Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Official: New Porsche Carrera T

That was the impression I have about that gearbox . I hope it is better in the T , but it still remains actually a PDK box, that is converted to manual .....   And also, for manual, 6 speeds is enough for me 

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

The GT4 box is such a joy to use! Had a hell of a drive this morning.

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

Great spec ISUK with the GT-silver + yellow/black interior kiss

I really love the cloth seat centers. Can't understand why leather has become so popular. I would get either sport-tex or these cloth seats if I were ordering. Just so much more comfortable on hot/cold days + you don't slide around in the seat.

yellow stitching and seatbelts gives a black interior so much needed color and a beautiful finish. 

I agree with lukestern, leather is just nice to look at but can't compete with cloth seats or sport-tex in terms of comfort. 

Mikla:

The GT4 box is such a joy to use! Had a hell of a drive this morning.

same here - wasn't driving it for a long time - once you get in and drive the little thing it's such a good chassis and gearbox etc - just one of the best price/value car outthere Smiley

AP911:

yellow stitching and seatbelts gives a black interior so much needed color and a beautiful finish. 

I agree with lukestern, leather is just nice to look at but can't compete with cloth seats or sport-tex in terms of comfort. 

Very nice specs Smiley Perhaps yellow calipers will look better together with yellow interior bits ( since Porsche offers calipers paint with no additional charge, makes it even more considerable )

--

iris-2.jpgiris-3.jpg

You can only get the yellow callipers from the factory by spec'ing the PCCB option which I don't want. Porsche have a strange attitude on brake calliper colour and use it to denote a type of braking system or model trim level instead of  allowing their customers to choose a colour that compliments - as opposed to clashes with - their chosen exterior colour choice. The new tungsten carbide option brakes will come with white callipers which are going to look pretty odd with a lo of exterior colours. I've had callipers refinished in the past (I had the standard red callipers repainted into Racing Yellow on my Racing Yellow 991 for example) so that may be an option. I actually like the black look on my spec though as it is more subtle.

↵

ISUK:

You can only get the yellow callipers from the factory by spec'ing the PCCB option which I don't want.

If I recall correct, we've had this discussion earlier on one of the threads and RC confirmed, that P offers a calipers paint in three colors free of charge - in this case it would be yellow without spec'ing a PCCB

--

bluelines:
    ISUK:
    Exterior Colour
    GT Silver Metallic U2

Great spec and the new fastest color Smiley Congrats! SmileySmiley

Obviously, I missed the yellow stitching and accents. For some reason I thought you had selected a grey interior with silver stitching. The yellow is a nice touch.Smiley

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

SportCarGroup:

iris-2.jpgiris-3.jpg

Wait, so you get the GT3 spec PCCB on a non GT car now? Hmmm, if so it may be worth the upgrade?

Well, you were always able to specc the PCCBs (410 / 390) also for a base 911, there is nothing new about it Smiley ...I don't know what kind of an upgrade you are talking about...for me, the PCCBs are not interesting as I would not want to destroy material and hence, a lot of money, on the track...

Always able to spec them? Maybe for the 991s but never before then. I’ve had a few with PCCB and the non GT’s were always smaller. And likewise with 981 Boxster S and Spyder. Mine were just the 350mm version. 

As for PCCB wearing out on the track, all I can say is that I won’t be buying a 911T for the track. 

Well spotted, the diameters now seem to be  identical. As to PCCB, I guess, that these are the very items in Porsche speccs you cannot argue about, you want them or you don't. Honestly however I am a little bit surprised that a Tweed base carrera gets so much attention, when the majority of RT members seem wanting to discuss the next rumoured GT3 / RS only...Smiley ... I am interested in the T also, though cannot think of replacing my 981 GTS now or in the near future. Neither my financials nor my petrol heart have the urge... Smiley ... But, if and when, ... today, I would take the yellow car from the ads, take PDK, T interior with yellow and the sports seats, would discuss lift or no lift and would then settle with the usual must-haves like PCM, parking sensors etc., basically similar to isuk's speccs above. 

I appear to have my dealer's first production slot. My spec lockdown date is December 8th and the car is due to complete production on January 12th. I'm borrowing their C2 manual demo car next week for a few days.

The T just showed its ugly face to me, it seems that the choice for PDK eliminates torque vectoring and the mechanic diff... Something I have in my 981 GTS currently...btw, has your dealer told you what he will get as a T show room car? My GTS is a show room car and it seems that nearly all these cars had the same speccs in Germany...

I don't think they are getting a showroom car as allocation seems limited here and demand is high. I will ask him next week.

The 911 T launch is peculiar for its lack of media reviews of the car. Unusually journalists get some cars to review ahead of time with a agreed to embargo of their coverage until after the release date. 

I don't think there is much to say about it. It's not going to be much different than a C2S.

noone1:

I don't think there is much to say about it. It's not going to be much different than a C2...     nonS.

The T is and stays a C2. As to the "enormous" press coverage mentioned, I am a bit disappointed as well as Porsche really should not forgo the opportunity to promote the base models...wait and see...

Maybe I've already forgotten the details, but isn't the difference between this and the S just the power? Unlike the base C2, this one comes with things like PASM etc, which are what you can get on the S, no?

certainly, yes, I was referring mainly to the engine...however, the T may (academically) reduce the performance gap to the S on paper, but in real life, the T will just be a very good "C2". Given the high performance these P-cars are capable of these days, I doubt that "PASM or no PASM" will make a substantial difference...

Strange that there has been no media reviews of this model yet.

Perhaps, Porsche still regards the T more a "Black Edition" than a "new" model...on the other hand, I still think that the T will not be notably faster than the base, hence, Porsche may not want to have a journalistic shitstorm coming...Smiley

Why would someone buy this car? Get a Carrera S, half a year old for the same price and drive a "real 911". I already see the comments when parking in the street "couldn't afford an 'S'". 

Hideous move and another step towards ruing this precious brand and myth!

So a base carrera isn’t a real 911? Give me a break. 

--

997.2 4S / BMW X5 40e / Donkervoort GT 

For the UK - the non-S makes much more sense. I've had many over the years and I think I have the best non-real 911.

--

991 Carrera Black Edition, XC90 Black\Black - 2 kids, 1 dog

spudgun:

So a base carrera isn’t a real 911? Give me a break. 

Not want to be arrogant - sorry if I appeared!

Actually I meant it the other way round. People will not give the right "respect" to this car because it is a base

Hence why Porsche repackaged the 'base' car as a Carrera T, that doesn't sound like a base car anymore 

--

I’m now at a point in my life where my 2 seaters like GT3/GT4/Spyder just isn’t practical enough to be used even once a month, and the whole speed thing just isn’t that important on the road anymore. So the Carrera T really excites me and I think it’s a good package, base or otherwise. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764962 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436929 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261253 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258108 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82713 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877244 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809423 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM