Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Last Call! Adding a few options, any advice?

Stradale,

Congrats! This is going to be one AWESOME, JAW-DROPPING Cab, with one of the most well thought-out interiors I've ever witnessed, and you'd better post pictures when your car is here (when?) .

As a soon to be owner--guards red Turbo Coupe literally on the boat here to California, I appreciate your enthusiasm. I was amazed you took time to post all 56 pages on this thead:
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=373235&page=&fpart=1&vc=1
    Love the review and the effort though .

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I'm at $172k now BEFORE taxes...Only thing I have going for me is I only need to pay tax on $100k, I got $70k for my trade........So guess you're right that would be $180k (w/ taxes)!! Holy!!

Gregg,

The funny thing about EGA is that I actually wanted to order DAD but Sunset Porsche for some reason wasn't able to find it. They ended up getting EGA for me instead and believe me, that was a mistake that I didn't mind. I absolutely love the EGA shifter/ebrake handle. I also ordered the dome light cover from them but for some reason the piece that showed up did not have any stitching at all. They're working on getting that oversight corrected.

There are a few other nice leather options such as the rearview mirror, the seatbelt buckle, etc but as you said, they wouldn't show up too well to make it worth getting. I saw the leather rearview mirror and I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Okay! I give in! You know it's almost impossible for me not to add it when everyone agrees! XCZ - Sport Shifter added. Man this car is going to be expensive.

Jason those A-pillar CF pieces look great, something I'll have to do down the road.

I just have to figure out the exhaust part, right now I'm thinkin tubi..

I found my rims too... What do you think?

STRADALE, @my dealer today I saw the rims you want on a Turbo. I think you're going to like them. I also drove a TT tip and man that acceleration, coupled with a drop top and I think you're buying one of the best cars made! congrats Here are a few pics from my dealer today.

This is going to be one fabulous Porsche. Congratulations. I think our option lists are very similar except for your leather seatbacks and the leather pieces associated with it (I'm doing painted) and my deviating stitching and your ECA which I can't do because of the stitching. I am still torn about the concole. I am looking forward to seeing you pro forma invoice to compare.

Quote:
    cannga said:
    Stradale,

Congrats! This is going to be one AWESOME, JAW-DROPPING Cab, with one of the most well thought-out interiors I've ever witnessed, and you'd better post pictures when your car is here (when?) .

As a soon to be owner--guards red Turbo Coupe literally on the boat here to California, I appreciate your enthusiasm. I was amazed you took time to post all 56 pages on this thead:
    http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=373235&page=&fpart=1&vc=1
    Love the review and the effort though .

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I'm at $172k now BEFORE taxes...Only thing I have going for me is I only need to pay tax on $100k, I got $70k for my trade........So guess you're right that would be $180k (w/ taxes)!! Holy!!

Luckily for me that Turbo article started at pg 31! I think I get all the magazine's so if there's a good article out and I haven't seen it posted yet I try to post it. Congrats on your Turbo!

Thanks! To me the interior is what makes our cars personal to the owner, I spec.'d it out w/ the possibility of keeping the car so I wanted to get everything I liked. Hopefully down the road I'll start keeping my cars & just adding others instead of trading in all the time. Originally I had a September build slot but swaped it for a January build so that I can get the car right before Early Spring. I definitely will, you too

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Gregg,

The funny thing about EGA is that I actually wanted to order DAD but Sunset Porsche for some reason wasn't able to find it. They ended up getting EGA for me instead and believe me, that was a mistake that I didn't mind. I absolutely love the EGA shifter/ebrake handle. I also ordered the dome light cover from them but for some reason the piece that showed up did not have any stitching at all. They're working on getting that oversight corrected.

There are a few other nice leather options such as the rearview mirror, the seatbelt buckle, etc but as you said, they wouldn't show up too well to make it worth getting. I saw the leather rearview mirror and I honestly couldn't tell the difference.

I know, it's true, very hard to see the rearview mirror is leather but since it is a Cabrio. it may be more obvious & since I went w/ Leather sunvisors & Leather dome lamp, the Leather rearview made sense. I was going to get the Leather Buckles but as someone mentioned that might now be a good spot to have leather, I could see that area not wearing well.

DAD is nice too, I'd be happy w/ it but ECA is so much cooler looking. When I first saw pics of it I liked it but thought I couldn't get the CF trim strip/ didn't know it would be that simple so it's like YES! it all comes together now. Eric mentioned he was working on something for you, guess that's what it was.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Okay! I give in! You know it's almost impossible for me not to add it when everyone agrees! XCZ - Sport Shifter added. Man this car is going to be expensive.

Jason those A-pillar CF pieces look great, something I'll have to do down the road.

I just have to figure out the exhaust part, right now I'm thinkin tubi..

I found my rims too... What do you think?

STRADALE, @my dealer today I saw the rims you want on a Turbo. I think you're going to like them. I also drove a TT tip and man that acceleration, coupled with a drop top and I think you're buying one of the best cars made! congrats Here are a few pics from my dealer today.

Is that at Champion? Looks like it.

That looks like the Werks Black Turbo. The wheels I'm getting are the Aluminum versions of the black wheels on the Werks Turbo : http://www.championmotorsport.com/

I know right, the power of the Turbo in a drop top is an awesome combo, can't wait.

Quote:
    imcarnuts said:
    This is going to be one fabulous Porsche. Congratulations. I think our option lists are very similar except for your leather seatbacks and the leather pieces associated with it (I'm doing painted) and my deviating stitching and your ECA which I can't do because of the stitching. I am still torn about the concole. I am looking forward to seeing you pro forma invoice to compare.

Your car is going to be gorgeous.

You know my opinion on it.. Can't beat this combo imo. And imo it will be even nicer w/ DAD

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    This is CVT Door speakers in leather but I'm personally not sure I like it. I would leave it out.

Hi I am new here. I also need some help with the options. I have been looking for the code for the CF finish in the door opener area, as shown in this picture. Right now I have the XTV (Door finishers in leather) for my Oct build Turbo Cab but I really want to replace that area with CF. (I don't want to go with XTL which includes the door handle and the storage bin in CF.)

Any help will be appreciated!!!

LK

You might actually be better off just leaving that door finisher pieces in stock form (plastic) instead of getting the leather door finishers. Go with that then order the CF door finishers from Sunset Porsche (ericsvaren@sunsetimports.com and be sure to tell him that I sent you) and then having your dealership add it for you. You'll save a bundle that way.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Very happy that your car turned out well. Can't wait to see the end result of a rather comprehensively optioned out car! Please post the new pro forma with the latest changes if possible.

Here it is!

Thanks, Jason! I will notify my dealer immediately to take the leather option off.

Quote:
    vig168 said:

Hi I am new here. I also need some help with the options. I have been looking for the code for the CF finish in the door opener area, as shown in this picture.

The picture shown above is a GT3 or GT3 interior. The GT models are different from the others because there is no XTL option.

On the GT2/3, the door handles remain in Alcantara, while the CF door finishers are bundled with the large CF package (CF air vents + CF defroster trim).

Your best bet is to do as atomic80 wrote.

Thanks, Guys!
    I do have a couple more questions: 1. if I am going to order some custom wheels I saw from the magazine, where can I sell the stock wheels? At Ebay? I remember seeing something at Ebay for $3200 (4x). 2. At the Configurator, when I choose "Standard Rocker Panels Painted" (of which I ordered), the picture also shows Lower Part of Rear Apron Painted, an $585 option. Is this a mistake from the Configurator? Thanks again!

Quote:
    vig168 said:
    Thanks, Guys!
    I do have a couple more questions: 1. if I am going to order some custom wheels I saw from the magazine, where can I sell the stock wheels? At Ebay? I remember seeing something at Ebay for $3200 (4x). 2. At the Configurator, when I choose "Standard Rocker Panels Painted" (of which I ordered), the picture also shows Lower Part of Rear Apron Painted, an $585 option. Is this a mistake from the Configurator? Thanks again!

Love ebay! Works really well. Yes, sounds like a mistake.
    XAJ - Painted Rockers
    CNG - Painted Lower Rear Apron
    DAJ - Painted front lip, front air intakes & rear apron.

One thing I will tell you is if you get the rockers painted you're definitely going to need to cover them w/ 3M (or similiar) protection film otherwise they will get really beat up. What color car are you buying?/ Which wheels are you getting?

btw: Welcome to the forum!!

Depending on what color you're getting, it may pay to do the rockers, front and rear aprons after delivery. Porsche charges $1920USD but it can be done for around $500USD after delivery by a reputable shop. I agree regarding the protection film with these parts.

Vig, where in NJ are you? I'm just south of Freehold.

it looks like I am going to take one more option (rocker panels painted) out from the dealer. I have been following this (and the other two) Porsche forums for some time. You guys' opinions have been invaluable---The Porsche I will be getting in Nov will be my first ever.

Saxguy, I live in Somerset County north of RT 22.

Sorry to be a total a$$hat, and excuse my poor command of the English vocabulary, but could someone tell me what the heck are 'rocker panels'?

Thanks

p.s. sorry to go a little OT.

It's the lower section below the doors on the sides. Also known as the side sills too. Comes in black from the factory if not ordered with paint.

Wow, I didn't read the entire post because I am dizzy looking at all the options. I can comment on a few things because I ordered my car with a ton of leather options. (1)Wear and tear......If your constantly driving around small children they will do a number on the seatbacks in leather (mine also scratched the stock volcanic grey color on my 997S), so its up to you. Fuse panel in leather......not a scratch on mine and its too cheap not to order, a no brainer and a nice touch. If your ordering the leather sills (not sure if you went with carbon) but be very careful or you will scuff the leather in no time (now I make a point to LIFT up my shoes when entering and exiting my car but it took time to break the habit). I went with DAD aluminum shifter and like it but thats personal. Black leather is the way to go and standard stitching looks fantastic. If you keep your cars more than 3 years and order deviated stitching it will look, well, not very deviated unless you plan to never condition the cars leather seats. You know what happens especially with black interior. Again not to critizise anyone going for the deviated look.......JUST BE CAREFULL DETAILING YOUR CAR! WOW, that car is LOADED TO THE BONE, ENJOY IT IN GOOD HEALTH! I spent no less than 2 months adding and deleating options because I had to keep this car under 150K out the door! The ceramics were the first to go unfortunately...........next time around! Cheers and post a bunch of photos when that puppy arrives!

This is a lousy scan of my options but here goes:

Sounds like a really nice car. We have a lot of the same options.. What about the last 2 options on your list it looks like one option has the model logo deletion and the other has it painted? Or is it my eyes? Also IMO PCCB's come before every single option except Sport Chrono. If it were me and needed to keep the car at $150k I'd leave off the added leather & the top & get PCCB's.. If you did it that way the car would be all business. Just my opinion.

Wait is your car a Coupe? I see leather roof liner, then why does it have GT Silver "top"?

Here's my final option list:

997 Turbo Cabriolet
    Z4 - Basalt Black Metallic
    V9 - Cabriolet Roof in Black
    AT - Black Full Leather
    342 - Heated Seats
    450 - Ceramic Composite Brakes PCCB
    640 - Sport Chrono Package Turbo
    XSC - Porsche Crest in Headrest
    220 - Axle Diff Lock
    CDZ - Gear Lever Trim in Leather
    CUV - Storage Compartment lid w/ Model Logo
    CVW - Rear view mirror in Leather
    DAA - Interior Package A Pillar Leather
    XMP - Leather Sun visors Lighted Mirror
    XNG - Instrument Surround in Leather
    XNS - Steering column in Leather
    XPA - Thicker steering wheel Leather
    CJJ - Belt Outlet B Pillar Carbon
    EAD - Carbon Package Switch Panel
    XMJ - Rear Center Console - Carbon
    XTL - Door Finisher in Carbon
    PO1 - Adaptive Sport Seats
    XTG - Inner Sill Parts Release Leather
    XXZ - Footrest Aluminum
    CZD - Interior Light Cover Leather
    CJX - Floor mats w/ Leather Surround
    XCZ - Sport Shifter
    CXD - Door Entry Guards Carbon Fiber Illuminated
    CUR - PCM Package Leather
    CUJ - Fuse Box Cover Leather
    CNB - Defroster Air Vents Leather
    ECA - Gear/Handbrake lever Aluminum
    CUX - Release lever rear seats Leather
    XSB - Sport Seat Backs in Leather
    CVY - Clothes hook Backrest Leather

Yes, Ermanno's car is a coupe. I'm not sure why Porsche has that set up. Two quirks I guess. One is to say that the top is painted exterior color. And the second is that you'd have to first delete the model logo and then add the painted logo. That's what happened in Ermanno's case. The delete model logo option is free but the painted logo is not. Porsche's logic continues to elude me at the moment.

Leave it to Porsche. The correct option codes for painted rear logo entail a code for first deleting the designation then another option code for painting it.
    Your cab is spec'd out very cool by the way. The wait will be worth it.

Heres mine! Color to be GT3RS Orange! what do you guys think? Oh, I did add leather seatbacks and got the stitching covered I hope!!
    Retail
    911 Turbo Cabriolet 997 630 Price
    BASE Porsche Base Model 136,500.00
    98 Non-Metlic Paint to Sample 3,625.00
    V9 Cabriolet roof in Black 0.00
    AT Black Full Leather 0.00
    249 Tiptronic S 3,420.00
    CGA Headlight Cleaner Cvr Ext.Clr 200.00
    CJJ Belt Outlet B Pillar Carbon 450.00
    CPU Key Pouch Interior Color Leath 95.00
    CUR PCM Package Leather 2,070.00
    CUV Storage Cmpt Lid W/Model Logo 295.00
    CVT Door and Rear Speakers Lthr 2,570.00
    CVW Rear View Mirror Leather 475.00
    CVY Clothes Hook Backrest Leather 240.00
    CXD Door Entry Grds Carbon Illumin 1,280.00
    CZD Interior Light Cover Leather 430.00
    EAD Carbon Package Switch Panel 2,700.00
    P01 Adaptive Sport Seats 1,145.00
    XMJ Rear Center Console - Carbon 1,625.00
    XMP Lthr Sun Visors Lighted Mirror 560.00
    XSC Porsche Crest in Headrest 270.00
    XTL Door Finisher in Carbon 2,700.00
    XXZ Foot Rest Aluminum 250.00
    09991 All Excl.Opt Stitch Dev Color 290.00
    24891 Stitching F/R seats Dev. Color 1,020.00
    24901 Dashboard Stitching Dev. Color 240.00
    24902 Door Stitching in Dev. Color 240.00
    24904 Dev.Stitching Side Centr Cnsl 240.00
    24905 Rear Side Panel Dev.Stitching 310.00
    453 Carbon Str Whl Multifctn 620.00
    640 Sport Chrono Package Turbo 1,920.00
    666 Module for Telephone PCM 960.00
    692 Remote CD Changer (6 Disc) 650.00
    803 Carbon Package 890.00
    XNS Steering Column in Leather 420.00
    XTG Inner Sill Parts/Release-Lthr 585.00
    789 997 Paint To Sample 0.00
    24931 Exterior Color to Sample 0.00
    810 Floor Mats in Interior Color 140.00

Heres the rest of my order. The way I drive, I just could not go with the ceramics. My Wife got the Tip part.
    You guys have been so very helpful you have no idea!!
    911 Turbo Cabriolet 997 630 Price
    XSB Sport Seat Backs in Leather 1,610.00
    CFA Tiptronic Gate Leather 305.00
    -------------------------
    Total with Options $ 171,340.00
    DSTCHG Destination Charge 860.00
    Total Charges $ 860.00
    Total Order $ 172,200.00

Nice spec. One thing I'd double-check, though is whether deviated stitching is available on the CF steering wheel. I've just read it is not. If, as I suspect, you ordered your car with orange stitching, the standard grey stitching would be very visible.

In which case you're stuck with either the thicker leather multifunction wheel (431+CPA), or the thicker sports wheel (XPA), or the thicker Alcantara wheel (CLA).

(You dodged the shifter boot bullet by ordering a Tiptronic, so at least I won't have to explain that again )

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690565 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409813 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256050 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235289 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65670 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858486 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774763 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM