Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Last Call! Adding a few options, any advice?

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Never used the windscreen... It doesn't look too good either...

Kept mine all the time unless the kids were in the back, it really works well, makes a big difference especially at highway speeds.. And imo looks awesome, gives the car a 2 seater look...

It makes sense if you do a lot of highway driving...

I use the windscreen all the time; it makes a huge difference at highway speeds. I'm not sure if I prefer the screen with or without the logo or with or without PORSCHE on the back.

Is the windscreen the same as on the 996? If so, I have one sitting in my garage collecting dust if anyone is interested.

What a freaking fun place to hang out...

Where else can we spend Stradale's and everyone else's money on configuring the next great machine! Love it.

I think we ought to put Jason in business and just let him spec out everyone's car. He's got the options down to a science (note earlier posts with pics), and he's got great taste.

Jason - the carbon was drop dead gorgeous when we finished it, but even moreso on your stunning TT.

Stradale, and others - we do paint the seatbacks after the fact too, just in case you tire of volcano gray.

Anyway, this is just great stuff - Stradale that is one awesome TT Cab you have spec'd. Good luck with the wait.

Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:
    What a freaking fun place to hang out...

Where else can we spend Stradale's and everyone else's money on configuring the next great machine! Love it.

I think we ought to put Jason in business and just let him spec out everyone's car. He's got the options down to a science (note earlier posts with pics), and he's got great taste.

Jason - the carbon was drop dead gorgeous when we finished it, but even moreso on your stunning TT.

Stradale, and others - we do paint the seatbacks after the fact too, just in case you tire of volcano gray.

Anyway, this is just great stuff - Stradale that is one awesome TT Cab you have spec'd. Good luck with the wait.

Thanks!! I'm going to do leather seat backs..........Yeah the help probably added another $10k to the sticker (at least)......... You know I thought I had a nice car spec.'d (and a lot of the stuff came from ideas seen on this board) but now feel like I've got my dream Turbo... Jason & the guys here really were a tremendous help!!

Did someone say when you do leather seatbacks the bottom of the seat then comes Alum. Look?

If so - Guess the only Volcano grey I'd have left would be on the steering wheel & the small pieces that hold the release lever to tilt the seat..

Anyone have pics of the Alum Look. seat bottom o leather seats? (if this is how they come)...There doesn't really seem to be a lot of pictures floating around of leather seatbacks...

Yep, that's right, when you get the leather seatbacks, the entire lower section is painted in the aluminum-look color.

Here's a picture I took of Larry's seats

You can see that the lower section is painted aluminum-look

Here it is...

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Yep, that's right, when you get the leather seatbacks, the entire lower section is painted in the aluminum-look color.

Here's a picture I took of Larry's seats

You can see that the lower section is painted aluminum-look

That's it then, I'm sold on the leather seatbacks..

Thanks Kreso...Is that the leather key pouch that is offered in the option guide?

Yes, actually it looks pretty nice IMHO.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

You know we won't stop until you reach $180k

Seriously the leather back seats are gorgeous.

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

You know we won't stop until you reach $180k

Seriously the leather back seats are gorgeous.

I'm at $172k now BEFORE taxes...Only thing I have going for me is I only need to pay tax on $100k, I got $70k for my trade........So guess you're right that would be $180k (w/ taxes)!! Holy!!

Don't worry, you'll make it back with the F cars

Ok. What you do is start off and put 200K in an escrow account. Spec the car, add it up and get change back. just like at McDonald's

Last car I specced (the AM), we went:

Dealer: OK, what options do we add?

Us: Well let's put them all and delete what we don't need

Much easier that way...

Jason,
    Just ordered the CF trim stip package from Eric @ Sunset, mentioned you..
    Appreciate it!

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Don't worry, you'll make it back with the F cars

Looking forward to the 430's replacement,,, should be a screamer.

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    Ok. What you do is start off and put 200K in an escrow account. Spec the car, add it up and get change back. just like at McDonald's

Use to feel that way when I'd go to Montréal & Toronto on business in the late 90's... Put down $10 US on the bar & get your beer plus $12 CAN change......

Quote:
    SciFrog said:
    Last car I specced (the AM), we went:

Dealer: OK, what options do we add?

Us: Well let's put them all and delete what we don't need

Much easier that way...

That's how I shoulda dun it....

Made that final call to the dealer just now to add :
    XSB - Sport Seat Backs in Leather
    CVY - Clothes Hook on Seat Backs in Leather
    CUX - Release Lever for rear seats Leather
    ECA - Shifter/ Handbrake

I always feel like such a pain in the ass when I call to make changes,,,maybe it's because I talk to the owner of the dealership, I'm sure he has better things to do than deal w/ these OCD additions to my order...Anyway he keeps telling me it's so simple and I'm not bothering him but still wanted to get all my last changes together and make only 1 call.................. That's it then, I am really psyched....... So NO MORE OPTIONS! LoL!!

But seriously appreciate everyone's help, imo my car is going to turn out so much better than if I hadn't asked for help....

Use to feel that way when I'd go to Montréal & Toronto on business in the late 90's... Put down $10 US on the bar & get your beer plus $12 CAN change......

Was in Quebec City over Labor Day.Stayed at the Chateau Frontenac. Those days are gone. Uno to Uno.

Very happy that your car turned out well. Can't wait to see the end result of a rather comprehensively optioned out car! Please post the new pro forma with the latest changes if possible.

I have the seatbelts in leather ... not noticeable at all in black. The other wasted leather was the bose surround in the back seat area. The only way to notice these 2 items is if you have a non black leather interior. Then the matching color may be worth it.
    The fuse box cover and other small leather areas were worth it due to the extra stitching, which adds another layer of quality enhancement.
    As an aside, I heard of a Porsche afficionado state that I went to the expense of lightening the weight of the car using carbon fibre then added weight with all the extra leather ... too funny! If I really wanted to reduce weight in the vehicle I would take up an extreme exercise routine and enjoy fewer gourmet meals !!! ... unfortunately, that would reduce my life pleasures !

Funny arithmetic of P options....generally worth $0 at trade-in....but w/o these innumerable PCCB/leather, cf, etc options, a 997TT looks about as grisly/plasticky as any Coxster/Gayman/Camry....

Traded-in two $150K 996TTS Coupes for $100K (each w/5K mis and 6-12mos of use)...

Traded-in two $150K 997TT Coupes for near-100% of MSRP, each after 3K mis...but within 6mos of US launch...

599 (no matter options/airshipping) trades-in for 100% of MSRP (incl airship) after 5K mis and 6mos of use....clearly the frugal man's car (if one values own personal safety at $0)....

Quote:
    WBH said:
    Funny arithmetic of P options....generally worth $0 at trade-in....but w/o these innumerable PCCB/leather, cf, etc options, a 997TT looks about as grisly/plasticky as any Coxster/Gayman/Camry....

Traded-in two $150K 996TTS Coupes for $100K (each w/5K mis and 6-12mos of use)...

Traded-in two $150K 997TT Coupes for near-100% of MSRP, each after 3K mis...but within 6mos of US launch...

599 (no matter options/airshipping) trades-in for 100% of MSRP (incl airship) after 5K mis and 6mos of use....clearly the frugal man's car (if one values own personal safety at $0)....

And how are your beloved AMG CLs holding up?

Quote:
    AE said:
    I have the seatbelts in leather ... not noticeable at all in black. The other wasted leather was the bose surround in the back seat area. The only way to notice these 2 items is if you have a non black leather interior. Then the matching color may be worth it.
    The fuse box cover and other small leather areas were worth it due to the extra stitching, which adds another layer of quality enhancement.
    As an aside, I heard of a Porsche afficionado state that I went to the expense of lightening the weight of the car using carbon fibre then added weight with all the extra leather ... too funny! If I really wanted to reduce weight in the vehicle I would take up an extreme exercise routine and enjoy fewer gourmet meals !!! ... unfortunately, that would reduce my life pleasures !

They don't offer the BOSE leather in the Cabrio. I was going to order the seatbelt buckles in leather but someone posted it doesn't add any stitching so I decided to leave them out, guess I made the right choice.

My Cabrio. is going to be close to the weight of a Coupe.. Well not really but should be lighter, not because of the CF but because of PCCB''s/Champion 19's/ tubi exhaust/ CF airbox.. How much less weight are the PCCB's vs steel again? about 40lbs total? Guessing but my Cabrio should be about 75-100lbs lighter than a Turbo Cabrio w/ steel brakes. Obviously you couldn't tell the difference, it's still a heavy sports car but I may get some better handling/acceleration w/ the PCCB's, lighter wheels (both being un-sprung weight) & free-flowing exhaust... Can't hurt anyway.. You know how it goes if you believe it's faster, it will be..

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:

Was in Quebec City over Labor Day.Stayed at the Chateau Frontenac. Those days are gone. Uno to Uno.

Yep.. Mano e Mano..

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Very happy that your car turned out well. Can't wait to see the end result of a rather comprehensively optioned out car! Please post the new pro forma with the latest changes if possible.

Same here! I thought it might work out better for me if I got to put the order in for the must haves plus the options I really wanted and then spent some additional time to think about it & make additions/changes afterwards.. But didn't expect to make so many changes/additions based on this thread. Usually I'm pretty stubborn w/ the options I want but tried to keep more of an open mind and glad it worked because imo some of what will be the nicest parts of the interior came from your recommendations & others here....

I had to leave my office early yesterday so the pro forma is probably sitting on my fax at work. When I get in Monday I'll post it.... Sent you a PM

Couldn't resist after your pic.

and

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776824 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441566 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262702 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260845 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85122 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5519 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880562 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815716 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM