They're waiting for the US dollar to pull out of its nose dive

Re: Online -- Ferrari Car Configurator

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Quote:
    atomic80 said:
    Maybe they're adding the prices.

They're waiting for the US dollar to pull out of its nose dive

They want to stop sales in the US as the USD is too low?

Serioulsy, if I was F right now, I would try to send all my production somewhere else.

The way the Chinese economy is heading, F could sell its entire production run in China alone...

Ferrari's don't really appeal to me much (compared to my car or aston's, but when it was working I built this one;

Link is no more working?

Quote:
    Turbo said:
    Link is no more working?

I guess the configurater caught fire and burnt the whole server down.

It's probably just the server getting a cambelt change

Somebody has news about the configurator?

Yea, it isn't working....

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    http://www.configurator.ferrariowners.com/

How come the configurator does not work now?

Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

I guess that was something like a trial version, final configurator is at the owners site.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Turbo said:
    Link is no more working?

bahahaha

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Turbo said:
    Link is no more working?

I thought it was just their cars that did that!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Porky Tokyo said:
    Quote:
    zzboba said:

I guess that was something like a trial version, final configurator is at the owners site.

So, you have to be a Ferrari "owner" before you can configure it? That's pretty exclusive.

"Exclusive?" No, I call that illogical... this is one way of enthusing people who may be in a position to buy a Ferrari in the future. I love playing about with the Porsche car configurator even though I may never buy a GT2...

I guess you have to have already expressed an interest to, and be successfully vetted by, a Ferrari dealer to get a user ID and password. Needless arrogance.

In my eyes, the customer is king so who on earth is a salesman to look a potential customer up and down and think "Yeah, so and so has owned a Ferrari before and he looks 'respectable' enough"?

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    "Exclusive?" No, I call that illogical... this is one way of enthusing people who may be in a position to buy a Ferrari in the future. I love playing about with the Porsche car configurator even though I may never buy a GT2...

I guess you have to have already expressed an interest to, and be successfully vetted by, a Ferrari dealer to get a user ID and password. Needless arrogance.

In my eyes, the customer is king so who on earth is a salesman to look a potential customer up and down and think "Yeah, so and so has owned a Ferrari before and he looks 'respectable' enough"?

I agree. It is rather stupid to limit access to the Configurator and just allow Ferrari owners to use it...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    I agree. It is rather stupid to limit access to the Configurator and just allow Ferrari owners to use it...

I agree too. I guess we will see the configurator on www.ferrariworld.com in the future.

At the moment the configurator is not so much a configurator in the truest sense of the word. Normally you use a configurator to get info about the price of the car with the options you choose. At the Ferrari configurator there are no prices at all, it's more like a tool of visualisation how your options will lool like, especially the multiple colour options you can choose for the interior.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:

Good points Easy. I have been offered a brand new 430 (some dude lost more than he can manage and is begging someone to buy his car) I will get GBP 20,000 off the new price of a silver / bordeaux RHD F1 430 if I take it.

Just wanted to have a play around as I couldn't find any snaps!

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I agree too. I guess we will see the configurator on www.ferrariworld.com in the future.

At the moment the configurator is not so much a configurator in the truest sense of the word. Normally you use a configurator to get info about the price of the car with the options you choose. At the Ferrari configurator there are no prices at all, it's more like a tool of visualisation how your options will lool like, especially the multiple colour options you can choose for the interior.

Exactly, that's why the Comnfigurator is such a nice Teaser. People could just play around and check out how nice these cars look in various color combinations. At the same time your neighbour still could not figure out the ridiculous high price of this nice Ferrari in front of your house

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I agree too, its not even about the customer. It comes downright to marketing. Look at Porsche, they're king at that. Their ads, their punchlines.. it adresses the younger audience and gets them hooked early on.. guess what happens when they're 43 and realize girls are a waste of money... they will that porsche that was implanted to them in their childhood. Letting people, kids for the matter, play with configurators, can only be positive to the car brand. How on earth does it hurt anyone? Waitlists will be too long? give me a break, Ferrari is trying to keep their cars exclusive, eventhough there's NO grounds behind it. I find their strategy reidiculous...

Ferrari will more and more be for Poseurs... at least we dont see them too often

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I agree too, its not even about the customer. It comes downright to marketing. Look at Porsche, they're king at that. Their ads, their punchlines.. it adresses the younger audience and gets them hooked early on.. guess what happens when they're 43 and realize girls are a waste of money... they will that porsche that was implanted to them in their childhood. Letting people, kids for the matter, play with configurators, can only be positive to the car brand. How on earth does it hurt anyone? Waitlists will be too long? give me a break, Ferrari is trying to keep their cars exclusive, eventhough there's NO grounds behind it. I find their strategy reidiculous...

Ferrari will more and more be for Poseurs... at least we dont see them too often

I agree with you completely. No reason to not allow "non-owners" a way to configure a Ferrari to see if the car suits them, based on the options/colors that they choose.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

I agree with you completely. No reason to not allow "non-owners" a way to configure a Ferrari to see if the car suits them, based on the options/colors that they choose.

As I said, I think sooner or later we will see the configurator on the Ferrari's public site. It's only a matter of time

The SpA is not really known for to be among the quickest and that in many ways.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

As I said, I think sooner or later we will see the configurator on the Ferrari's public site. It's only a matter of time

Just had a brilliant idea for the meantime: could you just post your Ferrari username and password? Then all rennteam users could test the Configurator

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:

Just had a brilliant idea for the meantime: could you just post your Ferrari username and password? Then all rennteam users could test the Configurator

Why don't we take yours?

Guys, no sense in arguing over such trivialities. Just give us both your usernames and passwords .

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Guys, no sense in arguing over such trivialities. Just give us both your usernames and passwords .

Now we'll see who really owns a Ferrari.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

OH OH we're in for some surprises here

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

OH OH we're in for some surprises here

Yes. And I think I know what the surprise is ...

Quote:
    Crash said:

Ferrari might be surprised about how active our accounts are recently

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

How unfortunate. Finally you guys found out the truth

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    754188 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431167 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258770 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255692 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79700 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5260 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868669 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802458 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM