Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Signed Papers -Married The Turbo -Honeymoon Pics

Congratulations MMD
    But what will you do about all these 'busy features' on the car ?

Re: Signed Papers -Married The Turbo -Honeymoon Pi

Haven't been on the boards lately but YOU GOT IT! CONGRATULATIONS! Drive her in good health, I love the color combo by the way! Post more photos after she's settled in and don't forget the pre-nup. Cheers!

Congratulations!! Where are the two of you registered?
    AWE - Sharkworks - BumperPlugs - Promotive

MMD,

since you just got your 997TT after having your 997S for so long, can you tell me what the acceleration difference is, as far as feel? Is it a little difference, significant difference, etc.? When the turbos kick in, is there a shove on your back? I'm still trying to justify the move, but if the difference is not that great, I don't want to pull the trigger. I test drove one several months ago, but not enough seat time to really get a good feel. Plus, I didn't really want to ring it out with the dealer sitting in the passenger seat.

Beautiful car. Good luck and don't have wandering eyes. You only owe her 4-5 years and then you can get her younger sister.

Gorgeous, congrat

Nice color choice...great pics too. Congrats!

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

since you just got your 997TT after having your 997S for so long, can you tell me what the acceleration difference is, as far as feel? Is it a little difference, significant difference, etc.? When the turbos kick in, is there a shove on your back? at.

If you enjoy overtaking safely in the blink of an eye, the turbo is in another dimension to the C2S. I went from a 997 C2s to a 996 turbo X50. The difference in acceleration feel is enormous (and addictive).

Very, very, very nice.
    Enjoy it in good health.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    MMD,

since you just got your 997TT after having your 997S for so long, can you tell me what the acceleration difference is, as far as feel? Is it a little difference, significant difference, etc.? When the turbos kick in, is there a shove on your back? I'm still trying to justify the move, but if the difference is not that great, I don't want to pull the trigger. I test drove one several months ago, but not enough seat time to really get a good feel. Plus, I didn't really want to ring it out with the dealer sitting in the passenger seat.

Hey Buddy!

My new current wife and I are not broken in yet but the "shove" _is_ "enormous."

Seriously, the ex-C2S is deficient in my mind now. I mean the smooth delivery of power was nice and the car was fast. But the Turbo there is "zero" wait between 60 and 100+ mph. The C2S you sat there and thought of baseball while getting to 100+.

Really, I can see theoretically getting to the point where the Turbo seems slow, but the diference is this: oncoming traffic (limited passing on two-lane rural highway) *stands* *still* with the Turbo. The C2s gave you a _little_ anxiety with your two extra seconds in the other guy's lane.

Definite difference a couple of seconds makes at passing slower cars going 55-65mph highway speeds; car's not broken in yet so, for now, it's just passing the cars going 55-65 mph range. Oops don't forget the 45mph beater pickups which slow down on purpose when line goes double yellow, then speed up when it goes broken yellow to p*ss the fur-in car off; blowing _them_ off is suuuuuuch a sick perverse sadistic pleasure especially since it's like squashing an annoying mosquito now.

BIG difference between both cars. Lemme make this point: IMO Turbo is _NOT_ a "must-have" over the C2/S but definitely not a waste of money either.

Thanks MMD- that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

In SoCal, I don't get a chance to do a lot of two-lane passing maneuvers. How is the acceleration off the line compared to the C2S? Equally impressive improvement over the C2S?

MMD,

Slate grey is a beautiful color. Congrats!
    Now about the wheels...

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Thanks MMD- that's exactly what I wanted to hear.

In SoCal, I don't get a chance to do a lot of two-lane passing maneuvers. How is the acceleration off the line compared to the C2S? Equally impressive improvement over the C2S?

Dunno. Scared to beat the car off the line. Not broken in yet, no throttle punching yet, (well not too much TP ). When you do floor it, it's like an instant mood change, car feels like a C2S, and then the turbos kick in! Car gets really aggressive like it's crazy; take foot off gas and then back to your C2S. Maybe I'm exaggerating..., wait..., no..., maybe not. When turbos kick in car flies like it's nuts.

The power of the turbo is intoxicating, I'll never go back to NA....and I was a dyed in the wool NA'er.

MMD, congrats man. You are now the Tuuuuuurrrrrbo MMD!!!!!. You got to treat her with respect and slowly put it into gear or she will not like it

Quote:
    amazon said:
    [...] or some new shoes. Lots of new shoes. Damn! what do they do with them anyway?

Italian or French brands. Pricey but obviously worth the money. Enjoy your car, you deserved it!

Many, many congrats man!! She's a beaut!! Enjoy her in good health!

Thanks again to all you guys for your shared enthusiasms.

What's funny? Remember the thread about which colored/optioned Porsches look the most stealthy? How you theoretically might be able to ride that dividing line between looking low-key BUT still quite cop-noticeable and being hard to spot at first glance?

Anyway... .

Got out of work and walked to my Slate Grey car. Thing is kinda dirty (dusty) and brake-dust-colored stock wheels need cleaning (breakin creates lots of brake dust). Slate grey, on the same colored ashphalt color here, along with carbon-ized (from break in) exhaust tips result in one hard to notice combination _at_first_sight_.

Then, oddly, I stood there and _stared_ and it "finally" occurred to me the freeking combination of earthy color, dirt, carbon and dust makes the car look like an incredibly capable serious, no messing-around, almost frightening, zero frills driving machine. Like it just landed on an aircraft carrier after a sortie, or just did 500 miles on the Autobahn, or did 24 hours at LeMans (without the graphics/advertizing). WOW.

Niiiiiiiice! I never saw a just-dirty-enough car which looked so dahmmm good and, at the same time, as low-key as it can possibly get!

Enjoy the honeymoon and many years of excitement! Your few options were well selected. The ASS seats are first rate.

Dan

Quote:
    Dan L said:
    Enjoy the honeymoon and many years of excitement! Your few options were well selected. The ASS seats are first rate.

Dan

Tx Dan.

On the one hand: There's not much else these TT cars need.

OTOH, Minimal extra options are fine with me. Maybe it's because I enjoyed the "choose-options-to-exact-personal-whim" process once before.

It was alot of fun. But the second time around..., I'm not sure it's as essential to full enjoyment of car once owned.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Thanks again to all you guys for your shared enthusiasms.

What's funny? Remember the thread about which colored/optioned Porsches look the most stealthy? How you theoretically might be able to ride that dividing line between looking low-key BUT still quite cop-noticeable and being hard to spot at first glance?

Anyway... .

Got out of work and walked to my Slate Grey car. Thing is kinda dirty (dusty) and brake-dust-colored stock wheels need cleaning (breakin creates lots of brake dust). Slate grey, on the same colored ashphalt color here, along with carbon-ized (from break in) exhaust tips result in one hard to notice combination _at_first_sight_.

Then, oddly, I stood there and _stared_ and it "finally" occurred to me the freeking combination of earthy color, dirt, carbon and dust makes the car look like an incredibly capable serious, no messing-around, almost frightening, zero frills driving machine. Like it just landed on an aircraft carrier after a sortie, or just did 500 miles on the Autobahn, or did 24 hours at LeMans (without the graphics/advertizing). WOW.

Niiiiiiiice! I never saw a just-dirty-enough car which looked so dahmmm good and, at the same time, as low-key as it can possibly get!

Share your view re: coolness of great, latest-tech cars w/patina of exuberant use....

Always really cool to see a 997TT/599/65 blitzing to/fro office on a rainy, winter wkday, being casually used amidst a sea of SUVs/3-series/Audis/Prius, etc....even in non-winter, my cars (though washed every wk and carefully parked wherever they go) often have brake/rim grime (even w/PCCB/CCM)/miscell road muck/stone chips, etc from both fun drives on my favored fwys/mtn twisties.....and mundane, congested urban street driving...

Have always argued one's choice of daily commuter car (used in both sun/rain) may reveal far more re: one's car fanaticism/appreciation of perf&tech than does any fair-weather, wkend-only car.....

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776957 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441614 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262738 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260885 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85147 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5538 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880593 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815781 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM