Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: HOT: Pictures of 997 Facelift!!!!

Just came from my P Dealer (was there on other business) and was told that they are taking orders for 2008 997's until July 2008. He showed me the allocations and what had been ordered. Sure enough there it was. They are backed up a good four months.

I don't think that facelift will be here until next fall. Why would they be allocated the cars through July otherwise? Wouldn't Porsche need a stop in production to retool for any changes the facelift would bring?

Just sharing the info...

Quote:
    carreraman said:
    Just came from my P Dealer (was there on other business) and was told that they are taking orders for 2008 997's until July 2008. He showed me the allocations and what had been ordered. Sure enough there it was. They are backed up a good four months.

I don't think that facelift will be here until next fall. Why would they be allocated the cars through July otherwise? Wouldn't Porsche need a stop in production to retool for any changes the facelift would bring?

Just sharing the info...

I would have to agree with this. We'll likely see the first of the FL models Sept. '08 at the earliest.

Heard the same story from my dealer re Boxster. Allocation for rest of year already at hand...
    I was hoping the facelifted Boxster would be here in the Spring; I guess not.

My prediction is that the first Mk IIs will be MY '09, which means Sept '08 delivery.

Quote:
    carreraman said:
    Wouldn't Porsche need a stop in production to retool for any changes the facelift would bring?

I would say Porsche is probably one of fewest, if not the only, manufacturer that their retooling is nothing major at all. Look at the facelift the only thing that will be different is the rear lights and front fog lights which is put in place by hand, hence no major retooling of the assembly line.

The only major retooling they have to do is when they change the model a la 996, 997....

They're going to have to do a lot more than this to get me to switch! I think the originals are beautiful.

No pics of the new interior yet?. . . . .

Quote:
    Dan L said:
    They're going to have to do a lot more than this to get me to switch! I think the originals are beautiful.

WOW- what color is that? Maybe it's also the angle, but that's the nicest looking 911 I've seen lately.

David

Quote:
    DavidSF said:
    [WOW- what color is that? Maybe it's also the angle, but that's the nicest looking 911 I've seen lately.

David

I think exactly the same! Dan has such good taste

Quote:
    DavidSF said:WOW- what color is that? Maybe it's also the angle, but that's the nicest looking 911 I've seen lately.

David

His signature says Torquoise - very nice indeed

Dan L's Turquoise car looks awesome. It's a bit too daring for my taste, though.

I recently saw a pristine Turquoise Metallic 993 (color code is K1/25D) and it looks even better IMHO.

More pics
    and outside

how much would be the face-lift price increase (over the 2008 price)? The usual 2-3%?

Quote:
    xyzx said:
    how much would be the face-lift price increase (over the 2008 price)? The usual 2-3%?

The increase will be smaller than the depreciation suffered by the pre-facelift cars the moment the new model is announced

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:

I would say Porsche is probably one of fewest, if not the only, manufacturer that their retooling is nothing major at all. Look at the facelift the only thing that will be different is the rear lights and front fog lights which is put in place by hand, hence no major retooling of the assembly line.

The only major retooling they have to do is when they change the model a la 996, 997....

Ditto that.....Porsche has been known to even make minor changes before the model year designation changes.

I'm hoping for the face lifted C2S with X51 power to be around 400 bhp, with a PDK, giving a 0-60 around 4.4 sec... WOOZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Re: HOT: Pictures from Facelift 997!!!!

Hi guys - this is my first post.
    I ordered a GT3 last Saturday and expect to take delivery in Australia next March. Presumably this would indicate an early 08 build. Would you expect that this GT3 will incorporate the facelift or is this too early?
    Best regards

My understanding is that there will be no more 997GT3's built after December 2007 for many months. The facelift GT3 MKII will appear as a Model Year 2009 (well after March 2008).

So, I think your car will be built by December and you may have the car before March (don't know how long the boat ride is from Germany to AUS). Otherwise, you will have a much longer wait for an 09...

Quote:
    Liquidator said:
    Hi guys - this is my first post.
    I ordered a GT3 last Saturday and expect to take delivery in Australia next March. Presumably this would indicate an early 08 build. Would you expect that this GT3 will incorporate the facelift or is this too early?
    Best regards

First of all, WELCOME to our forum, Liquidator!
    I hope you will have fun around here.
    I'm pretty sure that your GT3 won't be a facelifted one, sorry .
    Greetings to downunder

Thank you for your kind welcome to this forum

Hey guys we need some pics of the 997facelift interior!. . . .

Someone could post it??

Quote:
    Liquidator said:
    Thank you for your kind welcome to this forum

You're always welcome!

Greetings

Beautiful pics, but wheels look funky or is it me?

anyone know Porsche usually gonna upgrade the interior too?

Talked to my dealer last week. He said Porsche AG is dead quiet on the 997 facelift matter and that it will happen from a day to another. Pressed to give me a good guess he thought the FL would be announced in the fall of 2008 as model year 2009. But he said it wasn't to be considered even as a qualified guess...

What I'd love to see in the FL, other than the exterior:

Chairs
    I'd like to see Porsche doing some magic on the chairs in order to make them comfortable also for long-haul cruising. I currently have the Active Sport seats. They are great for inspired driving, but I find them stiff for longer journeys. Ventilated seats and the possibility to inflate them (or something) in order to make them softer would be great. Would keep by bum in better shape while travelling between tracks.

Audio
    Please give us some kind of built-in iPod/MP3 connection!

Tiptronic
    I am currently drving a manual car. It is fun etc, but I'd prefer an automatic with paddles. (Don't laugh. A vast majority of the F430's are bought with paddles...)

Cruise control
    I miss the speed control options I've experienced in other cars. Such as being able to limit the speed instead of keeping it. For example I'd like to set maximum speed to 150 km/h and then trust the car not to go past that unless I floor it. As it is I only have the alarm sound to let me know. It goes off far to often

Security
    For some reason more cars are equipped with Vehicle Tracking, but the solution is to expensive or even not available on the market. Think again and come up with a final solution that does not involve me being taken as hostage. Hi Porsche: Email me and I'll let you in on a solution that will make Porsche a car that no thief would ever want to touch

Range
    If possible to make the car swallow 1-2 gallons more of fuel, please make it happen.

I want the 997.5 to be as phat as a Hummer

Enough of all this talk about sports cars! Let's hope it comes with big ol' chrome deuces, electric everything, ventilated massaging barca-loungers and a 1000W, 1000lb stereo system, with gold big gulp cup-holders. And please God let it do no more than 10 mpg so my Exxon shares stay high. Which means it must have a V8 and will outdrag an M3 and an SL65.

And while we're at it could someone PLEASE post pics of the interior of the new car - I'm tired of Berfes sounding like a broken record every 10 minutes asking the same question.

There! Nurse has come to give me my meds and tell me it's nap time. Goodnight!

Re: I want the 997.5 to be as phat as a Hummer

Hello ,
    Iam new in the forum before 1 week i order my new 997 4s cabrio and my dealer told me that in his computer the facelift will not come before september.
    My car told me that wiil come in 3 months...

Quote:
    fredar said:
    Talked to my dealer last week. He said Porsche AG is dead quiet on the 997 facelift matter and that it will happen from a day to another. Pressed to give me a good guess he thought the FL would be announced in the fall of 2008 as model year 2009. But he said it wasn't to be considered even as a qualified guess...

What I'd love to see in the FL, other than the exterior:

Chairs
    I'd like to see Porsche doing some magic on the chairs in order to make them comfortable also for long-haul cruising. I currently have the Active Sport seats. They are great for inspired driving, but I find them stiff for longer journeys. Ventilated seats and the possibility to inflate them (or something) in order to make them softer would be great. Would keep by bum in better shape while travelling between tracks.

Audio
    Please give us some kind of built-in iPod/MP3 connection!

Tiptronic
    I am currently drving a manual car. It is fun etc, but I'd prefer an automatic with paddles. (Don't laugh. A vast majority of the F430's are bought with paddles...)

Cruise control
    I miss the speed control options I've experienced in other cars. Such as being able to limit the speed instead of keeping it. For example I'd like to set maximum speed to 150 km/h and then trust the car not to go past that unless I floor it. As it is I only have the alarm sound to let me know. It goes off far to often

Security
    For some reason more cars are equipped with Vehicle Tracking, but the solution is to expensive or even not available on the market. Think again and come up with a final solution that does not involve me being taken as hostage. Hi Porsche: Email me and I'll let you in on a solution that will make Porsche a car that no thief would ever want to touch

Range
    If possible to make the car swallow 1-2 gallons more of fuel, please make it happen.

Maybe the majority of you wishes will be introduced with the Panamera . But please not with a 911 sportscar!

In a car magazine I've read a nice commercial presentation of PORSCHE: A pic of tha Porsche 550 Spyder with the following text: "Wie besiegte der 550 seine Gegner? - Mit Leichtigkeit!" translated (sorry for mistakes) "How did the 550 beat his opponents? - With lightness!"

Please don't misunderstand me, I do like all the helpful things, but the major point of a real sportscar is its weight!

But now please let's get back to the topic (please post pics or other infos of the facelift)... thanks! :

Greetings

Precisely!

Quote:

Please don't misunderstand me, I do like all the helpful things, but the major point of a real sportscar is its weight!

But now please let's get back to the topic (please post pics or other infos of the facelift)... thanks! :

Greetings

Porsche would stop putting all this luxo-crap into its cars if people stop asking for it, and then wanting another 100hp to make them feel "adequate".

Frankly I wish Lotus engineers would take over at Porsche and start designing and building a truly innovative lightweight next generation 911. Let's hope they can take out a minimum of 250kg's, but preferably 500kg's.

Re: Precisely!

well the Elise gets havier from one version to the next and they need to keep adding power to compenstate for weigth...

Re: Precisely!

so ture!

lotus no longer producing a lightweight car.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    766885 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437851 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261587 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258535 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    83089 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5342 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877933 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    810564 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM