Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    I prefer grey colors. My current F430 is Grigio Silverstone, my Scuderia coming in March 2008 will be Grigio Ferro Met.,a historical Ferrari color from the '50s.
    Ofcourse Rosso Corsa is THE classical favorite Ferrari color and I love it, but I can't convince myself driving a red car.

Did you check how Grigio Ferro looks in real life? Just asking as I also planned to order Grigio Scuro or Medio... until I saw the colors in person...

My two options for the Scuderia are Grigio Medio and Grigio Ferro Met. I have not seen the Grigio Medio, I based my choice on the Lambo color, Grigio Telesto which I think looks very cool. What were your impressions when you saw the Grigio Medio? Grigio Ferro Met. is a great color....you can't go wrong.

The Gallardo in your picture has a color very similar to Grigio Scuro. Basically, Grigio Scuro resembles elephant grey.

The difficult question is how Gridio Medio does look like: Based on the catalogue Grigio Medio is lighter than Grigio Scuro. Based on the color samples shown at the IAA in Frankfurt Grigio Medio is actually darker than Scuro. Very difficult indeed. Also, Grigio Scuro is lighter in real life than in the 50-60 anni color brochure. Very confusing.

However, if you like a color similar to the Lambo color in your picture you can go for Grigio Scuro

I have the actual PPG color samples and Grigio Medio is a grade lighter than Grigio Scuro.......they are both sort of elephant grey.....it is very confusing. Did you manage to have a look at the video? I sent an email to Ferrari Italy, regional sales manager with the video link to inquire about the color of that specific Scuderia. It won't be difficult to trace....not many Scuderias delivered yet and definitely not in that color. I will get a feedback and post it here for future reference.

Have you personally seen Grigio Scuro.....what do you think of it?

The topic is really confusing. For example, your Grigio Medio sample seems to be lighter than Grigio Scuro. However, the color samples shown at the IAA were different (Medio darker than Scuro). Even worse, an official Ferrari Germany representative confirmed to me that the sample in the 50-60 anni brochure is wrong... Complete confusion

What I know for sure is that the 599 at display on the Ferrari IAA booth was in Grigio Scuro (we checked the color plate inside of the car). This grey is very, very similar to the Lambo grey. I would describe it as elephant grey. For illustration, I will post some pictures of the IAA car below.

The 430 Scuderia in your video seeems to be darker than the Grigio Scuro I have seen. I would be very interested in which color this car is?

BTW: I finally decided for Daytona Black. Maybe, Daytona Black is a bit boring. However, you can't go wrong with it either On the 599, I did not like Grigio Scuro enough to take the risk of ordering it...

Re: Favorite Ferrari Color

Here is the picture (including a historic Ferrari in the same color)

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Tarek, welcome here ...
    is this the same color you look for ?

Thank you Patriek .

It looks slightly lighter than the color in the video as well as the PPG color samples I have, but it might just be the light effect. What's the name of that color?

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    I prefer grey colors. My current F430 is Grigio Silverstone, my Scuderia coming in March 2008 will be Grigio Ferro Met.,a historical Ferrari color from the '50s.
    Ofcourse Rosso Corsa is THE classical favorite Ferrari color and I love it, but I can't convince myself driving a red car.

Did you check how Grigio Ferro looks in real life? Just asking as I also planned to order Grigio Scuro or Medio... until I saw the colors in person...

My two options for the Scuderia are Grigio Medio and Grigio Ferro Met. I have not seen the Grigio Medio, I based my choice on the Lambo color, Grigio Telesto which I think looks very cool. What were your impressions when you saw the Grigio Medio? Grigio Ferro Met. is a great color....you can't go wrong.

The Gallardo in your picture has a color very similar to Grigio Scuro. Basically, Grigio Scuro resembles elephant grey.

The difficult question is how Gridio Medio does look like: Based on the catalogue Grigio Medio is lighter than Grigio Scuro. Based on the color samples shown at the IAA in Frankfurt Grigio Medio is actually darker than Scuro. Very difficult indeed. Also, Grigio Scuro is lighter in real life than in the 50-60 anni color brochure. Very confusing.

However, if you like a color similar to the Lambo color in your picture you can go for Grigio Scuro

I have the actual PPG color samples and Grigio Medio is a grade lighter than Grigio Scuro.......they are both sort of elephant grey.....it is very confusing. Did you manage to have a look at the video? I sent an email to Ferrari Italy, regional sales manager with the video link to inquire about the color of that specific Scuderia. It won't be difficult to trace....not many Scuderias delivered yet and definitely not in that color. I will get a feedback and post it here for future reference.

The topic is really confusing. For example, your Grigio Medio sample seems to be lighter than Grigio Scuro. However, the color samples shown at the IAA were different (Medio darker than Scuro). Even worse, an official Ferrari Germany representative confirmed to me that the sample in the 50-60 anni brochure is wrong... Complete confusion

What I know for sure is that the 599 at display on the Ferrari IAA booth was in Grigio Scuro (we checked the color plate inside of the car). This grey is very, very similar to the Lambo grey. I would describe it as elephant grey.
    The 430 Scuderia in your video seeems to be darker than the Grigio Scuro I have seen. I would be very interested in which color this car is?

I see your point.......incredibly confusing . I will definitely get a reply from Italy with regards to the Scuderia in the video.....that should clear things. I will also verify with them which of the colors is lighter, Grigio Scuro or Grigio Medio.
    Thanks for your help.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Here is the picture (including a historic Ferrari in the same color)

Btw., can you please post a larger picture of that 375 America? Thanks

Here you go

Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    I will definitely get a reply from Italy with regards to the Scuderia in the video.....that should clear things. I will also verify with them which of the colors is lighter, Grigio Scuro or Grigio Medio.
    Thanks for your help.

I would be highly interested in what Ferrari Italy will tell you on this subject

Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:

What I know for sure is that the 599 at display on the Ferrari IAA booth was in Grigio Scuro (we checked the color plate inside of the car). This grey is very, very similar to the Lambo grey. I would describe it as elephant grey.

I see your point.......incredibly confusing . I will definitely get a reply from Italy with regards to the Scuderia in the video.....that should clear things. I will also verify with them which of the colors is lighter, Grigio Scuro or Grigio Medio.
    Thanks for your help.

Hi, please let us know the colour in the video, i think that look really special on this car, love it. thanks.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Here you go

Excellent.....thanks . Now that color could look quite aggressive on a Scuderia. Hmmm.....I need to make up my mind and fast.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    I will definitely get a reply from Italy with regards to the Scuderia in the video.....that should clear things. I will also verify with them which of the colors is lighter, Grigio Scuro or Grigio Medio.
    Thanks for your help.

I would be highly interested in what Ferrari Italy will tell you on this subject

Turbo4ever said:

Quote:Hi, please let us know the colour in the video, i think that look really special on this car, love it. thanks.

I will definitely revert back with Italy's answer.

Glad to see you here Tarek!

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    Glad to see you here Tarek!

Thank you Georges ..........great to meet some familiar names.

Grigio Scuro 792

It has been resolved. I have received today the information with regards to the color of the Scuderia in the video from Mr. Cavagna, Ferrari Regional Manager Middle East & Africa.

Here is the reply:

"Tarek, the 430 Scuderia is our PS 4 (pre-series) VIN 155219 with number plate L4 13406.
    Colour for the exterior is GRIGIO SCURO 792 from the '50-'60 colour range . Modis code for the colour range is PNTC, then the dealer must specify the GRIGIO SCURO 792 colour.
    My recommendation: remember to order as well the racing livery code PNT4 and the brake calipers in aluminium code CALA

Best regards.

Marco Cavagna"

Re: Grigio Scuro 792

So that's your final call Tarek? Grigio Scudo with stripes?

Quote:
    MKSGR said:

What I know for sure is that the 599 at display on the Ferrari IAA booth was in Grigio Scuro (we checked the color plate inside of the car). This grey is very, very similar to the Lambo grey. I would describe it as elephant grey. For illustration, I will post some pictures of the IAA car below.

Here is another email I just received from Italy. Obviously the gentleman in Germany at the IAA was mistaken.

"Tarek,

GRIGIO SCURO 792 (scuro means dark) is darker than GRIGIO MEDIO 791 since medio means "medium".
    Yellow calipers are fine in any case.
    Pictures are unfortunately not available, run to the dealer and order your car without hesitation, then send me the pictures once you take delivery!!!

Marco"

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    So that's your final call Tarek? Grigio Scudo with stripes?

Grigio Scuro without stripes.......I hope I'm doing the right thing .

Quote:
    Tarek_K said:
    It has been resolved. I have received today the information with regards to the color of the Scuderia in the video from Mr. Cavagna, Ferrari Regional Manager Middle East & Africa.

Here is the reply:

"Tarek, the 430 Scuderia is our PS 4 (pre-series) VIN 155219 with number plate L4 13406.
    Colour for the exterior is GRIGIO SCURO 792 from the '50-'60 colour range . Modis code for the colour range is PNTC, then the dealer must specify the GRIGIO SCURO 792 colour.
    My recommendation: remember to order as well the racing livery code PNT4 and the brake calipers in aluminium code CALA

Best regards.

Marco Cavagna"

Thanks for posting

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Tarek_K said:

Here is the reply:

Best regards.

Marco Cavagna"

Thanks for posting

Cool .

thanks to tony h from ferrarichat

sorry if re-post

this would be the colour i would order , red gets a little boring after a few cars

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/211048/ferrari_430_scuderia.html

ALL the 430 Scud's colors are desirable !!!! Wish there was some kind of magic button that would enables you to change everyday the color!!!! From Giallo to red then... why not grigio silverstone or TDF or white ororororor !!!! God it's hard to choose

Quote:
    Georges G. Hayek said:
    ............God it's hard to choose

I hear you .

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    781511 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442722 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263429 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261801 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85912 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5964 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881556 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819342 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM