Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Formula 1 China GP

Quote:
    Moogleso said:
    That is crazy what just happened with Hamilton... very disapointing

Really, dissapointing............the same wh=ith the aquaplanning of Alonso in Zipango

Congrats to the Iceman and Vettel!

Stay tuned for the final three way shoot out in Brazil between Alonso, Kimi and H-Man.

The BBC was already calling Hamilton the "Champion Elect" before the race had even started today! Nice to not see Hamilton Crowned Super Hero - Second Coming of Jesus of Gasolene - Walks On Water headlines all over the UK press after todays race.

Amen

I told you that it ain't over till it's over.
    Now Alonso has the upper hand. He knows that track, he won his last title in Brazil 2006. If he really wants to be a champion Lewis needs to prove he is it worth it.
    A crazy Brazilian result could also make Kimi a vice-champion with Lewis first and Alonso third. As they say, anything is possible.

For me the big question is: given the opportunity, will Lewis do what MS did in the past? Will Lewis just take Alonso out? True, if he does that and Kimi wins, Kimi take the title so probably he will not do it. But anyway, that is an interesting prospect.

What a tensed season and what a suspense !

Hamilton/Mclaren took too much risk, they could afford to drive conservative and to pit earlier.
    Hamilton is of course faulty, but also Mclaren whose reactivity by such conditions are always flawed. Can you imagine such failures happen at Ferrari during the Brawn-Schumi area ?

Also it is ironic it is partly a team failure which could cost him the title, considering the favoritism towards Hamilton so often alleged by Alonso's fans.
    Now the question is, do Mclaren for the last race ultimately have to favour one of their pilots, since Kimi can also win the championship ?

The Fin is almost untouchable and very impressive when he has a car with the right pace.

Alonso as always the hunter who doesn't concede anything.

Massa disappointing, since he drove with the soft tires unlike Alonso, besides on a car who had a slight edge performance-wise, nevertheless he was unable to keep up with the Spaniard.

I am so happy for Vettel, amazing results after the eventful week he has been through(man of the race with Kimi IMHO) !

Fantastic Raikkonen!

Looks like tyres were too worn, McLaren should call Hamilton on pit stop one lap earlier... Still 4 points is big gap, my bet is still same, that Hamilton will win championship. I hope for better weather in Interlagos.

I was opposite the pits on the straight. I was watching Hamilton come into the pit, and the next thing you know, he was understeering straight into the gravel trap! Unbelievable! Also what happened a few laps before when Kimi suddenly closed up the 4-5 second gap on him?

Quote:
    WAY said:
    I was opposite the pits on the straight. I was watching Hamilton come into the pit, and the next thing you know, he was understeering straight into the gravel trap! Unbelievable! Also what happened a few laps before when Kimi suddenly closed up the 4-5 second gap on him?

Hamilton's rear tyre was disintegrating, so he had a hard time controlling the car, and almost went off a couple of times - so he lost a lot of time to Kimi.

Looks like Hamilton is human after all.
    A couple of huge mistakes in today's GP lost him 10 points and a comfortable championship win.

Why the hell he
    a) drove like he was on fire and didnt mind the dry/wet conditions and hence shredded his tires
    b) kept fighting Kimi (on his last lap) although Kimi was no threat at that point
    c) didn't take it REAL slow when his tyre started to come off
    is a mystery to me.
    He has so much talent and an unusual amount of discipline for such a young driver, that it is beyond me how he could throw this race in the toilet.

When that is said, I think this is the absolute best thing that could happen for F1. We can now look fforward to a GP in Brazil with 3 guys doing whatever it takes to bring home the trophy.

I dunno who to bet on, but I'm pretty sure Hamilton will HAVE to be more focussed and/or relaxed/cool in Brazil if he is not to lose the championship.
    I hope Kimi wins the championship, but realisticly I'd say Alonso has the best position.
    That is, if he pulls himself together, STFU and concentrates on driving.
    If that happens and if Kimi can hit his best form, it will be a nightmare for Hamilton in Sao Paolo.

Video from after he got stuck.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tT4dOnG7NcM

(I couldn't resistt adding the inevitable exclamation to it... )

D'OH indeed!

It is indeed a mystery why he stayed out for so long when he was 3 or 4 seconds slower than everyone else with 20-odd laps remaining.

It's quite remarkable that he didn't buckle under the pressure and cried like a baby. Based on the evidence you provided, he only muttered a nonchalant "D'OH"....which was cool.

At least we've now got another two weeks to bitch about how Alonso is unfairly treated by McLaren all season etc etc etc....

Can't wait for the finale in Brazil

Quote:
    moto said:
    D'OH indeed!

It is indeed a mystery why he stayed out for so long when he was 3 or 4 seconds slower than everyone else with 20-odd laps remaining.

From James Allen's verdict:

Quote:
    It was a calamitous decision by McLaren not to bring Hamilton in for new tyres in the laps up to lap 31.

It reminded me of Nurburgring 2005 when they left Raikkonen out on a badly flat-spotted tyre in the closing stages and he lost the race.

This was worse as there was still a long way to go in the race and it was painfully clear from Lewis's lap times that he was in terrible trouble.

From doing 1m43s laps on lap 25 he slipped to 1m50s on lap 27 and his next three were in the 1m55s.

In other words he was 12 seconds a lap slower than he had been five laps earlier. He lost seven seconds to Alonso in one lap alone.

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=James_Allen&PO_ID=41001

Bizarre isn't it - so even if they fuelled hamilton's car to the finish a few laps earlier, they wouldn't have lost that sort of time (7 seconds a lap)....

Brazil is going to be a great race - I wonder if Messa is going to have an important role - he obviously would want to do well there?

Massa did again the fastest lap in race. I really think the guy is fast, but not to drive in traffic/against others.

re. the youtube video. I do not understand spanish, but the commentators sure seemed very happy about Hamilton retiring...not very fair play.

Too bad the mistake comes at this point in the season.
    I now think Alonso will bag the title. (and this is really D'OH )

McLaren at fault, they ought to have called him in, as only needed second place. Still sets up rather nicely for Brazil, just hope Massa is not influenced into taking a car out and goes for a home win. If all three finish on 110 points, I presume Kimi gets it on number of wins.

A few observations:

1. Kimi has more wins (5) than either Alonso or Hamilton (4)
    2. Kimi has 2 DNF's vs Alonso & Hamilton both with 1.

Bottom line - lack of consistency & some bad luck has cost Kimi the title (unless a miracle occurs).

Hamilton has shown great skills and deserves the title more than Alonso.

IMO, Massa still doesn't have what it takes to win the title. Not great in the wet and not the best at overtaking. Not to mention how he allows others to sucker him into overshooting corners etc.

I think it was tactics of Ferrari, to let Massa finish third behind Alonso. If you look at the last laps of Massa, he constantly drove the fastest laps, closing the gap to Alonso. No question he could have done that earlier.

First goal of Ferrari was that Kimi won the race, but the second goal surely was to let Alonso get as many points as possible, to make him "hot" enough to fight Hamilton in the last race in Brazil as hard as the Spaniard can. With 103 points Alonso is only 4 points behind Hamilton, enough motivation for him and perhaps a little chance for Kimi.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Alonso has already started crying to the press, I cannot wait to see him interviewed after Hamilton wins the title tomorrow.

tomorrow?!?!?!?

Lewis:"I was trying to be very careful and as a result was not really fighting aggressively with Kimi," explained Hamilton. "It would have worked out perfectly, but I then made a mistake coming into the pitlane and that was it. We made the right decision, and it was just unfortunate. I will now focus on attacking in Brazil where I will do everything I can to bounce back.

"When I got out of the car I was obviously gutted for both myself and the team. I haven't made a mistake all year but I am over it now. There is still one race to go, so I can still do it. I made a strong start to the race and my first stop went well. Prior to entering the pit lane for my last stop I was constantly talking to the team. Although my tyres were in poor condition we took a joint decision to get through the last rain shower before changing to dry tyres."

Good for the kid! He knows what he did!

You know, I am starting to believe that, unknown to the public, F1 cars have a Bluetooth option, aproved by Bernie and Max, so the drivers can receive phone calls from them: "Lewis, now it's the best time to retire from race so we can increase the drama to the max!".

Just kidding guys.

Quote:
    Pentium said:
    You know, I am starting to believe that, unknown to the public, F1 cars have a Bluetooth option, aproved by Bernie and Max, so the drivers can receive phone calls from them: "Lewis, now it's the best time to retire from race so we can increase the drama to the max!".

Just kidding guys.

"Lewis, don't do this for yourself, do it for the team!"

Honestly, he did actually say something new yesterday. He didn't thank the team, but was instead sorry for the team. What a breath of fresh air .

Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:
    Alonso has already started crying to the press, I cannot wait to see him interviewed after Hamilton wins the title tomorrow.

tomorrow?!?!?!?

In two weeks Ed

A friend of mine said to me imagine if Alonso had gone out in the way Lewis did, there would probably have been an FIA investigation and Alonso would say the team deliberately sabotaged him!

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Quote:
    ed_moree said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

tomorrow?!?!?!?

In two weeks Ed

A friend of mine said to me imagine if Alonso had gone out in the way Lewis did, there would probably have been an FIA investigation and Alonso would say the team deliberately sabotaged him!

come on man!!! FIA investigation that Alonso is out?!?! If Alonso goes out in front of the pit lanes like Hamilton did they may take points or penalise him because he stopped the car in the middle of the pit lane making difficult for others to pass him.... There is no way FIA will make any favor to Fernando.... But they are giving a lot of favor to Hamilton, and then they are almost all of them english.... and Hamilton also...

And he will be champion in two weeks time because as Ron Dennis said they fight against Alonso not against Raikkonen. And if Hamilton goes out again I think they will remotely stop Alonso's car just to be sure that he will never be champion.....

You missed my point, I was joking..what would be for certain is that Alonso, being the classy guy he is would cry for the next ten years about McLaren cheating him if the same thing had happened to him as happened to LH yesterday! Unlike LH yesterday, Alonso will never admit something is his fault.

And apparently Ron Dennis's middle name is Blofeld and he lives in an underwater castle in Woking plotting how to topple governments..

I was shocked by Ron Dennis's slip of the tongue as well (when he said that Hamilton was really racing against Alonso, not Raikkonen)...what a faux pas!

I was in a pre-race briefing session by this popular German commentator and expert (don't have my paperwork so can't tell you his name!), and he said that Ron Dennis and the team do not want Hamilton to win the race or the championship in this round due to the late night TV coverage in UK/Europe. So maybe he was sabortaged by the team afterall!

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    I was shocked by Ron Dennis's slip of the tongue as well (when he said that Hamilton was really racing against Alonso, not Raikkonen)...what a faux pas!

Ron Dennis has a very high Duplicity rating.

Has he truly been fielding two 100% equal race cars all season? Could, would any team???????????? Unlikely. Alonso is no charmer, but I suspect his car doesnt get 100% the hp and setup that Hamiltons gets...What better way to promote Hamilton than to hoist two time world champion winner Alonso
    on the Mclaren petard.

If Dennis is really being earnest about his cars being equal all the time...let him release unscrubbed qualifying and race telemetry and other data to prove it at the end of the season.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

Perhaps what Ron Dennis meant was that Hamilton could still have won the title in China if he finished behind Raikkonen, but not if he finished behind Alonso.

I believe McLaren started out this season wishing both their drivers the very best but since Alonso has been throwing his toys out of his pram because they would not favour him (which was around the 3rd race or the season), I think the team have just grown tired of him and who wouldn't?

If you were McLaren and you had one of your drivers trying to blackmail you into giving you number one status by threatening to take his cheating emails to the FIA, thus getting you kicked out of the constructors championship and fined $100 million, would you really want this guy to go on to win the title?

It's not just British people who want Hamilton to win. Even the likes of Niki Lauda have come out saying Alonso winning this years title would be a joke because of the way he has behaved. Alonso has a well-known track record of publicly slagging off and blaming his team for his own failures. He did it with Renault last year. The fact is he just can't handle being beaten and he really is a paranoid person. He was the same at Renault when Trulli was beating him in qualifying.

Lewis is better than him, plain and simple. It's plain for everyone to see the two McLaren cars are very evenly matched so Alonso's moans are based on the fact he's not as good as he (or a lot of others) thought.

If Lewis was slower than Alonso, none of what has happened this season would have been. It's plain frustration. He's just a very bad loser and if he were to win the title this year it would be the most undeserved title I can ever remember.

Compare with Kimi who also came into a team where Massa is managed by Jean Todt's son, where he learned from their hero Michael Schumacher and in the early part of the season was regularly beating Kimi. Did Kimi complain once? No, he focused on his driving and got the job done!

If Alonso manages to win the title... it will leave a sour taste in my mouth. No class... the dude has no class.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689513 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409199 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255721 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234975 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65522 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857947 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773998 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM