Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Urus (SUV)

KMM:
    Josef:

Am I the only one who thinks it is fugly yes

No. Some angles and details are interesting, but overall I expected better from Lambo.

The sideline is too long...other than that, I think the car is special and looks like a true Lamborghini.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

mate there is no defending the pontiac aztec. quite possible the worst car (?!?) ever made.

re the urus, i reckon this thing is gonna sell at almost 2x planned capacity of 3000 units. do i know this, no, but i will make a gentleman’s bet....

996FourEss:

mate there is no defending the pontiac aztec. quite possible the worst car (?!?) ever made.

re the urus, i reckon this thing is gonna sell at almost 2x planned capacity of 3000 units. do i know this, no, but i will make a gentleman’s bet....

Not defending the Aztec for any reason in execution only that a business case existed for the niche the crossover was budgeted to satisfy.   That’s a vastly different.  

996FourEss:

Where is the vomiting smiley when I need it? Smiley

The Urus will sell very well, maybe not in all markets but Lamborghini won't have difficulties to sell this car.

Like many others, I hope used Urus prices will drop similar to used Cayenne Turbo/Turbo S (previous model) prices but who knows...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

In UAE market, it will drop quickly as everything here.indecision

Bentayga, Mclaren, Aston, Lambo and even Porsche GT cars drop quickly but not as fast as the first ones mentioned.

as usual, the very first car will be flipped at outrageous markup and then when the deliveries will flow it will stop.angry

excited to see one, I will pass by Lambo showroom to see when they will arrive.

--

GT Lover

Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 on order

991 GT3 2014(sold)

CAYENNE GTS 2014

I like that Lambo goes an extraordinary way. Only Bentley and Lambo is going the direction of finding a route outside of the mainstream SUVs. Other than that - it doesnt make much difference neiher in Performance, Image or Appearance if you drive a Porsche, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, VW, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, etc. - all the same Family-Transporters. 

For 200k+ you need to deliver somethhing which stands out. Bravo Lambo, bravo Bentley!

ISUK:

Hopefully the Urus will allow Lamborghini to widen their range and offer a modern day Espada instead of the four door Estoque saloon which was an incredibly dull car that would have struggled in what is a very small luxury saloon market. An Espada type car would let Lamborghini go up against the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso.

I have seen some Bentayga's here in Munich downtown (not all with Munich plates). But Germany it's the market for this car. It's more the USA, Arab states etc.

The Bentayga owner who also owns a Aventador could be this guy, right? https://www.instagram.com/p/BPK8FFWDYdh/?taken-by=mariodaser

Sir_Ferrari:
    ISUK:

Hopefully the Urus will allow Lamborghini to widen their range and offer a modern day Espada instead of the four door Estoque saloon which was an incredibly dull car that would have struggled in what is a very small luxury saloon market. An Espada type car would let Lamborghini go up against the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso.

I have seen some Bentayga's here in Munich downtown (not all with Munich plates). But Germany it's the market for this car. It's more the USA, Arab states etc.

The Bentayga owner who also owns a Aventador could be this guy, right? https://www.instagram.com/p/BPK8FFWDYdh/?taken-by=mariodaser

No, it was a white Bentayga I saw in front of the Lambo Munich dealership.

--

all depreciation kings.....

I don’t know why some say Urus is in your face design wise. I look at it and think it’s sort of look like a Toyota CH-R. In fact the 1/10th priced Toyota looks better. 

WAY:

I don’t know why some say Urus is in your face design wise. I look at it and think it’s sort of look like a Toyota CH-R. In fact the 1/10th priced Toyota looks better. 

Rav4Life

noone1:
    WAY:

Rav4Life

Smiley

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

RAVentaFourDoor? smiley

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

So I (jokingly) ask my wife if she would like to replace her yellow A3 with a yellow Urus (as in the video). Astonishingly she says yes, she wants to explore possibilities.  You never know exactly your target market. 

--

"Don't worry about avoiding temptation, as you grow older it will avoid you"  Churchill

DaveC:

So I (jokingly) ask my wife if she would like to replace her yellow A3 with a yellow Urus (as in the video). Astonishingly she says yes, she wants to explore possibilities.  You never know exactly your target market. 

I was talking to my wife about my R8 and that when the lease ends in 2 1/2 years, I'm not sure if I would take another sportscar because I don't know how my business will run and I don't want to pay that much money for a weekend fun car if I don't have a steady monthly income.

Surprisingly, my wife said she would be willing to pay half for a R8 successor, preferably a Lamborghini. Smiley Her business runs much better than mine, believe it or not, even with less work. This happens when the government gets involved in healthcare. Smiley She likes the Huracan Performante a lot...and she wants me to have a nice car because she knows how much I love cars. Speaking of great wives. Smiley 

Then I showed her the Urus and she was quite fascinated by the thought of getting one. However, she is right: If we get an Urus, no more sportscar for me. Smiley 

So I guess I will wait until the R8 lease runs out and get another sportscar, Huracan successor, R8 successor or maybe even the 960 (if Porsche gets the sound right).

Wife pays half, so... Smiley

--

RC:
    DaveC:

I was talking to my wife about my R8 and that when the lease ends in 2 1/2 years, I'm not sure if I would take another sportscar because I don't know how my business will run and I don't want to pay that much money for a weekend fun car if I don't have a steady monthly income.

Surprisingly, my wife said she would be willing to pay half for a R8 successor, preferably a Lamborghini. Smiley Her business runs much better than mine, believe it or not, even with less work. This happens when the government gets involved in healthcare. Smiley She likes the Huracan Performante a lot...and she wants me to have a nice car because she knows how much I love cars. Speaking of great wives. Smiley 

Then I showed her the Urus and she was quite fascinated by the thought of getting one. However, she is right: If we get an Urus, no more sportscar for me. Smiley 

So I guess I will wait until the R8 lease runs out and get another sportscar, Huracan successor, R8 successor or maybe even the 960 (if Porsche gets the sound right).

Now you start to talk about the real thing Smiley dump the VW and get a real exotic Smiley Urus is a very nice choice and it suits you and your family well.

BTW congrats on your new Porsche Smiley, I´ve been out of the forum and didn´t follow that thread 

--

J.Seven

so when you're wife pay's half a lambo is ok with the neighbourhood ? smiley (you knew this was coming indecision)

BjoernB:

so when you're wife pay's half a lambo is ok with the neighbourhood ? smiley (you knew this was coming indecision)

Yes because other neighbors took the attention away. 🤗 When that neighbor's 720 Spider arrives, I have nothing to worry anymore. 😂 No Urus though, wife saw it live, hates it. 🙁

@J.Seven: You are aware that the R8 is basically a Huracan with Audi badge? 😉 I love my R8, best/most emotional sportscar I ever got.

--

R8 is Huracan with Audi badge and reliability smiley

Lambo needs to stick to its reputation

--

GT Lover

Porsche fan

991.2 GT3 on order

991 GT3 2014(sold)

CAYENNE GTS 2014

the-missile:

R8 is Huracan with Audi badge and reliability smiley

Lambo needs to stick to its reputation

Smiley Smiley 

--

RC:
    DaveC:

Surprisingly, my wife said she would be willing to pay half for a R8 successor, preferably a LamborghiniSmiley Her business runs much better than mine, believe it or not, even with less work. This happens when the government gets involved in healthcare. Smiley She likes the Huracan Performante a lot...and she wants me to have a nice car because she knows how much I love cars. Speaking of great wives. Smiley 

Time to show this to mine SmileySmiley, except she would say you can pay it all by urself Smiley

Well...I paid for (almost) everything since we are married (25 years next year), now it is her turn. Smiley Smiley

--

RC:
    BjoernB:

Yes because other neighbors took the attention away. 🤗 When that neighbor's 720 Spider arrives, I have nothing to worry anymore. 😂 No Urus though, wife saw it live, hates it. 🙁

@J.Seven: You are aware that the R8 is basically a Huracan with Audi badge? 😉 I love my R8, best/most emotional sportscar I ever got.

Yes I know you love your R8 and understand you, it´s indeed a great sports car, the sound alone is worth the ownership experience I was just playing with you Smiley

--

J.Seven

J.Seven:
    RC:
    BjoernB:

Yes I know you love your R8 and understand you, it´s indeed a great sports car, the sound alone is worth the ownership experience I was just playing with you Smiley

I know, people here enjoy that a lot...almost as much as me actually driving my R8. Smiley

--

I had the R8 Spyder 2 weeks in summer. I gave already my feedback - but this is the most fun modern sports car I drove since a long time. Forget about the 991, the R8 is a different sports cars generation. You can feel that the car is designed in this millennium as you can feel the heritage and limitations of the 991 layout. I always been a fan of the 911 but I think it is time for Porsche to come up with something more "today". 

Lars997:

I had the R8 Spyder 2 weeks in summer. I gave already my feedback - but this is the most fun modern sports car I drove since a long time. Forget about the 991, the R8 is a different sports cars generation. You can feel that the car is designed in this millennium as you can feel the heritage and limitations of the 991 layout. I always been a fan of the 911 but I think it is time for Porsche to come up with something more "today". 

Unfortunately the motoring press this week has written that 2020 is the last year of production for the R8.  Audi needed a lower cost version to increase volumes, so far, that hasn’t happened and it is doubtful it will happen in the final few years.  

CGX car nut:
    Lars997:

Unfortunately the motoring press this week has written that 2020 is the last year of production for the R8.  Audi needed a lower cost version to increase volumes, so far, that hasn’t happened and it is doubtful it will happen in the final few years.  

I wouldn't completely write off the R8 just yet, the rumor that there won't be a next generation has been making it rounds for months now but it seems that Audi has reconsidered. A 960 could be the death of the R8 though, in my opinion both models at the same time don't make sense.

I may get the facelift though...could be available 2019.

--

would be a pity....R8 is a great car.....actually its more than that imo...it became a german sportscar icon already I feel

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I don't see what the problem is. They can sell R8, 960, and Huracan all at the same time. The market can accommodate a lot of exotics. There is a lot of wealth in the world and they like variety and to switch cars often. More offerings won't lead to lower sales necessarily.

We've seen the addition of several new exotics in recent years and it doesn't seem to be a problem. There will only be more going forward, and costs will come down.

noone1:

I don't see what the problem is. They can sell R8, 960, and Huracan all at the same time. The market can accommodate a lot of exotics. There is a lot of wealth in the world and they like variety and to switch cars often. More offerings won't lead to lower sales necessarily.

The problem is that the current R8 sells like shit in Germany (not sure about other markets) and Audi needs a success story to keep the R8 alive, especially during the current VW Group "identity" crisis.

Also, many at Audi seem to feel that a R8 would only be successful with a V10 but in my opinion, it could be successful with a V8 Biturbo as well if it sounds right.

Selling the next gen R8 at the same price as the Huracan or 960 (or even close to it, like right now) won't work though. The R8 needs to be cheaper to be more competitive, it is an Audi after all (even if this isn't really a bad thing).

We've seen the addition of several new exotics in recent years and it doesn't seem to be a problem. There will only be more going forward, and costs will come down.

This is the hope I am having. They could market the Huracan as an exotic, the 960 as the raw sportscar and the Audi as the more cheaper and more comfortable alternative. Every single model could find it's place in the sportscar world but I'm not sure VW Group thinks the same.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688164 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408540 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255472 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234692 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65327 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857443 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773124 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM