Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

tihis is what we do at a sunday morning in germany

had a nice ride in berlin/germany with my friend with his gallardo yesterday morning,enjoy and crank it up :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff0LHiszeSY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaNgmF_1v-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmHMzHz6vxE

greets from berlin

cooper

Re: tihis is what we do at a sunday morning in germany

Very very UNCOOL! Breaking various speedlimits and danger other people is putting negative influence on drivers of this beloved cars. If we all want to enjoy our hobby longer we need to respect ruels, limits and laws!

And for all others - thats exactly what we dont do on a nice sunday morning in Germany!

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Very very UNCOOL! Breaking various speedlimits and danger other people is putting negative influence on drivers of this beloved cars. If we all want to enjoy our hobby longer we need to respect ruels, limits and laws!

And for all others - thats exactly what we dont do on a nice sunday morning in Germany!

i dont see any people we put in danger,if you have watched the vid right then you should have see that there is NOBODY in the tunnel (otherwise we didnt speed up)!!
    this is like kindergarten if you try to teach other what to do with those cars and what not !

for all others:

no this is what we dont do in germany,we always drive in the left lane without breaking speed limits,especially with this beloved cars!
    we only bought them for race tracks or if there is no track ,to sitt beside the car in the garage and watch how beautifull it looks!!!
    sorry but this is my opinion!

i'm out...........

Re: tihis is what we do at a sunday morning in ger

Awful. Life for those drivers and bystanders can turn into sh*t FOREVER and in a SECOND.

Quote:
    Lars997 said:

Well stated.

Quote:
    Lars997 said:
    Very very UNCOOL! Breaking various speedlimits and danger other people is putting negative influence on drivers of this beloved cars. If we all want to enjoy our hobby longer we need to respect rules, limits and laws!

Very, very true. Driving like that in dense traffic and especially in-town is, politely expressed, a bit senseless. Think about it...

Ummmm.... Nobody's saying you can only have fun at the track, just... can't you at least wait until you get out of town???

Downtown, parked cars, bicyclists EVERYWHERE...

And that tunnel was a blind-curve.. what would you do if you came upon traffic at a complete standstill due to accident or construction? PCCB's are good, but...

We're not a bunch grandmothers knitting sweaters and playing bingo, it's just common sense...

Also, does anyone see the monumental irony in buying a purpose-built track-car.... to play street drags with???

Talk about using a scalpel to spread butter....

i do not want to put any judment of who you are but on what you do. It's very schildisch and you should think before acting.
    i would even say that you are totally insane.
    Outside town, your problem but down town they are kids, cars etc...
    Use your had body cause of guys like you, we getting a bad image.
    Cheers to your selfischness

Quote:
    Lars997 said:

Get a life!!

The next time you drive like a$$holes through a busy area I hope the Polizei nail your a$$es to the wall where they belong. Spoiled little rich kids...

For some reason I could only watch the first one. The days of wreckless street driving are coming to an end. As a matter of fact these cars are not really serving a lot of purpose on the street anymore period, other than to show off. Cops around here are just waiting to nail performance cars. Anyway, if you had of shot your vid on the Autobahn at speed we would have been giving you the thumbs up and been envious. You might as well keep things legal while you still can.

fack, how do people like that get the moneys to pruchase such a lovely vehicle.
    Im sooo young and it seems so so far away.
    I hope one day my Ford focus will be traded for a 911...

Quote:
    Lars997 said:

Couldn't agree more, Lars!

What an immature behaviour to use such cars in such a way.

Maybe the best part of his posts is the following sentence:

Quote:
    cooper29 said:
    i'm out...........

Bloody id.iot.

Hey Guys,

i don't see any problems in this video two guys having a lot of fun without bothering anyone !
    They speed on a autobahn part with three free lanes not in the city !
    It is funny how some users act here like "they put a bad light" on drivers of those cars and so on .
    Here in germany you have always a bad light on you if you have more than others,this is a result of social jealousy .
    Seems like some of you have the same problems.................
    Regarding the video where they start from the red light,it might not be legal but come on guys,did you never pushed first and second gear ?
    This you can tell people who believe in flying elephants

mark

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Lars997 said:

Quote:
    cooper29 said:
    i'm out...........

Bloody id.iot.

By the way rossi,whats your profession mr.rennteam pro?
    Looks like you need it bad,with your Ferrari avatar and silly comments.
    Are you one of those guys who do window shopping and cypernet hopping all day long?
    Your post gives me the impression that you will and had never owned a Supercar, so stay in the lane bro and shut up !

regards mark

oh god...

Now everybody's pretending to be a saint ... and never ever break a speed limit/have a little fun on the road.

Probably all the ones having moral comments Now, are cheering like hell For Events like the gumball etc etc...
    And think it is cool to drive like it's a race On the n'ring (which is a Public road remember).

These cars are toys For boys, and yes they Do bring the child out in people.
    It's not wise to do, but don't give moral comments like you never did this to show your car to your mates...

my god, hypocrits

(although I would never ever post a video of me doing this On a Public forum...)

This heated thread is getting out of hand, everybody please say and argue what you want but refrain from personal attacks and insults or it will need to be locked.
    Thank you.

Quote:
    bestforless said:
    Are you one of those guys who do window shopping and cypernet hopping all day long?
    Your post gives me the impression that you will and had never owned a Supercar, so stay in the lane bro and shut up !

regards mark

Mr. "I'm new to rennteam", funny to see someone who doesn't know anybody here feel the need to show off at this forum. Surely a great achievement with only two posts. But this is the blessing of the world-wide-web that we also have to deal with wisenheimers like you.

Your post is so absurd, so if there's one who should shut up, it's you, I'm sorry.

come on guys, everybody has the right to have an opnion

you know what they say: opinions are like a**holes, everybody has one

Quote:
    loe said:

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    loe said:

Did not know that you are just a faker... I was under the impression that you really owned a sports car

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    loe said:

Did not know that you are just a faker... I was under the impression that you really owned a sports car

Sorry to spoil your party, but in cyberspace I'm also known as "Mr.Fake".

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    bestforless said:

regards mark

Mr. "I'm new to rennteam", funny to see someone who doesn't know anybody here feel the need to show off at this forum. Surely a great achievement with only two posts. But this is the blessing of the world-wide-web that we also have to deal with wisenheimers like you.

Your post is so absurd, so if there's one who should shut up, it's you, I'm sorry.

It's all about the content my friend and your status don't gives you the right for abusing somebody personally,think about it

cheers mark

1) I didn't know we were friends.

2) I was expressing my complete accordance to Lars' post:

Quote:
    Lars997 said:

3) I think that speeding in the city and in speed-limited sections of the motorway - like tunnels for example - are a kind of premature behaviour.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Lars997 said:

Quote:
    cooper29 said:
    i'm out...........

Bloody id.iot.

This was what i meant,that is very very uncool and premature those abusing vocables !

Quote:
    bestforless said:
    It is funny how some users act here like "they put a bad light" on drivers of those cars and so on .
    Here in germany you have always a bad light on you if you have more than others,this is a result of social jealousy.

Isn't it funny that most of these comments are from non-European members?

Quote:
    loe said:
    [...] although I would never ever post a video of me doing this On a Public forum...

Isn't that the point?

Seems pointless

As A Euro passport holder I will throw my vote behind this being an example of selfishness. If you can afford a car like that you can afford to take it to the track. I seem to remember a couple of good tracks in Germany and one or two that are pretty good in Belgium...

If people don't like being criticized for this kind of behavior maybe they should look in the mirror and ask themselves why.

Re: Seems pointless

Egad, the fur is flying, isn't it...

We've all done our share of idiotic things on the road... Don't deny it....

But as I approach my 40th b'day this weekend, I realize I'm keeping my act together more and more. I'm lucky I survived my 20's though...

What we have here is a case of perception-gap, and experience-gap....

I'm not one of those holy-roller "don't break the speed limit unless you're at a track" bible-beating fanatics... I have fun when I can and when I feel like it, sometimes in small spurts, others in longer stretches... But it DEPENDS on where I'm at, and what's around me, and how far my range of vision is.... I've got alot of rural countryside to play with where I live..

But I have to side with the holy-rollers on this one... Bikers are scattered everywhere in that 1st video, and with densely parked cars on both sides, you have NO IDEA whether a kid or person would dart out from those parked cars, or a parked car would pull into your path.. Just not the place to be running like that...

And the tunnel was blind... I'd be o.k. with scorching the first half, but I would have been on the brakes much earlier, down to the speed limit prior to rushing past the car at exit...

Sure, it's nit-picking, but WTH, that's what happens on forums...

You want to play? Yes, a racetrack is the answer, but that TRULY IS a hypocritical chant I believe... At least get the hell out of town, don't play around other cars, and find good sight-lines where you have room to adjust to un-anticipated company...

Re: Seems pointless

wisdom comes at 40

almost there

Quote:
    loe said:
    oh god...

Now everybody's pretending to be a saint ... and never ever break a speed limit/have a little fun on the road.

No, Looooong ago and far away I took my friends on a wild ride on back roads which I still think about TO THIS DAY.

Completely by the Grace of God that I didn't kill or paralyze us all by crashing.

Stupidest fing thing I ever did. Seriously, I think about it even today and my BP goes up and I cringe.

I (we?) just want to try to stop, shame, or otherwise dissuade younger guys from doing the same abjectly stooooopid thing with even more _extremely_ regrettable outcomes.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777336 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441734 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262796 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260977 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85249 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5584 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880662 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816002 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM