Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Last Call! Adding a few options, any advice?

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:What about seats backs in exterior color. I was never happy with the volcano grey contrast with my Triple Black car.

Ah yes, that was the one option that I completely forgot about. Larry (Over the Hill) ordered option code XSB - Sport Seat Back in Leather and it looks great! Covers the entire seatback in leather and the bonus is that the lower section ends up being painted aluminum-look.

Are you planning to get XXZ - Aluminum footrest? Or are you planning to get an aftermarket set of pedals?

Great spec Stradale!!!!! Love the color combo I have sport shifter on my 997s cab and won't be ordering it again. I didn't order it on the TT coupe and also didn't order it on the TT cab. Imagine sitting at the light and you want to take off and the gear won't engage. It happens to me often in my 997S cab and NO it's not me. Engaging gear 1 is the problem. The STD shifter on my TT coupe was perfect. You can always add it later but I wouldn't.

Just ONE vote against the sportshifter.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Just ONE vote against the sportshifter.

There is always somebody that disagrees, ha

That's happened to me a few times, but I slide it into 2nd and then it goes smoothly into 1st. I never associated directly to the SS, but I could be wrong.

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Great spec Stradale!!!!! Love the color combo I have sport shifter on my 997s cab and won't be ordering it again. I didn't order it on the TT coupe and also didn't order it on the TT cab. Imagine sitting at the light and you want to take off and the gear won't engage. It happens to me often in my 997S cab and NO it's not me. Engaging gear 1 is the problem. The STD shifter on my TT coupe was perfect. You can always add it later but I wouldn't.

Same thing would happen in my 997 S Cab. w/ standard shifter. Didn't really think to have it checked or anything, I just thought it was sometimes not meshed. So I would shift down to 2nd and then into 1st before moving which was never a problem... Hmmmmm?? Said it happens to you in your S cab too? Maybe it's more an issue w/ the 997 S then w/ anything on the Turbo or SS? Really not sure but I know exactly what you're referring to. I added the SS & I'll hope for the best, the guys here were all very positive about it, hope they're right.

Thanks! Can't wait to see your car!

I considered the leather seat-backs a lot but still like the look of the stock adaptive sport seats, imo the contrast is very sporty looking & some of that added look vs. the standard seats is gone w/ leather seat backs. Plus in a triple black car it just makes everything too dark.

I ordered the Aluminum footrest but forgot to list it in my option list on this thread. Just got into my office & my pro-forma invoice was on my fax. I'm considering one more change & that is your recommendation for ECA. I checked w/ Suncoast yesterday & it turns out their price on their site for the CF strip is wrong, its not $500+ it's $800+. So it looks like the cost to keep 803 & buy ECA later is about the same as getting ECA from the factory & buying the CF strip to add. (so you really didnt waste any money).. Do you have anymore pics of ECA? If I add it today I want that to be the last call to the dealer, I hate making changes I always feel like I'm being a pain in the ass.

Quote:
    rhino said:
    That's happened to me a few times, but I slide it into 2nd and then it goes smoothly into 1st. I never associated directly to the SS, but I could be wrong.

Do you have a Turbo or a Carrera?

Carrera Scab. It's happened to me few and far between. I also felt it was a meshing problem, and by no way has that made me doubt the SS. In my opinion you made a good move going with the SS, it makes the car much more enjoyable. Looking forward to seeing your TTcab when it arrives, and reading your comparison against your old Scab. I was fortunate buying my Scab while I was waiting for the TTcoupe I had a deposit on. The Scab was so much fun I postponed my TT.

Thanks! The Cabrio.'s add so much, I dont see myself going back to a Coupe for my everyday sports car, ever.

Here's a copy of my Pro Forma Invoice. I think I'm going to make one more call to the dealer to add ECA and then hopefully I'm really done. If you guys have any other ideas please let me know. I can't tell you how helpful you guys have been the last couple of days. Thanks a Million!

Crash,
    Thanks! How about now?

Yep, you've cleaned it up nicely .

Sure, here's a couple more pictures of the ECA shift knob up close.

E-brake handle

You made the right choice going with ECA and the CF trim strip. Give the guys at Sunset Porsche (www.sunsetporsche.com) a call/email. Ask for Eric Svaren and you actually might be able to save a couple more bucks than Suncoast. I found them to be cheaper. I actually got the ECA package from Sunset too. I also really think that ECA is a much more elegant looking than the CF shifter/ebrake handle.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Thanks! The Cabrio.'s add so much, I dont see myself going back to a Coupe for my everyday sports car, ever.

Here's a copy of my Pro Forma Invoice. I think I'm going to make one more call to the dealer to add ECA and then hopefully I'm really done. If you guys have any other ideas please let me know. I can't tell you how helpful you guys have been the last couple of days. Thanks a Million!

Gregg,
    There is only one problem-ECA can not go with 803. So, if you order ECA you need to skip 803 but, you can add CVP. Or even better solution ask you dealer about CVP in CF(it is possible since this item is in Tequipment price list) via Porsche Exclusive...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Gregg,
    There is only one problem-ECA can not go with 803. So, if you order ECA you need to skip 803 but, you can add CVP. Or even better solution ask you dealer about CVP in CF(it is possible since this item is in Tequipment price list) via Porsche Exclusive...

If you read one of Gregg's earlier posts, you'll have seen what his plans are regarding the CF trim strip. He plans to get it from Suncoast (or as I suggested, Sunset) Porsche and add it to his dashboard.

Jason,
    I was just refering to his Proforma Invoice...

I believe he plans to remove 803 and get ECA instead.

BTW, CF Trim strip code at Tequipment is 977 044 800 25 and it costs 500Euro in EU without local VAT...

Thanks Jason... Yeah, I think I have to agree.. It's the ECA brake handle (the finish & shape) especially that looks ultra slick.. IMO you made the right choice instead of DAD. Geeezz imagine how Hot it'll look w/ a leather PCM, CF center console & turbo logo'd storage compartment lid- I yi yi,,,I think I finally have my interior....I was happy w/ my specs before but now I'm really freakin excited.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Jason,
    I was just refering to his Proforma Invoice...

No, you're right, that was from yesterday before I decided to add ECA, I'm going to wait till this afternoon before calling the dealer & switching 803 w/ ECA & getting the CF strip seperately as Jason suggested. I just wanted to make sure I dont have any other changes before I make the call.

I love the ECA. Much nicer than DAD. Even after receiving this email from Germany, I still can't get DAX which is the ECA with CDZ & deviating stitching. Therefore I'am stuck with the DAW (DAD).
    Has anybody had any luck calling these guys in Germany. I want to see why in the States, I can't get what Germany says I can get.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 10:28 AM
    To: H. Duffy Friedlander
    Subject: Antwort: Exclusive question - help please

Dear Mr. Freelander,

Sorry for the late answer, I was on holyday till today.

The shifter and handbrake including the deviating stitching and the gear
    lever trim leathered has the ordercode DAW or DAX .

For any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Stefan Nadj

Stefan,

I'm a little surprised that you weren't able to get option DAX. What happened when your dealership tried to add DAX? Was it rejected by the system?

Gregg,

You're finally there from the sounds of it, you're definitely going to have a KILLER interior when you finally get your car! I absolutely can't wait to see how it all turns out for you. I'm still mulling over the possibility of getting my PCM painted in aluminum look. Eric says he can do it but the big issue is how to get my PCM taken apart and sent in for that. Seems like it'd be more trouble than it'd be worth. So, for now I'm sticking with the ugly volcano grey look.

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Stefan,

I'm a little surprised that you weren't able to get option DAX. What happened when your dealership tried to add DAX? Was it rejected by the system?

Gregg,

You're finally there from the sounds of it, you're definitely going to have a KILLER interior when you finally get your car! I absolutely can't wait to see how it all turns out for you. I'm still mulling over the possibility of getting my PCM painted in aluminum look. Eric says he can do it but the big issue is how to get my PCM taken apart and sent in for that. Seems like it'd be more trouble than it'd be worth. So, for now I'm sticking with the ugly volcano grey look.

Thanks.. I really appreciate your help.

It would look good Alum look but I would leave it. I'm one of the minority that thinks the Grey PCM looks fine. I only just added the Leather PCM yesterday originally I thought the stock PCM looked fine. The leather looks really nice but imo the contrast of the stock PCM looks good too. Not sure how big a job it is but its doesnt look simple. If it's a lot of work I wouldn't take the dash apart...Unless maybe you wanted to add CF vents as well at the same time, that way you wouldnt have the CF on top of the dash but would have the CF vents... You don't think Porsche will ever offer a Leather PCM?

Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Stefan,

Gregg,

Jason,

Interesting story. My dealer could not get the computer to take DAX. I replied to the email in the previous post from Stefan (Stefan is the Porsche exclusive rep from Porsche, I'm Duffy) and he asked for the name of my dealer and the contact person. About a week later, I received a call from my salesman (who happens to be the sales manager) saying he heard from his Porsche rep in the states that I had COMPLAINED about HIM to Germany. (Those Porsche guys in Germany sure can get things twisted) Bottom line is the local rep said DAX isn't available in the states.

By the way New Country in Greewich has a Basalt/Black TT Coupe on the floor stickered @ $131,840. Lightly optioned. Pictures on the Porsche Dealers Website

Quote:
    RAKLAW said:
    By the way New Country in Greewich has a Basalt/Black TT Coupe on the floor stickered @ $131,840. Lightly optioned. Pictures on the Porsche Dealers Website

I saw the car when I was there last week. They had 2 Basalt Turbo Coupe's (that I saw) one inside & one outside.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Stefan,

Gregg,

The leather looks really nice but imo the contrast of the stock PCM looks good too. Not sure how big a job it is but its doesnt look simple.

It is not so much the color of the stock PCM that could be slightly disturbing to the eye of a critcial observer. It is more the mixture of a (significant) number of different materials/surfaces... Bright silver, dark silver, leather, carbon etc... With the leather options you can (at least) eliminate the dark silver

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Stefan,

Gregg,

The leather looks really nice but imo the contrast of the stock PCM looks good too. Not sure how big a job it is but its doesnt look simple.

It is not so much the color of the stock PCM that could be slightly disturbing to the eye of a critcial observer. It is more the mixture of a (significant) number of different materials/surfaces... Bright silver, dark silver, leather, carbon etc... With the leather options you can (at least) eliminate the dark silver

That's exactly my issue here. I already have so many different types of material in my car and would like to try and get them to "integrate" a bit more.

Duffy, my apologies for having thought you were Stefan.

You sure you want to go with the stnd seat backs on the Adaptive Seats. If you don't want leather (which I would't do either,) I still would opt for painted in ext,. color or Alu. Look. rather than that volcano color. I mean with top down I never liked the color from the rear view as it went with nothing. At least Alu look has a shine to it

forgot..and matched the alu look on some trim pieces

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    761911 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435084 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260358 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257442 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80895 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871945 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807297 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM