Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Lamborghini Terzo Millenio

This may be an indication of the styling direction of the Aventador's successor in the same way that the Sesto Elemento gave a hint of the look of the Huracan. The low cabin and high front wheel arches would be too extreme for a road legal car as vision would be seriously hampered.

Autocar Lamborghini Terzo Millenio

Lamborghini has revealed the Terzo Millennio concept at EmTech, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s in-house tech conference.

The Terzo Millennio - meaning third millennium - is all-electric, with in-wheel motors providing power, and the ability to control how much torque each wheel has. Lamborghini has not specified how much torque the motors produce, however.

Two main focuses are present - next-generation energy storage systems and future innovative materials. Lamborghini worked with two separate MIT labs on the two, financing the projects itself. The former is worked upon by the Dinca Research Lab, named after and led by chemistry professor Mircea Dinca, while the latter is dealt with by the Mechanosynthesis Group, with by mechanical engineering professor Anastasios John Hart leading the department.

A kinetic energy recovery system is also used, to give extra power to the lightweight supercar, and a super capacitor is planned for the model, although the brand admits that battery technology is not currently where it needs to be. It aims to develop a super capacitor for a leap in power density.

Structural components double up as the car’s battery pack to shed weight - another area where Lamborghini alleges the current technology isn’t up to scratch. The rest of the car is made of carbon fibre, although sensors allow the car to monitor the structural integrity of its own body, detecting damage and cracks in the bodywork. The car can then 'self heal', thanks to chamicals in the micro-channels of the carbon fibre bodywork. Lamborghini's work with MIT looks to develop new and alternative methods of producing carbon fibre.

Without a traditional four-wheel drive drivetrain running the length of the car, Lamborghini was able to design the car’s body to suit aerodynamics. This is another area highlighted for further development, as is the sound of the car.

“The adoption of an electric power train requires to define a sound able to substitute the one of today’s V12,” Lamborghini admits, although it does not go so far as to explain what kind of sound will be produced by the concept. The only detail about the interior is the car's virtual cockpit, which allows the driver to be virtually taken around famous circuits, and through augmented reality, follow a 'ghost car' akin to racing video games.

Lamborghini chairman Stefano Domenicali said: "Collaborating with MIT for our R&D department is an exceptional opportunity to do what Lamborghini has always been very good at: rewriting the rules on super sports cars. Now we are presenting an exciting and progressive concept car. We are inspired by embracing what is impossible today to craft the realities of tomorrow: Lamborghini must always create the dreams of the next generation.”

15100644699731.JPG

15100645551413.JPG

15100645006646.JPG

15100645118825.JPG

15100645803398.JPG

15100645920777.JPG

15100646023394.JPG

15100646127109.JPG

Re: Lamborghini Terzo Millenio

straight out of sci fi movie

Yeah, it's awesome looking. I mean, it's sits flat on the floor haha, but it sure is awesome looking.

I'm not sure the design language is compatible for road cars like the Sesto was. The Sesto still just looked like a normal car that could be built 1-to-1. This looks like it quite literally could not be used in most regards.

Doesn’t look like a Lambo to me

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

Saw it in the flesh (carbon fibre) at MIT on Monday. Even lower to the ground than I thought possible.\

I must say I bsolutely love those wheels!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUXtJPsIdCc

That smile... I can't help but picture this guy (schmee) dressed as a scary clown doing a horror movie... if fits him.

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

Carlos from Spain:

That smile... I can't help but picture this guy (schmee) dressed as a scary clown doing a horror movie... if fits him.

+ 1

Carlos from Spain:

I wonder how he is that successful, nobody seems to like him (my wife and daughter can't look at him, my son always starts rolling his eyes when he sees him) but he seems to get a lot of access to various car companies. Smiley

Well, I guess I stopped understanding YouTube and social media a long time ago. Long live the Kardashians. Smiley Smiley

OK, that was mean, maybe Shmee is a nice guy, I never met him personally, so I apologize but... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

I wonder how he is that successful, nobody seems to like him (my wife and daughter can't look at him, my son always starts rolling his eyes when he sees him) but he seems to get a lot of access to various car companies. Smiley

Well, I guess I stopped understanding YouTube and social media a long time ago. Long live the Kardashians. Smiley Smiley

OK, that was mean, maybe Shmee is a nice guy, I never met him personally, so I apologize but... Smiley

I'd say it has a lot to do with the fact that he always gives positive reviews to cars he puts on his channel. I cant remember a time I heard him make negative remarks about a car he was showcasing. I'm not a huge fan of his but sometimes he puts very thorough walkthroughs of cars that there's mostly no media coverage out yet, so I end up watching his channel just to get more info. 

Enmanuel:
    RC:
    Carlos from Spain:

I'd say it has a lot to do with the fact that he always gives positive reviews to cars he puts on his channel. I cant remember a time I heard him make negative remarks about a car he was showcasing. I'm not a huge fan of his but sometimes he puts very thorough walkthroughs of cars that there's mostly no media coverage out yet, so I end up watching his channel just to get more info. 

Good point. Probably the reason why he is so well connected in the car industry. 

Oh boy, now I understand why they don't hire meSmiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

RC:

He is a nice chap, I have met him a few times. The JWW creature on the other hand is just smug, slimy, and vacuous. We are definitely not the target market for Shmee150 and I agree he is popular with the manufacturers because of the number of followers he has and the fact that he is always enthusing about the products rather than given a truly objective and informed review. I think its more the younger aspirational people he appeals to.

Is it me or does this car not look lifesized?

--

Tesla Model S P100D & Model X P90D & 2016 BMW i8 & 2017 Sept 991.2 GT3 ordered. 2020 Porsche Mission E on order

I find Schmee objective in the sense that he's logical. It's logical to be enthusiastic and give praise to just about every high-end car. The only real downside to any high-end car is value for money and reliability. Think of the newest, worst high-end car. If it was free, would it not be an amazing car?

So yeah, he gets access to stuff because he always gives praise and good reviews. He never says anything is bad. And really, that's probably the most honest thing anyone could do. Nitpicking the most minute, subjective things is actually more dishonest than not.

People on the forums will tell you a $400K brand new Aventador S sucks for A, B, and C. They'll tell you why a 720S sucks. They'll tell you why a 488 sucks. We're all guilty of exaggerating. I don't think there has been an exotic car made in the last 20 years that actually sucked.

noone1:

I find Schmee objective in the sense that he's logical. It's logical to be enthusiastic and give praise to just about every high-end car. The only real downside to any high-end car is value for money and reliability. Think of the newest, worst high-end car. If it was free, would it not be an amazing car?

So yeah, he gets access to stuff because he always gives praise and good reviews. He never says anything is bad. And really, that's probably the most honest thing anyone could do. Nitpicking the most minute, subjective things is actually more dishonest than not.

People on the forums will tell you a $400K brand new Aventador S sucks for A, B, and C. They'll tell you why a 720S sucks. They'll tell you why a 488 sucks. We're all guilty of exaggerating. I don't think there has been an exotic car made in the last 20 years that actually sucked.

Actually, I want to hear that cars suck because this is honesty, not what Shmee does. Smiley

I cannot take anything useful from non-critical reviews, this is basically the same as reading the brochure. Smiley

Then, with the criticism I take from honest car reviews, I take that specific car for a spin and make my own impressions.

Shmee's reviews are visually interesting (as long as I don't have to look at his teeth... Smiley) but from a potential buyer's point of view...useless. I get it why manufacturers support him but they make a mistake. Those 12-20 years old followers won't buy their cars, people like me do. I prefer a different type of review, with all the positive but also some negative stuff. If a review sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't. No trust here, sorry.

--

What sucks about your R8?

noone1:

What sucks about your R8?

1. Chassis setup (too many compromises to maintain comfort, even in the sportiest setup)

2. Tire choices (optional Cup 2 sucks, Trofeo R not certified for the R8 but for the Huracan)

3. Virtual Cockpit (no individualization possible, GUI design similar to "bread and butter" Audi models)

4. Shifting Paddles (plastic, they feel that way and are too short...would love the Huracan paddles more)

5. Interior: No navigation display for passenger, which is sometimes frustrating for the passenger.

6. Engine power: 650 hp would have been perfect.

7. Gearbox: Torque limited (artificially) for whatever reason.

8. Weight: over 50 kg heavier than Huracan (mostly HiFi system, dampening material and leather) but was that really necessary?

9. Dealers are not "prepared" for the specific clientele of the R8. I have a good mechanic and my dealership also is a Lamborghini dealership, so I guess I'm lucky but usually, the R8 is sold in dealerships with little experience with such cars/customers.

10. I could continue but I just got bored... Smiley Smiley

--

LOL. Aside from the shifting paddles and maaaaaaaybe a passenger not having a center screen, nothing there is even remotely important or bad.

noone1:

LOL. Aside from the shifting paddles and maaaaaaaybe a passenger not having a center screen, nothing there is even remotely important or bad.

Chassis is an issue, probably also the reason why the R8 lost a few reviews (vs. the Huracan or 991.2 Turbo S) and while always achieving "good" track times, it never set records.

Of course, from a comfort point of view, it is an excellent setup but not if you want to track the car. Also, the car gets very nervous at the limit (track for example) if you don't keep it "under load", which can be challenging for some drivers.

The Huracan has basically the same chassis setup (with a few differences) but it benefits from the excellent Trofeo R tires, which aren't available for the R8 and Pirelli doesn't provide a R8 certification for these tires for various reasons (one reason seems to be the heavier front axle of the R8 due to the water cooled front axle, which isn't available for the Huracan). Of course I could use them anyway but then I'd compromise my warranty (AWD, etc.).

I always find a fly in the soup, no matter how much I like something. Smiley Smiley

--

Christian, don't bother, your point was obvious and clear on the first post, anybody who is a car enthusiast thinks the same about car reviews...the rest is a waste of time, he just wants to argue about something...  

--

Carlos from Spain:

Christian, don't bother, your point was obvious and clear on the first post, anybody who is a car enthusiast thinks the same about car reviews...the rest is a waste of time, he just wants to argue about something...  

--

I know but I was in the mood... Smiley Smiley

--

RC is complaining about one of the best cars ever created. Think about that for a second and tell me how it makes sense. When that R8 debuted, it was probably better than almost every road car in existence.

noone1:

RC is complaining about one of the best cars ever created. Think about that for a second and tell me how it makes sense.

I'm still driving it, don't it? After 18 months...this is (almost) a record for me. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM