Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Urus (SUV)

SciFrog:

I am going to be frank, who cares about Germany? This is not what this car was made for.

I care...because I live here. Smiley Smiley Smiley True, Germany certainly isn't the target market.

I think the design is a great success for a crossover with the contraints of the segment. It has some of the elements you would expect from Lamborghini. In some colors it is actually too tame for my taste, but it can be configured to look the part.

Not sure how much of a crossover this is (or supposed to be) but it looks good (not perfect though). Not a friend of the sideline.

Sorry RC but you cannot say this is overpriced. A mass market designed 580hp Cayenne TTS at $170k is overpriced. A $200k exotic 650hp top of the segment Lamborghini is not.

Where did I say it is overpriced? Smiley I only said it is a bit exaggerated (it was supposed to start below 200k) but people will pay that amount for it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Could have been someone else saying it was overpriced...

No doubt the Urus will have an amazing presence in the flesh seeing how good it looks already in the pics and videos.

Sorry for the lack of consideration for our German friends here, it is an economic superpower with great work ethics. That said, when we were looking for a town/country for the next phase of our lives, it wasn’t even a consideration. Didn’t even make it in the top 10 in Europe...

SciFrog:

Could have been someone else saying it was overpriced...

No doubt the Urus will have an amazing presence in the flesh seeing how good it looks already in the pics and videos.

Sorry for the lack of consideration for our German friends here, it is an economic superpower with great work ethics. That said, when we were looking for a town/country for the next phase of our lives, it wasn’t even a consideration. Didn’t even make it in the top 10 in Europe...

You don't have to apologize. Germany is a great country to live in, very safe, nice people and it has it's advantages. When it comes to wealth, weather and tolerance, things look different. Everyone here seems to be concerned with what others do, what others earn and their social engagement. Some Germans may not even notice this because they don't care but 99% are well aware of the envy and challenges when it comes to social "acceptance". Smiley

If me and my wife would find a job in Florida, we would be out instantly. Smiley (not that I haven't said it before often enough)

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

So do the seats fold? It just seems too small to be an SUV.

It is a crossover, not a SUV...

noone1:

So do the seats fold? It just seems too small to be an SUV.

It's in the article I posted the link to -

" The rear features either a three-seat bench with Isofix points or, as an option, two seats. The Urus has a boot with a 616-litre capacity, which can be extended by folding down the rear of the bench seats. "

SciFrog:

It is a crossover, not a SUV...

It is bigger than the Macan, so I'd call it a SUV. Smiley

--

I'd just get a LR or something really comfortable and with utility. If I wanted a small Lamborghini that handles well and is kind of quick, I'd just get a "real" Lamborghini...

I have to admit, other than having to deal with a crappy gas tank which makes the interior smell, if I want a Lamborghini SUV I'm getting the 90's teenager's wet dream:

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Nobody is seriously going to buy this car for utility. It is a statement of wealth pure and simple in the same way that the forthcoming Rolls Royce SUV is unlikely to be found down at your local Home Depot being loaded up with sheets of MDF indecision

The Macan is a crossover also, because of the lower height, the Urus is totally a crossover because the utility is compromised vs a real SUV...

Real Lambo can’t fit the kids in the back and can’t be driven safely in winter, no use for it... And this Urus will be more than fast enough for our congested roads. A real Lambo would just be collecting dust, I got enough of these already angry

noone1:

I'd just get a LR or something really comfortable and with utility. If I wanted a small Lamborghini that handles well and is kind of quick, I'd just get a "real" Lamborghini...

The Urus is kind of the halo high performance SUV, so no, I wouldn't get a LR instead.

Whoever "needs" a SUV and wants the sportiest one (currently) available on this planet, the Urus it is. Smiley

--

Yuck. This car would be a Hyundai.

Seems not to be getting much praise from the Lamborghini forums...

noone1:

Seems not to be getting much praise from the Lamborghini forums...

Not sure if the typical Lamborghini customer is even interested in this car but anyway: What choice does a Lambo driver have if he has family and needs a sporty SUV? Cayenne Turbo? Good choice but a bit boring (new one looks almost too perfect) and with almost 100 hp less. Range Rover? Not even close in performance. GLC63 S AMG? Too small, not a high end SUV. GLE 63 S AMG? Not exactly high end either. G63 AMG? Not in the same performance class, not even close. Bentayga? Too ugly, too elegant, too...whatever, more of a statement than a sporty SUV.

Right now, I think the Urus has no competition. Seriously.

--

You're assuming Lamborghini owners care about having a 'sporty' SUV. Pinnacle of performance is actually not at all what Lamborghini owners are interested in as evident by the fact that Lamborghinis are never the top performers.

Lamborghini owners are typically more into style and presence than overall performance. Aventador is a "shit" performer but it's nearly 2x as expensive as anything else and it's hugely popular in Lamborghini circles even though it's widely known not to be a great driver's car.

The Urus is not a cool looking car. People seem to think it's pretty meh in style. I think the new G-Class will be more popular among Lamborghini owners, and I think whenever LR gets around to a next-gen RR, that will be more popular too. Why? Just look at how much they love the idea of the LM002.

I see the Urus being popular among Chinese and Arabic kids with rich parents. I don't see it being popular among older people.

No a real shocker that people active on a Lambo forum would not like this... And for people to have such a strong opinion without even seeing the real street presence just shows how shallow and biased they are on the first place. I think their negative opinion have no more value than the Kool Aid drinking first ecstatic reports of journalist we have seen so far. I don’t even think they are part of the target group that Lambo has in mind.

Owning a new G or a Urus is not exclusive, they are too different.

The Urus will selll very well along the east coast in affluent areas. Finally a crossover that stands out from the “cheap” Macans, Cayennes, Mercedes BMW and such, and top of the segment in performance with most likely an amazing street presence.

SciFrog:

No a real shocker that people active on a Lambo forum would not like this... And for people to have such a strong opinion without even seeing the real street presence just shows how shallow and biased they are on the first place. I think their negative opinion have no more value than the Kool Aid drinking first ecstatic reports of journalist we have seen so far. I don’t even think they are part of the target group that Lambo has in mind.

Owning a new G or a Urus is not exclusive, they are too different.

The Urus will selll very well along the east coast in affluent areas. Finally a crossover that stands out from the “cheap” Macans, Cayennes, Mercedes BMW and such, and top of the segment in performance with most likely an amazing street presence.

Smiley Europe, especially Germany, Spain, etc. won't see many of those but Lamborghini will probably sell each and everyone they can make. 

People in a Lambo forum are probably like people on other forums: 60% don't even own a sportscar, let alone a Lamborghini. The other 40% may or may not like it but many sportscar owners who don't have a SUV are often critical of SUVs, so I'm not surprised. Let them have kids and a wife first, then we'll talk again. Smiley

--

ISUK:

Nobody is seriously going to buy this car for utility. It is a statement of wealth pure and simple in the same way that the forthcoming Rolls Royce SUV is unlikely to be found down at your local Home Depot being loaded up with sheets of MDF indecision

You have captured the essence of this car.SmileySmiley

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

nberry:
    ISUK:

Unlike the Bentayga, I think the Urus may actually seriously appeal to people who love high performance SUVs (like me). I would get the Urus in a heartbeat but over 230k (with options) for a SUV? No thanks, can't afford it. I stick to my GLC63 S (which is probably tougher to get than the Urus as it looks right now, I am lucky I already have one secured).

The more I look at the Urus, the more I like it but I need to see it live without camouflage (so far only seen it with...) to make a final assessment. Interior is very nice, nicer than new Cayenne (which has also a very nice interior).

Speaking of Cayenne: Joined the official presentation last Friday, was a bit disappointed with the interior materials used (maybe it is just me...). Doorpanels reminded me a lot of the Audi Q7 and I got the feeling the trunk doesn't really fit some big suitcases.

--

nberry:
    ISUK:

Except it will run circles around the fastest competition ie the Cayenne TTS Smiley

Well, RC, you'll be able to buy one 75k under sticker in 18 months. This thing will depreciate a lot, just like the bentayga.

noone1:

Well, RC, you'll be able to buy one 75k under sticker in 18 months. This thing will depreciate a lot, just like the bentayga.

Bentayga don’t trade for $75k... Expected depreciation same or less costly than Cayenne TTS or high end Panameras in the first 2 years (ie close to 50%)... After who knows...

noone1:

Maybe...but the Bentayga is ugly, the Urus isn't. Smiley

--

SciFrog:
    noone1:

Bentayga don’t trade for $75k... Expected depreciation same or less costly than Cayenne TTS or high end Panameras in the first 2 years (ie close to 50%)... After who knows...

He said 75k under sticker, which is possible but not always likely.

Lots of new high performance SUVs around the corner...Cayenne Turbo S, Audi Q7 RS...

The Urus is right now the Ferrari Smiley among the SUVs, so...great product.

--

Bentayga hasn't depreciated the way people assumed they would. I guess they have their appeal to some people, and those people can afford Bentaygas

Josef:

Am I the only one who thinks it is fugly yes

No.....me too....if compared to what the lm002 was...this looks like a litttle school girl....

--

993 c2

Upsa:

Urus is fugly, will sell well here in Dubai though. Goes to show that there's no accounting for taste

Could not have expressed my opinion better.....fully agree

--

993 c2

Upsa:

Bentayga hasn't depreciated the way people assumed they would. I guess they have their appeal to some people, and those people can afford Bentaygas

The only Bentayga I saw once live was in Munich at the Lambo dealer in 2016. Funny. Was the car of a Aventador owner. Since that time, I haven't seen any Bentayga again, they are not very popular in Germany.

A family friend who owns a huge factory here in my region owns two Bentley sedans (Flying Spur?), same color (white) and he was looking at getting a Bentayga but he didn't like it for whatever reason. I think he just doesn't like SUVs but we talked about the car and he liked the interior a lot.

--

Hopefully the Urus will allow Lamborghini to widen their range and offer a modern day Espada instead of the four door Estoque saloon which was an incredibly dull car that would have struggled in what is a very small luxury saloon market. An Espada type car would let Lamborghini go up against the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764726 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436741 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261155 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258056 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82697 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877101 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809222 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM