Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

OT : What for kind of watch you have ?

Hello,

i hope that is ok , that i open this new Post.

I am meaning nice cars and nice watches are good together, so what for a kind of watches you have.

Sorry my english is not the best.

Re: OT : What for kind of watch you have ?

I have to admit that I don't see how cars and watches are connected one to each other.
    But I made a strange observation during the past few years of Porsche ownership while I was meeting with lots of different Porsche owners: lots of them seem to own a Rolex and, maybe no surprise, mostly the Daytona. No matter if steel, gold, platinum or whatever. Just a co-incidence? Maybe.

First if was age question of porsche owners that somebody asked, then how much money we make, and now watches, I suspect we have this forum started to be used to make soome sort of marketing research of Porsche owners :-)

Anyway I agree with RC completely about Rolex, I just had a day on the track last friday with my instructor Le Mans 24 winner in (Porsche) GT class having special Le Mans 24 Rolex :-), which was really nice

I personally like audemar and breguet, hope we will not have a separate watchs forums here :-)

I had an IWC, but I sold it recently (too much maintenance).

Timex.

from walgreens. who cares?

Getting personal here but I'll answer differently by telling you which watches I like.
    Rolex is very nice of course but no gold thank you (too flashy), I particularly like the original Oyster Perpetual in steel, and the Daytona is great too, but only the steel one, with either black or white face.
    I also like the sports version of the Jaeger-Lecoultre Reverso, the one with a rubber wristband.
    Some Tag special edition are very nice (Le Mans, Ayrton Senna, etc), I also like the one they've made for SLR owners.
    And of course, the best for the end, the top of the top, the cream of the cream, Patek Philippe, a bit like Porsche, no substitute.

I don't wear a watch.

When I have worn a watch in the past I have preferred a very lighweight, thin design that's not too flashy or bulky. The last of those was a Baume & Mercier. At this moment it's resting in a jewellery box.

Hmm ... now that I'm thinking about it, I really like that watch. I may get it out and start wearing it again.

I use my Cell phone time, it's always accurate . Funny thing is that my brother-in-law has Rolex and Patek Philippe exclusivity in Houston but I never liked waring watches .

RC you may have a right about rolex daytona and porsche owners. (The steel one of course). But in some regions you have to wait very long for such a watch, unless you have good coneckts.
    The the threads are getting really wired in the last time, what will be the next question? How often porsche drivers have s**?
    Oh I forgot, we have sex only once a week. Akkroding to the last researches. But we prosche drivers cheat our wifes most of all other car owners.
    Does this sound logicall to you, so it seems porsche owners never sleep with their wifes.
    By the way accroding to those researches, if you wan't to do something for your love life, buy a BMW.
    And last but not least, don't buy your wife an Audi if you want her to be faithfull, because wifes which drive Audis ar the most unfaithfull.
    Sometimes the german media write such a [****].

I think all of those recent questions are asked by folks who are unsecure about their decision to buy Porsche.

I just had yesterday a friend of my called me and asked how much money he should worth if he is buying Ferrari Modena and the guy has 992C2 and X5 in his garage!

The bottom line is who cares, watch Nike advertisement, which says "just do it". meaning do what you want. Just realize that you are not going to fit but set the standard.

The only thing I am trying to do (really) different is when I drive my Porsche to be really nice to people, since I know that some people assume that if you drive great sport car, you are an aregnt idiot.

Quote:
    lev said:
    I suspect we have this forum started to be used to make some sort of marketing research of Porsche owners :-)

They'll be certain to take weird results if they read it seriously for this purpose.

I wear an inexpensive Swatch every day. Another American customer that attened the Geneva Carrera GT debut I saw also wearing a Swatch. It was very similar to mine.

One can never be sure about the means of the wearer when looking at watches on wrists, no? (with the possible exception of a diamond-crusted Rolex -- if not fake)

I wear a fake Tag Heuer A girl I once dated got it for me from a "vendor" in New York City. It was $10, compared to the real one which is $1250....

Oh and I forgot one of my favourites as well, the Swatch Skin Chrono! I just love it!

Re: Timex.

Quote:
    John SF 2005 997 S said:
    from walgreens. who cares?

What happened to your previous avatar? I thought it was outstanding; the new version is much too tame.....

Watches.

I believe that Rennteam is unique when it comes to being serious and in my opinion we should try to keep it clean for these questions going in directions that has nothing to do with porsche. In my opinion there are other sites that does a much better job when it comes to watches or other stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

Re: Watches.

Mybe its because I am not as financially set as some, still scraping by, but I would rather use 4 or 5 grand towards a down on a new 997 and use the clock that comes with it. Come to think of it even if I was loaded I don't see much of an advantage of having a Rolex over any other watch, technology is to the point now where $5 watches are as reliable for telling time. They do look nice, and thats probably why men buy them, one of the few peices of nice jewlery a man can wear. All in all I think they are mostly for people to see you wearing it, and that makes me beleive this should be a question to be posted in the Ferrari forum, you know buying something just so people will say "wow thats neat and expensive, you must really be rich, how can I be like you." Believe me, my part time job two or three days a week is at a jewler where we sell Rolexes. I am not too impressed by the clientel, most are self absorbed, flashy people, that are more interested in how others see them, i.e. Ferrari owners

Quote:
    danny911 said:
    Mybe its because I am not as financially set as some, still scraping by, but I would rather use 4 or 5 grand towards a down on a new 997 and use the clock that comes with it. Come to think of it even if I was loaded I don't see much of an advantage of having a Rolex over any other watch, technology is to the point now where $5 watches are as reliable for telling time. They do look nice, and thats probably why men buy them, one of the few peices of nice jewlery a man can wear. All in all I think they are mostly for people to see you wearing it, and that makes me beleive this should be a question to be posted in the Ferrari forum, you know buying something just so people will say "wow thats neat and expensive, you must really be rich, how can I be like you." Believe me, my part time job two or three days a week is at a jewler where we sell Rolexes. I am not too impressed by the clientel, most are self absorbed, flashy people, that are more interested in how others see them, i.e. Ferrari owners

agreed.

I'am sorry it is my mistake with this question....

but i only want to know waht you think about panerai ?

Quote:
    praetorianer said:
    I'am sorry it is my mistake with this question....

but i only want to know waht you think about panerai ?

Praetorianer, I suggest you go to the forums at timezone.com where you can get excellent information about fine watches.
    Here is a link to the Panerai forum:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=24&start=3&rid=0#msg820784

Quote:
    tso said:
    I believe that Rennteam is unique when it comes to being serious and in my opinion we should try to keep it clean for these questions going in directions that has nothing to do with porsche. In my opinion there are other sites that does a much better job when it comes to watches or other stuff.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. But sometimes I think one or two off-topic posts from time to time can't hurt.
    And I really enjoyed the answers because they were mature and lacking any true desire to "show off" expensive property.

But hopefully nobody starts now a thread with a "what is your monthly income" or "what do you do for a living".
    I actually don't want to see threads over here which disclose too much about private things like jobs, incomes, working place, schools/universities, family, etc.. Not because they are off-topic but because there are a lot of psychos on the internet. We don't want to feed them with easy information...

And now back to cars...

After buying a Porsche, i knew i needed a chronograph style watch,

my first choice was probably the Bvlgari Diagano Professional, but that seemed a bit too Val Kilmer...

i almost bought a Tiffany's Mark T57 when it was offered to me at a Tiffany's VIP event nearly a month before it was availible to the public... but i declined.

finally a few months ago i decided:

Rolex Daytona
    Stainless Steel
    White Face

a la Kill Bill: Volume 2 the best movie ever ((zombie eyes))

to each his own, most of the time i don't even wear a watch.

Moogle,

I suggest your new signature now should be:
    2005 Turbo S Cabriolet (October 2004 Delivery)
    Triple Black
    $10k Options

2003 Boxster S
    Guards Red
    $10k Options

Rolex Daytona
    Stainless Steel
    White Face
    $XX,XXX

:-)

haha that reminds me... i went to the dealer today to do the initial option speccing...

turns out that even though the 'big' options are all standard on the TT (bose/full leather/navigation/etc)...

somehow... after he bought me a few cups of coffee and we walked around the lot a few times... somehow... somehow.... the option sheet grew to $20k... that sneaky bastard and his mind tricks

DAMN YOU FOOTWELL LIGHTING ($750)...

its going to f*ckin great. Triple black w/ Alum Look Packadge Large AND PCM Packadge Alum Look.

indeed going to change my profile but the rolex is not going in there, its not the right place for it,

and besides for all you know, i could have gotten it on canary street, and me in my TT you'd never suspect it

Lev,
    You are on to something. It's important that we disclose how many options our Porsches have because it more = better.

- Justin

Chicken sandwich on wheat bread for lunch
    $.75 in options

Quote:
    Justin said:
    Chicken sandwich on wheat bread for lunch
    $.75 in options

I used to own a Rolex Submariner date, which was unreliable, expensive to service and inaccurate. I now wear a thoroughly reliable, accurate, unpretentious Seiko Kinetic.

Ironic, all this talk about Rolexes as Porsche drivers are (theoretically) more interested in function than form?

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    a la Kill Bill: Volume 2 the best movie ever ((zombie eyes))

Really? I do love them both, but I was expecting more of the beautifully choreographed fighting a la vol. 1. The dialouge was fantastic, as well as the whole movie. But after vol. 1 and the scenes after scenes of fighting, I was a bit let down by the 2 or 3 small fight scenes.

I decided to view the movie as Terentino had sought out, as one, that way its just one kick ass movie with alot of fighting! Way off topic, but I think thats what this post has become anyway!

I say Matrix is the best of all time. Just imagine Morpheus and Trinity together being chased by agents in Cayenne Turbo in volume 2 higway chase :-)

The only problem in that scene was that they used Cadilacs :-)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691006 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410144 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256201 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235408 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858796 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM