Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: News on the 430 Replacement

MKSGR:
    Futch:
    Gnil:

I have never considered buying a Ferrari, was not a big fan, but the shape of the car is appealing. Now I wonder if that would be the ultimate sports car to have ( excluding supercars)  Nicer to drive then a Gt3 RS ?

GT3RS is difficult to better in term of driving pleasure.

One of my latest toys is a Scuderia and although mighty impressive, it's not as rewarding to drive as my RS.

The F430 and the Scud's steeting are too light, it's a shame. But the rest of the car of pretty awesome.

Futch, I agree that the GT3RS or GT2 feel faster than the Scuderia. However, the remarkable thing with the Scuderia is that it actually is as fast as the GT models of Porsche despite the "different" feel...

I didn't write that. The Scud is quicker than the RS, no contest, although a close one.

I am even quicker in my Scud than with the Carrera GT and I barely know the Scud, it's just so easy to drive fast, even wihtout electronics. The chassis is extremely well sorted and very forgiving.

I was talking about feel, which is something difficult to put in wording I'll conceed, but for me, the RS is a more rewarding car to drive than the Scud. Its chassis is more communicative, and that's mostly down IMO to the steering.

Futch:
    MKSGR:
    Futch:
    Gnil:

I have never considered buying a Ferrari, was not a big fan, but the shape of the car is appealing. Now I wonder if that would be the ultimate sports car to have ( excluding supercars)  Nicer to drive then a Gt3 RS ?

One of my latest toys is a Scuderia and although mighty impressive, it's not as rewarding to drive as my RS.

The F430 and the Scud's steeting are too light, it's a shame. But the rest of the car of pretty awesome.

Futch, I agree that the GT3RS or GT2 feel faster than the Scuderia. However, the remarkable thing with the Scuderia is that it actually is as fast as the GT models of Porsche despite the "different" feel...

I didn't write that. The Scud is quicker than the RS, no contest, although a close one.

I am even quicker in my Scud than with the Carrera GT and I barely know the Scud, it's just so easy to drive fast, even wihtout electronics. The chassis is extremely well sorted and very forgiving.

I was talking about feel, which is something difficult to put in wording I'll conceed, but for me, the RS is a more rewarding car to drive than the Scud. Its chassis is more communicative, and that's mostly down IMO to the steering.

I know what you mean: the Scuderia does not feel that fast (feels more like sitting on the road vs. glued to the track like GT2/GT3, light steering, understeer etc.) - until you do an actual comparison on the track. Then it becomes clear that the Scuderia is indeed amazingly fast Smiley Very easy to drive fast. Easier, probably, than to drive fast with a GT3 or GT2.

Futch:
    MKSGR:
    Futch:
    Gnil:

i guess it's easy to be faster in the scud than in a CGT....it's a pretty difficult machine at or near the limit.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Futch:
    MKSGR:
    Futch:
    Gnil:

Thanks for your real life experience points of view. I guess I would need to try both in order to realy know.....but I get what you mean .

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Futch, Markus, great post! Very valuable insight in the driving dynamics of great sport cars.  

--

but absolute nothing to do with 430 replacement.....

We know just about everything important regarding the 430 replacement. NA between 550-580hp direct injection. DCT  CS brakes.  Styling; rear similar to 599 and CA GT . Exhaust mid-center of the rear. Front lights curved toward center with day time LEDS. Side silhouette very similar to 430 and Scud. Price around $250,000.

Performance on par if not marginally faster than the Scud.

Need any more info?Smiley

--

I drove the scud today, that car is an animal Smiley the sound it makes is completely intoxicating Smiley  surely the F430 replacement wont be belting out such sound...completely insane Smiley

--
    There's only one car, there's only one Porsche

Anyone else going to Maranello on September 9th? Wonder what that could be for Smiley Smiley Smiley

ISUK:

Anyone else going to Maranello on September 9th? Wonder what that could be for Smiley Smiley Smiley

You think?Smiley

BTW, how did you get your invite?Email, dealer or personal letter?

--

Great drawing, ingegnere!

This must be very, very close to the final thing. I agree with the front, especially the front bumper,

which has a bit more innovation (in comparisron with my drawing).

The back is a bit risky because of the outlets and because we have nothing seen on the spy shots.

But i like it and the whole car of course. We will seen a very beautiful ferrari next weekend on the web!

Any suggestions about the length? 4,40 m or near 4,50 m?

Personal invitation by my dealer Nick. Should be a good trip Smiley

ISUK:

Personal invitation by my dealer Nick. Should be a good trip Smiley

I have no doubt you will enjoy it. I believe it is before the official unveiling in Frankfurt. Too far for me to go.

--

The car is being shown to Dealer Principals on the 7th and 8th with the customer presentation at Maranello on the 9th followed by the public launch at the Frankfurt show.

nberry:

We know just about everything important regarding the 430 replacement. NA between 550-580hp direct injection. DCT  CS brakes.  Styling; rear similar to 599 and CA GT . Exhaust mid-center of the rear. Front lights curved toward center with day time LEDS. Side silhouette very similar to 430 and Scud. Price around $250,000.

Yes. Can I order one if I have never bought a Ferrari before?

That is a myth! It/s not even logic!  "you can't buy a ferrari if you don't own one".....ok ok....so how to buy your first ferrari if you don't have one?????? It's like that with the chicken and the egg.

You can even get one of those 499 allegedly sold-out Scuderia 16M Spider, so I assume getting the new F142 won't be that difficult. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Arhimede:

That is a myth! It/s not even logic!  "you can't buy a ferrari if you don't own one".....ok ok....so how to buy your first ferrari if you don't have one?????? It's like that with the chicken and the egg.

Actually, in the past, you couldn't buy a NEW Ferrari at MSRP.

You could however buy a USED one at "market" prices.

No more though, between Ferrari rising MSRP and the economy tanking, you can get whatever you want.

Ferrari raising their MSRP significantly is one way to help themselves (i.e., Ferrari the company, not the dealerships), while at the same time, reduce the waiting list shenanigans.  I wonder what the volume will be like, though, compared to the 430.  Because of the economy, the volume might have to be reduced.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

boytronic:
    nberry:

Sadly, this car is in high demand and existing Ferrari customers will have priority. Since it will be limited production, the chances of a first time Ferrari buyer getting one at MSRP are almost nil.

--

Nick, is that $250K for the coupe or the spyder?

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Coupe. The base Spider will be closer to $275,000. 

--

What is the MSRP for the 2009 F430 coupe?

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

I am not sure but I believe it is around $210,000. 

--

That's a healthy price increase.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

boytronic:
    nberry:

Try ringing around a few dealers but I wouldn't hold your breath. They don't officially know yet when deliveries are due to begin and as Nick says the mid engined V8 models are always in high demand at launch so dealers will look to supply existing customers first. Ferrari are also cutting back on UK allocation to restore balance to the used market and keep residuals strong.

People have had deposits down on these for several years but you may get lucky if someone drops out though that's unlikely as cars will be sold on for premiums for at least 12 months possibly longer. Sorry my news isn't more positive Smiley

Wasn't the MSRP foe F430 in Erope around 146-150k€ ??

If this will be 220k€ that will be crazy, and I don't think there will be a long waiting list for this one...

Just look how many scuderias are on autoscout.de...

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

The base price of F430 jumped significantly in 2007 when carbon brakes were made standard and the warranty was lengthened to 4 years (in the UK market at any rate).

janus:

Wasn't the MSRP foe F430 in Erope around 146-150k€ ??

If this will be 220k€ that will be crazy, and I don't think there will be a long waiting list for this one...

Just look how many scuderias are on autoscout.de...

F430 F1 started at around 145k back in 2005. Including CCM as standard has risen the price by 15k and Ferrari had several "regular" price increases over the last couple of years as well, resulting in a base price for a F430 F1 with CCM of 176.500 for the coupé and 193.400 for the Spider.

Last price for the Scuderia was 206.300 BTW.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

^well sh*t at this rate I don't know when I'll be able to buy one... it keeps escaping me!

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690277 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409611 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255913 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235148 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65628 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858317 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774544 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM