Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F1 GP France

Practice times mean nothing. Mclaren go at their true pace during the Qualifications.

Quote:
    luwalira said:
    Practice times mean nothing. Mclaren go at their true pace during the Qualifications.

The practice results have been indicative of qualifying/race performance for the last 3 straight races, where the McLarens have been dominant.

I'm placing my bets on a Ferrari 1-2, with Kimi taking the win

A question for you yanks here:
    I'm currently in Louisiana (visiting family), and would like to watch the French GP. I have found that Speed TV shows qualifying live, but they don't show the race itself until friday July 6th for some reason...

Is there another channel that shows the race live, or at least before friday

Nice to see Ferrari back on the pace, at least in training. Hope they can fight for pole tomorrow.

Temm, right now, FOX SPORTS has a contract for Formula 1 races (begining at Montreal I believe). You will be able to catch the race at 1pm EST on Sunday afternoon (on FOX), aprox a 5 hour tape delay...stay off rennteam

Merci

In final practice Hamilton did the fastest lap this weekend - 1:14.843.

Pos. Driver Team Tires Time Laps
    1 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:14.843 8
    2 F. Massa Ferrari 1:14.906 16
    3 K. Räikkönen Ferrari 1:15.276 15
    4 H. Kovalainen Renault 1:15.404 19
    5 G. Fisichella Renault 1:15.489 20
    6 R. Kubica BMW 1:15.535 20
    7 N. Rosberg Williams 1:15.735 18
    8 F. Alonso McLaren 1:15.742 4
    9 J. Trulli Toyota 1:15.801 19
    10 D. Coulthard Red Bull 1:15.802 15

Massa is on Pole, Hamilton second, kimi third and Kubica fourth.

Alonso had an engine problem. It seems to me that Ron Dennis do not like Alonso too much...

Im sure its only bad luck like Hamilton had problems with his car on first friday`s practice.. Lastest news are that Alonso had a gearbox failure, so they wont change the engine and from tenth postition he still can finnisih on good position.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Alonso had an engine problem. It seems to me that Ron Dennis do not like Alonso too much...

How could this be related ? It could happen to Hamilton as well....

Quote:
    Jeannot said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

How could this be related ? It could happen to Hamilton as well....

Isn't it rather a gearbox problem ?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

If you are suggesting that Ron Dennis would put Alonso at a disadvantage during Qualifying because he does not like him too much, then you are overlooking the fact that that would also mean that Ron Dennis did also not like Ron Dennis too much.

How likely is it that the guy would sabotage his own team by disadvantaging one of its two drivers prior to a race?

Temm, the race might be shown on the FOX network, either in real time or as a delayed broadcast on Sunday.

FOX has broadcast the last two F1 races. They said they would show 4 this season, so the French GP might be one of them.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

If you are suggesting that Ron Dennis would put Alonso at a disadvantage during Qualifying because he does not like him too much, then you are overlooking the fact that that would also mean that Ron Dennis did also not like Ron Dennis too much.

How likely is it that the guy would sabotage his own team by disadvantaging one of its two drivers prior to a race?

I think what Kreso means is that the team just gives too much attention to Louie from Hamilton, instead of giving undivided attention to both of them, although Alonso shouldn't complain, as he was Flavio's pet while at Benetton.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

I think what Kreso means is that the team just gives too much attention to Louie from Hamilton, instead of giving undivided attention to both of them, although Alonso shouldn't complain, as he was Flavio's pet while at Benetton.

Also, Hamilton leads the Championship and has been the better performer year to date

Final results:

1.Kimi
    2.Massa
    3.Hamilton
    4.Kubica

Excellent drive by both Kimi and Massa. Hamilton was very good against Kubica. Alonso? I am stying with my opinion-Ron Dennis likes Lewis much, much more...

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    I am stying with my opinion-Ron Dennis likes Lewis much, much more...

Kreso,

maybe it is true but I am under the impression that your opinion is more driven by prejudice than by facts

If not, would you mind to elaborate ?

Ziggy,
    Try to find out little bit more how long is relationship between Ron Dennis and Lewis Hamilton... Then you will understand MY opinion.

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Also, Hamilton leads the Championship and has been the better performer year to date

Very true. It's just that Alonso isn't used to playing second fiddle .

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Kreso,

maybe it is true but I am under the impression that your opinion is more driven by prejudice than by facts

Ziggy, Louie the Prejudiced has been Ron Dennis' protegé for over a decade and it is no realy secret that he is being favored by him.

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    Ziggy,
    Try to find out little bit more how long is relationship between Ron Dennis and Lewis Hamilton... Then you will understand MY opinion.

This is why I wrote "Maybe it is true".

I know L. Hamilton signed his first contract with Mclaren at the age of 9, and IMHO Alonso 's difficulties this year have partly to do with his less tight relationship with the team.

But it is only MY opinion, based more on impression than facts, because I am not in the loop inside the team and I only gather my information from the press, blogs, etc.

Besides, this weekend Alonso's Mechanical failure came from the gearbox, not the engine, otherwise he would have started from position 20 as he qualified at position 10, and I can't imagine for one second it is intentional or due to lack of attention compared with Hamilton's car.

Regarding the race itself:
    - Alonso proved again today he is a true racer, like in Barcelona, Canada and Indianapolis,
    -Hamilton did a conservative race, probably after having realised he would finish in front of Alonso and that he could not do anything again the Ferraris. Nevertheless a great overtake on Kubica.
    -Great to see the Ferraris back, but their pilots "just" did what they had to do IMO.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Quote:
    KresoF1 said:

Kreso,

Ziggy, Louie the Prejudiced has been Ron Dennis' protegé for over a decade and it is no realy secret that he is being favored by him.

Sorry, just saw your post while I was replying to Kreso, see above.

Whether or not there is favoritism is pure speculation.

What is clear is that Fernando is flustered in his current situation. He does not drive with the same composed relaxed calm that was his marquee for the last two seasons. He tries to do too much, often attempting bold and ostentatious passes that are simply over the top. Even by looking at his telemetry, his driving style seems to be less smooth than before.

He should look at old tapes of Schummacher charging from the back. He would intimidate opponents with his presence, nto with his erratic behavior.

There is still plenty of time for him to push for a chaompionship, but he needs to focus and really push at qualification. Whether or not the mechanics will prep his car for that push, we can only speculate...

F1 now goes on to Silverstone. Its legions of local and famously pro Spanish fans can't wait for Alonso to appear.

Its a odd set of circumstances that led Alonso to McLaren. He should have been driving for Ferrari this year. He chose to go to McLaren and he also chose to move to England to live. Tough luck, bad timing, wrong move.

Everyone in F1 knew that Hamilton was already signed by McLaren. Mclaren didnt know if they were going to start Hamilton this year or just use him for a test driver. They started him and look what he did. The results had to rattle Alonso's ego a bit Im sure.

Its no big suprise that Hamilton is getting on better with his team than Alonso. Its a British team for gawdsakes. If there was a Spanish team in F1 I'm sure that Alonso might get along better with them than Hamilton would. Big deal.

But I can't imagine that Mclaren would shank Alonso with a lesser car. Alonso has been slower than Hamilton, that happens in racing.

For Silverstone I hope Alonso wins with Sato in second and Scott Speed third

It's not about shanking. It's about how much resources are spent on each driver's vehicle. Do you think Barrichello got equal treatment to his car as Schummacher during his reign?

There is a limited amount of man power and two vehicles that need to be be finely tuned to two different driving styles.

Now do you think the engineers really push 50/50 for Alonso or Hamilton, or do they burn the midnight oil for their countryman and their friend...

I dont think that nationality has a lot to do with that. Ron Dennis maybe likes Hamilton more than Alonso, but they are professionals and Im sure Alonso dont have weaker support from the team. Who would pay 20 milions Euro for a first driver and then giving him defective components ?

copy/paste from F1racing:

Team boss Ron Dennis added, "A difficult race. Both drivers put in solid performances, and particularly Fernando, who for me was the man of the race with his various battles against Heidfeld and Fisichella...

He found much nicer words for Alonso than for Hamilton after race...

But, did you heard the radio conversation between Hamilton and his team after the race?

Quote:
    KresoF1 said:
    But, did you heard the radio conversation between Hamilton and his team after the race?

What did he say?

That he is sorry that he did not win today. He wont let the team down in Silverstone also...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752793 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430448 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258455 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255388 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868052 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801641 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM