Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Brazilian F1 GP Qualifying...

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    The classical Hollywood ending would see Alonso and Hamilton DNF - with Massa winning the race in his hometown and Kimi second - giving Kimi the title.

Kimi is a decent guy. I hope he wins it.

After this year I hope McLaren quits F1 to focus on racing midget stock cars in Guatemala. Their attitude and ethics stink.

Jim, so many of your past posts make you sound like a disgruntled ex-McLaren employee.

Tell us, what did they fire you for?

The journalist asked: "Do you think you can do anything you want, and then just apologise? Is it the way it works in Formula One?"

Hamilton replied: "I'm not going to answer that," and when asked as to why, he added: "I don't really want to talk to you to be honest."

http://www.eecho.ie/news/bstory.asp?j=235081762&p=z35x8z468&n=235082522

Fritz, You had to ask didnt you?? I guess you revealed me!

Ok, the new Mclaren I designed was to be targeted at the SF/BH/Greenwich/risk adverse/high wealth guys who dwell in leafy susburbs and can brand match Barack Obamas wardrobe.

Based on the Volvo S80 chassis..speed and safety!! .. we developed a new bluetooth system that interfaced trophy wives/bankruptcy attorneys/ABS systems/brochure collectors/forum poseurs to automatically deploy "golden parachutes" for Hedge fund managers when SEC Investigators/German auto testers approached within 12 meters at speeds greater than 1 Kph on any road surface. Brilliant, eh what? It was to be the ulitmate handling/techno/nanny/safety cell for the self annointed!

The project was killed off when Dick Cheney called and offered to take Dennis bird hunting to discuss further funding.

Jim, Formely of Woking

Crash

Alonso might like Guatemala!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Fritz, You had to ask didnt you?? I guess you revealed me!

Ok, the new Mclaren I designed was to be targeted at the SF/BH/Greenwich/risk adverse/high wealth guys who dwell in leafy susburbs and can brand match Barack Obamas wardrobe.

Based on the Volvo S80 chassis..speed and safety!! .. we developed a new bluetooth system that interfaced trophy wives/bankruptcy attorneys/ABS systems/brochure collectors/forum poseurs to automatically deploy "golden parachutes" for Hedgies when Kias/Opels/German auto testers approached within 12 meters at speeds greater than 1 Kph on any road surface. Brilliant, eh what? It was to be the ulitmate techno/nanny/safety cell for the self annointed!

The project was killed off when Dick Cheney called and offered to take Dennis bird hunting to discuss further funding. And

Jim of Woking

Thanks for confirming my suspicions.

Didn't have you figured as one of the technical guys, tho'.

Thought you might have been one of those marketing guys who deals with sponsors, etc.
    I hope you don't find that thought offensive?

Fritz - I had to step in and also do the technical development because the mail was always late from Italy!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Fritz - I had to step in and also do the technical development because the mail was always late from Italy!

So how could you claim that McL benefitted from leaked Ferrari know-how if, thanks to the slow Italian mail service, the secrets always arrived after the race?

PS: Oh, I just realized. If marketing got involved in engineering then you must have been at McLaren in the seasons when they didn't get a driver onto the podium.

Oh Fritz, if Coughneys wife hadnt left the originals at the copy mart, whereupon the honest manager then called Ferrari, every thing would be "different" wouldnt it?

She never used to!

Today Hamilton demonstrated that he's a worthy winner. You can hate him all you like but you can't take a way his performance on the track. When ever there has been a dry weekend without any drama he has delivered more than expected of a rookie. He does drive like a champion.

Sure he has dodged punishment but so has Massa done this weekend. Alonso cheated by using illegal information from Ferrari but hasn't been punished, The Ferrari drivers are using a car with the illegal flex floor but FIA ruled the matter in favor of Ferrari.

Oh do I even have to mentioned Shumi. When he was driving for Ferrari he was FIA's golden boy and bent the rules like Beckham. He was rarely ever punished. So Hamilton isn't getting any more treatment than Shumi and Ferrari did during Shumi's prime time.

F1 is a very complicated and advanced sport. Rules are constantly bent and broken, especially when were talking about the top teams. Further more I don't think that Hamilton has broken rules intentionally, he's just unlucka and gets into trouble often.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Oh Fritz, if Coughneys wife hadnt left the originals at the copy mart, whereupon the honest manager then called Ferrari, every thing would be "different" wouldnt it?

She never used to!

Yeh, I bet she also forgot to pick her husband's team clothing up from the dry cleaners.

By the way, how does the honest copy mart manager like driving his F430?

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Alonso cheated by using illegal information from Ferrari but hasn't been punished

I hope he doesn't use any information from Ferrari the next time he designs a car.

I like Felipe Massa. I hope to see him fighting for the top three next year.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Alonso cheated by using illegal information from Ferrari but hasn't been punished

I hope he doesn't use any information from Ferrari the next time he designs a car.

Unless you call Will Smith and ask him to erase Alonso's memory he will use it in the future.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Quote:
    luwalira said:

Unless you call Will Smith and ask him to erase Alonso's memory he will use it in the future.

Yeah, but only him, not any McLaren engineer.

Good thing Alonso bought 7 tenths to McLaren, if he hadnt he would be a second behind his team-mate!!

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Good thing Alonso bought 7 tenths to McLaren, if he hadnt he would be a second behind his team-mate!!

Yeah, of course, in the Stepney scandal Alonso is the only one to blame, you Brits are so funny.

By the way, Bernie's Golden Boy is sooooooo nice:

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/63509

Did you know that rearranging the letter of the name "Lewis Hamilton" will anagram into "I Stonewall him" and "Loathe slim win"?
    Hmmmm....

"Fernando Alonso" = "Señor Don of anal". Go figure....
    "Kimi Raikkonen" = "I make iron kink".

PS: Can anyone recall Kimi ever getting punished for anything but changing engine/tech problems? Now that we talk about it, it strikes me that I cant recall a single incident where he drove someone off the track, blocked or similar.
    Seems strange that Hamilton after one single season has been more investigated than I can remember most other top drivers have been in several seasons, and some even entire careers.
    Please fill me in if Im missing something.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Yeah, of course, in the Stepney scandal Alonso is the only one to blame, you Brits are so funny.

By the way, Bernie's Golden Boy is sooooooo nice:

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/63509

Gangajas, a friendly tip.
    You have been on Rennteam for a short time, and posted around 50 comments, and it seems to me that many of them are either sarcastic or directly inflammatory towards other members, if they disagree with you.
    Why not just respect that they disagree with you instead of flaming their nationality, country etc?
    A lot of us in here have known eachother for quite some time, and enjoy spending time here because of the friendly atmosphere (well, everyone apart from Nick.... )and while teasing, irony and kidding around is part of our lingo, being aggressive isnt.
    Perhaps it would make sense to tone down your rhetoric a bit. I think that would make everyone happier, and give yourself a chance of becoming a permanent addition to Rennteam.

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    I don't care what an English fanatic says about me. I won't go down to your level,I have enough standing all the Britishs that come to my country and behave like animals.

Dude, this is totally uncalled for!!!!!!

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    gangajas said:
    I don't care what an English fanatic says about me. I won't go down to your level,I have enough standing all the Britishs that come to my country and behave like animals.

Dude, this is totally uncalled for!!!!!!

Sorry, apparently I was on crack before I wrote that:

Quote:
    cgt said:
    I think with those comments you have now officially qualified for the name 'crackjas'

This won't happen again, I apologise.

Coming back to F1. Don't you think that the FIA should limit the number of hours that a driver can use the simulator? For instance in McLaren, L. Hamilton is lapping the tracks thoushands of times while his Spaniard teammates are developing the car. Don't you think that gives him a 'little' advantage?

Quote:
    gangajas said:
    Coming back to F1. Don't you think that the FIA should limit the number of hours that a driver can use the simulator? For instance in McLaren, L. Hamilton is lapping the tracks thoushands of times while his Spaniard teammates are developing the car. Don't you think that gives him a 'little' advantage?

If anything it's probably the other way around: Driving a simulator can never replace the real thing, and if I had to choose between sim-practicing a track I had never driven before and spending time developing and fine-tuning the car I would actually be driving, I'd pick the latter anyday.

Raikkonen comments on Hamilton:

Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari (3rd,1m 12.322s):
    "Of course it would have been better to be on pole position but third place is certainly no bad thing and leaves me in a good position for tomorrow's race, also in light of the strategy we have chosen and the performance of the car. On my final flying lap, I lost precious time at Turn Four because of Hamilton: it is a real shame but there is no point in recriminations over what has happened. I am confident that I will be able to keep my chances alive right to the end."

Where have you seen blocking ? Did we watched same qualifying ? Where should Hamilton move ? On grass ?

The only problem is that Hamilton is one of the fastest drivers ever and its hard to accept that he is faster than Alonso..

"blocking":

I unfortunately missed qualifying... does anybody have a video of the incident?

I recall a very similar reaction when Schumacher first emerged in '91/'92. It seems like shaking up the establishment makes a driver a target, from the world in general and from within F1, and in Hamilton's case even more so because of the level of his success this first season. Whatever he is like outside the car, in the car he is very fast, makes few mistakes and is exciting to watch.
    I can understand the reaction from Spain because he has clearly beaten a twice world champion, so of course emotions will run high.

Whatever nationality he is he would be exciting to watch and for fans of racing this has been the most exciting season for years.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    I recall a very similar reaction when Schumacher first emerged in '91/'92. It seems like shaking up the establishment makes a driver a target, from the world in general and from within F1, and in Hamilton's case even more so because of the level of his success this first season. Whatever he is like outside the car, in the car he is very fast, makes few mistakes and is exciting to watch.
    I can understand the reaction from Spain because he has clearly beaten a twice world champion, so of course emotions will run high.

Whatever nationality he is he would be exciting to watch and for fans of racing this has been the most exciting season for years.

Completely agree with you

Like I have said before: Isnt it interesting how many times a driver in his first season is being accused of driving irregularly, trying to block/slow down others?
    You can claim that Hamilton is "shaking up the establishment" and hence becoming a target just by being fast in his first season - or you could see it the other way around; That Hamilton has learned quickly that you dont become a champ just by driving fast and playing by the rules.
    Kimi rarely complains about other drivers, so when he does I'd say there is some truth to it.
    The French female reporter was pretty much right on the money when she provoked Hamilton by asking him if it's ok to play dirty if you apologize afterwards.

I told you 2 seasons ago that Alonso was a crybaby, and most people disagreed. Now you all see what happened. He is the biggest crybaby in F1 history.
    I'm tellling you Hamilton is a stonecold "do what it takes to win" type camouflaging this thru his "oh, sorry!"-demeanor and innocent babyface.
    He is a huge talent, perhaps the biggest ever - but he is also a smiling killer.
    He gives me the creeps.

PS: You may kiss my feet in 2 years time when you all realize why I am the GURU!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Like I have said before: Isnt it interesting how many times a driver in his first season is being accused of driving irregularly, trying to block/slow down others?
    You can claim that Hamilton is "shaking up the establishment" and hence becoming a target just by being fast in his first season - or you could see it the other way around; That Hamilton has learned quickly that you dont become a champ just by driving fast and playing by the rules.
    Kimi rarely complains about other drivers, so when he does I'd say there is some truth to it.
    The French female reporter was pretty much right on the money when she provoked Hamilton by asking him if it's ok to play dirty if you apologize afterwards.

I told you 2 seasons ago that Alonso was a crybaby, and most people disagreed. Now you all see what happened. He is the biggest crybaby in F1 history.
    I'm tellling you Hamilton is a stonecold "do what it takes to win" type camouflaging this thru his "oh, sorry!"-demeanor and innocent babyface.
    He is a huge talent, perhaps the biggest ever - but he is also a smiling killer.
    He gives me the creeps.

PS: You may kiss my feet in 2 years time when you all realize why I am the GURU!

Agree here in both cases, you were right about Alonso; and you are right about that Hamilton will do everything for a win, but dont forget they are there for a win. But yesterday he didnt do nothing wrong, Raikkonen lost rear in corner and thats a reason why he lost some time...

Quote:
    Shakal said:
    Agree here in both cases, you were right about Alonso; and you are right about that Hamilton will do everything for a win, but dont forget they are there for a win. But yesterday he didnt do nothing wrong, Raikkonen lost rear in corner and thats a reason why he lost some time...

Absolutely, they are there to win. I dont expect an English Gentlemen's Club
    According to Kimi (see the quote above) he lost time because of Hamilton. I dont know if this is true or not - I am simply saying that Kimi rarely complains and Hamilton has been in quite a few "incidents" considering it's his first season.

...and yes, I am always right

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776957 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441614 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262738 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260885 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85147 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5538 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880593 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815781 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM