Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Greenpeace is back to its old methods...

Quote:
    W8MM said:

The person in the foreground seems to somehow match the pink car

Ouch!! Mike, you sure can be a mean b@stard.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    Quote:
    W8MM said:

Ouch!! Mike, you sure can be a mean [Email]b@stard.[/Email]

I wonder what her greenhouse emissions are .

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:
    Quote:
    W8MM said:

Ouch!! Mike, you sure can be a mean [Email]b@stard.[/Email]

I guess my preconceived notions about Greenpeace got the better of my judgement. I'll try to restrain myself in the future

Quote:
    W8MM said:

Obviously she ain't that green, by the looks of things she doesnt eat fruit and veg.

Greenpeace should contact green giant for veg advice..

Greenpeace is the biggest hyprocritical organization in the world, they keep blaming others for doing stuff to harm the earth while they sidestep what THEY did to harm the earth.

Conventional electric plants are one of the biggest polluters in the world, but the Greenpeace people still uses electricity last I check. Plastic harm the enviroment but they all wear shoes with plastic, clothing with nylon, and I bet their cellphones are made of plastic too. Cutting down trees is bad but they all living in places build with wood. Most of them drive cars, which pollutes the air, take airplane rides and planes are worst CO2 producers than cars. If they are so noble as they claim to be, they should set an example themselves, walk, bike and swim to places, refuse to use plastic, wood and etc. O they shouldn't wear any clothes as the factories that produces them also pullute the earth. Same could be said of the bike factory, so scratch that too. Until they start doing what they preach, no one is gonna believe they are NOT hyprocrites.

If they argue some of the above is reqired in a modern society, then who is to decide what is acceptable? Greenpeace? No, they are not God or anything close to that.

One time in a cocktail reception I met a woman working for one of Greenpeace's affiliates, she's there to lure 'patrons' for Greenpeace. I got into a heated argument on Greenpeace's principles with her using the above points. Before long we had a crowd surrounding us to listen in on the debate. She was so desperate to win the argument that she actually strip off her clothes and throw them in the trash. To rub it in I reminded her that her dress contains plastics and it harms the earth, feeling humiliated and embarassed, she picked them up and left the party in a stretched S600. Typical hyprocrite.

Greenpeace is still nothing more than a hyprocritical eco-terrorist organization. At least to me and until they can prove otherwise.

As to the head of the Greenpeace Germany being a single old lady, who in thier right mind would want to marry a anti-social psychopath?

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:
    Greenpeace is the biggest hyprocritical organization in the world, they keep blaming others for doing stuff to harm the earth while they sidestep what THEY did to harm the earth.

Conventional electric plants are one of the biggest polluters in the world, but the Greenpeace people still uses electricity last I check. Plastic harm the enviroment but they all wear shoes with plastic, clothing with nylon, and I bet their cellphones are made of plastic too. Cutting down trees is bad but they all living in places build with wood. Most of them drive cars, which pollutes the air, take airplane rides and planes are worst CO2 producers than cars. If they are so noble as they claim to be, they should set an example themselves, walk, bike and swim to places, refuse to use plastic, wood and etc. O they shouldn't wear any clothes as the factories that produces them also pullute the earth. Same could be said of the bike factory, so scratch that too. Until they start doing what they preach, no one is gonna believe they are NOT hyprocrites.

If they argue some of the above is reqired in a modern society, then who is to decide what is acceptable? Greenpeace? No, they are not God or anything close to that.

One time in a cocktail reception I met a woman working for one of Greenpeace's affiliates, she's there to lure 'patrons' for Greenpeace. I got into a heated argument on Greenpeace's principles with her using the above points. Before long we had a crowd surrounding us to listen in on the debate. She was so desperate to win the argument that she actually strip off her clothes and throw them in the trash. To rub it in I reminded her that her dress contains plastics and it harms the earth, feeling humiliated and embarassed, she picked them up and left the party in a stretched S600. Typical hyprocrite.

Greenpeace is still nothing more than a hyprocritical eco-terrorist organization. At least to me and until they can prove otherwise.

As to the head of the Greenpeace Germany being a single old lady, who in thier right mind would want to marry a anti-social psychopath?

Well said. And if we ever meet you've just earned yourself a beer for the Greenpeace stripper story .

Greenpeace are just after everyones freedom and money!

Just barbarick sollutions for non existant problems, if there is a problem, they won't cure it.

Quote:
    Whoopsy said:

Let me get this straight. You have a problem with anyone advocating environmental practices because they live in a society that does not? If we know our actions are harming the environment, is it unreasonable to try to change things?

Using your arguements nothing will change and we will continue to destroy the planet. I am shock with your specious approach given you live in a beautiful country. I have to believe that you are a better person than your narrow/closedminded arguments would lead us to believe.

Many Greenpeace execs I have met are from wealthy families. You have to have family money to afford to a high level position and a career in a organization like that.

I havent met a single one of them who leads by example, but strangely they are always ready to dramatize some point to a make a news headline to raise more money from direct email solicitations to go buy more IT or Marine hardware.

Seen any Greenpiece vessels made from recylable materials and with sails and not engines? No. Visit one of their offices and check out all the tech hardware, the hi tech oil based outdoor clothing and gear etc.. They are hopeless
    gear junkies from stuff made from petroleum.

I agree with them about stopping whale hunting and thats it.
    Big deal. Even the Hemp, Cotton, Wool and Bamboo products lobbyists are for that.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Let me get this straight. You have a problem with anyone advocating environmental practices because they live in a society that does not? If we know our actions are harming the environment, is it unreasonable to try to change things?

Using your arguements nothing will change and we will continue to destroy the planet. I am shock with your specious approach given you live in a beautiful country. I have to believe that you are a better person than your narrow/closedminded arguments would lead us to believe.

ah, Nick, don't get me wrong, I DO do my share to help out. I just gotten rid of my 5.5L supercharged and move to a smaller 3L turbo-charged car to reduced my carbon foot print. In my house I most uses flourescent lights and natural sunlight to save energy. And I recycle my beer bottles, cans, paper and plastic. And wood trims in the car? No way, I prefer recyclable aluminium trims

Don't believe the propaganda produced by the Greenpeace people, as Jim have said, most if not all of the top execs are from money, they travel in private jets, V12-powered limos, and their houses probably used up more trees that a whole neighbourhood, and their energy bill each month just for their houses can buy millions of meals for starving people in Africa. Do you seriously believe they practise what they preach? No, they just do it for the 'prestige' of been a top exec. They are your stereotypical hyprocrites.

I do not have a problem for people caring for the earth, the enviroment, but I do have a serious problem with these hyprocrites. Not just Greenpeace, but here locally as well. We have treehuggers here that drives steel nails into logging trees, with the intent of seriously injurying the un-suspecting loggers when they hit them with their chainsaws. These people proclaim they love the trees but they all lived in wood build houses. When they are confronted with that fact, their excuses were their houses are a necessity but they claims others should NOT live in wood build houses and should build their houses with something else. Huh? Isn't that a load of crap? How can you take these guys and their 'believe' seriously?

Now until these people put their money where their mouth is, I would continue to be label them as hyprocrites.

Quote:
    nberry said:

I live in Berkeley, CA. I'm surrounded by these people. I'm all for the environment, but I hate when people go about protecting it in a way that makes no sense and blames the wrong people by overemphasizing small problems and ignoring large ones. It wastes everyone's time and in the long run makes it harder to make any real, worthwhile change.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778655 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442149 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263014 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261305 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85551 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5765 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880984 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816961 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM