Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Bentley Continental GT- sportscar? Anyone having experience from this car?

Hi all,

Some of my former contacts within Porsche has jumped ship and is now working with two British brands. One of them is definitely a sports car, but the other....?

I’m talking about Bentley. My friends are now trying to convince me to buy the new CGT but I’m very hesitant. Can’t really make out what I think about this car.

Anyone out there have any experiance with Bentley and especially the Continental GT? What’s your view on this car?

And NO, I’m NOT in my seventies Smiley But could it be a nice DD?

Re: Bentley Continental GT- sportscar? Anyone having experience from this car?

I think as a DD, it's right up there with the best. It's their bread and butter....

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

Annual service costs are close to a 991, fast, heavy and comfortable but you might get bored. If you have no passion for it now none might come later.  

They're a generation behind what luxury cars are offering. I wouldn't buy one at this point. Interiors look dated already.

We’re talking about the new generation, right? 

--

sitting insight is AMAZING - the revolving infotainment part is genius - nobody buys this as a sportscar due to it's weight but the ability to customize the interior to yr very personal liking in every detail.  

It is based on a Panamera, so it is basically a Porsche indecision The new Conti GT is mind blowing in my view, looks great, great presence, wonderful interior. I am just not a fan of the W12 engine.

I’m offered to try it out in Barcelona early December, so let’s see how it feelssmiley

The Panamera is a fantastic car, but I’m stuck with the diesel, so.... I’ve got two options, go for my usual Panamera Turbo S or try something new and at the same time help my old buddies to a good start by buying a Bentley. I have enough track toys, so want something for a DD.

As a DD I think it's hard to beat if you're looking for a large, comfortable, fast, capable british land yacht. I'm having a hard time telling myself it's not the perfect daily car for me right now. The new one's interior is fantastic. 

--

Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Oh whoops, I totally forgot this car just got updated.

Scratch that. It's a nice car. I feel like it doesn't have the latest driving assist/autonomous modes though, which would be a downside for me in a luxury car.

noone1:

Scratch that. It's a nice car. I feel like it doesn't have the latest driving assist/autonomous modes though, which would be a downside for me in a luxury car.

You mean that stuff I would never use anyway? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

noone1:

Mike here is a DRIVER and knows how to drive very well, he doesn't need a computer trying to killing him. Plus, he would et sick if he ride as a passenger Smiley

--

Whoopsy:
    noone1:

Mike here is a DRIVER and knows how to drive very well, he doesn't need a computer trying to killing him. Plus, he would et sick if he ride as a passenger Smiley

Funny that you mention it, I always get sick when I drive with someone, even worse in the back or on a bus. Smiley

Also, I am the worst co-passenger ever...according to my wife, my friends, my parents, my kids and even my priest. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

It’s certainly top of my list for a winter beater  Even has 4wd.

The V8 one is supposed to feel a bit sportier than the very heavy W12 unit.
    --

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

Whoopsy:
    noone1:

You know what Nick, that is really true. I’ve never been car sick in my life, but sitting as passanger when Christian Klien was warming the slicks on the cup car got me to the edge. Good he did a good job warming the tires, because one more lap and I do think the shit would have hit the fan....Smiley

I’ll test the Bentley the fifth in Barcelona, then we will see. W12 might not be the best choice, but for me I do think it will be better than the diesel.Smiley

And I kind of like the contrast this could give me. The super comfy, luxurious DD that’s  kind of floats around compared to the roughness of the cup car that I’ve started to drive more and more recently. And if the Bentley bores me to much in between the races, I’ll just take the GT2 or GT3 out for a spin...Smiley

I’ll drive you between the tracks this summer Nick and I’m sure Dean will fit in the booth...Smiley

RC:
    Whoopsy:
    noone1:

Funny that you mention it, I always get sick when I drive with someone, even worse in the back or on a bus. Smiley

Also, I am the worst co-passenger ever...according to my wife, my friends, my parents, my kids and even my priest. Smiley Smiley

--

Sounds like me  

Spent three hours in a Jamaican taxi today . Can't say how many times a narrow two lane turned into three lanes today.  I am more tired than after a 20 hour road trip  solo  

On topic  - I would actually enjoy the C GT  fast long distance hauler  - great cannonball run material  - can I get V1 sponsorship?  Other Mike?

What are the downsides to the W-12?  Fuel consumption comes to mind but I would be curious to know if its throttle response, sound, or some other characteristic is inherently compromised due to its W configuration.

It’s heavy. The smaller and lighter V8 is supposed to improve balance and handling..

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

I've always seen the Bentley as the Range Rover for those who can't stand SUVs.... all the nice English leather, AWD traction, long distance comfort in a sedan or coupe package.

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

If you want a DD car why would you select a coupe?

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

Maybe there are no SUVs fancy enough?

nberry:

Lots of people DD only themselves... or have other cars for family use. Keep in mind a Bentey coupe is a very big vehicle, not a cramped 911...

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

not everyone loves open top motoring? just a guess? yes

--

http://www.evo.co.uk/bentley/continental-gt/20414/new-bentley-continental-gt-review-has-bentleys-new-gt-been-worth-the

--

nberry:

Allready got a Mercedes ML for the ”dirty” work, the kids are grown up (almost any way) so mostly its me with current company driving in the Panamera and I very seldom use the backseats, so why notSmiley.

I have high reving in the GT3 (and the coming GT3 RS if I decide for one), GT2 RS Weissach is....GT2 RS Weissach, so a comfy, 900Nm, quite fast and well built DD would have its placeSmiley

it is to buy only for the interior..and the toblerone...so cool

--

993 c2

nberry:

The new S class coupe S63 AMG 4matic is pretty impressive as a daily driver (a customer of mine has and absolutely loves it).

--

No katter how good they are, you just cant drive a AMG or M car in Sweden unless your from syria.....mail

What about a db11 ?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    806284 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    449450 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    267023 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90434 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    7173 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

887140 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    835873 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM