Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche day in Belgium

The table of the runners up (2nd and 3rd place) , the cups proof it

And finally the guy who made it all happen , Koen , thanks mate !!!!

most pictures are mine but some are 'borrowed from other participants (thanks guys)

Nice looking place, thanks for posting. I like the old 911 nose better than 996/997.

That is a great looking 997tt!

Wow!
    Must have been awesome to be an unaware bystander and suddenly see 60 porsches passing by...
    -Joost-

looks good!
    and must be fun to do

maybe next year ....

Quote:
    993S said:
    There were more than 60 teams present and it was an extra wonderful day to say the least.

Hi Denis - it's a pity that I couldn't make it this year, but I hope for next year again
    Seems that there have been even more participants compared to last year
    Also Koen seems to have excellent relationship with the weather gods
    Your new TT looks awesome How about meeting up for the track day in Spa (17th Oct - see related thread)

Hi Dennis!
    I don't know you, but my car is on treeof your pics (the black 997S cab with licence JV.911)
    I wasn't there myself because of the sudden death of my mam last saturday.
    I gave my car to my best friend to enjoy the always well-organised trip.
    He never drove it and he was "sandwiched" all day between 3 other p-club friends of mine.
    You see the 4 cars (mine is 3d) on the pic with this comment: "and another question to be answered so some 'resting' Porsches with owners looking for the answer "

Beltar,
    My sincerest condolences. I wish you and your family the strength to cope with such a terrible loss.
    With kind regards,
    -Joost-

beltar,

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my deepest condolences. I pray you and your family can find the strength to overcome this loss.

Easy

innige deelneming Beltar...

I was there too!

Didn't know it was you in the turbo, I just knew the driver also had a 996 GT3 RS, I should've made the link

I was a co-driver in a 997S X51 PCCB, huuuugely impressive car, really!

, Dirk if you're lurking here, thanks for the opportunity

Some crappy pics I took...

Beltar's pride and joy, sorry for your loss mate...

Incredibly low mileage on the arenared 993TT you saw in the other pics..

This is where magic happens...

A place I really didn't want to get out of... (I'm in love with the adaptive sportseats btw)

"our" car taking a rest...

Porsches in the pre-Cayenne era are far from offroaders..`

The absolutely mint 993TT

993S's Turbo gets some company

The stop at the restaurant where we all enjoyed a fabulous dinner!

I had a wonderful day, big thanks to the organisator!

Great photos, guys!

But the question that I have had for a lot of time is: where do you use these cars in Belgium? With all the speed cameras and undercover cars, plus the exorbitant 2000 EUR fines, how do you avoid getting caught?

Awesome photos. Wish I could come along next time!

Wow guys (in belgium), I had no idea that some of you know each in real life.

Nice pic, nice cars. What else can I say?

I wish I could have been there and meet you guys for real. It would have been nice.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Great photos, guys!

But the question that I have had for a lot of time is: where do you use these cars in Belgium? With all the speed cameras and undercover cars, plus the exorbitant 2000 EUR fines, how do you avoid getting caught?

Just have to be quick enough...
    There still are many little roads where it's quiet and most enjoyable to drive a porsche fast without getting caught or endangeouring other people.

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Great photos, guys!

There still are many little roads where it's quiet and most enjoyable to drive a porsche fast without getting caught or endangeouring other people.

Yep, beltar is right.

There are many roads, even in brussels where you can have fun. Speed cameras are quite obvious, you can see them from good distance. That's when they don't alert you a few meters before.

In vlaanderen, it gets tough though.

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Great photos, guys!

Yep, beltar is right.

There are many roads, even in brussels where you can have fun. Speed cameras are quite obvious, you can see them from good distance. That's when they don't alert you a few meters before.

What about unmarked police cars and such? I'll probably be visiting Brussels again this winter and wouldn't like to contribute several thousand Euros to the belgian budget.

Btw., what's with Flanders to make it so tough?

In Flanders, there are more speed cameras, more unmarked police cars stationned alongside the road with speed cameras, ... Flanders is very thick poplated these days, so there are lots of cars along side of many B-roads, you can't know whether it's a car belonging to nearby living people, or a police car just out to get you...

Just look at the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjjtob83i4 The woman explains how she gets a kick when she can book one who drives more than 90 kmh in an area where only 50 kmh is allowed (in Belgium, you loose your license for that) and you can hear and see her disappointment when one brakes just before the camera. In the end, a Belgium radio station mentions "the falling stars", i.e. location of the mobile speed cameras and she is disappointed even more...

There are some fun roads tough, only you have to search a little bit harder...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and every tip you've got for not get caught speeding, is welcome

For the funny amongst you, yes I know that not speeding is a good option but in Belgium, and certainly in Flanders there are many good B-roads where you can only drive 70 kmh, even in the middle of the night, with the roads enlightened, good weather and ... Maybe this is one of the reasons why it's so easy to get caught: the speed limits are set to low.

Oh, and did I mention that the Belgian government needs the extra cash and that speeding tickets are a good source of income

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    amazon said:
    Quote:
    beltar said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Great photos, guys!

Yep, beltar is right.

What about unmarked police cars and such? I'll probably be visiting Brussels again this winter and wouldn't like to contribute several thousand Euros to the belgian budget.

Btw., what's with Flanders to make it so tough?

They've got moer money to spend and their policy is tougher. So they bought a LOT of autamatic radars. Nothing that a good GPS can't warn you about.

As for unmarked polica cars, they are pretty rare. Almost none in brussels. As for the "autoroutes", you have to slow down when you drive under bridges, and look out ofr spaces where a car could stop ( in the middle, between the opposite road direction) or near the emergency lane. But it's quite rare.

The ring around brussels is the nightmare spot. Respect speed limits all the time. Same fr access roads to brussels. Inside the city, there are speed cameras on all the main roads (but the speed cameras rea usually warned by a small plate telling you "radar") but not on the back roads.

Hope it helps

Thanks guys! I'll look for the 'vallende sternen' reports. Just one more question, which I forgot to ask: do you have any VASCAR or ProVida cars on the road? Meaning the car has no radar, just a camera and it measures your speed over a given distance. They are probably the most dangerous if encountered on the motorway.

I'm afraid we have some cars driving around like that too, mostly Volvo's I think.

They were featured in a Belgian tv-show but many speeding charges were dropped because the presence of the cameras violated the right to a fair trail of the suspect

If it's any consolation: at least the foreigners don't loose their license as easy as the Belgians amongst us...

Before you get any wrong ideas of me, in the humble 5 years that I drive around (good for some 140.000 km, mostly in Belgium, but also in Germany, France, Luxembourg, ...) I have never had an accident or been caught speeding (except for one time in Germany were I hadn't seen the speed sign, never got a ticket tough). So I don't encourage speeding or something like that, but in some cases the speed limits should be a little bit higher. I often return from my GF at night, it's a 1h30 drive on highways. 120 kmh is ridiculous then, especially when there are 3 lanes...

Enjoy your upcoming stay in Belgium

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689304 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409080 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234943 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65498 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857889 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM