Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

Super Darius:

mmh...

before i think was easy to sell my car...but nope...was not so easy.

I took home around 175k euros..sure good,i payed it less than 200k euros, 3 years and 14k kms ago,so i'm satisfied also if i was sure to take at least 180k,really the car is perfect,like new.

My car BTW goes in France...in Italy a few person interested but in 3 months nobody take out the money.Seems that all are sure to have a .2RS and are waiting to have a quote of the second bunch.When they will see that there will be not so much cars also next year,maybe they will return on market of the second handsSmiley

it is indeed not super easy to move an amount like that...Smiley and this thing is not rare in any possible way.

.2 will be in the same numbers interm of production but much higher priced which will result to even stiffer drop in value.

25k in 3 years is not bad at all to be honest. If I remember correctly, .1RS was about 183k in France without options.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

nberry:

Nick, you can’t be serious. Just about every trade expert, every automobile manufacturer and economists state unequivocally that tariffs especially on the auto sector will will be economic suicide. Trump is gambling that the EU and Japan cave. I have no idea if they will. This much I know, when this entire matter is settled the US will be poorer.

Also, I’m not sure if you’re aware that there is one group which backs the tariffs. The group you despise with a passion;

UNIONS. 

Though I can afford the additional $45,000 I would never pay it. Though I love cars, I am sensible about them. They are only one of my interests and not my top priority. My consternation about the RS is related to Porsche having me on a YO YO string and I don’t like that. I have lived my life controlling and not being controlled. My .2 GT3 is a fabulous car and I may just keep it. Mike, I’m under no obligation to turn it in.

Which is exactly what I wrote earlier. With the tariffs Trump just out flanked the Democrats. Mid terms is coming up.........

And you are not the one pissed at delays. Porsche delayed my GT2RS production by 5 months and I am still pissed.

--

Whoopsy:

Which is exactly what I wrote earlier. With the tariffs Trump just out flanked the Democrats. Mid terms is coming up.........

And you are not the one pissed at delays. Porsche delayed my GT2RS production by 5 months and I am still pissed.

You are not alone in this boat, Nick and the other Nick.

I know that lots of cars (GT3, yes still this car..., GT2RS) are delayed for here. Fancy specs or not.Smiley

and we all know that in term of emission law here, it is a joke Smiley

it is just about their supply chain. they need to stop assigning tasks to the interns Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

nberry:

Nick, you can’t be serious. Just about every trade expert, every automobile manufacturer and economists state unequivocally that tariffs especially on the auto sector will will be economic suicide. Trump is gambling that the EU and Japan cave. I have no idea if they will. This much I know, when this entire matter is settled the US will be poorer.

Also, I’m not sure if you’re aware that there is one group which backs the tariffs. The group you despise with a passion;

UNIONS. 

Though I can afford the additional $45,000 I would never pay it. Though I love cars, I am sensible about them. They are only one of my interests and not my top priority. My consternation about the RS is related to Porsche having me on a YO YO string and I don’t like that. I have lived my life controlling and not being controlled. My .2 GT3 is a fabulous car and I may just keep it. Mike, I’m under no obligation to turn it in.

Without the US, Europe is Putin fodder. The EU knows that, no matter what EU politicians say. It is always funny when our media here is talking about how much pressure the EU could put economically on the US. Bullshit. Then, the digital tax proposed by some EU politicians. If the EU does that, it would result in a retaliation from the US in other domains. Also, I'm not sure how happy EU citizens would be if Android and Apple apps/media/hardware would suddenly be more expensive. Smiley

Trump wants no tariffs at all. Makes sense but the EU will never agree to that (the EU apparatus is basically funded by tariffs Smiley). So there will be some sort of compromise. Maybe not now, maybe there needs to be more blood on the play field before the players will agree to something but a compromise will happen.  Oh, another reason why the EU is so stubborn is in fact Trump: They don't want to give him a win, also because many Democrats seem to pressure their EU "friends" not to give in to Trump because this could cause even more demands from him. In reality, they don't want Trump to look good. Understandable. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Whoopsy:

Nick, paying a higher price after tariff, that puts the car on par with RoW cost, will let you appreciate the car better. 

Sorry guys, not trying to be political now, but just stating facts: (other mod can delete this post or edit it if they think it's inappropriate.)

The tariff doesn't goes to waste. It goes into the government's general funds that could be used for other programs. it is the same argument the left had been trying to use for taxing the rich more. Poor people don't buy Porsches so this is in a way another tax for rich people only. With your ideology against Trump and more aligned with the Democrats, you shouldn't have a problem with paying the tariff when you were in support of Democrats idea of raising tax for the riches. The tariff is basically a consumption tax after all. And consumption tax is the fairest, the rich spend more hence pays more. 

And your tariff, is basically the same as my government raising luxury car tax by an extra 10% since April. I don't like it, I try to find ways around it. Didn't stop me from buying cars. But at the end of the day, it's just a consumption tax. 

Now if you really gonna bail on the GT3RS simply because of the tariff, then you loses all credibility on criticizing Trump the Republican. As what he is doing with the tariff on import cars is exactly the same as Democrats wanting to impose higher taxes on the rich.

Everyone wanted to laugh at Trump, but this tariff on import cars is a stroke of genius. He just shut up all Democrats. If someone doesn't want to pay tariff, they can always buy domestic, which means by default supporting American auto unions. For those that oppose the tariff, they painted themselves as anti-American made, anti-rich people tax. 

Could not have said it better. Like Trump or not, there is genius in his madness.

They can then use the tarif money to prop EV cars like Tesla and remove the 200,000 cars limit for the $7,500 rebate for example. I am ALL IN for a progressive fair consumption tax which the democrats should be begging for. Will never happen tough.

Germany has a cap for their EV subsidies at 60,000 euros, guess who is the most impacted? Tesla... Europeans especially here on this board think they are all white knights in shinning armor and defenders of what is right. But are they really? It is just as nasty there than in the USA. Oh and Nick, I am not American (although I should really apply for the citizenship by now), I am French.

And sorry Nick but I won’t feel compassionate because the little scheme of driving a quasi free car is gone up in smoke.

Now that my car is scheduled to be completed around September 13th after the factory holidays, I’m i right in assuming that all cars built in September will have the particulate filter?

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

Particulate filter is for Europe Line for sure.

US production line is just 5m away but not sure will follow the same logic if not required by US law...Smiley

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

Cayenne GTS 2014

nberry:

Now that my car is scheduled to be completed around September 13th after the factory holidays, I’m i right in assuming that all cars built in September will have the particulate filter?

My understanding was, in your case, no PF on yours..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Just spoke to a guy from Stuttgart last sunday at an Exclusive-event. He confirmed, that 991.2 GT3 and GT3 RS will be produced after the summer brake in big numbers until the 992    A N D   the cars with PF will get MORE Power than the cars without. Approx. +15 HP...kiss

Plus they are re-organising the paint shop right now - more colors and more PTS-slots for next model-year.

Let´s see, if it is true...if yes, I plan to order one of the last GT3 Touring in PTS for the end of next year.

Blueflame

PS and yes there will be an even better 992 GT3 with a NA-Engine...more light-weight-parts, but not cheaper...;-)

Does the PF affect the exhaust sound?

--

blueflame:

Just spoke to a guy from Stuttgart last sunday at an Exclusive-event. He confirmed, that 991.2 GT3 and GT3 RS will be produced after the summer brake in big numbers until the 992    A N D   the cars with PF will get MORE Power than the cars without. Approx. +15 HP...kiss

I personally do not think it is possible for the RS to make 535 hp with only 4.0L and PF.  So, either your info is mistaken or the engine will grow larger than 4.0L (or they add some other kind of power enhancement besides pure NA motor).

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Could there be something like “Adblue for petroleum engines”?

Nick, I think US cars will not get a particulate filter. Not now.

You can relax regarding the tarrifs now...told you. For me, Trump is like an open book.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

Christian, the EU came hat in hand. Also, a group of Republicans advised Trump that if he proceeds with the auto tariffs they will be done with him.

That said, though they agreed on many issues regarding tariffs the language regarding auto tariffs have yet to be worked out. What this says to me is Trump will have his staff leak the tentative terms so they can get a reaction from his base. Trump changes his mind depending on what direction the political winds are blowing. He could blow this agreement up tomorrow.

--

Working towards zero tarifs. EU handed a victory to Trump right there.

nberry:

Christian, the EU came hat in hand. Also, a group of Republicans advised Trump that if he proceeds with the auto tariffs they will be done with him.

That said, though they agreed on many issues regarding tariffs the language regarding auto tariffs have yet to be worked out. What this says to me is Trump will have his staff leak the tentative terms so they can get a reaction from his base. Trump changes his mind depending on what direction the political winds are blowing. He could blow this agreement up tomorrow.

--

One will slightly break his moratorium on political postings as the president is very consistent in his messaging and actions.  You are too fixated on his negotiation tactics versus the overall message, which is consistent with his initial forays on political topics a couple of decades ago.

SciFrog:

Are you crazy? Zero tariffs on cars would hurt the US car companies. The 25% tariff imposed by the US on light trucks, SUV's and trucks kept the market monopoly for the US auto companies. These are the big profit vehicles. Also, without the tariffs on auto many foreign manufacturers may move their US operations to cheaper venues.

FWIW, the exact nature of the auto tariffs agreement is still being worked out. Nothing has been resolve other than to say FOR NOW neither side will impose tariffs that don't already exist. With Trump its more about show but when you drill down you'll find more often than not it's not a good deal. He does't care because his base (like you) believes what he tells them.Smiley

--

You mean when he was a democrat 

nberry:

Nick, you car will be COMPLETED in Sept, not BUILD in Sept. 

You car is built, it's just waiting for validations, which can't happen until the factory holiday is over, that's all.

--

nberry:
    SciFrog:

Are you crazy? Zero tariffs on cars would hurt the US car companies. The 25% tariff imposed by the US on light trucks, SUV's and trucks kept the market monopoly for the US auto companies. These are the big profit vehicles. Also, without the tariffs on auto many foreign manufacturers may move their US operations to cheaper venues.

FWIW, the exact nature of the auto tariffs agreement is still being worked out. Nothing has been resolve other than to say FOR NOW neither side will impose tariffs that don't already exist. With Trump its more about show but when you drill down you'll find more often than not it's not a good deal. He does't care because his base (like you) believes what he tells them.Smiley

Tariffs like taxes only appeal if they are not impacting personally. Human nature and not hard to understand. A bit hypocritical though...

I get that never trumpets don’t get him like RC does but it is a shame that republicans in Congress don’t get it because they really don’t help his negotiations. Like taking your wife to a car dealer and she keeps telling you she has to have that car while you try to talk price. Lol. 

Personally I don’t see how one can object to a Porsche tariff but see other tariffs as required. It is impossible to make a case against zero tariffs in that case which is corner # 994 Democrats are being painted into. Fun to watch even if all these jobs and extra income are actually really bad deals in the long run.  I also heard that working too many jobs is now an unemployment problem.  There is so much I need to relearn in the ‘facts don’t matter’ world. 

Mike, Trump created this problem. The tariffs as they stood before taking office worked for both sides. No doubt other countries benefited more but keep in mind it has worked for the US economy. We have the strongest economy in the world. Darwinism states the strong will survive as they adapt to changing conditions. So it is with our industries. The weak are phased out by competition domestic or foreign. In their place other industries rise and take their place. 

Where I agree with a Trump is the Chinese stealing our technology. Measures need to be taken to stop the theft. But it should not be on the backs of our farmers.

--

Whoopsy:
    nberry:

Nick, you car will be COMPLETED in Sept, not BUILD in Sept. 

You car is built, it's just waiting for validations, which can't happen until the factory holiday is over, that's all.

Nick, I hope you’re right though I can’t explain how others with similar build dates are getting their cars completed and loaded on to ships.

Btw why is your GT2 delayed five months?

--

Nick, your car will very likely be delivered without a particulate filter, so no worries. Just relax now. Smiley Smiley

--

I pushed my 991.2 GT3RS order off until Spring.  Was originally scheduled to be completed about now.

Since I just put the first 500 miles on my GT2RS, I didn't need two new cars in rapid succession.

I'm hoping for a paint-to-sample window to open in 1Q2019.

--

Mike

918 Spyder + 991.2 GT2 RS +Tesla Roadster 1.5 & Model S P100D AP2 + Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid +  BMW Z8 + BMW 3.0 CSi + Bentley Arnage T

W8MM:

I pushed my 991.2 GT3RS order off until Spring.  Was originally scheduled to be completed about now.

Since I just put the first 500 miles on my GT2RS, I didn't need two new cars in rapid succession.

I'm hoping for a paint-to-sample window to open in 1Q2019.

Mike - any 2RS comments to share?

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

RC:

If China and the EU want to start a currency war as well, besides the trade war, I am pretty sure Trump will be happy to join. Smiley Not going to happen, Peter... This would mean to move away from the USD in international trade and would probably hurt China and the EU more than the US. Smiley

There will be a compromise in the end. Why? Because everyone is afraid of Trump and of an escalation but Trump...isn't. Why isn't he afraid? Simple: He doesn't care or maybe he doesn't take the possible consequences seriously enough. The Chinese and the Europeans know that, so they are going to find compromises. Lucky Trump. Smiley

--

Christian, you overestimate Trump by far. He lacks education and skill. Today he got screwed badly SmileySmileySmiley

RC:
    nberry:

UNIONS. 

Without the US, Europe is Putin fodder. The EU knows that, no matter what EU politicians say. It is always funny when our media here is talking about how much pressure the EU could put economically on the US. Bullshit. Then, the digital tax proposed by some EU politicians. If the EU does that, it would result in a retaliation from the US in other domains. Also, I'm not sure how happy EU citizens would be if Android and Apple apps/media/hardware would suddenly be more expensive. Smiley

Development of today proves the opposite. 

--

FIAT 500 "THE BEST OF ALL" If you don't own one, you can't understand, grazie SERGIO ! - 993 C2 - 997 4 gts - G 350d - 3.2 RS on the way 

dinogb:

--

FIAT 500 "THE BEST OF ALL" If you don't own one, you can't understand, grazie SERGIO ! - 993 C2 - 997 4 gts - G 350d - 3.2 RS on the way 

+1 Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

smiley

--

FIAT 500 "THE BEST OF ALL" If you don't own one, you can't undersatnd, grazie SERGIO ! - 993 C2 - 997 4 gts - G 350d - 3.2 RS on the way 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688228 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408581 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255484 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234704 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65333 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857460 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773172 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM