Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: 991.2 GT3 RS (2018)

Ferdie:
    nberry:

Nick, my SA named another factory or facility which I didn't recognize. I believe it started with an O.yes

He'd told me he was reading from a bulletin dated July 5th. I spoke with PCNA and they didn't know anything. I sent an email to Germany. Hopefully I'll get a response.I should have sent it in your name to assure a 

Osnabrück? Smiley

That's also a VW factory. Porsche used it to built Boxsters/Caymans until 2015 when they moved them back in-house at Zuffenhausen.

--

olli:

Zuffenhausen factory will shut down on Aug 6th, not July 17th.

Now if that's the case why would they deny my request to do a factory tour on the 17th?

--

Whoopsy:
    olli:

Now if that's the case why would they deny my request to do a factory tour on the 17th?

Nick, I have exactly same feedback. from monday, factory is closed. period.

--

GT Lover, Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 manual, 991 GT3 2014(sold)

Cayenne GTS 2014

Whoopsy:

Tells you how much they are rushing cars out the door.

According to some chatter I heard, there are GT3 RS with WP rushing out the door with a normal hood because the carbon hoods seem to have quality issues. Not sure if they are going to be retrofitted or not afterwards (I assume yes but...).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

update on my RS

Will be shipped around the 23/24 July...then at the dealer in the last week of July first week of August

hope to be able to register it before my dealer goes on holidays the 4th August...mail

With the .1 GT3 RS i took home the car the day before they close for vacation...damn every time the same thingcheeky

what a difficult life.smiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Whoopsy:
    olli:

Well buddy, maybe they know you......SmileySmileySmileySmiley

Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    nberry:

Nick, my SA named another factory or facility which I didn't recognize. I believe it started with an O.yes

He'd told me he was reading from a bulletin dated July 5th. I spoke with PCNA and they didn't know anything. I sent an email to Germany. Hopefully I'll get a response.I should have sent it in your name to assure a 

Osnabrück? Smiley

That's also a VW factory. Porsche used it to built Boxsters/Caymans until 2015 when they moved them back in-house at Zuffenhausen.

From my understanding, the Porsche Cayman has been built there until summer 2018, which would be... now. There will be a change in production to incorporate the assembly of an additional VW model.

The farmer:
    Whoopsy:
    olli:

Well buddy, maybe they know you......SmileySmileySmileySmiley

I was thinking the same... 😀

Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    nberry:

Osnabrück? Smiley

From my understanding, the Porsche Cayman has been built there until summer 2018, which would be... now. There will be a change in production to incorporate the assembly of an additional VW model.

https://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/17/porsche-boxster-cayman-production-zuffenhausen-investment-official/

--

Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    nberry:

Osnabrück? Smiley

https://www.autoblog.com/2015/07/17/porsche-boxster-cayman-production-zuffenhausen-investment-official/

You do... realize that this article is three years old?

Check VW Osnabrück‘s website, they even state that they started production of the current Cayman, read 718, last year. Smiley 

There could be a number of reasons why they would want visitors to be temporarily kept off the factory premises, including kick-off to re-tooling for the 992, 992 early production runs, etc. 

Keeping outsiders out does not necessarily mean that they are shutting down the factory.

Kobalt:

Just got a call from my dealer: "The car is on it's way from Germany to Sweden".   

Excellent!  Looking forward to some Ring videos soon Smiley

--

18 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

RC:
    Whoopsy:

According to some chatter I heard, there are GT3 RS with WP rushing out the door with a normal hood because the carbon hoods seem to have quality issues. Not sure if they are going to be retrofitted or not afterwards (I assume yes but...).

So, is it fair to say if they are struggling with CF in an unstressed part like a hood, Porsche are not really ready to consider a carbon fibre chassis? Smiley (which I only mention as several have suggested it as a way to reduce weight in the future of 2000kg 911s).

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

So, is it fair to say if they are struggling with CF in an unstressed part like a hood, Porsche are not really ready to consider a carbon fibre chassis? Smiley (which I only mention as several have suggested it as a way to reduce weight in the future of 2000kg 911s).

The carbon hood came from supplier, the supplier is having trouble meeting demand. 

--

Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    nberry:

Osnabrück? Smiley

A minor detail Smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Super Darius:

update on my RS

Will be shipped around the 23/24 July...then at the dealer in the last week of July first week of August

hope to be able to register it before my dealer goes on holidays the 4th August...mail

With the .1 GT3 RS i took home the car the day before they close for vacation...damn every time the same thingcheeky

Told you...don't worry. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mercedes E63 S AMG Edition 1 (2018), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Super Darius:

update on my RS

Told you...don't worry. Smiley Smiley

Smiley

check your pm Christan

--

Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    nberry:

Osnabrück? Smiley

Check VW Osnabrück‘s website, they even state that they started production of the current Cayman, read 718, last year. Smiley 

Haven't keep up with it since the last time they announced moving everything back to Zuffenhausen Smiley

--

This is correct  a friend of mine got his GT3RS  with Weissach with normal hood. The Carbon hood will be retrofitted and he can keep the painted one!

Not sure what’s going on at the factory. My car entered production  on July 11th and issued a vin # with a completion date of July 18th. Now I am informed that the expected completion date is September 13th. How can it go into production and not finish until two months later? My SA claims the car will be finished much earlier but the factory closes on August 6th for a couple of weeks. 

My biggest concern is getting the car before Trump imposes the 25% tariff. Had Porsche stuck to the July completion, I would have been fine. Now with the later production date, I doubt I will avoid the tariff which will cause me to not to take the car.surprise

--

Being adventurous can be risky but routine is lethal.

Sorry to hear Nick - did you tick boxes for Exclusive options ? I know of some GT3/RS buyers whose cars (otherwise finished) had to wait for a couple of weeks due to supply chain issues with Exclusive stuff. I keep my fingers crossed that finally everything works out well for you and that you won't be affected by the crazy tariff stuff.

--

Daily Driver 991 Carrera T (June 2018), Canyon Carver 981 Spyder, Track Machine 997 GT3

Porsche-Jeck:

Sorry to hear Nick - did you tick boxes for Exclusive options ? I know of some GT3/RS buyers whose cars (otherwise finished) had to wait for a couple of weeks due to supply chain issues with Exclusive stuff. I keep my fingers crossed that finally everything works out well for you and that you won't be affected by the crazy tariff stuff.

Standard car no special requests or CXX items. More frustrating is I just read a post from a guy in LA whose build date was later advising his car completion date and delivery date has moved up a week with delivery mid September. WTF!crying

--

nberry:

Not sure what’s going on at the factory. My car entered production  on July 11th and issued a vin # with a completion date of July 18th. Now I am informed that the expected completion date is September 13th. How can it go into production and not finish until two months later? My SA claims the car will be finished much earlier but the factory closes on August 6th for a couple of weeks. 

My biggest concern is getting the car before Trump imposes the 25% tariff. Had Porsche stuck to the July completion, I would have been fine. Now with the later production date, I doubt I will avoid the tariff which will cause me to not to take the car.surprise

Nick,my car is ready from the 8 June...I have the VIN,but seems will be V300 only the 27 July.Smiley

Maybe it is at the Exclusive...I have some minor things to do there,but there are also words on something regarding quality control more meticulous that let the building of the car slower.

they promised me to have the car with plates on the 3 August before my dealer goes on holiday..I think is impossible...but finger crossed.

the more we wait the more we will enjoy the car.Smiley

--

nberry:

Nick, I did tell you this will be the scenario cause the factory is closed.

even when you car is co played it still needed to go through validation and when the factory is closed no one is doing validation. 

--

Many sources including my dealer claim the factory closes August 6th. If correct, my car which started production on July 11th is sitting somewhere with other cars with later build dates going past it.

I have to believe the system has no caught up with what is really going on in the manufacturing process.yes

--

Nick, not to make you worry more, but my car (a PTS Touring with only one CXX option) has been in production since February and has a final CP8 date of last friday. 

Been told many things over the last few months and the stricter QC has been brought up several times.

DuckieRS:

Nick, not to make you worry more, but my car (a PTS Touring with only one CXX option) has been in production since February and has a final CP8 date of last friday. 

Been told many things over the last few months and the stricter QC has been brought up several times.

Interesting. Thanks

Still doesn't explain why others with similar initial expect dates have had their cars completed and in some cases assigned a ship. Meanwhile, my car sits.Smiley Its possible my car run into QC problems while on the production line and had to be pulled off.Smiley

--

I would bet there will be no tarrif regardless. No worries. It, the delay, does seem a bit strange but a first world problem to have. 

Leawood911:

...a first world problem to have. 

That pretty much sums up all “problems” on RT smiley

--

2017 991.2 Carrera 4 GTS | GT Silver Metallic - The GT3 Killah!
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

indecision.

Life can be so cruel...surprise indecision...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

991 GT3.2 pick up April/May 2018. ( Hairy Chest Spec ).

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 Exclusive pick up June 2013. ( Shit Box )

Rennteam Hairy Chest Advisor.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690199 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409566 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255888 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235131 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65618 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858292 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774500 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM