Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

4Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia Review

Quote:
    Driving

This section should perhaps be renamed On the Track, for that is the Scuderia's natural habitat. And away from the speed cameras, other road users and forces of the law, it does things so far beyond the traditional realm of mere road cars on mere road tyres that even once you've experienced it, walked away, had a nice sit down and thought about, it still seems hard to grasp.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/rt/ferrari/430/2522/2

Re: 4Car: Ferrari 430 Scuderia Review

Atleast the review is honest. From the running costs and equipment but for a car such as this the Driving section is most important.

Fast car. Makes me wonder how fast the 430's replacement will be.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Probably GT2 territory.

I think people need to keep the Scud in perspective. It may be faster than the Enzo around the Ferrari track but highly unlikely it would beat it on any other venue. Additionally, I suspect the Scud will not break 7.40 at the Ring.

Finally, in my opinion the car is over priced and totally useless for street driving. I frequently drove the 360 Stradale and after awhile behind the wheel, I would have a headache because of its rawness.

Just not my type of car.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    I think people need to keep the Scud in perspective. It may be faster than the Enzo around the Ferrari track but highly unlikely it would beat it on any other venue. Additionally, I suspect the Scud will not break 7.40 at the Ring.

Finally, in my opinion the car is over priced and totally useless for street driving. I frequently drove the 360 Stradale and after awhile behind the wheel, I would have a headache because of its rawness.

Just not my type of car.

Not your type of car,(that's no surprise ) but it's how a REAL Ferrari should be ! FAST AND PURE !!!

I can't wait to drive (and race) it !

I agree with Patriek, racing feel is what it's all about.
    And I'm glad they are going back to their roots on the 430 replacement.
    They are smart howerever in realizing that at least 50% of the buyers want a soft seat and a civilised car to go with the exclusivity. Hence the introduction of yet another GT model. Front mid for GT and comfort - Back middle for HC experience

Quote:
    Patriek said:it's how a REAL Ferrari should be ! FAST AND PURE !!!

I agree, except to be really Pure, they should have a manual gearbox option

Doesn't seem that Luddite gearboxes are compatible w/state-of-art chassis/drivetrain networks....era ended 1+yr ago w/intro of 599, for which F couldn't successfully sync the Luddite box....Scud is 18mos newer tech....

No worries...P will likely still be trying to sell GT2/3, etc w/Luddite boxes for yrs....prob professing "purity" to elder enthusiasts while trying to explain away P's lack of R&D productivity....

Quote:
    nberry said:

Just not my type of car.

"Finally, in my opinion the car is over priced and totally useless for street driving."

You say that about every car that's better than yours.

David

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:it's how a REAL Ferrari should be ! FAST AND PURE !!!

I agree, except to be really Pure, they should have a manual gearbox option

Well, let's put it this way then:

It's the interpretation for the 21st centrury of how a real Ferrari should be.

"Not your type of car,(that's no surprise ) but it's how a REAL Ferrari should be ! FAST AND PURE !!!

I can't wait to drive (and race) it ! "

Patriek > I hope we'll see you on a track with the club Ferrari

Quote:
    nberry said:

Just not my type of car.

I agree with nick, I usually love the stripped out cars for their purposefullness, but lately Im thinking they really are just track toys...the regular F430 can be specced with much of the same stuff, CC brakes etc...for a road car, its likely better...

Quote:
    nberry said:

Finally, in my opinion the car is over priced and totally useless for street driving.

You meant to say not expensive enough in the US, no?
    Can I go to a dealer and order one for 6m/1y delivery? No. Thus it is too cheap. Basic economics.

Quote:
    bostonmini said:
    I agree with nick, I usually love the stripped out cars for their purposefullness, but lately Im thinking they really are just track toys...the regular F430 can be specced with much of the same stuff, CC brakes etc...for a road car, its likely better...

If Ferrari fulfils its promises and makes the F430 lighter and more hardcore, with the new California GT for their more comfort-orientated customers, the market for cars like the Scuderia will become even smaller.

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Just not my type of car.

Not your type of car,(that's no surprise ) but it's how a REAL Ferrari should be ! FAST AND PURE !!!

I can't wait to drive (and race) it !

Patriek, if performance is what you want especially for track, the GT2 is a much better value. I have no doubt it will spank the Scud without breaking a sweat. So why buy the Scud IF IT IS PERFORMANCE YOU ARE AFTER.

As for my preference, track work to me is "been there done that". My days of consuming tires, brake pads and performance enhancements to improve my time by a second or two are behind me. I think I am just wiser.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Probably GT2 territory.

The Scud is already as fast as the GT2 & carries less weight per hp. The 430 replacement will be lighter and faster than the GT2 easy.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Just not my type of car.

You're getting too old Nick. The difference in the CS vs the 430 is not that big at all especially since the 430's exhaust is much louder than the Modena. I never had a problem driving my CS all day and still ready for more. And now find my 430 very similair to my CS.

The differences CS vs 430 in terms of comfort/everyday use are very small, matter of fact you couldn't find 2 cars that are more alike.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Probably GT2 territory.

The Scud is already as fast as the GT2 & carries less weight per hp. The 430 replacement will be lighter and faster than the GT2 easy.

Is it really as fast?

No. Scud will be slower then GT2 on three major German race track used by their car mags-Hockenheim, Nordschleife and Oschersleben. Trust me on this...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    No. Scud will be slower then GT2 on three major German race track used by their car mags-Hockenheim, Nordschleife and Oschersleben. Trust me on this...

The question is: by what margin is the GT2 faster If the difference in NBR lap times was (for example) just 3-4s or so one could argue that the Scuderia has much more of an identity and is still nearly as fast as the (a bit boring?) GT2...

However, if the gap was larger than 3-4s...

Interesting observation Rossi. Maybe with the California GT and the F430 going to the extremes, I do not see it as a bad thing if the market for cars like the Scuderia deminishes. I think the F430 should have been what the Scuderia is in the first place.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

What would the reasons be for it to be slower than the GT2? The tires, the damping, or the overall balance and package differences between the two? Would this translate to other circuits like Spa, Paul Ricard, Mugello, Imola, and Misano for example?

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

What would the reasons be for it to be slower than the GT2? The tires, the damping, or the overall balance and package differences between the two? Would this translate to other circuits like Spa, Paul Ricard, Mugello, Imola, and Misano for example?

Maybe Ferrari should put the engine behind the rear axle

Quote:
    Modrocket_stereo said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

First, overall package, Second, torque. GT2 will be more agile on track with lots of slow curves and probably faster on straights.

Quote:
    commendatore said:
    "Not your type of car,(that's no surprise ) but it's how a REAL Ferrari should be ! FAST AND PURE !!!

I can't wait to drive (and race) it ! "

Patriek > I hope we'll see you on a track with the club Ferrari

I am NOT interested in the "club"

Quote:
    nberry said:
    It may be faster than the Enzo around the Ferrari track but highly unlikely it would beat it on any other venue.

So, the scud will be "near" enzo territory, yes?

The scud is less than half the price of the original enzo price. You should be complaining then, right?

Your comments about the GT2 being at CGT territory should relate quite nicely here too, don't you think?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Just not my type of car.

You're getting too old Nick. The difference in the CS vs the 430 is not that big at all especially since the 430's exhaust is much louder than the Modena. I never had a problem driving my CS all day and still ready for more. And now find my 430 very similair to my CS.

The differences CS vs 430 in terms of comfort/everyday use are very small, matter of fact you couldn't find 2 cars that are more alike.

It doesn't matter to Nick. The thing that matters to Nick is the Scuderia is better than his precious F430. Therefore he will criticize it, just like he criticizes every other car that's better than his, whether real or perceived, by sports car fans. Just read this forum, the Sports Car forum, the Porsche forums. He does nothing but criticize cars that are better than his "child" (F430), and leaves lessor sports cars alone. BTW, I agree with you, Nick is getting too old (senile, early dementia?).

David

Quote:
    JP66 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    It may be faster than the Enzo around the Ferrari track but highly unlikely it would beat it on any other venue.

The scud is less than half the price of the original enzo price. You should be complaining then, right?

Your comments about the GT2 being at CGT territory should relate quite nicely here too, don't you think?

The difference is the Enzo sells for about $500,000 over its MSRP. The CGT sells for about $100,000 LESS than its MSRP. Porsche by introducing a car with about the same performance parameters for $250,000 less while the CGT resale values are continuing to decline is treating their best customers rather shabbily.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    JP66 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

The difference is the Enzo sells for about $500,000 over its MSRP. The CGT sells for about $100,000 LESS than its MSRP. Porsche by introducing a car with about the same performance parameters for $250,000 less while the CGT resale values are continuing to decline is treating their best customers rather shabbily.

Nick you truly are nuts! Do you even understand the point JP66 was trying to make? Do you even understand the point you yourself have been trying to make? The Enzo selling $500k over MSRP makes JP66's point even stronger and makes you look even more stupid. Think about it. With the Scuderia you can get "near" Enzo performance (at least better than the Enzo on a track, according to this thread) at 1/4 of the selling price of the Enzo ($500k over MSRP as you put it)! Compare that with the GT2 selling for 1/2 the price of a CGT (about $200k vs. $400k, since you say the CGT sells for $100k less than MSRP). Do you understand that 1/4 is less than 1/2? Do you understand that, based on your nutty logic, that means Ferrari is treating their customers more shabbily than Porsche by offering a car at 1/4 the price (the Scuderia) than their flagship car (Enzo) that has better performance on the track and "near" same performance elsewhere? Does any of this make sense to you? Your twisted mind is probably thinking Enzo owners are hating themselves for paying $500k over MSRP for a car that's now matched by the Scuderia at 1/4 the price, and hating Ferrari for once again spitting in their faces.

David

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753436 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430884 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258675 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255524 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79569 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868462 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802089 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM