Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Alonso blocks Hamilton in the pits in qualifyi

So did Ferrari influence the Hungarian race officials?

Will that be McLarens next claim?

And now that Bernie the F1 Czar is selling off his exotic car collection, will he next sell his F1 circus to that Mexican Professional Wrestling guy?

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    The Hungarian Grand Prix stewards have declassified Alonso to the position 6th on the grid and Mclaren can't score any points in tomorrow's race, though Mclaren will go on appeal regarding this last decision to the FIA's court, probably in the course of this month.

TEAM McLaren will not be awarded any Constructors' Championship points, so the McLaren drivers are still competing for Drivers' Championship points!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    And now that Bernie the F1 Czar is selling off his exotic car collection, will he next sell his F1 circus to that Mexican Professional Wrestling guy?

Knowing Bernie, he'll probably sell off the Brabham F1 Team once again!

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    The Hungarian Grand Prix stewards have declassified Alonso to the position 6th on the grid and Mclaren can't score any points in tomorrow's race, though Mclaren will go on appeal regarding this last decision to the FIA's court, probably in the course of this month.

TEAM McLaren will not be awarded any Constructors' Championship points, so the McLaren drivers are still competing for Drivers' Championship points!

That's so ridiculous. McLaren can't be awarded points for that but when they get secret infos from ferrari they don't get any sanctions.

All of it doesn't make any sense. Alonso's onna be real happy. War has started inside of McLaren's team for good.

Alonso is a wuss. How can you be the double world champ and act like this?

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

Knowing Bernie, he'll probably sell off the Brabham F1 Team once again!

I wish him luck on that Then he can buy a Tyrrell P34

Mows Grass Quick !

possible spoilers in the following link
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idUKL0424023620070804

F1 is becoming worse than any tv soap opera

To me it's pretty clear. The stewards decision was based on analysis of radio transmission during Alonso's pitstop. Reading the decision, Alonso tried to justify himself by saying he "waited to see if they had fitted the right tyres" Alonso lied, so he was demoted.
    The team attempted to mislead the stewards (Ron blamed Lewis in order to maintain 1-2 on the grid, though his body language when it happened said something very different) and that is why the team has been penalised.

True, but it's great entertainment
    Can you remember a season with this much action and drama...

I was hoping that Alonso would get disqualified from Q3, and then start 11th, but 5 places is acceptable I guess.

Here's the full statement from the stewards:
    http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=General&PO_ID=40284

Quote:
    temm said:
    True, but it's great entertainment
    Can you remember a season with this much action and drama... ..

I guess you are right.

Indeed

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    moto said:
    hmmmm.....

Hungarian Grand Prix stewards have taken no disciplinary action after investigating the incident involving the two McLaren drivers in Saturday's qualifying session.

The verdict came at 11pm local time and means that Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton will take up their positions on the front row of the grid for Sunday's race.

from itv-f1.com

Latest development:

That's great news

I think it was a pretty good race given the nature of the track.

My personal and humble rating:
    - the Mclaren boys once again delivered, Hamilton performed superbly after having been maintained under pressure during the whole race by Kimi.
    The braveness and combativity of Fernando were magnificent, he has incredible skills to overtake where it is allegdly not impossible, reminds me of Montoya. Furthermore I found him very calm and serene after what happened yesterday. However, he did a few mistakes which seem to be relatively frequent when he drives at his maximum (cf. Canada), unlike Hamilton.
    - I am not a particular fan of Kimi, nevertheless it is good to see he has recovered his pace and ease for a few races now. Very strong today.
    -Massa: he was nowhere this afternoon. He seems to have lost his edge over his teammate and more and more appears as an excellent driver, but not a genuinely great one such as Lewis, Fernanado and Kimi.

From the latests news it seems that it is Lewis who is the root cause of the mess during the qualifications.
    It doesn't excuse Alonso's behaviour though

I am keen to know how the thing will evolve during the 3-week break, but for the time beeing I don't see the same 2 drivers at Mclaren next year.

Based on post race interviews, we can work out the following. At the start of Q3, Lewis was at the front of the queue. He was asked by the team to move aside and let Alonso through. However, as Raikonnen was also there, Lewis did not do so for fear that Raikonnen would also get in front and ruin his lap. Lewis has admitted he ignored this order, and said that he had to think of himself.

Now knowing how Alonso likes to hold a grudge, it appears that Alonso waited at the end of the pitstop to 'punish' Lewis for what happened. His midget trainer may also have collaborated with him on this.

Lewis, chance at pole ruined, thought Ron Dennis was responsible for holding Alonso to punish him for ignoring the earlier order, got into a heated exchange with Dennis on the radio. This is why when he was quoted after qualifying Lewis appeared to think the team was at fault. Of course the culprit was Alonso. This would also explain why Dennis was visibly agitated with Alonso and his trainer after qualifying. Later, when Hamilton realised what had really happened, he apparently made his peace with Dennis.

So who was right and who was wrong? Lewis did ignore a team order but only because he was thinking of his own advantage on track position. This is how champions think. He did not ruin Alonso's qualifying.

Alonso on the other hand deliberately acted in a spiteful and dishonest manner. And he didnt even deserve five points for that. His excuse that he was waiting to make sure they put the right tyres on is almost as stupid as his explanation of the swerve at the Indianapolis pit wall. He is a poor liar and a poor sportsman.

Very dirty trick .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQM_84sXfBA

Ron,

I thought I had a bug on my screen and was ready to hit it with a car magazine.

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Ron,

Yeah! That bug must be squashed.

Quote:
    amazon said:
    Ron,

Me too

Me too! But back on the serious subject, is there anyone out there who thinks Alonso acted correctly? I think this is a hard one for even his fans to accept.

>...is there anyone out there who thinks Alonso acted correctly?

No, Alonso is acting as a spoiled brat. It appears that he has not grown up unfortunately. He may have his complaints within the team but this is not the way to deal with it.

Alonso has not been able to deal with the fact that his team hired a talented rookie who is competing on his level. Not to say that Hamilton is sin-free, which he is not, but he hides his foibles quite well.

Quote:
    cgt said:
    Based on post race interviews, we can work out the following. At the start of Q3, Lewis was at the front of the queue. He was asked by the team to move aside and let Alonso through. [...] Lewis has admitted he ignored this order, and said that he had to think of himself.

Now that sounds a bit different than anything else being reported before... So far it appeared as if Alonso "punished" him for no reason. Admittedly the rivalry between these two is very heated up and on a dubious level, still I am glad that they didn't take out these misunderstandings on the track, even involving other drivers. Wether Alonso's behaviour was appropriate towards Hamilton and the rest of the team is open for discussion, it was definately a move that could have been avoided. Anyways I don't expect him to stay with McLaren for more than one season.

Let's wait and see how Hamilton will perform once he has to tackle the leadership in the team. I am even curious how he will fair towards McLaren's teamboss Dennis, once he got spoiled by other teams' job offers.

The fact that McLaren got punished for this incident can only be justified with lack of cooperation towards the stewards to clarify the issue.

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:
    Based on post race interviews, we can work out the following. At the start of Q3, Lewis was at the front of the queue. He was asked by the team to move aside and let Alonso through. [...] Lewis has admitted he ignored this order, and said that he had to think of himself.

Now that sounds a bit different than anything else being reported before... So far it appeared as if Alonso "punished" him for no reason. Admittedly the rivalry between these two is very heated up and on a dubious level, still I am glad that they didn't take out these misunderstandings on the track, even involving other drivers. Wether Alonso's behaviour was appropriate towards Hamilton and the rest of the team is open for discussion, it was definately a move that could have been avoided. Anyways I don't expect him to stay with McLaren for more than one season.

Let's wait and see how Hamilton will perform once he has to tackle the leadership in the team. I am even curious how he will fair towards McLaren's teamboss Dennis, once he got spoiled by other teams' job offers.

The fact that McLaren got punished for this incident can only be justified with lack of cooperation towards the stewards to clarify the issue.

May be Alonso's move in the pits was not of his signature, but may be it was an error of team's decision for putting him in a good space gap to perform the last lap for pole... Nearly everyone agrees it was a decision of himself, which I respect and probably has been....but is there any FIA regulation that punishes this type of situation....the answer is NO....Talking from a legal point of view, what Alonso did was legal, and there is no sort of fault/penalty for him (and this is what race-directors and professional formula 1 judges have said), there is no article that says this....So what the heck has FIA based this punish , taking him 6 positions back????....This is just a completely joke....On the other hand, what about Hamilton not following instructions of the team, and denying Alonso's last Q3 lap in front of him......That really is a clean move to his team-mate and teams strategy....

If that pit move was done by Alonso himself, it really explains everything....How can you guys say, there is a exact same level of support from RD to both pilots....I mean did you saw what he did with the head-phones when his 2 times world champion pilot finished with the pole....having like this the best result mclaren can have in any GP, a 1rst and 2nd place....This is just a joke.....Its pretty sad what Alonso said after having the pole position......Spanish journalist asked him why his team was like in a funeral when he just got the pole position and his team-mate the second place....Alonso's answer was very simple..."Because I won today, in front of my team-mate"......Like Ferdie said, I dont think Alonso is going to stay much more in mclaren, and its very sad, because Mclaren's car-team is probably better now than ferrari......

Lets see what happens when Jean Todt leaves the escuderia!!!!!...May be Alonso and Kimi are team-mates....or even better Alonso and Massa!!!

I'm sure Fernando will get his third title, no matter what difficulties he can have during the next GP's, he has returned for sure!!!.....Massa did great by the way!!!! ....

happy summer guys !!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

May be Alonso's move in the pits was not of his signature, but may be it was an error of team's decision for putting him in a good space gap to perform the last lap for pole... Nearly everyone agrees it was a decision of himself, which I respect and probably has been....but is there any FIA regulation that punishes this type of situation....the answer is NO....Talking from a legal point of view, what Alonso did was legal, and there is no sort of fault/penalty for him (and this is what race-directors and professional formula 1 judges have said), there is no article that says this....So what the heck has FIA based this punish , taking him 6 positions back????....This is just a completely joke....On the other hand, what about Hamilton not following instructions of the team, and denying Alonso's last Q3 lap in front of him......That really is a clean move to his team-mate and teams strategy....

If that pit move was done by Alonso himself, it really explains everything....How can you guys say, there is a exact same level of support from RD to both pilots....I mean did you saw what he did with the head-phones when his 2 times world champion pilot finished with the pole....having like this the best result mclaren can have in any GP, a 1rst and 2nd place....This is just a joke.....Its pretty sad what Alonso said after having the pole position......Spanish journalist asked him why his team was like in a funeral when he just got the pole position and his team-mate the second place....Alonso's answer was very simple..."Because I won today, in front of my team-mate"......Like Ferdie said, I dont think Alonso is going to stay much more in mclaren, and its very sad, because Mclaren's car-team is probably better now than ferrari......

Lets see what happens when Jean Todt leaves the escuderia!!!!!...May be Alonso and Kimi are team-mates....or even better Alonso and Massa!!!

I'm sure Fernando will get his third title, no matter what difficulties he can have during the next GP's, he has returned for sure!!!.....Massa did great by the way!!!! ....

happy summer guys !!

Alex,

Ron Dennis threw his headphones not because Alonso did the pole, but because he just had a very hot verbale exchange with Hamilton where the two used f- words.

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

happy summer guys !!

Alex,

Ron Dennis threw his headphones not because Alonso did the pole, but because he just had a very hot verbale exchange with Hamilton where the two used f- words.

Well there is the true attitude of Hamilton, it seems that in the most critical moments, he looses the respect even with his team-boss.....Well another true thing is that RD didnt show himself when Hamilton was in the podium.....

Anyway that action of RD, could be mixed by both emotions, arguing with Hamilton, and Alonso being first...

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    cgt said:

happy summer guys !!

Alex,

Well there is the true attitude of Hamilton, it seems that in the most critical moments, he looses the respect even with his team-boss.....Well another true thing is that RD didnt show himself when Hamilton was in the podium.....

Anyway that action of RD, could be mixed by both emotions, arguing with Hamilton, and Alonso being first...

"Well there is the true attitude of Hamilton, it seems that in the most critical moments, he looses the respect even with his team-boss"
    ->Well that just happened once in his first F1 season so hard to draw conclusion here.

"Well another true thing is that RD didnt show himself when Hamilton was in the podium"
    -> no Mclaren officials were allowed in the parc fermé and podium since the team was denied the right to score during the race.

Hamiltons special radio "F code" phrase to Dennis:

"Go F******* swivel"

Hamiltons radio conversations with Ron: Hamiltons F'n Code

Fun times at Team McLaren. I bet their drivers meetings have been wonderful this season.

Carlos is very quiet on this subject...

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Carlos is very quiet on this subject...

So is Dr. Phil, he must be on vacation
    Anyway, back to the drama:

Alonso's McLaren future uncertain
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40315

Quote:
    Fernando Alonso's long-term future at McLaren has been thrown into question after speculation grew over the Hungarian Grand Prix weekend that he may look to leave the team at the end of the season.

The double world champion is contracted to the Mercedes-powered squad until the end of the 2008 season but the future length of that partnership now seems uncertain after the Spaniard's relationship with team-mate Lewis Hamilton reached new levels of tension at the weekend.

Alonso was asked about his future with the team in an interview with the Spanish media following his fourth-place finish in Hungary.

And when asked if it was possible to continue with the current situation at McLaren for the duration of his contract he replied: "I don't know".

This really is Senna/Prost all over again, it took 11 races...
    Poor Ron Dennis, I almost feel sorry for him

Alonso's not talking to me, admits Lewis
    http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40314

Let's see who joins Ferrari this time
    (Prost went to Ferrari after his falling out with Senna in McLaren)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776715 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441517 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262676 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260817 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85086 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5497 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880525 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815657 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM