Re: Online -- Ferrari Car Configurator

very nice!

Well, it was about time, wasn't it?

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    http://www.configurator.ferrariowners.com/

BTW: Should anybody be interested in the "Colori Anni 50-60" color scheme please note that the Ferrari booklet on these special colors includes an error (which has been confirmed as an error by Ferrari in the meantime...). They exchanged the color samples of "Grigio Scuro" and "Grigio Medio"...

need it for the 430 scud now , not in 12 months time . the 430 has been out since 2004 , and it has taken this long

hours of fun!

Wonderful configurator that actually works very well. Very tempting huh??

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Wonderful configurator that actually works very well. Very tempting huh??

Right and strangely enough they forgot about the prices.

Yep, exactly! My wife and I spent an hour using it last night and at the end she asked exactly the same thing...so what's the total price for the car???

Well, Easy - I guess the F-guys just take the old saying "If you have to ask....." quite serious

Maybe your wife will be cured from her L-affection by playing with the F-configurator

Maybe! It's just a little silly though not to state the prices. After all, nothing is free and they aren't just giving these cars away!

Actually, it's funny you should mention that!! We used the configurator and then we looked at some photos of a Gallardo Spyder and a F430 Spider side by side. She still thinks the Gallardo Spyder is more attractive. I would agree with her too! The Gallardo Spyder is just a more menacing car with 'sharper', more outrageous styling and with a more powerful presence. But the Ferrari is still a Ferrari. Plus there is always the upcoming, revised 997 GT3 with DFI and some extra bhp!

Still, I'm extremely happy with my 997 C2S and I have no plans to change.

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    ... we looked at some photos of a Gallardo Spyder and a F430 Spider side by side. She still thinks the Gallardo Spyder is more attractive.

Very wise lady

Site seems to be down or no longer available.

Quote:
    Eric (Plug Guy) said:
    Site seems to be down or no longer available.

Rather short intermezzo that was...

Fortunately I already configured my car

Quote:
    zzboba said:

Always amused by the fire extinguisher spec for any car, but esp on F....

In any post-collision fire/spontaneous fire, wouldn't it make most sense for driver and any passenger to escape car ASAP and quickly move as far away from car as poss to avoid any explosive forces or inhaling various toxic gases emitted in any car fire????

And, in any severe deceleration/crash scenario, would also be concerned about those fine, handcrafted Italian belt buckles (even w/deviated stitching ) not holding fire extinguisher in place...and creating a projectile in the passenger compartment.....

Perhaps fire extinguisher is racing form over any rational perf/safety function? Perhaps why F doesn't even bother offering wkend amateur firefighting courses at F track events for wkend amateur racecar driver wannabes?.....

WBH you will laugh, but in all corporate cars of the firm I'm working with (though typically no F-cars ) a fire extinguisher is mandatory

As for your advise to better run than to make an amateur firefighter attempt, I agree. It happened to me once on the Autobahn (engine blew up at 200 km/h and car caught fire - and yes it also was a red Italian 2seater, though not from Maranello ) - I was happy to steer the car onto the service lane and then I started to run while witnesses stopping by were waving like crazy at me to let me know it would be time to continue my trip as a pedestrian

Quote:
    zzboba said:

Correction: your EX-car.

Ahhh, just a little bit of salt in your wounds...

The only reason I always tick the "fire extinguisher" box is... as a kid, some 25 years ago, I was quite impressed by our neighbor's S-class with the fire extinguisher under the front seat. Back then I decided that my (future) car has to have a fire extinguisher.

I have no idea who would would use the configurator.

In practice at least with me, my dealer calls me and asked what do I want to order. Usually, he faxes to me the option list with prices. I then call it in and receive a order form asking whether it is correct. I sign off and the car is ordered. I rarely if ever go to the dealership to order a car. Very convenient.

Quote:
    nberry said:

In practice at least with me, my dealer calls me and asked what do I want to order. Usually, he faxes to me the option list with prices. I then call it in and receive a order form asking whether it is correct. I sign off and the car is ordered. I rarely if ever go to the dealership to order a car. Very convenient.

Hmm, you have to work that hard? Mine just shows up in the driveway.....

Regarding the prices I'm sure that not showing them is deliberate and will continue. As F tries to swing to more market pricing, an MSRP thing doesn't mean much plus they probably don't want people comparing different countries. It'll be interesting to see if that changes.

Quote:
    nberry said:

You should have tried the configurator before posting this... The configurator is primarily about combining colors not options

Exactly, it's a visual aid to help imagine how your car might look. It's not a replacement for the option list.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

You should have tried the configurator before posting this... The configurator is primarily about combining colors not options

The configurator wasn't operative.

BTW, using the internet to pick colors is not something I would do. Also, Ferrari rarely changes colors and when they do, the new color is available at the dealership. The paint chip is fairly large and fits into an insert to match interior colors.

The good thing with internet car configurators is... you don't have to use them if you don't want to

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    The good thing with internet car configurators is... you don't have to use them if you don't want to

Right. And the more colour combinations Ferrari gives you for the interior, the more helpful is a car configurator.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    The configurator wasn't operative.

BTW, using the internet to pick colors is not something I would do.

Yes, the configurator mysteriously seems to have stopped working.

True, the colours never look quite the same on a configurator BUT, despite that, it's still a very useful visual aid nonetheless...

Maybe they're adding the prices.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762699 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435501 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260576 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257617 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80961 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872428 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807805 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM