Crown

Board: Porsche - Taycan Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Mission E...the future of Porsche?

Whoopsy:
    RC:

We live in the 21st century, you cannot avoid this stuff anymore, just make sure you are as safe as possible. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

For what reason?

I get traffic updates from Satellite radio. 

And Siri is just basically a button press away. 

No need for car to be connected.

--

Dude, how can I scare my wife with a remotely operated horn without the car being connected to the internet? Smiley

Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Dude, how can I scare my wife with a remotely operated horn without the car being connected to the internet? Smiley

Smiley

I can... my Volvo has an alarm button on the key which enables me to honk the horn at a distance...

And you're right Christian, it's difficult to avoid this kind of connectedness, but to be honest, if I could, I would.
    It is bad enough that you sell your soul to the devil when using a smartphone, no need for companies to monitor what programs I watch when I use a "smart" TV, no need for car manufacturers to monitor my each and every step and behavior on the road either...

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    RC:

Smiley

I can... my Volvo has an alarm button on the key which enables me to honk the horn at a distance...

And you're right Christian, it's difficult to avoid this kind of connectedness, but to be honest, if I could, I would.
    It is bad enough that you sell your soul to the devil when using a smartphone, no need for companies to monitor what programs I watch when I use a "smart" TV, no need for car manufacturers to monitor my each and every step and behavior on the road either...

Trust me, I am more skeptical about this tech than many here but we have no choice I'm afraid. The ship has sailed once we made a deal with the devil...oops...Google and accepted their free services. Smiley This business model has been continued by others and it gets worse and worse. Only Apple seems to try to find a different approach but make no mistake, they collect data as well and will probably sell their soul too...if business slows down and they have to. 

Personal data has become a business and we have to deal with it, if we like it or not. I just hope that we won't have to deal with this data collection on a different (much scarier) level in a possible dystopian version of our future. Smiley

--

Cars will be connected to the Internet for V2V and V2I, it's inevitable.

I dont know what V2V and V2I are, but yes, I know it is inevitable. Doesn't mean I have to like it....

--

Vehicle to Vehicle, Vehicle to Infrastructure. These are essential in improving safety and driving in general.

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    RC:

We live in the 21st century, you cannot avoid this stuff anymore, just make sure you are as safe as possible. 

--

For what reason?

I get traffic updates from Satellite radio. 

And Siri is just basically a button press away. 

No need for car to be connected.

--

Smiley

You are RIGHT! 

I forgot about that, cause I did uses the horns to scare the foreman when they are in the shop.

--

noone1:

Vehicle to Vehicle, Vehicle to Infrastructure. These are essential in improving safety and driving in general.

I am in full support of that if I have the master control in my car so I can move everyone else out of the way.

--

I tried to use Siri the other day, and asked her to tell my wife to be dressed in sexy undies and wait for me in a warm bed. Siri replied. “Yeah, in your dreams”.  Technology is uselesslaugh

Happy holidays to all👍

Wonderbar:

I tried to use Siri the other day, and asked her to tell my wife to be dressed in sexy undies and wait for me in a warm bed. Siri replied. “Yeah, in your dreams”.  Technology is uselesslaugh

Happy holidays to all👍

Smiley Smiley

--

Smiley

--

2016 Porsche 991 Carrera GTS  Black with AeroKit Cup Package,  2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum  Purpurite Metallic, New York

"Porsche Mission E to come in three power levels"

► New Porsche electric sports car

► Mission E to come in three power levels

► On sale 2019, priced like Panamera

Porsche is planning to offer its Mission E electric sports car in three different power outputs, CAR has learned, and will price the fast four-door in a similar ballpark to the Cayenne and Panamera. This points to a launch price of around £60,000 in the UK when sales start in 2019.

Offering a choice of performance levels gives the Porsche EV a wider market appeal, different price points and an answer to the Tesla Model S, which also comes in 75D, 100D and P100D flavours. We understand the Mission E will be available with some very familiar-sounding badges, reflecting the performance ladder:

• Carrera 300kW equivalent to 396bhp
    • Carrera S 400kW equivalent to 529bhp
    • Turbo 500kW equivalent to 661bhp

Spy photos: the new 2019 Porsche Mission E

The all-electric four-door sports car concept that caused such a stir at the 2015 Frankfurt motor show, is entering the latter stages of development before sales start in 2019. We've caught it on test in -20C chill in Sweden - a brutal environment for a battery-powered car and Porsche's engineers are ensuring that the cells don't collapse in extremes of temperature and that range anxiety isn't brought on by a frost.

Our latest scoop pics follow on from earlier shots of prototypes in Germany benchmarking against a fleet of Tesla Model S and Model X electric cars (below). Hardly a surprise that, but proof of just how disruptive the Silicon Valley start-up has become. Porsche Mission E benchmarking against Tesla Model S, Model X

These early prototypes were the first tangible evidence of the Model E inching closer to production. Clad in black camouflage, it's hard to make out much of the style but we're promised the finished cars will look more concept car than Panamera.

The boss speaks: Porsche boss gives details on the Mission E

Chairman Oliver Blume updated CAR on many of the key details of the project, including plenty of new nuggets:

• On sale by end of 2019
    • Designed to plug gap between Panamera and 911
    • Electric-only powertrain, no combustion engines
    • Different power output motors will be offered
    • Badges 'likely' to follow conventional Porsche hierarchy (S, GTS etc)
    • Porsche Mission E 'priced like entry-level Panamera'
    • Different bodystyles possible in longer run

Speaking at the 2017 Frankfurt show, Blume said the project was on schedule and prototypes would be heading out on public tests soon. 'We are in series engineering phase,' he confirmed to CAR. Which is why it keeps popping up in our Spyshots section...

Porsche Mission E: the background

Porsche’s supervisory board confirmed in 2015 that the production version of the Mission E would be launched ‘by the end of the decade.’ This is the first fully electric Porsche – and it won't be the last. ‘With Mission E, we are making a clear statement about the future of the brand,’ said Porsche board chairman Dr. Wolfgang Porsche, speaking in 2015. ‘Even in a greatly changing motoring world, Porsche will maintain its front-row position with this fascinating sports car.’

Porsche Mission E: on sale by end of 2019

The Mission E production project is expected to create more than 1000 new jobs at Porsche’s Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen base. Around €700m are being invested in the site, with a new assembly plant on the way and the engine factory being expanded for the production of electric motors.

In the wake of the ongoing emissions scandal rocking Porsche’s parent company VW, electric drivetrain technology is being fast-tracked throughout the Volkswagen empire.

Link: Car magazine article

"Dream Day: 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS and 2020 Porsche Mission E"

(27th December 2017)

The track is still moist in spots, the marbles on both sides of the racing line shout “caution,” and the maintenance squad has begun to steam clean the roadside drainage system. Tension is in the air as we approach today’s subject. Only three people have driven this car so far without a watchdog in the passenger seat. I’ll be number four.

Over the last 24 months, Porsche’s hand-built, electric-powered sport sedan—the metallic white Mission E that’s charged fully and ready to roll—has clocked less than 200 miles, most of them until today on the Portimão circuit in Portugal. To drive it, you need permission from the board of directors and a highly specialized crew trained to deal with the bytes and possible bugs that could befall the one-off, high-voltage prima donna.

The four-door Mission E is more compact than the Panamera, but it’s still quite comfortable for passengers in the back seat.

This is no stripped-down test mule. It has electric doors, windows, and seats. Its cockpit features five animated round instruments and a center stack tiled with one big touchscreen. The classy, glossy all-black electronic altar (not functional at the time of our encounter) is seamless, curved, and conveniently arranged, and it will be intuitive to use, according to Porsche. Today its functions are restricted to the push-button parking brake and the tiny three-step R-N-D gear-selector toggle. The ambience is clearly more iPad than rotary-dial telephone, but designers also applied classic luxury touches including supple leather with matching wood and metal accents.

The Mission E aspires to blend speed and effortlessness, a real-life range of 300 miles, and the ability to recharge to 80 percent in 20 minutes or less.

Despite the car’s low H-point and sloping roofline, the position of its two comfortable rear seats is surprisingly relaxed thanks to the so-called foot garage, a deep recess in the floorpan that splits the battery tray. “The production version is in essence a C-segment sedan with an almost D-size interior,” explains project leader Stefan Weckbach. “Visually, the car combines 911 overtones with fresh proportions and very good space utilization even though the Mission E is notably more compact than the Panamera.”

Step into the future: While its suicide doors are concept only, the luxe leather, wood, and metal accents will make it to the production version of the Mission E.

The Mission E also has a lap timer. “Why not?” says project engineer Michael Behr. “This car is smog-free but is also a hoot to drive thanks to the low center of gravity, the dedicated air suspension, and the precise steering. Make no mistake: This is a proper Porsche through and through.”

Speaking of proper Porsches, the all-new 911 GT2 RS production No. 0001 we’re also getting a chance to play with at the brand’s Weissach test facility is a brand-defining car. One look at its massive, single-decker rear wing, flared carbon-fiber sills, and protruding horizontal front spoiler is all it takes to understand that this is definitely not your neighbor’s 911. Its black and red color scheme and its three huge nasal air intakes are bound to guarantee more overtaking prestige than a pair of cop cars with lights flashing. All those louvers, ducts, splitters, aprons, skirts, and air blades scattered like a rash across its muscular body are designed to befriend the wind and placate the heat.

Inside this particular GT2 RS is a driver-focused environment. The ultimate 911 has no rear seats, which are swapped out for a standard titanium rollcage. The manual seat adjustment doesn’t even extend to the backrest, but the fragile-looking, thinly padded single-piece bucket feels tailor-made in the way it holds the torso and supports the thighs. There’s no radio or air-conditioning, no navigation or Sport Chrono bubble on the dashboard. All of that is more than OK with us. (Most options can be added if you so desire.)

It’s a car that can practically be operated with your eyes closed for anyone who’s driven a modern 911. The shift paddles made of carbon fiber instead of cold metal are part of the Weissach pack, fitting given the day’s location. They’re tucked behind the fully adjustable Alcantara-swathed steering wheel, which sports a much thicker rim and enough clearance for the longest legs. The two red stripes on the polished PDK transmission shifter gate were used before on the 911 R, and there’s a silver Weissach plaque affixed to the glove-box door. The dashboard layout might be ancient, but everything is still exactly where it should be.

Phenomenal midrange punch and explosive full-throttle acceleration in fourth and fifth gear.

While the man with a laptop runs final tests on the ECU of the Mission E, can I please go play with the GT2 RS? Yes, I’m going to take it easy—at least until the tires reach their working temperature.

Runnin’ down a dream: Unlike what is found inside the well-appointed Mission E, the GT2 RS cockpit is decidedly spartan, but there’s still plenty of room for two.

The red belt snaps into a buckle that sticks out like a small plastic tongue. The dashboard is pure 911 with a twist: When you start the engine, a GT2 RS pictogram shows up briefly in the display to the right of the rev counter. Treading lightly for three laps provides a welcome opportunity to reacquaint myself with the Weissach track, built in 1972. Even the long variant is a short circuit with 13 corners, but because of the great variety of crests, climbs, descents, radii, and surfaces, the roller-coaster drive invariably advances pulse rates.

I know all the numbers, and I’ve been in this car before. And yet flooring the accelerator for the first time in the most powerful 911 ever—managing its mighty forward thrust as the engine plays its delightful flat sextet through its titanium exhaust—is a challenge that requires the complete attention of all your senses. This is a car that couldn’t care less about mere progress, testing the midrange waters, cornering at 70 percent, or braking way before the experience gets interesting. It begs to be whipped—hard.

The nature of Weissach’s miniature Nordschleife layout makes it easy to warm up the massive ultra-high-performance tires. Early on, the front end likes to understeer when entering the circuit’s two tightest kinks, and the ABS feels compelled to step in early. Since it takes braver men than me to deactivate PSM, the rear end contributes only the odd exit wriggle during the temperature-building process. As near-maximum grip manifests itself, the handling balance becomes so sweet and subtle it gives you the chills.

I’m braking later and later now, moving ever closer to the apexes. The secret of superfast progress in the GT2 RS is to let the torque do its job, unwind lock early, keep the revs high, and trust PSM to sort things out on exit even if the second turbo hammer comes down with a bang. It’s also essential to keep a firm grip on the wheel through every transverse ridge, painted curb, and expansion joint. My biggest double dare of the day was to keep the hoof firmly planted from the exit of Weissach’s last bend to the point of no return prior to the first right-hander. Wide-eyed, I briefly saw 169 mph before stomping on the brakes. Next thing I remember was a flag, three stern-looking faces, and an unhappy cleaner who had to start all over again.

While the GT2 RS displays its brilliance lap after lap, the Mission E concept shows flashes of promise. Porsche just started road-testing the first two Panamera-based prototypes, and although the chassis of this rolling exhibition piece will bear little resemblance to the finished product, all essential functions are already working to rule. The steering is sharp, the suspension inspires confidence, the tires stick, the brakes are more than merely competent, and the solitary electric motor kicks butt up to 75 mph. From what we can tell so far, Porsche’s first all-electric vehicle will not compromise driving pleasure. The production plan is to make this car a more committed and rewarding drive than a top-spec Tesla Model S while exhibiting unconditional repeatability at the same time—meaning the batteries and the motors must not heat up excessively. The cell chemistry and single, highly complex cooling circuit must cope with recurrent full discharge cycles. And hourlong, high-speed autobahn driving sessions must not dramatically shrink the range.

It’s easy to get carried away in the GT2 RS at the Weissach test facility—as easy as it is to be impressed by the Mission E.

According to those in the know, Porsche is definitely considering three Mission E models tentatively rated at 300 kW/402 hp, 400 kW/536 hp, and 500 kW/670 hp with badging that will mirror current lineup offerings. All-wheel drive will initially be standard equipment, but Porsche might later offer an entry-level rear-drive version. The front-wheel-drive module reportedly delivers 160 kW/215 hp at 16,000 rpm with a constant peak torque of 221 lb-ft. At full boost, Porsche can briefly claim some 325 lb-ft. There are two different specifications in the works for the rear-drive unit. While the base motor is rated at 240 kW/322 hp and 251 lb-ft, the performance version is good for 320 kW/429 hp and 406 lb-ft, sources say. The two-speed transmission is being developed to allow for full-throttle upshifts, and an electronically controlled limited-slip rear differential will be an option.

There’s nothing theoretical about the GT2 RS, which like the GT3 features rear-wheel steering, plus Porsche’s PASM active damper system (the Sport setting is too firm for all but perfect roads) and carbon-ceramic brakes. Its combination of power, torque, and amazingly impressive handling make it the most effective track car in Porsche’s lineup, including the other models that carry the GT designation. It’s a stark representation of everything Porsche knows about producing quick lap times, short of moving the engine in front of the rear axle as Porsche Motorsport has done with the latest top-dog 911 RSR race car.

Expect the Mission E to be priced between the Cayenne and Panamera and in the neighborhood of the least expensive Tesla Model S—in the $75,000 to $80,000 range.

Lap times aside, it is understandable that plenty of folks will focus their attention and excitement on the twin-turbo powerhouse that growls, roars, shrieks, and yells beneath a carbon-fiber lid. Despite the phenomenal midrange punch and explosive full-throttle acceleration in fourth and fifth gear, the real hell-breaks-lose effect concentrates on the final 1,200 rpm compressed between 6,000 rpm and the rev limiter. There is simply no letup from the flat-six as it beams the car toward 180, 190, 200 mph.

The Mission E, on the other hand, will never be a Vmax hero, although it won’t be a slouch, either, with 0-60-mph times in the mid-3-second range for the quickest model with a 155 mph top speed. This car aspires to blend speed and effortlessness, comfort and charisma, minimum noise and maximum response, a real-life range in the neighborhood of 300 miles, and the ability to recharge the batteries to at least 80 percent capacity in 20 minutes or less. The battery’s energy cells can be charged with an 800-volt capacity (a first for a production automaker) or 400-volt setup. Synchronous motors with permanent magnets will enable superior continuous performance and repeatability while weighing less with more compact dimensions.

Expect the Mission E to be priced between the Cayenne and Panamera and in the neighborhood of the least expensive Tesla Model S, so figure in the $75,000 to $80,000 range to start. While Porsche’s original goal was to build around 20,000 of the high-end EVs per year, the unusually euphoric marketing department recently suggested 10,000 more units be added to the tally. The $294,250 GT2 RS is a different story. No matter how many times we ask, Porsche won’t reveal precisely how many examples it will build of the low-volume model. Unlike the 911 R, which the company capped at 991 units, there is no set number, in part a response to the resale insanity that engulfed the R not long after Porsche delivered those cars. But demand, it says, will exceed supply.

Beneath Kacher is a water tank used to spray the intercooler, keeping intake charge temps down and engine power 
at its maximum.

There is much more to come soon from the Weissach think tank, such as the proposed fully electric 929-style coupe derived from the same DNA, and the all-electric Macan replacement. Also arriving, of course, are the GT3 RS and a Speedster as the last 991 derivatives before the all-new 992-series 911 arrives late next year—complete with a hybrid power pack, which will be added as soon as the market is ready for it. Will the market be ready for the Mission E in late 2019? Porsche is about to find out.

Article Link: http://www.automobilemag.com/news/dream-day-2018-porsche-911-gt2-rs-and-2020-porsche-mission-e/

Thanks for posting!
    I can't believe how incredibly sexy the Mission E looks. If they play this the right way, the entire world will end up wanting one. At that time, everybody will be bored by all the Tesla's and be looking for the next vehicle that shouts "environment friendly", but still will have the cool factor of one of the most valuable sportscar brands....

--

Joost:

Thanks for posting!
    I can't believe how incredibly sexy the Mission E looks. If they play this the right way, the entire world will end up wanting one. At that time, everybody will be bored by all the Tesla's and be looking for the next vehicle that shouts "environment friendly", but still will have the cool factor of one of the most valuable sportscar brands....

Well, you've seen what they do to their other concepts, so it's more likely that the Mission E will just be a cookie cutter Porsche interior, probably very similar to a Panamera. I'd be shocked if Porsche offered anything terribly unique.

noone1:
    Joost:

Thanks for posting!

Well, you've seen what they do to their other concepts, so it's more likely that the Mission E will just be a cookie cutter Porsche interior, probably very similar to a Panamera. I'd be shocked if Porsche offered anything terribly unique.

We have only seen that Porsche usually stocks to the concept as much as possible - Carrera GT, 918 Spyder, etc... 

This car is going to be a huge success if it truly has has the Porsche DNA and I have no daught it will. 

It will be the car to have ! It could also be the one that will make combustion engines obsolete and send them to a thing of the past. 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Boyko23:
    noone1:
    Joost:

Thanks for posting!

We have only seen that Porsche usually stocks to the concept as much as possible - Carrera GT, 918 Spyder, etc... 

Big difference between super low production flagships and a generic sedan...

My guess is it looks 95% like a Panamera inside and 5% like a Boxster.

Gnil:

This car is going to be a huge success if it truly has has the Porsche DNA and I have no daught it will. 

It will be the car to have ! It could also be the one that will make combustion engines obsolete and send them to a thing of the past. 

This Porsche has tremendous appeal and one can't wait until it is available for purchase.

Mission E production info, Press Release at the bottom of the article:

https://www.motor1.com/news/229308/porsche-interview-mission-e-future/

When Porsche say. they will make 20,000, you know they will and can make 20,000. Unlike a certain other company that only make 200 

Grand opening of the Mission E factory is coming soon, really soon. 

--

Whoopsy:

When Porsche say. they will make 20,000, you know they will and can make 20,000. Unlike a certain other company that only make 200 

AFAIK Tesla make about 60.000 Model S annually... or do you see the Model 3 as a Misson-E competitor Smiley

lukestern:
    Whoopsy:

AFAIK Tesla make about 60.000 Model S annually... or do you see the Model 3 as a Misson-E competitor Smiley

How long did Tesla take to finally meeting their production target for Model S again? 

--

Whoopsy:
    lukestern:
    Whoopsy:

How long did Tesla take to finally meeting their production target for Model S again? 

How many years have Porsche been in business vs. Tesla again? It's a startup, what could you expect? They have come pretty far for launching their first car in 2013 (not counting the Roadster). They've increased production and currently pace at 100k+ cars annually. In 5 years... 

I certainly hope a $250B car company that's been in business for 100 years can make cars quicker than a 5 year old one that's a small fraction of the size.

lukestern:
    Whoopsy:
    lukestern:
    Whoopsy:

How many years have Porsche been in business vs. Tesla again? It's a startup, what could you expect? They have come pretty far for launching their first car in 2013 (not counting the Roadster). They've increased production and currently pace at 100k+ cars annually. In 5 years... 

Difference is, one is established so they KNOW how quickly can they ramp up production and set realistic production target. The other while knowing their limitation, but yet still lie to Wall Street and stockholders about their unrealistic production target to prop up stock prices. 

As you say, Tesla has been around since 2013 for mass producing cars, they KNOW their limitations. 

--

Who cares? You can't buy a Mission E, so ...

Like you can't buy a Tesla Semi? Or a Tesla Roadster? Or a Porsche 992? Or the next great Mercedes S class? so ...

In a way, same can be said of the Model 3, only a select few actually took delivery out of 400k+ orders, so it might as well be a car that's not even for sale atm.

--

lukestern:
    Whoopsy:
    lukestern:
    Whoopsy:
    lukestern:
    Whoopsy:

Difference is, one is established so they KNOW how quickly can they ramp up production and set realistic production target. The other while knowing their limitation, but yet still lie to Wall Street and stockholders about their unrealistic production target to prop up stock prices. 

As you say, Tesla has been around since 2013 for mass producing cars, they KNOW their limitations. 

When Tesla stared out in 2013 with the Model S the entire car industry was laughing, but we all know how that turned out.... Setting unrealistic goals is the single most important part of Teslas success. Stock market is gambling and new companies are always high risk and set big hairy goals...  everyone into the game should know that. Speaking of lying... not sure what VW shareholders thoughts are about the emission scandals...

I'm actually disappointed that Porsche with their knowledge and capital doesn't aim for higher production targets than 20k. Probably a sign of how difficult it is to transform an organisation into the future, sourcing batteries, etc. It takes time. I heard that Porsche can't deliver enough E-hybrids because of limited supply of (small) batteries. Capped at 8000 units annually.

Porsche is most likely underestimating the demand for Mission-E. Who would like to buy an ancient Panamera when the Mission-E is available? The trend has already started. There are TONS of new non-hybrid Panameras sitting at the dealerships. Extremely difficult to sell already TODAY, just think how it will look in 2-3 years.... 

The problem with Porsche's e-hybrids is that no one buys them. Smiley

Dealers mostly have to beg people to buy the Cayenne hybrid version, same with the regular hybrid of the Panamera. Most people still prefer to buy the conventionally powered versions.

The high performance hybrid version of the Panamera Porsche have no problem selling though, but they aren't made in great numbers anyway. 

The Mission E and Panamera caters to different demographics. The Panamera will be for people that value convenience, where they can freely fill up anywhere in a very short amount of time. The Mission E will be for the adventurous people, eager to try out new things. I haven't seen the real car yet, soon, but all things points to the Mission-E will be slightly overlapping the Model S in pricing but with a much better interior and quality.

Tesla fired the first salvo in the EV game, like the sneak attack on Pearl Harbour. The outcome of the EV war is just getting started as the big guns of the automobile industry are just moving into positions to start the campaign. Firing first doesn't mean an automatic win, USA the behemoth ended up developing the biggest bomb of them all to end the war, the little Japanese bombs that they dropped on Pearl Harbour are next to nothing when compared with the atomic bombs.

Can Tesla survive the war? History have yet to be written. It is likely that it will, perhaps in another form. 

It will be interesting to see if the EV industry finally can catch up to what the users demanded, mainly convenience of topping up the 'gas tank' whenever they feel like or needed to, instead of confining to a charging stations for hours. 

We have front row seats to watch the whole thing unfolds Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    lukestern:
    Whoopsy:
    lukestern:
    Whoopsy:

When Tesla stared out in 2013 with the Model S the entire car industry was laughing, but we all know how that turned out.... Setting unrealistic goals is the single most important part of Teslas success. Stock market is gambling and new companies are always high risk and set big hairy goals...  everyone into the game should know that. Speaking of lying... not sure what VW shareholders thoughts are about the emission scandals...

I'm actually disappointed that Porsche with their knowledge and capital doesn't aim for higher production targets than 20k. Probably a sign of how difficult it is to transform an organisation into the future, sourcing batteries, etc. It takes time. I heard that Porsche can't deliver enough E-hybrids because of limited supply of (small) batteries. Capped at 8000 units annually.

Porsche is most likely underestimating the demand for Mission-E. Who would like to buy an ancient Panamera when the Mission-E is available? The trend has already started. There are TONS of new non-hybrid Panameras sitting at the dealerships. Extremely difficult to sell already TODAY, just think how it will look in 2-3 years.... 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    662414 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    401245 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254602 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    229236 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59600 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4381 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853549 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761969 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM