit any cover tape but indicate blacked, semitransparent plastic.

This seems to be a styling element to have a rear light similar in size to the non-facelifted cars, but also having a clear line for the upcoming red stripe that will occur sooner or later for some special models. Like the stripe in the 996 4S model.

Quote:
    yah said:
    I did not see the facelifted car in flesh.
    But after looking at so many pictures and quite high-quality pictures, I came to the conclusion that the final car will in fact have this blacked-out area in the rear light.
    I first thought that this is the common camouflage, but the recent pics do not exhibit any cover tape but indicate blacked, semitransparent plastic.

This seems to be a styling element to have a rear light similar in size to the non-facelifted cars, but also having a clear line for the upcoming red stripe that will occur sooner or later for some special models. Like the stripe in the 996 4S model.

I don't think the black stripe will be there at the final version. First of all it looks rather cheap, like an add-on from some tuning company.
    And secondly the new rear lights will echo those of the Cayenne facelift, which look similar:

I'm with Rossi on this one. I don't think we'll be seeing a red stripe reflector anytime soon on the 997, so I don't thin kthere is a need to keep the rear light flowing with that. Also, I am having serious doubts about the boxster style front. I don't like the directionals to be design elements into the front inlets... I don't know, it looks clumsy on the boxster, and I don't understand why they would "downgrade" the 911 with some boxster looks...
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Ed J said:

I'm just looking at the photo I took with my phone camera and I can't see any black part at all. I'll attach it to this message so let me know what you think?

I'm just so sorry that the picture quality is SO crap.

This is what it looks like when you soom in a bit. Not clear to see, but on the left rear light, it seems that I can see the downward bent shape of the new rear light, without any camo. Seems a little bit like speculation, but I think we might see some more spyshots of uncamouflaged cars soon then.
    -Joost-

Quote:
    Joost said:
    Seems a little bit like speculation, but I think we might see some more spyshots of uncamouflaged cars soon then.

Also think so, as we are coming close to presentation.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Joost said:
    Seems a little bit like speculation, but I think we might see some more spyshots of uncamouflaged cars soon then.

Also think so, as we are coming close to presentation.

Can't wait for the new one!

Especially if there is PDK exist, if no PDK for Carrera, than I don't think there will be one for GT3 or turbo.

Hi,

just delayed my turbo till Sept 08. Bit of a gamble, but feel more comfortable doing that on the off chance it gets the facelift !.

Rgds.

Just got back from my local Porsche Dealer as I have a deposit on whenever the facelift may come. He told me they have production allocation through July of 08. He showed me his allocation as well.
    As someone who has been waiting for nearly a year with my deposit, I can tell you, it's not coming until Septemebr 08!

Re: HOT: Pictures of 997 Facelift!!!!

Help! Its December 2007, and I am about to place an order for a 2008 - delivery in May. The local dealer says he knows nothing about changes - suggests that any facelift is 2010 or later. He has 2008's on the floor.

Obviously, I don't want to order a car that's going to change in the next few months - anyone out there have any new information on the status of an update to the base 997 and/or S?

Quote:
    performance boater said:
    Help! Its December 2007, and I am about to place an order for a 2008 - delivery in May. The local dealer says he knows nothing about changes - suggests that any facelift is 2010 or later. He has 2008's on the floor.

Obviously, I don't want to order a car that's going to change in the next few months - anyone out there have any new information on the status of an update to the base 997 and/or S?

There will be an announcement in springtime 08 for 09 model year, that is production after works summer holidays. Dealers can say anything to get rid of their current allocation.

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    performance boater said:

There will be an announcement in springtime 08 for 09 model year, that is production after works summer holidays. Dealers can say anything to get rid of their current allocation.

Again, what about the GT3?

I think I need to buy a new car while waiting.

Quote:
    I think I need to buy a new car while waiting.

Why not look for a used 996 GT3 to tide you over?

With the revised car coming later next year I would wait until I got the full picture before buying any new 997 or 987.

My dealer thinks that the facelift is only comming after the summer hollidays ( that is september 2008 )

My deaker seems honest about the whole thang. He says Porsche is completely quiet on the facelift matter.

"The announcement will come from any day to the other. Very few people within Porsche know the dates. Basically all people claiming to know anything before the official release are just trying to make themselves important. The announcement may come tomorrow, 1-2 years from now. As it stands, nobody knows"

Was told by my dealer a few days ago to expect a significant price increase for the 2009 model year.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Was told by my dealer a few days ago to expect a significant price increase for the 2009 model year.

Well, someone has to pay WW...

Right now I think there would be PDK for the facelife 911, without that the GT3/turbo won't be faster than the GT-R or Ferrari etc.

Quote:
    reginos said:
    Quote:
    performance boater said:
    Help! Its December 2007, and I am about to place an order for a 2008 - delivery in May. The local dealer says he knows nothing about changes

Well...I guess I'd suggest you might find another source for 'late breaking' Porsche information .
    Pics have been out for almost a year.......in last several months most all of the line has been shown so she's been in-the-can for some time (longer than I can remember for previous model updates).

Most dealers say allocations are on paper through July but I don't think that necessarily means 'facelifts' could not appear before (Porsche has done this before).
    AG apparently will lower US allocations for 2008......and a price increase should not surprise anyone. Both are business decisions where the value of the dollar probably plays a roll.
    Yes we are the biggest market but, Porsche's do sell well elswhere on the planet (that don't pay in dollars).....just my opin.

Hello guys.

First of all id like to say im a new member here, and am really impressed by the level of interest and knowledge of the members here, it really does seem like a great forum to be at. Big kudos to you guys.

Now my story is, basically, im a hp freak. Initially I had a down payment for the new e92 M3, but over the past 2 months ive 'seen the light' and have since then changed over to the 911 side of things.. and my brand new 997 C2S is due to arrive on the 2nd of January 08.

Since I havent been that well informed about Porsche's before I put the down payment for the C2S, I did not know about the upcoming MKII and what goodies it would bring with it. I am now facing the difficult choice of accepting my new C2S (white ext, red int), which is fully packed, including adaptive sport seats, chrono package, aero kit, etc etc, and im also planning to fit the x51 powerkit onto it within the first 2 months... or if I should wait for the '09 997, which will most probably arrive in september-ish earliest in the UAE.

The only thing that would make me wait for the MK2, would be the supposed DSG tranny and, more importantly, the hp boost. However, these things are, as they stand atm, very uncertain afaik. Ofc, the design changes, I think, look really nice too, but for me, that wouldnt be enough to wait an extra 8 months.

Ive been reading several sites, and reports vary from "no planned hp bumps or engine output changes" to a whopping "+40 bhp on 997S models". Here is just a few examples:

Car and Driver mag, no hp bumps.
    http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/12430/spied-2009-porsche-911-carrera-s.html

Motor Authority, 5-25 hp bumps.
    http://www.motorauthority.com/cars/porsche/details-on-porsches-2008-911-update/

Axis of Oversteer, +25 hp.
    http://axisofoversteer.blogspot.com/2007/11/die-luddites-die-997-mkii-with-dsg.html

World Car Fans, no engine changes.
    http://www.worldcarfans.com/6070226.004/spy-photos-more-porsche-911-facelift

So basically, what I really want to know is, will the hp bumps DEFINITELY be there? As in, without any shadow of doubt? or is it very possible that the same engine output is maintained until the 998 model is out?

Sorry if this has already been answered, I have read through a lot of this topic but did not get a chance to go through the entire 53 pages. Thanks in advance peeps

edit: Oh and forgot to mention, as usual, the dealerships here give the very usual "we have heard nothing" when questioned about the upcoming model.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781032 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442594 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263362 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261681 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85821 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5915 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881442 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818957 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM