--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS  blush

Re: The moment I've been waiting for...

Pilot:
    Joost:

Happy birthday Miss Pilot!

Miss Pilot is very delighted and says thank you Joost! 🎉😊

Same here...Happy Birthday.  Smiley

Must be great to be in warm weather right now, I just hate the cold, even if it sometimes has some nice (visual) moments.

IMG_1131.PNG

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Joost:

Happy birthday Miss Pilot!

+1 ! Happy birthday ! those wave pictures made me wish I had my feet in the sand and a cold beer in my hand. Have fun in Sydney ! 

Gnil:
    Pilot:

Haha Gnil, you would be waiting for a very long time. Mrs. Pilot is not so found of what swims beneath the waterline and neither am I ;)

More dangerous sharks on land then in the water Smiley

You might be right... I guess it depends on the shark Smiley

--

Happy Birthday Miss Pilotwink

Joost, RC, Gnil, and Enmanuel, you should really all just come down here! No shortage of beaches, sand, beer, and cool cars! smiley

Mrs. Pilot says hello and she is very happy about your birthday wishes! 🍸

--

rhino:

Happy Birthday Miss Pilotwink

Thanks! 

--

Pilot:

Joost, RC, Gnil, and Enmanuel, you should really all just come down here! No shortage of beaches, sand, beer, and cool cars! smiley

Mrs. Pilot says hello and she is very happy about your birthday wishes! 🍸

Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Sydney Four Seasons

This is our 4th consecutive stay and each time we are here we have an even better experience than before! The attention to detail and the customer service is second to none. No matter their rank, everyone pulls their weight and doesn’t hesitate to go out of their way to help when it gets busy— that’s true teamwork.

--

...we just had breakfast :) Everyone in the hotel is amazingly kind to us!

It’s been raining since yesterday, but now my iPhone’s rain sensor is indicating diminishing cloud density, perfect for a stroll through the Sydney Museum and the city later. kiss

--

Sydney...

Two more days before our departure.

Yesterday’s visit to the Sydney Museum was very interesting. They have an exhibition about the darker side of the city during the Roaring 20s when gangsters prowled the streets ;) The law couldn’t always keep pace with the changing times (and crimes) and the police had a hard time staying on top of things due to a reduced police force after World War I and a lack of technology more generally. They just began using photography for taking mug shots and took the photos in a portrait style in order to capture the suspect’s personality since they changed their names so often and could also change their appearance between offenses. Plus then the authorities could show the portraits of the suspects to people during inquiries without biasing their opinion (as a photo taken in jail might have done).

Today the sun is out again and so we took the ferry across the Harbour for a nice day at Taronga Zoo... walking the new Tiger Trek now :)

--

Goodbye Sydney...

Despite an almost three week stay in Australia our vacation felt short (as always) and the days just kept flying by. Now it’s departure day and time for us to time travel back to LA. Luckily we were able to enjoy Badu Gili last night, a beautiful show projected on the Sydney Opera House Sails that celebrates indigenous culture. It was visually stunning and moving and the perfect end to our stay.  

We will miss the many warm summer nights...

--

At the airport now with the usual things behind us. QF11 is scheduled to land at LAX Thursday morning 6:20 local time. Sunrise will occur at 6:21, but I’m afraid we won’t see much of it on the ground because the weather unfortunately is forecasted to be cloudy and cold (9C).

Sydney airport is busy, as is expected in the morning with many international flights departing to all corners of the world. Okay, off to find Mrs. and Miss Pilot... 🙂

--

Boarding for this Qantas flight is now in progress while it is still being refueled as well, which is good since we don’t want to run out in the middle of nothing haha. My family members are safely in their seat and will buckle up soon ;) 

--

Getting pushed back now :)

--

Have a safe flight mate!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Your photos are beautiful ! Hope the flight was good and not too bumpy . Thanks for sharing 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Your photos are beautiful ! Hope the flight was good and not too bumpy . Thanks for sharing 

Smiley Couldn't agree more, always a delight to read. Smiley

--

Arrived at LAX :)

Approaching and landing at Los Angeles International Airport is always special because of the many different arrival procedures.

Our flight just landed about half an hour ahead of our scheduled arrival time, so it is still a very early morning here in California.

The flight was very pleasant and relatively short again (just under 13 hours). We even slowed down towards the end to avoid arriving too early which could result in waiting on the tarmac if there is no open parking gate.

Hopefully customs is quick and easy :)

P.S. We did a spectacular straight-in approach to runway 6R with the backdrop of a beautiful morning sky!

--

Returning from Sydney...

It was a great flight back home. The A380 is quiet and could cruise forever if it wasn't for the fuel ;) The sunset occurred about one flight hour south of the equator and from then on it was just darkness until we locked onto the final approach course for landing at LAX. Coming in straight over the water and landing towards the east was a first for me and it was beautiful to watch.

Sydney to L.A. is cool because you depart from one shoreline and fly for a long time over just ocean until you see land again!

Thank you Joost, Gnil, and RC! It seems to me that the longer I do this the more special all this becomes :)

--

Night before our departure...

My family and I enjoyed our last evening in Sydney watching this beautiful light show called Badu Gili ('Water Light' in the language of the Gadigal people that used to live on Bennelong Point, the place where the Opera House now stands). It celebrates and explores First Nations stories and the visuals are accompanied by wonderful music and sounds to really create an amazing experience.

My daughter took these shots with her pink SE and was the one that told us about the show :)

--

Thats pretty awesome ! 

As cute as a dolphin...

My daughter was walking down the short gravel road from our house to the beach when I snapped this shot at my wife's suggestion ;) Just like the dolphins below, she likes to swim and have fun with the waves. I applied the Silvertone filter to this photo on my iPhone and liked it so much that I kept it like that.

Back to the waves, the water was pleasantly warm and as you have seen from my other posts, we had many days with big waves coming in. In fact, sometimes it was a bit too much and we had to be careful not to get crushed or pulled out into deeper water.

We also had the joy of seeing many pods of dolphins swimming through our bay, how many can you count? indecision

Photo credit for the dolphin shots goes to my daughter. kiss

--

A beautiful summer vacation...

In many ways it was a very special trip: beautiful, warm, romantic, a long flight with sunrises and sunsets, the change in seasons, and time-traveling near Fiji across the date line.

Australia is very different (aside from driving on the wrong side haha) and we like it a lot. If it would be up to me we would fly back in November for our anniversary, but that's probably not feasible this year.

--

Beautiful shots and they truely show your love for the subjects... wonderful, mate!

--

You are very welcome Joost! My daughter has a very good eye, she often pauses and sees things that I completely overlook! angry

Enmanuel, it was a pleasure to share this trip with all of you here on Rennteam! wink

DJM48, sorry it didn't work out with our schedules to meet this time; as you know the rain pushed everything around a bit ;)

--

kiss

Same ocean but very cold !

Yesterday evening's photo shoot was a sharp contrast to what we were used to in Australia. The air temperature was only 13 C and my sweetheart and I were both freezing. She was okay in her coat, but I on the other hand did not do so well in my suit ;) When we got back into the GT3 I set the cabin temperature to 29 C so we could thaw out again. Smiley

Anyways, we had a beautiful sushi dinner with cherry pink rose petals gracing our table to celebrate my birthday...

--

Wonderful pictures as usual, Pilot!
    But come on! 13 degrees? It was 11degC here last saturday and we were sitting in the garden, enjoying the sun! :-)

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    661635 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401044 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254575 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229080 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59439 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4375 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853396 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761621 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM