Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 991 - Turbo Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OFFICIAL: New 991.2 Turbo S Exclusive Series (2017)

RC:
    MKSGR:
    RC:
    noone1:

Who actually considers the Turbo S limited edition? It's a paint job and some useless busy-looking stuff glued on.

You'd be surprised. I can get a GT2 RS, I cannot get a Turbo S Exclusive Series. Believe it or not but there are many people who want one (Turbo S ES).

I love the turbo product... But this SE edition? I don't see why this should be attractive to own Smiley A limited number produced only makes a car more desirable if the car itself is also special and attractive. This turbo SE will be fairly unattractive as soon as the 992 turbo has come out... Don't you agree?

Well, I find the new 991.2 GT3 Touring version to be more attractive than the 991.1 R but have you seen the prices for the R drop substantially? I haven't. Limited versions will always have a certain (collector's) value and even if the 992 Turbo S will be fast as hell, I doubt that the 991.2 Turbo S ES will drop substantially in value.

Many, many cars will drop significantly in value when the interest rates start climbing.... In fact, many prices already came down a quite a bit. The hype is over and it seems very well possible (as an example) that you can buy a 991.2 GT2RS next year below MSRP. No kidding.

Whoopsy:

Man, everyone is already calling dibs on parts of my car when it's not even in production yet 

Hahaha, well, tháts when you know you got yourself a desirable car! Smiley

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

Joost:
    Whoopsy:

Man, everyone is already calling dibs on parts of my car when it's not even in production yet 

Hahaha, well, tháts when you know you got yourself a desirable car partsSmiley

Corrected Smiley

--

Nick, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to own a Porsche dealership?indecision

But seriously, the ES a daily driver? You'll need to bubble wrap it.laugh

--

"A man wrapped up in himself makes for a very small bundle."

nberry:

Nick, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper just to own a Porsche dealership?indecision

But seriously, the ES a daily driver? You'll need to bubble wrap it.laugh

Well at the end of the day, the ES is still a Turbo S, just better, and there are no better sports car for daily driving than a 911 Turbo/Turbo S.

Yes, the paint and finishing of the car is amazing, that's why I am doing a full clear bra on it to protect from daily wear. 

--

Doesn't Porsche have a lightweight turbo s speedster planned? yes  Lower windshield, higher price indecision and a.optional Exclusive department acid green rechargeable hair dryer for those rare option junkies to spec. indecision

MKSGR:
    RC:
    MKSGR:
    RC:
    noone1:

Who actually considers the Turbo S limited edition? It's a paint job and some useless busy-looking stuff glued on.

You'd be surprised. I can get a GT2 RS, I cannot get a Turbo S Exclusive Series. Believe it or not but there are many people who want one (Turbo S ES).

I love the turbo product... But this SE edition? I don't see why this should be attractive to own Smiley A limited number produced only makes a car more desirable if the car itself is also special and attractive. This turbo SE will be fairly unattractive as soon as the 992 turbo has come out... Don't you agree?

Well, I find the new 991.2 GT3 Touring version to be more attractive than the 991.1 R but have you seen the prices for the R drop substantially? I haven't. Limited versions will always have a certain (collector's) value and even if the 992 Turbo S will be fast as hell, I doubt that the 991.2 Turbo S ES will drop substantially in value.

Many, many cars will drop significantly in value when the interest rates start climbing.... In fact, many prices already came down a quite a bit. The hype is over and it seems very well possible (as an example) that you can buy a 991.2 GT2RS next year below MSRP. No kidding.

Not so sure about the GT2 RS (dealer begged me to order one...even if I sell it after 6 months) but you are right, the risk is there, even if I don't think that interest rates in Europe will climb over the next 24 months to any significant heights (2% or more).

My local Porsche dealer has a barely used (no track usage) 991.1 GT3 RS with only 1000 km onboard. Owner tried to sell it for over 220k for months, then the price dropped to slightly under 210k and now it is under 200k (198k or so). Nobody seems to be interested in this car. When the new 991.2 GT3 RS shows up, the value of this car will drop instantly by another 10-20k, at least.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

Porsche GT cars still hold value better than +90% of the rest ! at my PZ a black GT3 Mk1 has just been sold for 9 k below the price I bought my car 2 years ago.....- and it's not even a RS. Try a R8,Huracan,458,Vantage,650S etc.and you loose more driving off the dealer....

RC:
    MKSGR:
    RC:
    MKSGR:
    RC:
    noone1:

Not so sure about the GT2 RS (dealer begged me to order one...even if I sell it after 6 months) but you are right, the risk is there, even if I don't think that interest rates in Europe will climb over the next 24 months to any significant heights (2% or more).

My local Porsche dealer has a barely used (no track usage) 991.1 GT3 RS with only 1000 km onboard. Owner tried to sell it for over 220k for months, then the price dropped to slightly under 210k and now it is under 200k (198k or so). Nobody seems to be interested in this car. When the new 991.2 GT3 RS shows up, the value of this car will drop instantly by another 10-20k, at least.

The future value of the GT2RS will greatly be influenced by what comes next in this segment from Porsche, if you ask me. A GT2RS has neither the speciality, nor the beauty of a Speciale for example, nor has it the USP of the last NA-engine of its breed. It's (just) a fast, martial (some say ugly) looking track tool. If Porsche comes next with a super-duper 992 GT2RS with electric-drivenTurbos, only few will warm up towards an old-tech 991.2 GT2RS.

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

BjoernB:

Porsche GT cars still hold value better than +90% of the rest ! at my PZ a black GT3 Mk1 has just been sold for 9 k below the price I bought my car 2 years ago.....- and it's not even a RS. Try a R8,Huracan,458,Vantage,650S etc.and you loose more driving off the dealer....

True...maybe.

R8? Definitely a lot to loose here but nobody pays full price for the car, there are discounts up to 30%, so... Smiley

Huracan? Not really losing much value in Germany. Same goes to 458.

650S? Yes, a problem. Vantage too.

Depends on what people want and of course depends on the market.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

BjoernB:

https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/lamborghini-huracan-coupe-2014-occasion?index=3&make=43&model=2001&sort=price_asc&st=1&vehid=4626300&vehtyp=10&returnurl=%2fde%2fautos%2flamborghini--huracan%3fmake%3d43%26model%3d2001%26sort%3dprice_asc%26st%3d1%26vehtyp%3d10%26r%3d5

but you were right with 30% kiss

This is Switzerland. Try to find a used Huracan for over 100k less in Germany. Good luck with that. Dealers usually have lists with customers who are interested in buying a used one and get called by the dealership once a (used) car comes in. Many Huracan sold here in Germany are also often brought from Hungary or other Eastern European countries, some had accidents, others were not serviced right. I have a customer who wanted to get one, price limit was 180k EUR  (for a car with no more than 10k km and not older than three years) but everything he found was...crap. Smiley

--

RC:

I think this is the one to watch when looking at this ridiculous fragile "overs" market, with the rumours/estimations/factual quotes of 4000+ units in the market place the car is not really ever going to be a collectors piece and whilst it may be purchased for a short ownership "bit of fun/experience" it surely is not a car to be held onto (not until the prices become stable at an appropriately depreciated level circa £80K IMO) a big issue in this for me is the engine, Porsche are making big developments to every new model with the new GT3 having an engine which instantly turns the GT3RS engine into an old tech one off....I think this is the first Porsche whose current (still) stratospheric asking price will rapidly tumble at the first twitch of rate rises/recession/sentiment....

I see the same scenario for the GT2RS if they make a lot (a level prob more than 3000) of them, basically if people are not going to seriously collect them then where is the underpinning demand ? most people will not want to drive something which looks like this on the street due to garish looks and/or being impractical certainly not if they fear that their purchase will be a normal depreciating car.

--

997 GT2 2014 3.9 Mezger, 800PS @ 1.2 bar

993 Turbo, 2006 built 3.8, 577PS/797NM, 1440kg DIN

A415E386-DBB9-48E1-B9C4-CA1724119B78.jpeg
    0B046F15-CB18-4638-9FD3-F54E8E7F256C.jpegfrom SportAuto 10/2017

Porsche: Pirelli P Zero Corsa NO

Audi: Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 R01

Nissan: Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT600 DSST

Blueflame

Similar braking deceleration, but the 911 corners much higher than the Audi. 

noone1:

They didn't even bother to re-test the Audi R8, they used the same values from a AMS review. Smiley

I assume they did the same with the Nissan GT-R, only the Turbo S ES test data was new.

Pretty much worthless in a direct comparison.

I agree though with what they wrote about the Audi: The chassis needs a bit of fine-tuning but what the car needs most is proper tires. The Cup 2 is a better PZero Corsa (the "old" one...) , not really a first class semi-slick. Audi wanted it this way to make this tire suitable for daily driving but it actually became what the standard PZero is: An good allrounder.

I will get the Cup 2 with Audi rating for next summer since I promised to join one or two track events on the Salzburgring. At first, I wanted to get the Trofeo R (there is the right size for my rims) but a factory driver I met told me not to get them because I could have issues with the ABS system and rubbing.

I know they won't last long (maybe 5000 km if I'm lucky, instead the 9000 or 10000 km I got out of my PZero PZ4) but I am curious how they are. They aren't too expensive (maybe a couple of hundreds more than the PZ4), so no big deal. The Trofeo Rs would have been around 3k EUR or so in the size for my car, couldn't find them cheaper.

--

With 1.07,3min is 991.2 Turbo S ES the fastest of all 991.1/991.2 models on Klein Kurs. It is fantastic time.

RC:
    noone1:

They didn't even bother to re-test the Audi R8, they used the same values from a AMS review. Smiley

I assume they did the same with the Nissan GT-R, only the Turbo S ES test data was new.

I agree though with what they wrote about the Audi: The chassis needs a bit of fine-tuning but what the car needs most is proper tires. The Cup 2 is a better PZero Corsa (the "old" one...) , not really a first class semi-slick. Audi wanted it this way to make this tire suitable for daily driving but it actually became what the standard PZero is: An good allrounder.

I will get the Cup 2 with Audi rating for next summer since I promised to join one or two track events on the Salzburgring. At first, I wanted to get the Trofeo R (there is the right size for my rims) but a factory driver I met told me not to get them because I could have issues with the ABS system and rubbing.

I know they won't last long (maybe 5000 km if I'm lucky, instead the 9000 or 10000 km I got out of my PZero PZ4) but I am curious how they are. They aren't too expensive (maybe a couple of hundreds more than the PZ4), so no big deal. The Trofeo Rs would have been around 3k EUR or so in the size for my car, couldn't find them cheaper.

If they last half as long they are at least twice as expensive. Just saying. 

KresoF1:

With 1.07,3min is 991.2 Turbo S ES the fastest of all 991.1/991.2 models on Klein Kurs. It is fantastic time.

But why does the acceleration suck big time vs the less powerful stock Turbo cars Smiley Smiley

Turbo S ES

0-100: 2,9

0-160: 6,3

0-200: 9,7

100-0 (Cold): 34,7 m

100-0 (Warm): 31,5 m

Weight: 1,622 kg

.1s isn't really "big time" IMO. Different day, different conditions. Close enough to be irrelevant.

BiTurbo:
    KresoF1:

But why does the acceleration suck big time vs the less powerful stock Turbo cars Smiley Smiley

Turbo S ES

0-100: 2,9

0-160: 6,3

0-200: 9,7

100-0 (Cold): 34,7 m

100-0 (Warm): 31,5 m

Weight: 1,622 kg

You compared times from SA and AB Sports cars. 

Numbers from AB Sports cars are:

0-200km/h  9.2s

0-300km/h 28.6s

Brakes measurements are fantastic as well.

I checked ABSports test

0-100: 2,7

0-160: 5,9

0-200: 9,2

0-250: 15,4

0-300: 28,6

Tested figures Power/Torque: 627 PS / 766 Nm

Not sure if that extra 60k charge is really worth it angry

No, it isn't, I agree. You can even get that special wheels via Tequipment. But, my point is that 991.2 Turbo or Turbo S is extremely fast on the track on Corsa N0 tires and extremely driver confidence inspiring for fast driving unlike some other sports cars which feel plain scary near or on the limit.

KresoF1:

No, it isn't, I agree. You can even get that special wheels via Tequipment. But, my point is that 991.2 Turbo or Turbo S is extremely fast on the track on Corsa N0 tires and extremely driver confidence inspiring for fast driving unlike some other sports cars which feel plain scary near or on the limit.

Exacly my point of view as well Smiley

KresoF1:

Kreso, , I noticed your new avatar since a few weeks . Something to tell us ? Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Eric,

Below 1500km on clock at the moment. When I reach 5000km I will post formal impressions and pictures. So far pretty good. PDK-S of course.. 

KresoF1:

Eric,

Below 1500km on clock at the moment. When I reach 5000km I will post formal impressions and pictures. So far pretty good. PDK-S of course.. 

looking forward to your impressions and pictures  . Enjoy the new ride Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

Leawood911:
    RC:
    noone1:

If they last half as long they are at least twice as expensive. Just saying. 

The Trofeo R would probably last even less than the Cup 2. Smiley 

--

This just came in the mail today.

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6273.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6280.JPG

1511311299863IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6278.JPG

--

Took me a couple minutes to figure out what it is for. It is make out of carbon fibre, same ones with copper inlay that they used on the Exclusive Series.

It's a PHONE HOLDER!

IMG_6279.JPG

The slot in the middle is for the charging cable to pass through.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688657 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408740 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255535 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234803 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65400 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857606 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773428 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM