Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

W8MM:

I pushed my 991.2 GT3RS order off until Spring.  Was originally scheduled to be completed about now.

Since I just put the first 500 miles on my GT2RS, I didn't need two new cars in rapid succession.

I'm hoping for a paint-to-sample window to open in 1Q2019.

I think that's when I'll see mine.Smiley

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

MKSGR:
    RC:

If China and the EU want to start a currency war as well, besides the trade war, I am pretty sure Trump will be happy to join. Smiley Not going to happen, Peter... This would mean to move away from the USD in international trade and would probably hurt China and the EU more than the US. Smiley

There will be a compromise in the end. Why? Because everyone is afraid of Trump and of an escalation but Trump...isn't. Why isn't he afraid? Simple: He doesn't care or maybe he doesn't take the possible consequences seriously enough. The Chinese and the Europeans know that, so they are going to find compromises. Lucky Trump. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Christian, you overestimate Trump by far. He lacks education and skill. Today he got screwed badly SmileySmileySmiley

This ranks a “Wow” and another reason why politics should be banished here. 

CGX car nut:
    MKSGR:
    RC:

If China and the EU want to start a currency war as well, besides the trade war, I am pretty sure Trump will be happy to join. Smiley Not going to happen, Peter... This would mean to move away from the USD in international trade and would probably hurt China and the EU more than the US. Smiley

There will be a compromise in the end. Why? Because everyone is afraid of Trump and of an escalation but Trump...isn't. Why isn't he afraid? Simple: He doesn't care or maybe he doesn't take the possible consequences seriously enough. The Chinese and the Europeans know that, so they are going to find compromises. Lucky Trump. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Christian, you overestimate Trump by far. He lacks education and skill. Today he got screwed badly SmileySmileySmiley

+1,000,000

CGX car nut:
    MKSGR:
    RC:

--

You are right. Christian and I ignored the "no politics" policy above. From now on Smiley

BLog.dilbert.com

it helps with the TDS. 

In the US many have died to preserve freedom of speech and expression.  This is not to protect speech they approve of this to protect all speech especially that which they did not approve of because they were wise enough that one viewpoint without opposing thought makes you blind very quickly. 

From the comments and because two people can see anything and see two different things in this world where facts don’t matter I find it hilarious that you all can’t see how juvenile a ban is when the real answer is to grow up and allow ideas to not hurt you. See your way clear of the danger of words and think. Most of all realize that news which aims to divide and  humiliate someone or a group is not news but propaganda.  Regardless of which side. 

Leawood911:

BLog.dilbert.com

it helps with the TDS. 

In the US many have died to preserve freedom of speech and expression.  This is not to protect speech they approve of this to protect all speech especially that which they did not approve of because they were wise enough that one viewpoint without opposing thought makes you blind very quickly. 

From the comments and because two people can see anything and see two different things in this world where facts don’t matter I find it hilarious that you all can’t see how juvenile a ban is when the real answer is to grow up and allow ideas to not hurt you. See your way clear of the danger of words and think. Most of all realize that news which aims to divide and  humiliate someone or a group is not news but propaganda.  Regardless of which side. 

Leawood- Im a conservative and a classical liberal. I completely agree with freedom of speech. In no way am I advocating that Marcuse's right to present facts through his lens from an alternative universe be curtailed.  Maybe a Porsche forum and in a thread entitled 991.2 GT3 RS is not the best place to do it. I have plenty of opinions that many here would disagree with, and so , out of respect for my fellow Rennteamers, I refrain from introducing them into every discussion, especially if the subject has nothing to do with them. I wouldn't mind the same courtesy being extended to me.

Its a question of upbringing. My apologies.

Dr Frank Walliser is driving to Spa in a Porsche 991.2 GT3 RS with a rather special paint job... Smiley

1532722116122image.jpeg

...maybe that will be a new PTS option for MY2019 deliveries!  image.gif

Grant:

Mike - any 2RS comments to share?

Grant,

Since it won't be properly broken-in until it arrives at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in a few weeks, I don't have any real data on how much zoom it has.  It generally feels very similar to the 991.1 GT3RS as it goes down the boulevard.

By third week of August I should know more.

ValentineRedman.jpg

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991.2 GT2 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Dr Frank Walliser is driving to Spa in a Porsche 991.2 GT3 RS with a rather special paint job... Smiley

1532722116122image.jpeg

...maybe that will be a new PTS option for MY2019 deliveries!  image.gif

It looks like Frank Walliser drove it home from Goodwood...

1532725232836image.jpeg

Smiley

Spyderidol:
    Leawood911:

BLog.dilbert.com

it helps with the TDS. 

Leawood- Im a conservative and a classical liberal. I completely agree with freedom of speech. In no way am I advocating that Marcuse's right to present facts through his lens from an alternative universe be curtailed.  Maybe a Porsche forum and in a thread entitled 991.2 GT3 RS is not the best place to do it. I have plenty of opinions that many here would disagree with, and so , out of respect for my fellow Rennteamers, I refrain from introducing them into every discussion, especially if the subject has nothing to do with them. I wouldn't mind the same courtesy being extended to me.

My apologies in return. I guess pointing out that we are off topic, which I did not start or seek to perpetuate, is a totally fair way stop a thread from going off track.  It hardly ever happens here but I thank you for pointing it out and getting us back on track.  I was not raised to make apologies and follow them up by insulting the upbringing of strangers I know little of. I’m not certain if that is a worse character trait than going off topic on Rennteam. We did not have rennteam at the dinner table. Smiley  I will say that it is when comments get personal that we end up having to end discussions. So if you do support sharing opinions I would suggest no personal attacks like that.  Makes sense?

dont worry. I don’t feel insulted one bit. I’m pretty comfortable with my upbringing. Cheers all the same. 

Now to GT3 question I have been dying to get to. It the body of the RS wider?  I thought the GT3 already used the c4 shelll. Is the RS even wider?  Or is the top speed lower due to downforce from aero like rear wing etc. some said it was due to wide body. 

W8MM:
    Grant:

Mike - any 2RS comments to share?

Grant,

Since it won't be properly broken-in until it arrives at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in a few weeks, I don't have any real data on how much zoom it has.  It generally feels very similar to the 991.1 GT3RS as it goes down the boulevard.

By third week of August I should know more.

ValentineRedman.jpg

Nice photo! Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

GT3 uses the C4 shell. RS uses the wider Turbo shell. +40mm or something.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

GT3 uses the C4 shell. RS uses the wider Turbo shell. +40mm or something.

Cool. I did not realize there were two sizes of wide bodies. Thank you for the info!!  Love this forum. RL what?

Leawood911:
    Spyderidol:
    Leawood911:

BLog.dilbert.com

it helps with the TDS. 

My apologies in return. I guess pointing out that we are off topic, which I did not start or seek to perpetuate, is a totally fair way stop a thread from going off track.  It hardly ever happens here but I thank you for pointing it out and getting us back on track.  I was not raised to make apologies and follow them up by insulting the upbringing of strangers I know little of. I’m not certain if that is a worse character trait than going off topic on Rennteam. We did not have rennteam at the dinner table. Smiley  I will say that it is when comments get personal that we end up having to end discussions. So if you do support sharing opinions I would suggest no personal attacks like that.  Makes sense?

dont worry. I don’t feel insulted one bit. I’m pretty comfortable with my upbringing. Cheers all the same. 

Now to GT3 question I have been dying to get to. It the body of the RS wider?  I thought the GT3 already used the c4 shelll. Is the RS even wider?  Or is the top speed lower due to downforce from aero like rear wing etc. some said it was due to wide body. 

I'm sorry that you feel insulted. I was obviously not clear enough in my post. I think that if you reread it again, you will see (I think) that it was not directed at you. I will leave it at that. Thank you for your reply. 

Not at all. I was amused by your backhanded attempt but I must have misunderstood to part about upbringing.

My point is as that it is when discussions get personal that the exchange of ideas fails. Regardless of if it’s politics or cars. We have seen this with car discussions here as well.  I’m trying my best, now that I am more aware, to avoid this. Cheers and have an amazing day. 

Back in the 997 days was the Turbo wider even than the c4s?  

Leawood911:

If I remember correctly there were only two width with the 997. The standard chassis of the Carrera 2 with about 1,80 and the Carrera 4 chassis with about 1,85. The GT3 came with the smaller chassis, whereas the GT3 RS and the Turbo models had the wider chassis.

With the 991 the difference between Carrera 2 and Carrera 4 stayed the same, but the Turbo got an additional 3 cm to about 1,88. The GT-models grew in size accordingly, the GT3 now has the medium width with 1,85, the GT3 RS the Turbo chassis with 1,88.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Leawood911:

Nope Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Yesterday, the sales manager called me and said both PCNA and PAG got involved to determine the reason for the delay. What they learned is that since I had ordered the extended dash leather with stitching, steering column leather with stitching and door panel leather the car has to be built in two different factories. My car was suppose to exit Zuffenhausen yesterday and taken to another factory for the leather work (I assume where they do the CXX stuff). However, for some reason it did not exiting Zuffenhausen yesterday. They will check today if there has been an update. They are still projecting a September completion date if not sooner. He also told me that September cars do not have transport information so final delivery still up in the air.

Of course much of this is nonsense. Porsche knew what I had spec'ed and gave me the early completion dates. I have ordered similar items before and never any delay. The items I ordered are not CXX items. Now by ordering this items they delay production of the car?

My concern is Porsche pulls cars from production lines for QC inspection. The cars that are pulled usually are delayed up to three weeks. The QC is quite extensive and the reason why its takes 3 weeks. My sales manager doesn't know if involves my car. The other concern is during production my car was damaged or not constructed correctly and was pulled for repairs. Again, my SM said it was not aware this happened with my car.

Bottom line is I won't see me car until October at the earliest unless because of the attention it is receiving from PCNA and PAG the factory expedites the process. Right and pigs fly.indecision

--

Those leather pieces are not installed on the line. The cars are taken across the road to the Exclusive department where the standard plastic piece are taken out and the leather one goes in. 

See the Turbo S Exclusive built video.

There are times when the leather pieces are back logged and not ready when you car is finished on the line

--

Nick, you mean they build the car with the plastic dash and remove it for the leather across the street? Or are you  only referring to the steering column and door panel leather?

--

That is a great spec to an RS Nick. Can never have enough leather. It would explain the delay so just stay positive. I learned that you get what you wish for so I always wish for only the best. Thanks for all the 997 and 991 specs guys. It was as I had suspected. 

Btw. Wife and I will be in Spain starting Thursday for two weeks. Mostly in Soto Grande near Malaga. Any suggestion on thing to do?  Any warnings?  I’ll be renting a Golf for little day trips and my Spanish is really bad - as in not good at all which is compounded by never having to pay for parking.  Should have rented a GT3 RS -dang. Back on topic. 

nberry:

Nick, you mean they build the car with the plastic dash and remove it for the leather across the street? Or are you  only referring to the steering column and door panel leather?

Extended dashboard in leather means: chrono and center vents covered instead of blcak plastic, and the speakers covers and the windshield defroster plastic part.

steering column and the extended doors which are additional leather and alcantara parts are not done on the line as well.

all of this will be classic plastic parts and then moved to exclusive for replacement.

at excluisve, only a small team work and those guys will dismantle the plastic parts and replace by the leather ones, supplied by third party. my car stayed 2 months there...the supplier messed with combination of material.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

I would go to Ronda (nice road), Mijas and visit the old town of Marbella and Puerto Banks. PM me if you want.

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

SmileyMikla:

I would go to Ronda (nice road), Mijas and visit the old town of Marbella and Puerto Banks. PM me if you want.

Thanks. That sounds like a great list of ideas. 

Ronda info: http://www.andalucia.org/en/destinations/provinces/malaga/municipalities/ronda/

Mijas: http://www.andalucia.org/en/destinations/provinces/malaga/municipalities/mijas/

Puerto Banus: https://www.puerto-banus.com/en/

Marbella: http://www.turismo.marbella.es/en

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

the-missile:
    nberry:

Extended dashboard in leather means: chrono and center vents covered instead of blcak plastic, and the speakers covers and the windshield defroster plastic part.

steering column and the extended doors which are additional leather and alcantara parts are not done on the line as well.

all of this will be classic plastic parts and then moved to exclusive for replacement.

at excluisve, only a small team work and those guys will dismantle the plastic parts and replace by the leather ones, supplied by third party. my car stayed 2 months there...the supplier messed with combination of material.

Thanks for he information. My last three Porsche’s were similarly optioned and never encountered any delays. My dealer described my car as nothing more than a standard order. Oh well  live and learn. Customers that order money making options for Porsche get screwed.

--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uxAQ5uhxuA

nberry:
    the-missile:
    nberry:

Thanks for he information. My last three Porsche’s were similarly optioned and never encountered any delays. My dealer described my car as nothing more than a standard order. Oh well  live and learn. Customers that order money making options for Porsche get screwed.

Normally it isn't a bottleneck there. But lately Porsche had been cranking out so many cars that the parts do get backlogged.

Also, the workshop at Exclusive is not very big, and they have the Turbo S Exclusive, which is a lot more labour intensive to finish, hogging space there.

--

nberry:
    the-missile:
    nberry:

Nick, I had to remove contrast stitching and sports back seats in leather from my July production GT3 as there was an 8 week delay on some leather and alcantara options that my dealer informed me about back in May before my order locked. The delay included other cxx option on all GT cars though July 2018. Your dealer should’ve told you about it in case you wanted to remove it to get you car faster. 

nberry:
    the-missile:
    nberry:

Relax. You’ll get your car, albeit with some delay.

Would you like us to pray and light candles in the church? Do you have close friends and relatives who can help you through these hard times or should this community step up, travel down and come hold your hand?

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759899 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433942 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259801 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256949 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80631 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5308 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870830 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805921 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM