Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Gallardo vs CS

Hey guys,

Anybody can give me the lowdown on the Gallardo?
    Very keen to buy one now that I have driven one - anything I should know?
    E.g new upgrade coming up in less than a year, etc?

I am a real Ferrari fan and would have settled for the CS but that's got a really long queue.

Any Gallardo owners whom think it's an absolute waste of money?
    Not really a porsche fan though

Track performance wise, how do the 2 compare?

Would appreciate any feedback at all.
    Cheers!

Re: Gallardo vs CS

i just researched Gallardo and chose not to buy one:

- 1st gear to high to work in steep country and driveways, at least egear

-most traded in new car in Beverly Hills!!! my broker/dealer friends are getting them in trade
    -nasty gas filling problem you have to hold the US nozzle the entire time
    -etc.

CS

my research indicated a CS was the equivalent of a GT2/GT3 RS in design focus, but with more amusement per minute when toodling around town and the mountains... and it's true!!!

CS roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would also choose 360CS over Gallardo (even buying CS in secondary mkt if want it immediately). Gallardo is great overall sportscar w/strengths of torque and charismatic exhaust note. However, 360CS wins comparo in my view, as has lightweight tossability in curves, better steering feel, intoxicating exhaust note, much less traction control issues launching out of curves....and Gallardo's low front ground clearance is huge hassle vs CS in a hilly city like SF (that awful scraping noise is heard far too often in G....and much less frequently in CS).....also, G's interior config is much less practical than CS for storage, etc. for daily driving duty.

Watt, you better change your icon now to a nice prancing horse!

maybe i can find one prancing and whizzing simultaneoulsy...

my brain is still crammed with porsche poop, but it became time for a change!!!!

BTW, Gallardos are already 15 back in LA

Quote:
    watt said:

my brain is still crammed with porsche poop, but it became time for a change!!!!

Interesting datapoint on lack of G demand in LA...clearly troubling for Lambo/Audi; 3-4 wks ago I heard of people offering MSRP for used G's in SF as waitlists for G remained firm....I'll rechk my sources. Perhaps G has greater appeal in SF than LA? Is G demand weak in Eastern US as well?

Quote:
    watt said:

Hey watt,

Take close look at that Porsche shield in your avatar.

There's a horse in there which may not be whizzing, but it does look to me like it's prancing.

how much is the Gallardo?

any date/price on the spider version?

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    watt said:

Interesting datapoint on lack of G demand in LA...clearly troubling for Lambo/Audi; 3-4 wks ago I heard of people offering MSRP for used G's in SF as waitlists for G remained firm....I'll rechk my sources. Perhaps G has greater appeal in SF than LA? Is G demand weak in Eastern US as well?

Last week I saw about 8 Gallardo's on the show room floor of Symbolic, an authorized dealer. I believe they were all new. If I am not mistaken Symbolic also has a dealership in the Bay area.

Moogle, a Gallardo is around US$180,000. A spider is about the same if it is manual. F1 would cost you about $11,000 more. The problem is in the US there remains at least a two to three year wait for the Spider. A used Spider will run about $215,000 to 245,000 depending on year and mileage.

mmm just like the 360 market

thanks nberry

Quote:
    fritz said:
    [

Hey watt,

There's a horse in there which may not be whizzing, but it does look to me like it's prancing.

well fritz, do we want to go back to why the porsche shield is as it is and how ferrari made it that way??? those horses have run together and butted heads for quite a while

vk - as to why G's may be stronger in SF, well a BS car for a BS town G's are history, the 430 reacts to it but there's not that much to react to

Quote:
    watt said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    [

Hey watt,

well fritz, do we want to go back to why the porsche shield is as it is and how ferrari made it that way??? those horses have run together and butted heads for quite a while

vk - as to why G's may be stronger in SF, well a BS car for a BS town G's are history, the 430 reacts to it but there's not that much to react to

Watt, agree w/you on the SF comment.....LA trumps SF in my book as well....given how fun CS is, can't say I'm particularly anxious for 430 (yet)....maybe 430CS?

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    mmm just like the 360 market

thanks nberry

I think nberry was commenting on 360 Spyder mkt. G Spyder is due out Spr05....but I would bet GSpyder is toast if G Coupe's 15 mins of fame is already over.....which it sounds to be....but F360/430 resale values look fairly robust going forward given lack of any credible competition from a marketing standpoint....

Quote:
    watt said:
    well fritz, do we want to go back to why the porsche shield is as it is and how ferrari made it that way???

Thanks watt, but there's no need to on my behalf.
    I'd already heard the story long before it was retold here a couple of months ago.

UNCLE FRITZ,

CS looks better with a smiley face than a p or Gallardo anyday. looks better w/o one also

Quote:
    watt said:
    UNCLE FRITZ,

CS looks better with a smiley face than a p or Gallardo anyday. looks better w/o one also

You'll be back!

Your Uncle fritz

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    watt said:
    UNCLE FRITZ,

You'll be back!

Your Uncle fritz

Uncle,

i havent left yet!! i still have my 97 altho' it's 4 sale

Quote:
    watt said:
    Uncle,

i havent left yet!! i still have my 97 altho' it's 4 sale

Keep the 97. It'll stop you suffering cold turkey.

Your uncle knows best!

don't buy my cars based on a beauty contest.
    Gallardo a great car.Sticks better than my 996TT did
    and it was very good.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    watt said:

Last week I saw about 8 Gallardo's on the show room floor of Symbolic, an authorized dealer. I believe they were all new. If I am not mistaken Symbolic also has a dealership in the Bay area.

Moogle, a Gallardo is around US$180,000. A spider is about the same if it is manual. F1 would cost you about $11,000 more. The problem is in the US there remains at least a two to three year wait for the Spider. A used Spider will run about $215,000 to 245,000 depending on year and mileage.

2 of Symbolics are used. You can have my New 04 spider coming in in a month or so for 208000. This car is destined to crash in value

right now 208 for an 04 spider is good... if you want a spider. CS are running 15-30 over in LA

Autoweek had a comparison between entry level exotics: 360, Gallardo, etc and found the Gallardo to compete quite well. I thought you swore by the Autoweek Gods Nick, so how come you didn't post this one?

Gallardo in Germany is between 120 - 150k Euros, the CS between 150 - 170k Euros.

You should take a look at http://www.track-challenge.com for some technical information, the Galardo performed quite well though some people doubted the official hp ratio for the test car. Don't forget that the Gallardo is about 250 kg (550 lbs.) heavier than the Stradale, which translates in a slightly lower agility.

Watt, which colour is the 993 TT? Is it white - or babyblue...?

glacier white

Thanks Watt! Are you honest about selling it?
    And what does the ORR stand for? Sorry, no clue!

I don't know, CS is very strangled to get the performance out of it. You constantly have to keep it above 7000rpm to get max power, can be tiring, but for purists well it fits like a glove.

I prefer the torque and medium/high revving motors of Lamborghini/Audi.

Ultimately, you'd choose the Gallardo if you're sensible. It would be interesting to see some new cars in this league a few years from now, a new mid engined McMerc, rear engined Pagani and the new 997 and 430M. The new pack seem more tempting than the 5/6 year old Ferrari and all too clinical Gallardo.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Thanks Watt! Are you honest about selling it?
    And what does the ORR stand for? Sorry, no clue!

car is sold. ORR=openroadracing.com

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    I don't know, CS is very strangled to get the performance out of it. You constantly have to keep it above 7000rpm to get max power

Sounds to me like you've never driven one...

Gary

Obviously you'd mind since you have one. Don't take it personally.

Quote:
    ///AMG Mercedes said:
    Obviously you'd mind since you have one. Don't take it personally.

Not taking it personally, just never heard anyone make the comment that the Stradale felt "strangled". Certainly haven't seen it in any road tests. The 7k minimum RPM is a strange one, too, since the Stradale motor has excellent low-end torque characteristics. So, no, I'm not taking it personally, just wonder if you have actually driven the car. Have you?

Gary

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    780401 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442447 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263248 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261572 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85729 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5875 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881306 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    818479 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM