Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Issues With Velar

Moser:

So just a quick update....  The new engine has arrived, and they are in process of performing the surgery on the car.  It's pretty crazy just how much stuff needs to be removed from the car in order to replace the engine....They say they need another week, i'm just worried that this engine replacement will lead to other issues.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I haven't had a great experience so far with LR.

It's a Range Rover. That's par for the course. What else did you expect?

--

Nick, morale booster Smiley

LR is crap though

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 arriving, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

martini964:

I was going to tell you about lemon law,but noon beat me, anyways,good luck. there is old saying in Australia,if you wanna go out get the Landrove, but if you wanna come back, take a Toyota,lol.

Smiley Smiley but a very sad reflection of a great product let down by patchy build quality and indifferent after sales service. You’d think Land Rover would have learned from the bad old days of British Leyland back in the 1970’s where customers left in droves to buy German and Japanese competitors as a result. Smiley

--

Porsche Boxster GTS Carrara white / Volvo V40 D4 R Design daily drive

Whoopsy:
    Moser:

So just a quick update....  The new engine has arrived, and they are in process of performing the surgery on the car.  It's pretty crazy just how much stuff needs to be removed from the car in order to replace the engine....They say they need another week, i'm just worried that this engine replacement will lead to other issues.  Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I haven't had a great experience so far with LR.

Nonsense! The quality of LR has improved significantly since Tata bought it. My RRS which I bought in 2015 has almost been fault free compared to the Cayenne I owned which spent more time in the shop than in my garage.

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

nberry:
    Whoopsy:
    Moser:

Nonsense! The quality of LR has improved significantly since Tata bought it. My RRS which I bought in 2015 has almost been fault free compared to the Cayenne I owned which spent more time in the shop than in my garage.

You might be lucky owner, my buddy had to change transmission in less than 6k. ( 2017 model),while he was there there was a 2013 model was also changing the tranny,with 23k on it.....

I've looked into replacing my daily driver and full-size RR in mind have been reading fullfatrr.com. I have to say that I've never heard people returning the car to dealer after experiencing multiple infotainment issues but there are several of those there. Seems to be MY17 and MY18 issue. Also, people there seem to admit that it is still way behind German marques in overall quality.

I am in the sam boat as Nick. My RRS so far has been more reliable than the 3 Porsche SUV I have owned...

Seems the RRs going to the US have superior build quality that those that go elsewhere :)

Moser:

Seems the RRs going to the US have superior build quality that those that go elsewhere :)

they are just used to crap american cars quality so anything coming from the old continent is like gem Smiley

I am running already Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

Moser:

It may be that the new model Velar has some issues to work out. As far as I am concerned, the RRS is the best SUV I have owned.Smiley

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.

the-missile:
    Moser:

they are just used to crap american cars quality so anything coming from the old continent is like gem Smiley

Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    the-missile:
    Moser:

Smiley

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

the-missile:
    Moser:

Just don’t criticise German cars - you might not get away with it so easily Smiley

--

Love German cars...

much less love with anything coming from the Island located on our side coastsmiley

running faster

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

the-missile:

Love German cars...

much less love with anything coming from the Island located on our side coastsmiley

running faster

I guess I asked for that! Smiley (We have three cars, sadly none built here, two shortly being replaced with a VW Golf) Smiley

--

Speaking of Velar...current lease offer at German dealers (this is the official offer, dealers can apparently top it).

Prices incl. VAT.

2018-02-15_19-02-32.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Had a chat with the dealer today as the car is close to being finished, and I basically told him I don't want the car back after the engine replacement.  They only offered an extension of the warranty which I told them they had to do and they havent really offered me anything to keep me happy.  This is the second brand new car I buy from them and they know that I buy my cars fully loaded and change them every 2-3 years.  I floated an idea by them and I'm gonna see what they come back to me with.  I offered to buy another car from them same options as mine but with the 3.0 Diesel V6 instead of the 2.0 L Diesel 240 bhp that I currently have.  

I asked them to as LR for support to take back my vehicle at the price I paid for it and order me an new one with the bigger engine and I would pay the difference of the engine price.  They didn't say no, they asked to study this option and I will see what they come back to me with.  I just don't like the idea of having a new engine and that I have to change the log book of the car with a new engine number which goes on the cars record.  I know it happens and that's what warranties are for, but I'm trying to get more out of them instead of just a one year warranty extension.  I've had the car 6 months of which it's been with them for 2.

If you don't want it that bad, just sell it and buy a new one.

noone1:

If you don't want it that bad, just sell it and buy a new one.

Maybe you didn't pay attention but once he gets a new engine, the value of his car tanks.

--

I don't think that's true at all. It's replace under warranty. Won't show anything bad on the carfax or whatever you guys use over there. It will be a delivery mileage Velar.

noone1:

I don't think that's true at all. It's replace under warranty. Won't show anything bad on the carfax or whatever you guys use over there. It will be a delivery mileage Velar.

I wouldn't want such a car and I know many who think alike. Why? Because there is always a suspicion that there was "more" behind it. Human nature. Dealer needs to disclose the changed engine, so customers would know. Same applies to the private market...I think.

--

noone1:

Perhaps you should buy it off his hands then if you think it's nothing.Smiley

--

RC:
    noone1:

I wouldn't want such a car and I know many who think alike. Why? Because there is always a suspicion that there was "more" behind it. Human nature. Dealer needs to disclose the changed engine, so customers would know. Same applies to the private market...I think.

the only similar logic did not apply for only 1 car that I know is the GT3.1 at the time of first resale. now, the car being more than 3 years old... good luck Smiley one major reason for Porsche to propose the extended free warranty.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

noone, 

that's what I proposed to the dealer, that I will order a new one, and whatever the difference in the list price between what I originally paid for mine and the new one I will pay. I just want them to value my car which has delivery miles as close as possible to the price I paid... so the difference won't be that big.

moser

Velars should be rare in Cyprus, I think this car should be able to find a new owner easily.

Whoopsy:
    noone1:

Perhaps you should buy it off his hands then if you think it's nothing.Smiley

Don't want it, but he's also not obligated to write "ENGINE REPLACED BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS!!!!11" on his for sale ad.

Put a few miles on it and sell it. Just say you didn't like it or have to move for work/family and need to get rid of it.

Yes, excellent advise, instead of reaching an honest arrangement with the dealer, why bother when you can just lie about it and pass the problem to someone else  1325269639981rolleyes.gif

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Um, what exactly is the problem? He's got a perfectly fine working Velar with a new engine. If I were LR, I'd just say OK, take the car back and then give it right back to him with a new VIN. "Here ya go, one brand new Velar coming up!"

noone1:
    Whoopsy:
    noone1:

Don't want it, but he's also not obligated to write "ENGINE REPLACED BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS!!!!11" on his for sale ad.

Put a few miles on it and sell it. Just say you didn't like it or have to move for work/family and need to get rid of it.

It matters if you wanna put ur head on pillow and have a good,relaxed sleep. You should be as honest as possible to buyer,period

Sorry, I don't subscribe to that line of thinking because people are dumb and make a big deal about anything just to get a lower price.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753618 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430967 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258713 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255569 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79600 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868518 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802197 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM