Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari SUV now inevitable

RC:
    noone1:
    xander71:

Who in the hell needs a suv ferrari??? Why??? I hate suv of any brand, especialyy those from the supersport brands, there are just so many suv , well all new cars are more or less suv, just dont do it and you remain particular, noble, etc...if even marchionne has decide it it must have been already developed and the mules must be running somewhere, i think that running after this trend will in along term scenario be bad for ferrari loosing their allure and invest that money to develop the suv in formula 1 or other categories and win, that will bring to ferrari more than selling 5000 suv per year i guess.

so in the word there will be just a couple of producers that dont have suv for sale.....i love them

How else are people supposed to know you're rich in the Winter?

Guys, wait until you are married, have kids, need more luggage room and want to drive a nice car with the family together as well. I love SUVs, wouldn't probably own one without kids but I see the advantages and the comfort of a SUV. Can't wait to get my GLC 63 S AMG, not exactly a larger SUV but should be fun to drive.

Those lame ass Diesel SUVs around? Horrendous, boring as hell, not fun to drive. High performance SUVs with lots of horses, a good chassis and some nice interior? Delicious. Smiley 

I'm pretty sure my family and friends would rather be sitting comfy in an extended wheelbase Range Rover than crammed in a Ferrari crossover. Dogs doubly so.

noone1:

I'm pretty sure my family and friends would rather be sitting comfy in an extended wheelbase Range Rover than crammed in a Ferrari crossover. Dogs doubly so.

Ferrari crossover? Have you looked at the Urus? This thing is gigantic. Also, people who get these cars don't drive longer distances. The longest distance we drove over the past 10 years or so, as a family, was 500 km.

The GLC 63 S AMG is perfectly sized for a family of four (incl. the luggage room, which almost fits as much as the Cayenne does, we tried) in my opinion, the Macan luggage room (boot) was a bit too "small" (in the sense that we had to use smaller soft bags instead of suitcases to fit everything in).

Station wagons? Well, I considered getting the RS6 but to my surprise, neither my wife nor the kids really liked it and the luggage room is not necessarily bigger, even if it seems or says so.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Wow ..an rs6 would be my choice over any suv on the planet. 

I have family 2 kids and we ride a lot with the family, a lot of friends have suv and i cannot find 1 reason to have one, so

we are always having a lot of funny discussions..pro suv and anti suv like me....once i realized stickers of a famous plumber and put it one my friends cayenne turbo...and he then realized stickers on my red sw (fire departmet)....

back to ferrari i think it much cooler to remain one of the few that dont have it rather then be the last one to produce a suv

--

993 c2

xander71:

Wow ..an rs6 would be my choice over any suv on the planet. 

The RS6 was surprisingly boring, never expected that when I had my first test-drive of the new RS6 Performance. Smiley Had even one with Akrapovic (Audi Sport) sport exhaust for a week(!) as a loaner but actually disliked it even more after that week. Sound is not even close to an AMG V8 (incl. the latest turbos), power is good but unspectacular and the interior is boring as well. Biggest disappointment ever and I really wanted one as a family car. Cannot say I liked the SQ7 more but comparable, believe it or not. The SQ7 is a Diesel with much less power.

I have family 2 kids and we ride a lot with the family, a lot of friends have suv and i cannot find 1 reason to have one, so

Have you ever driven a Cayenne Turbo? Try the latest one, you may get addicted. Smiley

we are always having a lot of funny discussions..pro suv and anti suv like me....once i realized stickers of a famous plumber and put it one my friends cayenne turbo...and he then realized stickers on my red sw (fire departmet)....

back to ferrari i think it much cooler to remain one of the few that dont have it rather then be the last one to produce a suv

Ferrari is just a car company and they need to survive. It would be foolish of them to ignore future markets.

Lamborghini has already over 2000(!) Urus orders (dealer orders and test-cars not included!!!).

Later on, they can add hybrids or even make full ELVs out of these cars, it makes a lot of sense. There is a market for these cars.

I assume that the Ferrari SUV will share lots of parts with the next generation Jeep Grand Cherokee but it is just a wild guess. It makes sense for Fiat Chrysler to use synergy effects for Jeep, Maserati and Ferrari, maybe other brands.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Ferrari making SUV is fully expected, no big deal at all.  My wife's hair dryer has Ferrari brand on it.  Kids are wearing Ferrari logo T shirts and runners.  Really a no big deal brand in my eyes, although I will still want to own a Ferrari sport car in the future just for the sake of ownership experience.

My 2 SUVs at home got the most usage out of all my cars.  Can park everywhere, good spaces for kids and school bags and groceries etc.  Very glad Porsche is making SUVs so I don't need to shop other brands.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

The rs6 boring??? Wow could never have immagine that. You have drove it..then I believe you, my uncle had the cayenne turbo and then I drove a 996 turbo, and I have to admit that it (cayenne) was a really fast car, but forget having fun with it, i remeber it was just fast . No power slide...etc...all those funny things that i love to do are not possible with suv, but with powerfull sw yes.

I m strange, I really dont like suv, especially with sportcars brand, but i could easy live with a electric supersport car.

I love old cars, modern sportcars, but I really dont like the normal cars they are all the same and boring bmw audi merced ford jaguar vw skoda all corean etc.... Hard to recon them without a badge.

now im just waitng for the Ducati scooter......

and probably ferrari will make profit with the fuv, but the world is to much about money money....why dont live with 8000 sportcars per year and good profit and remain there.????

--

993 c2

xander71:

The rs6 boring??? Wow could never have immagine that. You have drove it..then I believe you, my uncle had the cayenne turbo and then I drove a 996 turbo, and I have to admit that it (cayenne) was a really fast car, but forget having fun with it, i remeber it was just fast . No power slide...etc...all those funny things that i love to do are not possible with suv, but with powerfull sw yes.

I m strange, I really dont like suv, especially with sportcars brand, but i could easy live with a electric supersport car.

I love old cars, modern sportcars, but I really dont like the normal cars they are all the same and boring bmw audi merced ford jaguar vw skoda all corean etc.... Hard to recon them without a badge.

now im just waitng for the Ducati scooter......

and probably ferrari will make profit with the fuv, but the world is to much about money money....why dont live with 8000 sportcars per year and good profit and remain there.????

I think that Ferrari needs to think about the future and also about not losing customers to other brands. Many Ferrari owners also own a SUV, it isn't much different with Lamborghini owners. SUVs also have more room to adapt new technologies, make hybrids, full ELVs maybe and whatnot. Also they can use the same platform Fiat Chrysler uses for other SUV products in the family.

--

at the dealer's meeting last week marchionne said that ferrari does not believe in all that s....t (like electrification, SUV.....) but they just have to play the game or risk being swept away.

I agree with electrification, since if the Tesla super car prestanda are true, the old school is far to slow compared and then need to do something about it, (Just talking prestanda , not handling on track etc...), if porsche is doing the electrification NOT with a sport car, but with a 4 door probably today the technology cannot handle a true sport car , maybe to heavy with the batteties that will negativle infuence handling, my guess...we will see.

--

993 c2

Aston Martin is also coming with an SUV and they are targeting Ferrari . They plan to become bigger then Ferrari and want to be the next on the stock market ..... Lots of rivalry  between the Aston owner and Ferrari ....

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:

Aston Martin is also coming with an SUV and they are targeting Ferrari . They plan to become bigger then Ferrari and want to be the next on the stock market ..... Lots of rivalry  between the Aston owner and Ferrari ....

well, good. but so far aston only qualifies for a junk bond.

pmarkow:
    Gnil:

Last year's production has for the first time ever been over 5'000 cars ( 5'100 ) .  They could well be a on turn around . Production of new Vantage is supposed to be all sold out for 2018

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Gnil:
    pmarkow:
    Gnil:

Last year's production has for the first time ever been over 5'000 cars ( 5'100 ) .  They could well be a on turn around . Production of new Vantage is supposed to be all sold out for 2018

things improved when mercedes came in. still, i do not trust their engineering. reminds me of quality of typical UK victorian houses:::)))

That idea (of limiting production to keep exclusivity) went out the window when Ferrari went public.

Now profit is the number one goal and trumps everything else.

In the USA a Ferrari SUV will sell like pancakes since basically they will force a sale (or two) to get a sport car allocation the way they did with the FF and the Californias. This will give some competition to the Urus which is a good thing.

The more luxury SUVs, the better. Meaning competition and competition means interesting offers along the way. Like you said, a good thing. For usindecision kiss

--

I have no issue with lambo and Ferrari entering the SUV game.

times are changing and either you adapt or you are out of the market.

on the contrary, I love lambo but could never really have seen myself in a ´huracan or aventador....but the urus is certainly an interesting car that allow to be driven in ways a sportscar simply cannot.

plenty of places in the world that do not offer roads that are suited to sportscars and the high power SUV fit in perfectly.

I don't see it as diluting the brand...I see it as expanding the portfolio.

Porsche diluted the brand much more by 4 cylinder cars and lower end offerings. Porsche to me nowadays is a car brand not a sportscar brand....but still in a positive way.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

Porsche diluted the brand much more by 4 cylinder cars and lower end offerings. Porsche to me nowadays is a car brand not a sportscar brand....but still in a positive way.

I thought Porsche is a SUV brand Smiley

anyway, enjoy our sport cars for another 15 to 20 years, then most of the cars will be self driven, electric, etc.  Gas price will be too high, gasoline cars may not be worth much, or hard to find stores or parts to fix them...

young kids these days do not care about learning to drive, too bad they don't know what they are missing.

--

Tim

2010 997.2 GT3RS;  2008 Cayenne Turbo;  2006 911 Club Coupe;  2016 911 GTS Club Coupe;  2015 Macan S

Targa Tim:
    intouch1:

anyway, enjoy our sport cars for another 15 to 20 years, then most of the cars will be self driven, electric, etc.  Gas price will be too high, gasoline cars may not be worth much, or hard to find stores or parts to fix them...

young kids these days do not care about learning to drive, too bad they don't know what they are missing.

porsche = suv brand..ahhahahahhah, that made me laugh...you did the pix of today...so keep all real cars they will be worth a lot of money...

--

993 c2

Targa Tim:
    intouch1:

Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689629 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409277 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255768 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235004 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65529 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858033 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774080 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM