Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Gauss' Pictures available now

Thanks to Gauss for providing us these awesome pictures from Zuffenhausen .

Re: Gauss' Pictures available now

GREAT pictures Gauss. good work. these are by far the best pics yet. shows you what they look like in the different colours. excellent.

Finaly a picture where we can see a 996 next to a 997. From the back, although not not very different from the 996, the 997 looks more modern and stylish. Great pics indeed.
    The black 997 with beje interior is to die for

J.Seven

WOW!!! Great pic's!! The 997 might just be the best looking 911 to date! I love it. Good to see it in a different environment and in different colors.

super bilder !! vielen vielen dank !!

conner

Gauss is my hero
    Finally we can compare somewhqat the 996 vs 997 rear, in this case a 997S vs a 996GT3 and for me the 997S, though very similar to the untrained eye, is clearly better looking from the rear. The hips shape and the rear lights make the 997S better looking. Hope to see a 997S with an aerokit soon.

Great pix--thanks for sharing!

I am in total AH!! I will need a while to recover from this one

Ok, it's starting to sink in. I"m in Love!

Fantastic pics Gauss Thank You

I still don't like the "new" front lights, mainly the turn indicator lights/location, but the car looks great. I like the darker colors the best on the 997 so far

Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing.
    I hope I VERY soon will see and drive the 997. In my humble opinion this is the most beatifull 911 ever . So classic and yet with some very aggressive lines and details. The 5 spoke wheels with the holes at the end (whatever their name is) just hit me from the first pictures. The only detail I might need some time to get used to is the double exaust pipes in each side. This I believe Porsche could have done better, but ok give it some time. Does anyone knows how the PSE for the 997S will look like ??

Stunning
    Can't wait to see it in real life

Quote:
    tso said:
    Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing.
    In my humble opinion this is the most beatifull 911 ever . So classic and yet with some very aggressive lines and details.

100% agree! That was my very first impression just when the official photos where released by RC (PRIMACY!) in this forum. I could be weong, but I can very happily see, that many members of this forum see it as I do

This gorgeous Carrera is the best looking up to day. Not to mention its announced performance (wich I do not doubt) - even more impressive- (just wait and see the future models of this range!).

Today the Porshe dealer phoned me to tell me they already have the option list.....I have lots to do tomorrow, but wich such beauty, any other considerations are almost vulgar

Thanks a lot for the pics! They will help us to see the real thing and how those colours are in reality....

By the way, very, very difficult task to choose one

Got to love this forum! I am going to the factory next week with my friend. Then on to LeMans. I can't wait. Maybe we will see some of you there. I am going to watch Champion race the R8.

O.K., pictures are phenomenal. Now, how do all the Porschephiles feel about this car compared with the look of the upcoming Aston Martin AMV8?? (Fire-retardant suit on and secure!!!)

Quote:
    ZZZZMD said:
    O.K., pictures are phenomenal. Now, how do all the Porschephiles feel about this car compared with the look of the upcoming Aston Martin AMV8?? (Fire-retardant suit on and secure!!!)

IMO, and its a matter of taste, the AMV8 is much better looking, much more elegant and sophisticated sportcar, and thats inspite the factthat I'm so fond to the "911 shape" since child that I can't be objective about it when it comes to other cars, but the Aston is just simply superb and I have to face it. Put one side by side in a photoshop or in your mind and its obvious.

However, I would never buy the Aston instead just because it looks better, in were it really matters in a sportcar, the 911 wins hands down, and there is still IMO no competition to the 911 even worth comparing at all in that aspect for me

Aston Martin has allways been Aston Martin. A "phylosophy": extremely elegant, fantastic "British" interiors, confortable, very fast in the highway...impeccable. Shurely a very deep satisfaction to proudly own one of those timeless masterpieces. Moreover, the new model looks for me even "sportier".

But, sincerely, we are talking about diferent worlds. If one can afford it, to fantastic ones to have in the garage, but the Carrera is a real street-sport car. The Aston is, for me, further superior in it's interior, much more confortable.....but this has the cost of the weight and sport handling.

We are in different leagues. But in any case, a Carrera will allways be faster in 90% of situations. Aston will allways beat a Carrera in confort and interior styling.

Having to choose is a problem, and a matter of preferences.

At the moment I have to choose, and I'm not old enough to go towards "sport-confort" (Only for confort I already drive my Daimler), so, I prefer the 997: I think almost 100% sportive (In spite some nonesense words I have read from some Ferrari friends). A pure performer....the time (not very much) will say...

Looking at Gauss fantastic photos (Thanks again!) and considering that light can be very tricky, can somebody tell me if the grey models are (and wich ones) "Artic sylver metallic", "Seal Grey" or "Carrera GT grey"?

Also, the "dark" one with the beje interior (Agree with you J.Seven: To die for!) Is it black or any variation of dark blue colours?

Thanks in advance

The darker grays seems to look like seal gray to me, and the lighter are more difficult to tell but since its exactly the same as the GT3 there and since there is no CGT silver available on GT3 then it must be artic silver. As to the 997S with the baige inside I'm almost 100% sure its ocean blue with savanah beige interior, since its just like my 996.

Thank you very much Carlos for your comments

It wil be really difficult for me, to choose between a silver appointment (black interior), and the one you have in your beautifull 996.

I suppose that finally it will be that precise's moment decission, because both (if not all) are really aesthetic.

Great Pics

The black car would be my choice - gorgeous!

Hi all, I'm glad that you all like the photos

Quote:
    The darker grays seems to look like seal gray to me, and the lighter are more difficult to tell but since its exactly the same as the GT3 there and since there is no CGT silver available on GT3 then it must be artic silver.

You are right!

Quote:
    As to the 997S with the baige inside I'm almost 100% sure its ocean blue with savanah beige interior, since its just like my 996.

Unfortunately there was no "blue/dark blue" 997 at Zuffenhausen that day, the ones on the photos are all "black", and it's my favorite too

what a collection
    it's like being in zuffenhausen myself

thanks a lot, gauss & ron!

Well done boys, very nice pics!
    My fav two pics, the one where you can compare the 997 with the 996 GT3, you see the small but distinguishable differences, and the one of the rear of the 997 at wing level, you realise that the car is a fair margin wider than the 996, all for the best of course!
    Thanks!

Quote:
    Gauss said:[/bUnfortunately there was no "blue/dark blue" 997 at Zuffenhausen that day, the ones on the photos are all "black", and it's my favorite too

You missed this one it was ocean blue, with certain light it may look almost black but you can still see the blue tint on it. Its my favorite color, its the most elegant and its not very flashy

Here is the pic (this is the savanah beige one) and you can also see the difference of a black one on the backround. The other one bellow is my ocean blue to comapre the darkness (it has a bit of red reflection due to the tiles)

Dear carlos, I can assure you that it is a black car
    I have seen them myself and there was no "very dark blue" car there. I know on the pics some may look "blueish", I believe it is because of the camera and the light reflections (sky etc).
    Take a look at the "beige interior" car from behind...

Quote:
    Gauss said:
    Dear carlos, I can assure you that it is a black car
    I have seen them myself and there was no "very dark blue" car there. I know on the pics some may look "blueish", I believe it is because of the camera and the light reflections (sky etc).
    Take a look at the "beige interior" car from behind...

Well, you were there and I wasn't, so I can't argue with you on it since you can only be sure in real life, but the reason I said so is because black doesn't get that characteristic non-greyish blue metallic tint all over from the sky and the black 997 in the backround shows how "greyish" the reflections get with black or the close ups of the other black shows how blacks reflects the sky like a mirror but the other parts stay black without any blue. But my ocean blue OTOH gets that uniform tint exactly and looks blackish when you step away (would you say my car is blue or black?) like the photo from behind you mention, but the metallic blueish stands out more and more as you approach it.

But like I said, you were actually there and you saw it in real life so I'll definately take your word for it, photos can be very deceiving sometimes in terms of color and that may be justy it

Thanks for the Pics Gauss

Can't wait to see one in person..

At the end of June i will stay one day in Stuttgart...and i will make a lot of pics!!

Ciao
    Dario

Excellent photos!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks a lot for the wonderful pictures, Gauss. Thumbs up. I think I just fell in love with that black 997 S.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804015 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448728 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266343 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90164 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886074 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834386 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM